ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   ****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264510)

soopamanluva 10-10-2012 09:54 AM

It can only be 42 with the spaces? That will be hard....

InChiefsHeaven 10-10-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8998306)
thats 47 characters
even the following is 44....

WE CHEER CHANGE NOT INJURY SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

what about CHEER CHANGE NOT INJURY SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

That makes it look like we were against the cheering of injury...of course it also acknowledges that there was cheering, which was very minimal...

I dunno. I like this line of thought though.

Incredible Edibles 10-10-2012 09:55 AM

WANTING CHANGE, NOT INJURIES! Saveourchiefs.com

frankotank 10-10-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 8998316)
what about CHEER CHANGE NOT INJURY SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

That makes it look like we were against the cheering of injury...of course it also acknowledges that there was cheering, which was very minimal...

I dunno. I like this line of thought though.

not frigging bad! 41 characters. leaves room for an exclamation point!

CHEER CHANGE NOT INJURY! SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

frankotank 10-10-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incredible Edibles (Post 8998319)

47 characters....sheesh....:doh!:

InChiefsHeaven 10-10-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incredible Edibles (Post 8998319)

still 47.

WANTING CHANGE NOT INJURY SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

That should fit...

soopamanluva 10-10-2012 09:57 AM

Cheering change not pain-saveourchiefs.com

Incredible Edibles 10-10-2012 09:58 AM

KC FANS MOVING TO ST. LOUIS saveourchiefs.com

Lol

The Franchise 10-10-2012 09:59 AM

YOUR SILENCE IS DEAFENING. SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Incredible Edibles 10-10-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8998330)
YOUR SILENCE IS DEAFENING. SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Glorious.

ArthurJGuy 10-10-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8998295)
WE CHEER CHANGE, NOT INJURY - saveourchiefs.com

That fits.

This!

Molitoth 10-10-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

The banner cannot exceed 42 characters, spaces not included.

this is in the OP frankotank.

WE CHEER CHANGE, NOT INJURY - saveourchiefs.com is 41 characters.

Incredible Edibles 10-10-2012 10:16 AM

I think it should focus on the permanent changes at QB and GM. If we start addressing the issues brought up in last weeks game then our attention will be diverted away from the original reason this is all blowing up. Brady Quinn is not a good QB and will not be a long term fix, sure, him coming into the game after Cassel left was a relief for sure (how can he do worse?) but, if the goal is to make a long term change, its probably going to require some long term focus on our part. Just a thot, not bashing anyone. I love you all. :)

KCUnited 10-10-2012 10:18 AM

I'd move on from the injury thing and just let it die, theres no changing that perception. I'd stick to the original message, Pioli needs to be fired. Jmo.

Molitoth 10-10-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incredible Edibles (Post 8998360)
I think it should focus on the permanent changes at QB and GM. If we start addressing the issues brought up in last weeks game then our attention will be diverted away from the original reason this is all blowing up. Brady Quinn is not a good QB and will not be a long term fix, sure, him coming into the game after Cassel left was a relief for sure (how can he do worse?) but, if the goal is to make a long term change, its probably going to require some long term focus on our part. Just a thot, not bashing anyone. I love you all. :)

Change is not limited to Matt Cassel.

with the above mentioned statement, we are calling for change as well as setting the record straight about what happened.

I think it's prefect.

InChiefsHeaven 10-10-2012 10:19 AM

FWIW, Mitch and Gammon said quite a bit about the fan base and stuck up for us well on the Chiefs live broadcast from the website. Check out the 14:00 minute mark or so.

Not exactly the same as Pioli going on the radio, but it's something.

Hammock Parties 10-10-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 8998378)
FWIW, Mitch and Gammon said quite a bit about the fan base and stuck up for us well on the Chiefs live broadcast from the website. Check out the 14:00 minute mark or so.

Everyone with a ****ing brain in their head knows Pioli is a huge ****ing fraud.

I'm sure Mitch and Kendall are just as disgusted as we are with what's going on, they show it by doing what the FO refuses to do....stand up for the fans in what meager way they can.

ArthurJGuy 10-10-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 8998378)

I saw that too.

Petro said basically the same thing on 810 also. People are sticking up for us, it's just not the leaders of the organization.

BossChief 10-10-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8997355)
PLAYERS: WE CHEERED CHANGE, NOT INJURY

Post 3696

Mile High Mania 10-10-2012 11:06 AM

I think you'd be wasting time with a focus on the injury and cheering. Nobody is going to get wrapped up and around that message.

Be clear and clever. You want change and results...

I still think the video messages are the next step - take it up a notch or two, raise the bar and be smart about it. If you want to be taken seriously, be serious with the messaging.

The Franchise 10-10-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8998483)
I think you'd be wasting time with a focus on the injury and cheering. Nobody is going to get wrapped up and around that message.

I still think the video messages are the next step - take it up a notch or two, raise the bar and be smart about it. If you want to be taken seriously, be serious with the messaging.

We need to go the route of Anon........not hacking but video messages like you pointed out. Make a couple of short videos and get those ****ers to go viral. We can still fly banners.....or decide to go with a billboard.....but short videos would get our point across.

bevischief 10-10-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8998483)

We want change and results saveourchiefs.com

frankotank 10-10-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8998349)
this is in the OP frankotank.

WE CHEER CHANGE, NOT INJURY - saveourchiefs.com is 41 characters.

OOOPS! my bad!
reading....it's hard.....
well hell....that changes everything....

Bugeater 10-10-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Straight, No Chaser (Post 8997986)
Please leave "Clark" off the banner

Just because Clark has not or will not respond to this web site does not mean he's isn't working on change --and why should he announce any hint of response to the public, especially here?

For continuity's sake start off with the same We Deserve Better. Kind of simple but following that just put up the web site address for SaveOurChiefs.com

However, I would have to say after visiting there: Meh... so far. Hopefully it gets enhanced in the next week and a half.

Thanks For The Work You Are Doing!

I think this is the best idea, don't direct anything at anyone specific. Just an expression of dissatisfaction. It's up to the organization to figure out who the problem is and what to do about it.

Bugeater 10-10-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8998505)
We need to go the route of Anon........not hacking but video messages like you pointed out. Make a couple of short videos and get those ****ers to go viral. We can still fly banners.....or decide to go with a billboard.....but short videos would get our point across.

Hmmm...I know just the person who's a diehard Chiefs fan, and can make funny and entertaining videos. Problem is, I wouldn't be able to post them here.

frankotank 10-10-2012 11:37 AM

OK, with my newly found understanding of the rules....and the suggested direction away from the injury, this fits exactly.

WE NEED CHANGE NOW! GO CHIEFS! SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

redgoldexpress 10-10-2012 11:38 AM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/84...ate-frustrated

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Romeo Crennel said Wednesday that he shares the frustration of fans in Kansas City over the Chiefs' 1-4 start while also calling them "some of the best fans in the NFL."

The Chiefs coach served as a spokesman for an organization whose fanbase has been the subject of national scrutiny this week. On Sunday, offensive lineman Eric Winston laid into fans he believes were cheering after quarterback Matt Cassel was injured.

Cassel sustained a concussion in the 9-6 loss to Baltimore.

Crennel said he believes most Chiefs fans "felt bad" that Cassel had been hurt. He also said that Brady Quinn is preparing to start Sunday at Tampa Bay.

hometeam 10-10-2012 11:42 AM

Let the injury thing go. No need to stoke that fire. We need to stick with the WE DESERVE BETTER line. THAT is OUR war chant.

BossChief 10-10-2012 11:51 AM

Dan Patrick is talking about this right now with Mike Florio.

pr_capone 10-10-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Straight, No Chaser (Post 8997986)
Please leave "Clark" off the banner

Just because Clark has not or will not respond to this web site does not mean he's isn't working on change --and why should he announce any hint of response to the public, especially here?

For continuity's sake start off with the same We Deserve Better. Kind of simple but following that just put up the web site address for SaveOurChiefs.com

However, I would have to say after visiting there: Meh... so far. Hopefully it gets enhanced in the next week and a half.

Thanks For The Work You Are Doing!

I can understand wanting to leave Clark's name off the banner. I believe this is reasonable and completely dooable. That said, I do need to hear from Clark. If he sent a release today that said: "I'm working on it", I would be inclined to hit the brakes and see how this plays out.

PS - Working on the site. :D

frankotank 10-10-2012 11:54 AM

I keep thinking about capones words talking about remembering when you used to feel the rumble of the crowd noise in your chest.....

BRING BACK ARROWHEAD THUNDER SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

frankotank 10-10-2012 11:55 AM

WE WANT CHANGE NOW! YOU THERE? SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

SILENCE IS DEAFENING U THERE? SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

WE SUPPORT PLAYERS NOT MGMNT! SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

pr_capone 10-10-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8998603)
WE SUPPORT PLAYERS NOT MGMNT! SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

I support Clark. Am I wrong to think that the majority does as well? He punted Carl, he brought in a guy most of us thought would get us winning. It isn't Clark's fault that Pioli brought in Cassel.

Hammock Parties 10-10-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8998623)
I support Clark. Am I wrong to think that the majority does as well? He punted Carl, he brought in a guy most of us thought would get us winning. It isn't Clark's fault that Pioli brought in Cassel.

This.

Clark paid Scott to do his job, and left him well enough alone to do it.

Scott is fail.

Clark should fire the idiot not doing his job now.

RustShack 10-10-2012 12:11 PM

We Deserve Better! Start Quinn, Draft Geno!

Molitoth 10-10-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 8998644)
We Deserve Better! Start Quinn, Draft Geno!

We deserve better. <--- We've already said that.
Start Quinn. <--- It's already happening.
Draft Geno. <--- Ok, but that is a long way away and can easily be expressed later when we are worrying about the draft.

ghak99 10-10-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

I'm with you. He brought in some of the biggest names in the business and, for the most part, stayed the hell out of their way. Cassel was Pioli's decision, and only Pioli's decision.

Clark tried... We need him to try again.

Keep throwing logs on the fire that feeds this pissed off fan base and he'll have to act or respond in some way.

If Pioli already has his extension all bets are off and it's time to move to Qb in the first round, or die. We really need to know if he's already got his extension to know where the lines are drawn in the sand.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-10-2012 12:33 PM

YOU OWE ME A DINNER AT MENDY'S CLARK!!!

BourbonMan 10-10-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redgoldexpress (Post 8998555)

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Romeo Crennel said Wednesday that he shares the frustration of fans in Kansas City over the Chiefs' 1-4 start while also calling them "some of the best fans in the NFL."

The Chiefs coach served as a spokesman for an organization whose fanbase has been the subject of national scrutiny this week. On Sunday, offensive lineman Eric Winston laid into fans he believes were cheering after quarterback Matt Cassel was injured.

Crennel said he believes most Chiefs fans "felt bad" that Cassel had been hurt. He also said that Brady Quinn is preparing to start Sunday at Tampa Bay.

Romeo's press conference was released on the Mothership about an hour ago...I would post it, but not sure how to embed video.

InChiefsHeaven 10-10-2012 12:48 PM

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media-center...5-d53d7a2faaff

pr_capone 10-10-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 8998739)

the part about the fans begins at 5:09

the Talking Can 10-10-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redgoldexpress (Post 8998555)

Quote:

Pioli has not been available for comment this week.
is there a more gutless coward in the league?

Tribal Warfare 10-10-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8998755)
is there a more arrogant gutless coward in the league?

FYP

frankotank 10-10-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

aight den. I stand corrected.
it's gonna be a BIZATCH for you deciding what to go with.
lots of good ones in here.

I like the arrowhead thunder one though. :thumb:

Hammock Parties 10-10-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8998755)
is there a more gutless coward in the league?

Pioli's a gutless turd.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...less-turds.jpg

Molitoth 10-10-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Pioli has not been available for comment this week.
He's too busy scouting the next Colin Brown.

Incredible Edibles 10-10-2012 01:32 PM

WE WANT CHANGE IMMEDIATELY! Saveourchiefs.com

Incredible Edibles 10-10-2012 01:36 PM

CLARK! NO FANS = NO $ - saveourchiefs.com

GloryDayz 10-10-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

I'm not sure I trust him. He's a silver spoon trust-fund brat, and I'm not sure he's got the skill, or the sheer determination, to learn the business. I hope I'm wrong, but at this point his family's name has been on the "Owner's Name" line of the sheets for a failed season for too many decades.

And I'm not sure he won't pay mere lip service to your requests for word from on high. That, along with some very anecdotal purchase of talent, will result in more seasons of fail. Now, instead of cheer-leading words, if he'd outline a plan that has the cap money spent (perhaps some of the past money that he might be able to say he banked for future years), then do it, I might think he meas what he's saying. Short of that I'm afraid I'd take it as lip service...

Sorry, bad day!

bowener 10-10-2012 02:56 PM

FIRE PIOLI BRING THE CANNOLI!

Incredible Edibles 10-10-2012 03:22 PM

I cant post a link but,

Clark Hunt released a statement.

Kc Star has the story

1ChiefsDan 10-10-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8998325)
47 characters....sheesh....:doh!:

"The banner cannot exceed 42 characters, spaces not included. "

I take this that spaces are not included as "characters" It seems like you are counting the spaces.

Oops Q

stonedstooge 10-10-2012 04:52 PM

PIOLI IS NOT THE ANSWER

Kansas30 10-10-2012 05:45 PM

If you want to get Hunt's attention then fly the banner in his home town and at all road games. I know that would get to me WAY before flying it would at Arrowhead.

teedubya 10-10-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kansas30 (Post 8999650)
If you want to get Hunt's attention then fly the banner in his home town and at all road games. I know that would get to me WAY before flying it would at Arrowhead.

Oh, we have his attention. :thumb:

Hammock Parties 10-10-2012 06:00 PM

http://i.imgur.com/7whaG.jpg

Bugeater 10-10-2012 06:44 PM

LMAO I'm throwing that one up on facebook.

DonTellMeShowMe 10-10-2012 06:55 PM

For the raiders game banner:

EVEN AL IS EMBARRASSED - saveourchiefs

BigRedChief 10-10-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 8999663)
Oh, we have his attention. :thumb:

Yes, we do. :thumb:

Next part of the process is to change the business landscape enough to where the CEO/Owner is forced to act for the good of his business.

Paniero 10-10-2012 08:24 PM

Franks and Beans! JWhit

hometeam 10-10-2012 08:54 PM

It was said that what Clark says to us in the coming weeks determines the next course of actions. I feel like that weak ass, canned statement today was an even larger indictment of this franchise. BATTER UP.

Phobia 10-10-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8998548)
Hmmm...I know just the person who's a diehard Chiefs fan, and can make funny and entertaining videos. Problem is, I wouldn't be able to post them here.

Funny and entertaining? What's he going to carve into his flesh this time?

Phobia 10-10-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonTellMeShowMe (Post 8999860)
For the raiders game banner:

EVEN AL IS EMBARRASSED - saveourchiefs

Al would have fired Pioli 3x by now.

In58men 10-10-2012 09:21 PM

Fly banner over the Raider stadium

"Just lose baby, Geno will saveourchiefs.com"

chiefzilla1501 10-10-2012 09:52 PM

I really appreciate that this is being run by sensible people.

The switch to a positive message was incredibly smart. I still think it needs to push a bit more on showing what's different, in that we used to have access to the players, and now Pioli has shut us off from them. But I like where it's heading and I think that's exactly the tone to get the people who don't realize yet how angry they should be. Good job, guys.

Phobia 10-10-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9000566)
I really appreciate that this is being run by sensible people.

I wasn't sure what to expect but PR has really done a nice job of keeping focus where it needs to be without completely being adversarial to the entire Chiefs organization. He's shown a ton of maturity and good leadership despite many hurdles.

bowener 10-10-2012 10:03 PM

This banner says more than Pioli has all week 37 characters

NJChiefsFan 10-10-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8998632)
This.

Clark paid Scott to do his job, and left him well enough alone to do it.

Scott is fail.

Clark should fire the idiot not doing his job now.

If Clark makes the right move this year then there isn't much you can get on him about. Not standing up for the fan base or whatever doesn't matter to me if he gets rid of Pioli. I certainly don't blame him for bringing in Pioli.

Phobia 10-10-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groves (Post 9000686)
CHEERING CHANGE, NOT INJURY...

That's a great banner but I think ignoring that whole incident is a better investment of resources at this point.

Incredible Edibles 10-10-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9000596)
This banner says more than Pioli has all week 37 characters

From an entertainment standpoint, this is beautiful. Probably not so much from a "lets accomplish something" standpoint.
But I like it, very much so. Haha

Groves 10-10-2012 11:05 PM

I think it's perfectly ok, to put Clark on the banner as long as we're pro Clark.

I mean really, we all hope Clark gets it in gear, but we don't know beans about what conversations he's had.

Getting his attention is one thing. Biting the hand that feeds you is just stupid.

Anyone with a boss knows that humiliation and shame won't get you anywhere far unless you're looking to get rid of that boss.

I don't think we're getting rid of Clark, so the next step is "outward trust" while we see how things shake out.

Also, can we buy a much shorter domain and redirect it, so we don't waste so much banner space? SOCHIEFS.COM is available.

Groves 10-10-2012 11:10 PM

DO THE RIGHT THING, CLARK. SOCHIEFS.COM

CLARK CARES. WE CARE. SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

LEAD US, CLARK. SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

KCrockaholic 10-10-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8999690)

Just curious why Jack Steadman is on here?

Hammock Parties 10-10-2012 11:11 PM

CLARK BAR! SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

CLARK! SHITTER'S FULL! SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Hammock Parties 10-10-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9000726)
Just curious why Jack Steadman is on here?

Because even the 80s Chiefs had 4 seasons of .500 or better.

pr_capone 10-10-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groves (Post 9000719)
I think it's perfectly ok, to put Clark on the banner as long as we're pro Clark.

I mean really, we all hope Clark gets it in gear, but we don't know beans about what conversations he's had.

Getting his attention is one thing. Biting the hand that feeds you is just stupid.

Anyone with a boss knows that humiliation and shame won't get you anywhere far unless you're looking to get rid of that boss.

I don't think we're getting rid of Clark, so the next step is "outward trust" while we see how things shake out.

That is really where my head is right now. This was something discussed early on, we knew going into this that Clark wasn't going to rush into KC, proclaim Cassel benched and have Pioli shot and buried under one of the field goal posts.

We wanted to be heard... and we were. Now we wait and see. If Clark acknowledges, then I'm at least willing to listen. If we are ignored. Things will get more intense.

Quote:

Also, can we buy a much shorter domain and redirect it, so we don't waste so much banner space? SOCHIEFS.COM is available.
I'm not sure we are going to need to put the web address on the banner more than once.

Hammock Parties 10-10-2012 11:15 PM

Hell, at least the 80s Chiefs TRIED TO DRAFT A QB.

Chiefburger 10-10-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9000441)
Funny and entertaining? What's he going to carve into his flesh this time?

You're alone in your support of the Kurt Cobain ban. Kinda like Pioli with Cassel.

Munson 10-10-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9000727)
CLARK! SHITTER'S FULL! SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

We've got a winner! LMAO

Chiefburger 10-10-2012 11:20 PM

INACTION SPEAKS LOUDER, CLARK! SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM