ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   ****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264510)

CaliforniaChief 10-09-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8997241)
Not showing up until the second quarter seems like a complicated message to send.

Keeping it simple works better.

WEAR BLACK, NOT RED, FIRE PIOLI

It would be tough, I suppose, especially with Pioli's henchmen roaming the parking lot. But wearing black to that third game would be good because it's a non-divisional opponent, fewer people will be there...the black should stand out more.

J Diddy 10-09-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8997180)
How about making a left turn for a minute.

#74 YOU OWE US AN APOLOGY - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

This is something that the entire fan base could unite over.

I thought the purpose of this was to get Clark to act upon the lack of wins. You do this and everyone starts to think you are just bitching about the organization.

Basically, a pissing match with a right tackle and all pressure is off Clark in regards to Cassel/Pioli.

Just my opinion, take it or leave it.

NJChiefsFan 10-09-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8997180)
How about making a left turn for a minute.

#74 YOU OWE US AN APOLOGY - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

This is something that the entire fan base could unite over.

Isn't a decent amount of the fan base in support of Winston? I just think our limited money would be better spent not being diverted. Even if the banner worked, we wouldn't be any closer to our goal of changing things.

CaliforniaChief 10-09-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 8997259)
I thought the purpose of this was to get Clark to act upon the lack of wins. You do this and everyone starts to think you are just bitching about the organization.

Basically, a pissing match with a right tackle and all pressure is off Clark in regards to Cassel/Pioli.

Agreed. Let's stay focused on Pioli.

Hammock Parties 10-09-2012 08:34 PM

I agree completely that we should ignore Eric Winston.

Hammock Parties 10-09-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 8997255)
It would be tough, I suppose, especially with Pioli's henchmen roaming the parking lot. But wearing black to that third game would be good because it's a non-divisional opponent, fewer people will be there...the black should stand out more.

You don't have to do shit in the parking lot, just encourage everyone to wear black via the banner and social media.

You keep pumping that message, the Chiefs keep losing, eventually people will bust out black clothes.

pr_capone 10-09-2012 08:37 PM

Ok... Eric Winston is forgotten.

CaliforniaChief 10-09-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8997288)
You don't have to do shit in the parking lot, just encourage everyone to wear black via the banner and social media.

You keep pumping that message, the Chiefs keep losing, eventually people will bust out black clothes.

It wouldn't hurt to have 20-25 people walking around parking lots pregame as ambassadors of the message. People see it in the sky, on TV, on Twitter, on Facebook, AND in person and they begin to see the inevitability of the movement. We could even sell shirts online in advance of the game.

Hammock Parties 10-09-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 8997295)
It wouldn't hurt to have 20-25 people walking around parking lots pregame as ambassadors of the message. People see it in the sky, on TV, on Twitter, on Facebook, AND in person and they begin to see the inevitability of the movement. We could even sell shirts online in advance of the game.

This is why a tailgate needs to be organized.

We need an HQ.

AustinChief 10-09-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 8997178)
Where's the Wild Turkey?

We agree 1000% here... pass that bottle...

In58men 10-09-2012 08:43 PM

I'll buy a shirt and wear it to the KC @ SD game.

J Diddy 10-09-2012 08:45 PM

Last Playoff Win:1993, 4 year Home record: , Give us a reason to roar

KcKc 10-09-2012 08:49 PM

maybe we can collab with the royals fans? they are running a similar site and have flown a banner.
http://www.no-more-glass.com/

idk, it may have already been said.

BossChief 10-09-2012 08:50 PM

PLAYERS: YOU DESERVE BETTER THAN PIOLI

RunKC 10-09-2012 08:51 PM

I think people should start holding signs in the parking lot too.

BossChief 10-09-2012 08:51 PM

PLAYERS: WE CHEERED CHANGE, NOT INJURY

BossChief 10-09-2012 08:52 PM

CLARK: DONT YOU WANT A CHAMPIONSHIP, TOO?

BossChief 10-09-2012 08:54 PM

CLARK: PIOLI IS EMBARRASSING YOU

chiefzilla1501 10-09-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8997293)

Now... the different spin is that it's unconscionable that the media skewers the fan base and not a single peep from the front office about how great our fans are. Most organizations would probably defend Cassel, but point out that the majority of fans are very good.

THAT is something that I think all fans would unite behind.

Is that true what was said on the saveoufchiefs page that nobody in the front office agreed to show up on Mike and Mike? If so... **** that.

chiefzilla1501 10-09-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 8997014)
Not trying to be a dick, but what exactly do you want them to say? They aren't going to come out and admit fault in anyway or acknowledge the banner.

I couldn't care less about verbal acknowledgement, actions speak louder than words. I'm holding all judgement until the draft, yes it's a long way away, but that is the only true fix here.

How about the fact that a front office that controls EVERYTHING players and coaches say sat idly by as Winston, Boss, Charles commented on the situation. And, Winston even went on the next day to comment about it and confirm what he said. Isn't it a bit odd to you that this tight-lipped organization didn't once stop the players from running their mouths? If Winston made a comment critical about Cassel, you can damn well bet Pioli would have forced Winston to apologize the next day.

What do you want Pioli to say? How about a damn press release. Or having somebody from the organization come out and say something like, we do not condone what was said by a vocal minority, but we believe the majority of people are good people and great fans.

Seriously, **** this front office. This media blackout is complete bullshit. They could be doing damage control, but they're not because they know that this is a convenient distraction to push their own agenda. Pushing your ego above the good of the team... **** that.

chiefzilla1501 10-09-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8997241)
Not showing up until the second quarter seems like a complicated message to send.

Keeping it simple works better.

WEAR BLACK, NOT RED, FIRE PIOLI

Not to be Debbie Downer...
But the goal is to get as many people to participate, right?

How many people would actually participate by wearing Raider colors? I love the cause, but I would never wear Raider colors during Raider week.

TRR 10-09-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 8997191)
Good move. The last thing we need to do is reinforce the myth that we are mean and nasty. I like these:

Are we better off than we were 4 years ago? Saveourchiefs.com
Patriot Way minus Tom Brady = Chiefs Losing --Saveourchiefs.com
We love our Chiefs too much to stay silent--Saveourchiefs.com

NO first round QB = 18 years of NO playoff wins --Saveourchiefs.com

Hammock Parties 10-09-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8997475)
Not to be Debbie Downer...
But the goal is to get as many people to participate, right?

How many people would actually participate by wearing Raider colors? I love the cause, but I would never wear Raider colors during Raider week.

It's unlikely we'd get that many wearing black that soon.

The idea is to start pumping out the message to wear black ASAP so it happens during the 3-game homestand.

CaliforniaChief 10-09-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8997487)
It's unlikely we'd get that many wearing black that soon.

The idea is to start pumping out the message to wear black ASAP so it happens during the 3-game homestand.

My opinion is to do it that last game of the homestand against Carolina. You'll have fewer fans, so more of a chance of being noticeable. And like Clay said, choosing the last game gives time to build momentum.

Bugeater 10-09-2012 10:01 PM

PIOLI'S MOM'S A WHORE - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

pr_capone 10-09-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8997462)
Is that true what was said on the saveoufchiefs page that nobody in the front office agreed to show up on Mike and Mike? If so... **** that.

I dunno... I didn't post it.

Titty Meat 10-09-2012 10:09 PM

No way you could organize some sort of walk out?

Stanley Nickels 10-09-2012 10:13 PM

Stupid idea: what about 3 or 4 different bumper stickers, with a Pioli's-related stat, that we could give out before games? Have the www / twitter on bottom...

Hammock Parties 10-09-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8997543)
No way you could organize some sort of walk out?

I think it's a lot easier to get a lot of people to wear black than it is to get them to take action en masse.

Walkouts basically never happen in pro sports.

ArthurJGuy 10-09-2012 10:20 PM

With all the bad press we have been getting as fans, I think something that says we still support our team and our players, just not the front office would be a relevant message.

How that gets summarized into the space allowed, I'm not sure.

DallasChief 10-09-2012 10:21 PM

How about a rally at a nearby park close to Arrowhead during the game with 100+ fans holding fire Pioli signs and yelling fire Pioli for 3 hours. That will def get covered by the news with pics and video sent to every member of the national media. I'm sure you could get 100 from here alone. Poster board is cheap, would not cost much at all to have a sign to handout to everyone at the park.

Iowanian 10-09-2012 10:23 PM

The faceless fans of the red army.

The fan has been given 3 names

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...nIFSNAzUaKCgSQ

pr_capone 10-09-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasChief (Post 8997573)
How about a rally at a nearby park close to Arrowhead during the game with 100+ fans holding fire Pioli signs and yelling fire Pioli for 3 hours. That will def get covered by the news with pics and video sent to every member of the national media. I'm sure you could get 100 from here alone. Poster board is cheap, would not cost much at all to have a sign to handout to everyone at the park.

I like the idea of getting together. I've never been a big fan of chanting though. lol

stanleychief 10-09-2012 10:56 PM

How much would it cost to buy a bunch of hillbilly teeth and distribute them at the gate? Can you imagine the hilarity if every shot of TV shot of the Arrowhead crowd looked like this?

http://www.billybobteeth.com/album/t...bset~8_jpg.jpg

Or, make a couple of huge signs with 'Cheer' on one side and 'Stop' on the other and put them in each end zone. You know, since we're too dumb to know when to cheer and stuff. For extra credit, have two guys wearing suits, sunglasses and earpieces flip the signs as appropriate.

SuperChief 10-09-2012 11:25 PM

To go along with the blackout movement, what about starting a "tear your ticket" campaign to get people to submit photos of their Chiefs tickets torn in half in protest? Several hundred pictures like that would surely garner quite a bit of attention, amiright?

NJChiefsFan 10-09-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleychief (Post 8997634)
Can you imagine the hilarity if every shot of TV shot of the Arrowhead crowd looked like this?

http://www.billybobteeth.com/album/t...bset~8_jpg.jpg

Ehhh, I've seen that every home game since I started following them. Been done to death.

Johnny Vegas 10-10-2012 01:04 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E8vmaj75xzE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pr_capone 10-10-2012 01:29 AM

updated OP

paypal is up to date, so is the donor list
moved financials and expenditures into the donor tab

if I have missed anyone on the donor list, please get in contact with me at saveourchiefs@cox.net

*edit

Holy Smokes...

Total Donations Received: $2,968.65 (pending Whitlock Check)

Almost $3k. People. I want you to understand this.

We have now raised enough money to have purchased 12 season tickets in the Coca-Cola seats.

ArthurJGuy 10-10-2012 02:10 AM

I'll be donating on Friday.

Caseyguyrr 10-10-2012 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8997750)
updated OP

paypal is up to date, so is the donor list
moved financials and expenditures into the donor tab

if I have missed anyone on the donor list, please get in contact with me at saveourchiefs@cox.net

*edit

Holy Smokes...

Total Donations Received: $2,968.65 (pending Whitlock Check)

Almost $3k. People. I want you to understand this.

We have now raised enough money to have purchased 12 season tickets in the Coca-Cola seats.

let me get my next paycheck in then i will donate

Tribal Warfare 10-10-2012 02:28 AM

SaveOurChiefs.com- Pioli lies and the fan base dies.

or

SaveOurChiefs.com- Pioli lies and the franchise dies.

mdchiefsfan 10-10-2012 03:15 AM

I haven't read all the way through this but what if the next banner was used to organize the mass tailgate idea? It would be risky, I guess, because it would have the most impact if everyone followed suit, but you have developed quite a following with STC. If even half of those followers attended the tailgate you would have a massive stance in this issue. 45,000 people tailgating and not in attendance, not to mention you organized it with your banner. That would be impressive.

TimeForWasp 10-10-2012 04:11 AM

You have to realize , many of the followers are not necessarily supporters, just people who want to see what's happening. We all do that with websites or following people just to get the information real time.

mdchiefsfan 10-10-2012 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Touchdown Kansas City !!! (Post 8997780)
You have to realize , many of the followers are not necessarily supporters, just people who want to see what's happening. We all do that with websites or following people just to get the information real time.

Yea, good point. I still think if you could feel comfortable with the turn out announcing your intentions a week early then following through could send a powerful message

stonedstooge 10-10-2012 04:48 AM

C'MON CLARK-FREE US FROM PIOLI

Bob Dole 10-10-2012 05:29 AM

Everyone should wear their Roman toga gear to the Oakland game.

mdchiefsfan 10-10-2012 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 8997816)
Everyone should wear their Roman toga gear to the Oakland game.

LMAO Toga tailgate!

TimeForWasp 10-10-2012 05:51 AM

Toga, Toga, Toga, Toga, Toga, Toga, Toga, Toga,

Mile High Mania 10-10-2012 06:16 AM

You need one of those signs that say "miss me yet" with Peterson.

InChiefsHeaven 10-10-2012 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 8997259)

That would be better handled by people bringing signs into the game or hanging big banners at the tailgate. I agree, not for the plane banner.

AussieChiefsFan 10-10-2012 06:19 AM

"Please Clark! Show us you care! - SaveOurChiefs.com" damn that's 44 letters though.

Maybe without the exclamation marks. Or the Hyphen or something.

InChiefsHeaven 10-10-2012 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 8997872)
"Please Clark! Show us you care! - SaveOurChiefs.com" damn that's 44 letters though.

Clark show you care! SaveOurChiefs.com

AussieChiefsFan 10-10-2012 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 8997884)

Yea something like that.

Fire Me Boy! 10-10-2012 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 8997884)

I'm still thinking Help us, Clark. You're our only hope.

AussieChiefsFan 10-10-2012 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 8997898)
I'm still thinking Help us, Clark. You're our only hope.

That sounds great too.

htismaqe 10-10-2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 8997872)

Take out the word "please".

We're not asking anymore. :D

Straight, No Chaser 10-10-2012 07:19 AM

Please leave "Clark" off the banner

Just because Clark has not or will not respond to this web site does not mean he's isn't working on change --and why should he announce any hint of response to the public, especially here?

For continuity's sake start off with the same We Deserve Better. Kind of simple but following that just put up the web site address for SaveOurChiefs.com

However, I would have to say after visiting there: Meh... so far. Hopefully it gets enhanced in the next week and a half.

Thanks For The Work You Are Doing!

Molitoth 10-10-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Can you break that down into how many extra milks we could purchase in an elementary school cafeteria?

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-10-2012 08:01 AM

How bout a little support now that Cassels out.

GO QUINN SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Might help the team rally around him .

Johnny Vegas 10-10-2012 08:09 AM

ABSENTEE OWNER : WE DESERVE BETTER

BossChief 10-10-2012 08:17 AM

TEAMS WITHOUT QUARTERBACKS FAIL

Or

TOM BRADY = PATRIOT WAY

frankotank 10-10-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 8997266)
Isn't a decent amount of the fan base in support of Winston? I just think our limited money would be better spent not being diverted. Even if the banner worked, we wouldn't be any closer to our goal of changing things.

yeah there's plenty of fans who think winston is right. they simply CANNOT understand that the injury cheers were from a minority of the 70K. exacerbated byt the fact that as soon as everyone realized he was hurt, most fans went into a respectful silence, making the cheering minority seem much worse than it really was.

I think it's a bad idea to give Wintson any attention at all from CP. he's wrong, but he meant well towards his QB. his mouth got ahead of his brain though.
I played....sometimes a teammate would do something just WRONG, and as soon as a fight starts you run over there and defend the prick! it's what teammates do.

Reerun_KC 10-10-2012 08:23 AM

WE CARE CLARK DONT YOU? SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

frankotank 10-10-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8997293)

shit...LMAO

RockChalk 10-10-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8998102)

TOM BRADY = PATRIOT WAY

I think there are more creative suggestions out there, but this would surely get us even more national attention. ESPN, and East Coast media in general, love themselves some Tom Brady, so I think a banner like this would get some play on major sports"news" programs.

Again, I think we have a better message to put out than that. But the banner above, along with SaveOurChiefs.com would get some national run

frankotank 10-10-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8997524)
PIOLI'S MOM'S A WHORE - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

unlike the MAJORITY of suggestions....this one IS 42 characters or less! :thumb:

dtebbe 10-10-2012 08:38 AM

I think it would be great to bring in one of those giant jumbotrons that go on the back of a truck, and park it at a prime tailgate spot. When the game starts put the game on the jumbotron and encourage everyone to stay in the parking lot and watch.... Empty seats and a crowd of fans watching TV in the parking lot.. talk about national media coverage....

And for a banner:
tone=joking SAVE OUR CHIEFS: STAY DOWN BITCH! /tone

loochy 10-10-2012 08:46 AM

Help us Brady Won Kenobi! You're our only hope!

Frosty 10-10-2012 08:47 AM

NO MORE PATRIOTS WAY - saveourchiefs.com

35 characters, if spaces don't count

stanleychief 10-10-2012 08:55 AM

How about something positive like:

HEY ERIC- BREAK A LEG!

soopamanluva 10-10-2012 09:28 AM

Parkins suggested
"We don't cheer injury, we cheer change!"

Cwebb44 10-10-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cwebb44 (Post 8995780)
I don't know how much effort take or if it would even work but how about a 1st quarter boycott of the raiders game. This would send a louder message than money could buy. It shows fans are so pissed that we won't even watch this team against our most hated rivals. Get something up on save our chiefs and possibly with a sign up sheet. That way fans know others are committed to the cause also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8996253)
usually the first quarter (eh...maybe the first few minutes actually) is the only time during the game we actually think we could win. the only time where you have a chance to feel a little...gulp....hope. walking in after the first quarter (eh...maybe the first few minutes actually) means walking into a game where most likely....hope has been dashed upon the jagged rocks of the shattered patriot way. you'd take away the best part of the game for me...the part BEFORE I'm reminded AGAIN just how horrible we are.

I understand where you are coming from but as long as fans are sitting in the seats nothing is going to change. This fan base is being bashed all over national media for what a very, very, small portion of the fans attending the game did. The organization has had, going on 4 days now, a chance to stand up for us and give us some respect back, but they haven't. I think the banner flying around is good but it's time to take this to the next level. If enough season ticket holders can get on board with this, myself included, it could be huge.

ILChief 10-10-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soopamanluva (Post 8998264)
Parkins suggested

I saw this. Great idea

frankotank 10-10-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soopamanluva (Post 8998264)
Parkins suggested

I REALLY like this....but cut down as much as it can be it is still 40 characters long.

We dont cheer injury we cheer change

some really cool suggestions in here that are worthless. remember it's gotta be 42 characters or less and this must include saveourchiefs.com which takes up 18 characters (this includes a space to separate).

42 - 18 = 24

if your suggestion is over 24 characters...it doesn't work!

Molitoth 10-10-2012 09:44 AM

WE CHEER CHANGE, NOT INJURY - saveourchiefs.com

That fits.

Incredible Edibles 10-10-2012 09:44 AM

NO LONGER PROUD TO WEAR RED - saveourchiefs.com

cyborgtable 10-10-2012 09:46 AM

Fan of we cheer change, not injury

InChiefsHeaven 10-10-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8998295)

That fits.

Winnah!

frankotank 10-10-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 8998295)

That fits.

thats 47 characters
even the following is 44....

WE CHEER CHANGE NOT INJURY SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

frankotank 10-10-2012 09:52 AM

this is so friggin tough trying to say something meaningful in such limited space.
I really like the cheer change thing, but soooo many people are gonna be all....bullshit!
we won't be able to all agree or please everybody though, so oh well.

I do like the message though. we need it to fit though...and so far it doesn't