ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Gabby Petito (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=339883)

TLO 09-21-2021 02:53 PM

He's on the case

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NjD6vfG2MjM" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KCUnited 09-21-2021 02:56 PM

Full (police) body cam video

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fCGsW41aQEw" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Abba-Dabba 09-21-2021 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 15847545)

The Laundrie family has said they hadn't seen their son in a full week, since they told officers he want to Florida's sprawling Carlton Reserve, a 25,000-acre park

Sounds like a good place as any for someone to pop one in their brain pan only to be eaten by gators and never found.

or mommy and daddy better hope they didn't help him run.

Mennonite 09-21-2021 03:02 PM

Who gives a shit? Just the latest in an endless series of semiannual "ZOMG - a white girl is missing!" media frenzies.

Gary Cooper 09-21-2021 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 15847548)
What the hell is going on with this story?

Hot blonde with nice legs gets killed.

It's a tragic, horrible story, but there's nothing about the facts which stands out from other similar stories. This kind of crime happens too often sadly. The physical appearance of the victim is what's driving the coverage. There have been many such crimes since she was killed. You're just not seeing them on national news.

Beef Supreme 09-21-2021 03:06 PM

This girl lived close to you?

Mennonite 09-21-2021 03:06 PM

Sorry, but it's been done to death. What we need is a good old fashioned "toddler stuck in an abandoned well" story. Get back to the classics.

KCUnited 09-21-2021 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 15847554)
I watched a shorter version of that. She seems pretty nuts.

Agreed. That first 5 minutes hasn't provided my proudest faps.

TLO 09-21-2021 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Supreme (Post 15847569)
This girl lived close to you?

I tried to make it go in that thread. The fish weren't biting.

hometeam 09-21-2021 03:08 PM

I mean dude 95% chance killed her. One day we will find out exactly what mom and dad knew and when.

My feeling is we will never see dude again, but hopefully they find his lil ass if he didnt off himself in the swamp or die trying to sail or something

BleedingRed 09-21-2021 03:08 PM

He killed her, but what about the Lesbian couple.. They found them shot in the head in the same park.

hometeam 09-21-2021 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 15847579)
He killed her, but what about the Lesbian couple.. They found them shot in the head in the same park.

Another mystery. Maybe they where arguing because he killed them and she knew~

Its certainly good brain exercise to 'what if'

Mennonite 09-21-2021 03:11 PM

”And...what about Naomi?“

TribalElder 09-21-2021 03:11 PM

crazy how some RV dash cam found her

BleedingRed 09-21-2021 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 15847584)

The chances of two murderers being at the same camp in my mind can't be that high.

loochy 09-21-2021 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 15847548)
What the hell is going on with this story?

Media only cares because pretty white girl

TLO 09-21-2021 03:19 PM

I feel icky. I deleted all my posts and am going to take a shower.

BleedingRed 09-21-2021 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 15847605)

Well,

that and White Gay Tiger Owning Men from Oklahoma

DJ's left nut 09-21-2021 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 15847559)
or mommy and daddy better hope they didn't help him run.

If my boy ever comes home with his girlfriend's car and no girlfriend, I'm telling him to shut the **** up, tell me nothing and go get himself an attorney.

"Son - I don't wanna have to turn you in but I'm not going to go to jail for you either. So shut your mouth, lawyer up and I'll be here for emotional support..."

DJ's left nut 09-21-2021 03:21 PM

Quote:

Eh - the media didn't care until the internet did.

And the internet only cared because she was internet famous. Had a hundred thousand followers on her video blog thing and evidently a million fans on some social media site.

Internet famous is almost regular famous these days and when the interwebs got ahold of it, it caught fire.

TLO 09-21-2021 03:21 PM

Anyone want to turn this thread into a discussion about cream soda?

Mecca 09-21-2021 03:21 PM

It must suck to get killed by laundry.

siberian khatru 09-21-2021 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15847623)

It will all get ironed out in the end.

TLO 09-21-2021 03:22 PM

I really like blue cream soda.

BleedingRed 09-21-2021 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15847623)

All I can think about is Javis going down first snap this last week. Really could have used his points on my FF team.

EPodolak 09-21-2021 03:25 PM

Sad messed up story.

The cop sounds like Jim Gaffigan.

TLO 09-21-2021 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EPodolak (Post 15847635)
The cop sounds like Jim Gaffigan.

Do you think he enjoys an ice cold Cream Soda?

TLO 09-21-2021 03:28 PM

Why do they call it "cream" soda anyway?

BleedingRed 09-21-2021 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 15847645)
Why do they call it "cream" soda anyway?

https://i.imgur.com/BwzmewF.gif

Deberg_1990 09-21-2021 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15847615)
If my boy ever comes home with his girlfriend's car and no girlfriend, I'm telling him to shut the **** up, tell me nothing and go get himself an attorney.

"Son - I don't wanna have to turn you in but I'm not going to go to jail for you either. So shut your mouth, lawyer up and I'll be here for emotional support..."

Might have been what he did. As soon as he came home, he hired an attorney who told him to shut up and don’t say a word. Smart.

KCUnited 09-21-2021 03:33 PM

Decent chance Tide Pods were involved

BleedingRed 09-21-2021 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15847650)
Might have been what he did. As soon as he came home, he hired an attorney who told him to shut up and don’t say a word. Smart.

Also Lawyer

"I'd go to Cuba because you are ****ed"

Deberg_1990 09-21-2021 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 15847659)
Also Lawyer

"I'd go to Cuba because you are ****ed"

It’s obvious he killed her or was involved. But can they prove that in a court of law?

Hydrae 09-21-2021 03:39 PM

They obviously witnessed the murder of the other two. She was taken out pretty quickly, he got away for a short while but "they" caught up with him. He is in a shallow grave somewhere.

:)

TLO 09-21-2021 03:40 PM

She died from drinking too much cream soda

BleedingRed 09-21-2021 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15847666)
It’s obvious he killed her or was involved. But can they prove that in a court of law?

Proving something in court lolz its about the feelz now, and the internet know he done did it. He is ****ed with any jury...

Dante84 09-21-2021 03:52 PM

Here's what I'm thinking happened:

- He kills her, drives back home, doesn't tell her family, but does tell his family.
- Lawyer hired, told him and family not to say shit.
- Her family calls to say she's missing.
- He and family decline to assist police or say anything, per legal advice.
- He and family devise a plan to say that he "went to a national park" on Tuesday, not tell anyone unless police ask.
- He really goes to Mexico or something, with no phone or anything that can help him be tracked.
- Family drives car up to national park on Wednesday. Comes home.
- Police ask family on Friday where he is, family says he "told us he went to a national park on Tuesday. We took a car up to the park for him to get home and left it there on Wednesday. Haven't heard from him."
- Police search national park, don't find him (because its a wild goose chase).
- Police find her body in Wyoming.
- Police/FBI raid his family home and search for signs of obstruction of justice.

annnd that's where we are to date.

Mecca 09-21-2021 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 15847673)
She died from drinking too much cream soda

Is this code for death by bukkake?

Rainbarrel 09-21-2021 04:02 PM

He seems to be a dick, probably used a USB cord.

Hamwallet 09-21-2021 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 15847695)
Here's what I'm thinking happened:

- He kills her, drives back home, doesn't tell her family, but does tell his family.
- Lawyer hired, told him and family not to say shit.
- Her family calls to say she's missing.
- He and family decline to assist police or say anything, per legal advice.
- He and family devise a plan to say that he "went to a national park" on Tuesday, not tell anyone unless police ask.
- He really goes to Mexico or something, with no phone or anything that can help him be tracked.
- Family drives car up to national park on Wednesday. Comes home.
- Police ask family on Friday where he is, family says he "told us he went to a national park on Tuesday. We took a car up to the park for him to get home and left it there on Wednesday. Haven't heard from him."
- Police search national park, don't find him (because its a wild goose chase).
- Police find her body in Wyoming.
- Police/FBI raid his family home and search for signs of obstruction of justice.

annnd that's where we are to date.

I think you nailed it! Parents are trash if this is the case. Deport them to Afghanistan.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-21-2021 05:01 PM

"Looks suspiciously at TLOs other thread"

Easy 6 09-21-2021 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 15847584)

Been trying to avoid getting wrapped up in this, yet you can hardly avoid it in the media lately

But damn, you may WELL be onto something with that theory…

ghak99 09-21-2021 05:10 PM

Do we know how she actually died yet?

I'm bored as **** and the internet says I should care about this person. I've already wasted an hour of my audio life learning she was emotionally unstable, which has me leaning toward him throwing her off a cliff after listening to it for hours on end.

Spott 09-21-2021 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 15847780)
Do we know how she actually died yet?

I'm bored as **** and the internet says I should care about this person. I've already wasted an hour of my audio life learning she was emotionally unstable, which has me leaning toward him throwing her off a cliff after listening to it for hours on end.

Yes, they confirmed that the body found in Wyoming was her today. It’s been ruled a homicide but they haven’t specified what the actual cause of death was yet.

Sassy Squatch 09-21-2021 05:23 PM

But why did Laundry kill Potato?

Hamwallet 09-21-2021 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 15847789)
Yes, they confirmed that the body found in Wyoming was her today. It’s been ruled a homicide but they haven’t specified what the actual cause of death was yet.

Instagram/TikTok I’m gonna be rich is probably the case. Picked a lunatic that had family money to do the adventures with.

srvy 09-21-2021 05:34 PM

Did those officers ever search the van? I didn't see it but cam paused quite a few times. They had cause since they were slap fighting down the highway. They just released them not knowing there was a gun in Van he may have later killed her with.

Or how bout officer friendly? He had a wife with the same problems beating him down for 5.5 years. Maybe he followed them out of town put them both out of their misery but the lesbos saw it too. He blew them away and will get off scott free.

TLO 09-21-2021 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 15847811)

Or how bout officer friendly? He had a wife with the same problems beating him down for 5.5 years. Maybe he followed them out of town put them both out of their misery but the lesbos saw it too. He blew them away and will get off scott free.

Seems... Unlikely

Mennonite 09-21-2021 06:10 PM

https://i.imgur.com/Qv69zPb.jpg

dlphg9 09-21-2021 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15847621)

And the internet only cared because she was internet famous. Had a hundred thousand followers on her video blog thing and evidently a million fans on some social media site.

Internet famous is almost regular famous these days and when the interwebs got ahold of it, it caught fire.

Ive seen alot of people saying the parents should have turned him and that they are shit for keeping quiet, but it's easy to say what you'd do from the outside looking in. If you've never been in that situation, then its hard to say how'd you would react, but I think most people would deal with it the way you would or even actually help him get away (which is what I think his parents did).

Im fairly confident that he never went hiking and it was some ploy to buy him more time. It took them several days to notify police he was gone and they went and picked his car up and brought it home? That literally makes no sense. Hell I could see him leaving before Tuesday even. Those cops in FL botched this by letting him get away and acting like there hands were tied because they weren't sure if a crime was even committed. Like wtf?

dlphg9 09-21-2021 06:21 PM

Maybe BL's dad went out west, killed them both and drove van home. Got a lawyer for his "kid" to buy some time and then drove the Mustang to that reserve hoping someone would report it and after a few days of that not happening they bring the car home. The car at the nature reserve thing makes no sense and them bringing it back without there kid in it, like hahahaha you gotta walk back now. Also protesters and media at the house and not one of them saw Brian leave in his Mustang to go on a hike. I'm super skeptical.

srvy 09-21-2021 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 15847833)
Seems... Unlikely

Yep

Red Dawg 09-21-2021 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 15847833)
Seems... Unlikely

No it isn't. Casey Anthony did.

Red Dawg 09-21-2021 06:29 PM

Quote:

So?

InChiefsHeaven 09-21-2021 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 15847846)
Ive seen alot of people saying the parents should have turned him and that they are shit for keeping quiet, but it's easy to say what you'd do from the outside looking in. If you've never been in that situation, then its hard to say how'd you would react, but I think most people would deal with it the way you would or even actually help him get away (which is what I think his parents did).

Im fairly confident that he never went hiking and it was some ploy to buy him more time. It took them several days to notify police he was gone and they went and picked his car up and brought it home? That literally makes no sense. Hell I could see him leaving before Tuesday even. Those cops in FL botched this by letting him get away and acting like there hands were tied because they weren't sure if a crime was even committed. Like wtf?

I don't know what they were supposed to do though. No crime HAD been committed at the time. But him not talking and lawyering up (I didn't know he did that) means they had to be careful. Sounds like he played the system long enough to disappear.

InChiefsHeaven 09-21-2021 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 15847847)
Maybe BL's dad went out west, killed them both and drove van home. Got a lawyer for his "kid" to buy some time and then drove the Mustang to that reserve hoping someone would report it and after a few days of that not happening they bring the car home. The car at the nature reserve thing makes no sense and them bringing it back without there kid in it, like hahahaha you gotta walk back now. Also protesters and media at the house and not one of them saw Brian leave in his Mustang to go on a hike. I'm super skeptical.

Wait, I thought he DID come home but didn't talk, then went missing a few days later...

lcarus 09-21-2021 06:36 PM

Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie? I guess the crazy sim world we're living in isn't even trying with the names anymore.

InChiefsHeaven 09-21-2021 06:36 PM

Quote:

Possibly, but it's also intriguing because of the circumstances. It's the kind of shit that fascinates people because well to do white people aren't supposed to die like that (though they do all the time).

I don't know the details, and I'm not really following it, so I could be talking out my ass as well.

Eureka 09-21-2021 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 15847590)
crazy how some RV dash cam found her

What?

Baby Lee 09-21-2021 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eureka (Post 15847865)
What?

Not her, but the approximate location was identified when someone was reviewing their dashcam and noticed that they had passed a van that looked that the one she was driving around, parked on the shoulder on some park road.

backinblack 09-21-2021 06:42 PM

this case is tailor made for a Dateline NBC episode next fall, it's got everything. And it's not even finished.

FAX 09-21-2021 06:58 PM

So far, this is a win for Internet Sleuthing.

Reminiscent of the Tyreek case.

FAX

dlphg9 09-21-2021 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven (Post 15847862)
Wait, I thought he DID come home but didn't talk, then went missing a few days later...

I mean he supposedly did, but no one has talked to him and I heard that his dad got him the lawyer. I wonder if the lawyer has even talked to Brian.

WhawhaWhat 09-21-2021 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15847867)
Not her, but the approximate location was identified when someone was reviewing their dashcam and noticed that they had passed a van that looked that the one she was driving around, parked on the shoulder on some park road.

It was another Youtuber that just happened to be in the park at the same time and drove by the van they were in. Then they later noticed it on the video when they were editing.

The really creepy part is that you can see one of Gabby's flip flops and her cell phone on the ground behind the van.

PunkinDrublic 09-21-2021 07:50 PM

Quote:

To my knowledge this is the first murder case involving a well known YouTube star. The fact that it’s a first makes it more interesting.

MAG 09-21-2021 07:56 PM

So what's the deal, did he off himself or is he on the run?

Sassy Squatch 09-21-2021 07:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
In the footage of the van that the FBI used to find the body you can see what's presumably her flip flop and cell phone on the ground.

Sassy Squatch 09-21-2021 08:11 PM

The last couple of texts from Gabby's phone to her mother were pretty suspicious as well.

"In those conversations, there "appeared to be more and more tension between her and Laundrie," the affidavit reads. On August 27, Petito's mother received one last communication from her daughter, which she called an "odd text," the affidavit says.
The message read: "Can you help Stan, I just keep getting his voicemails and missed calls." Because the text message referred to Petito's grandfather as Stan, her mother was concerned that something was wrong, the warrant states.
Following that text message, Petito's phone was no longer operational and she stopped posting anything on social media about their trip, the warrant says.

Flying High D 09-21-2021 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15847908)
In the footage of the van that the FBI used to find the body you can see what's presumably her flip flop and cell phone on the ground.

Also, in the footage you can see a guy in the woods digging a hole.

Flying High D 09-21-2021 09:25 PM

The police should of rammed a ankle monitor or a tracker up his ass. They would be able to find him then. They could used, “just taking your temperature for Covid excuse.”

Sassy Squatch 09-21-2021 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High D (Post 15848015)
Also, in the footage you can see a guy in the woods digging a hole.

Nah. He's in the van when they pass by. The back door is cracked slightly as the van comes into frame then you can see it close.

carlos3652 09-21-2021 09:34 PM

Ive been following this... CRAZY stuff.

The lesbian couple who were killed, while they have said its not linked... might be. They work at the Grocery Store that basically called 911 that stopped Brian and Gabby. The 911 call also stated that Brian was hitting her, and in the bodycam footage, she said she hit him...

Also, you can tell the dashcam that found the vehicle in the camping ground (that basically broke the case into where her body was later found) was edited to not show someone was in the vehicle... in slow motion and high res, you can see someone closing the door and getting into the back of the vehicle (as well as footage edited to not show something, skipping a few seconds)

I want to believe desperately that he did not do it, and he is in hiding hoping that they could figure it out without him but most of the signs point to him.

The fact that he was picked up by a tik tocker as an alabi hiking on the 29th could leave reasonable doubt that he left her alone and something happened to her while he was camping without her.

I just feel terrible for everyone involved. Ruined lives.

SupDock 09-21-2021 09:47 PM

Quote:

From my understand, she had very few followers until she went missing and the internet caught on. She was not really famous before.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/jezebel...1847690213/amp

1000 followers before she went missing.

Flying High D 09-22-2021 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupDock (Post 15848060)
From my understand, she had very few followers until she went missing and the internet caught on. She was not really famous before.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/jezebel...1847690213/amp

1000 followers before she went missing.

No wonder she was stressed about getting her blog rolling. Who finances these travels? Maybe if he had a job and worked he wouldn’t have so much energy to beat her up and kill her.

prhom 09-22-2021 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High D (Post 15848023)
The police should of rammed a ankle monitor or a tracker up his ass. They would be able to find him then. They could used, “just taking your temperature for Covid excuse.”

No need for all of that. This should be easy if he got his COVID vaccine. They can just activate the microchip tracking and find him with the 5g towers. Obviously they can’t make it look too easy though, or everyone will know that’s how they found him so quickly.

Flying High D 09-22-2021 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prhom (Post 15848319)
No need for all of that. This should be easy if he got his COVID vaccine. They can just activate the microchip tracking and find him with the 5g towers. Obviously they can’t make it look too easy though, or everyone will know that’s how they found him so quickly.

That kind of takes all the fun out of it.

Spott 09-22-2021 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High D (Post 15848290)
No wonder she was stressed about getting her blog rolling. Who finances these travels? Maybe if he had a job and worked he wouldn’t have so much energy to beat her up and kill her.

I’m guessing at least one of their parents was funding this trip. It’s hard to imagine two people in their early 20’s being able to afford a two month cross country tour of the US.

Deberg_1990 09-22-2021 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 15848356)
I’m guessing at least one of their parents was funding this trip. It’s hard to imagine two people in their early 20’s being able to afford a two month cross country tour of the US.

Brian Laundrie was 23 and had no job??

KCUnited 09-22-2021 07:56 AM

On this episode of HGTV's House Hunters:

She's a 22 year old travel blogger and he's a 23 year old unemployed murderer.

They have a 1.3 million dollar budget.

Flying High D 09-22-2021 08:00 AM

There was a book he was reading in the van, “How to be a serial killer.”