ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I think it's gonna be Barkley. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266588)

KC_Lee 11-13-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9116109)
Barkley has had some bad games this year, for sure. If he had come out last year, he'd have definitely been the 3rd QB in the Top Ten, if not the Top Five.

Word on the street here is that Lane Kiffin is a goner. Pat Haden and USC believe that Barkley has regressed and not improved this year and to them, the blame lies with Lane Kiffin. Their defense is absolutely loaded with talent but they're playing an antiquated scheme.

The bottom line is that Barkley is a mature young man with four years as a starting QB at a Top 25 school. He has all of the immeasurables you'd want in a QB including strong leadership and great character (in addition to respect of his teammates) and he's not lacking in any measurables. Sure, more arm strength would be nice but he's certainly not lacking in arm strength.

He'll need to go to a team willing to tailer a WCO offense around his skills and if so, should be a very good NFL QB. Unlike Sanchez and Leinart, Barkley LOVES football.

That said, I think it's silly to make any determination now. Wait until after bowl season, after the Combines and after a new GM and coaching staff is in place.

This, over and over.

Clean house, hire a new GM and coaching staff, let the HC & OC build the playbook, then and only then choose a QB in the 1st round.

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 9116085)
Also take a late round flyer on Jordan Rodgers from Vanderbilt.

He's an undrafted free agent unless a team with an extra 7th round pick wants him and see him as a long term developmental QB.

He has a long, long, long way to go before he's a NFL QB.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-13-2012 04:09 PM

Not wanting Barkley because he's another USC QB is as dumb as not wanting Rodgers cause he was a Tedford guy. Each prospect should be measured individually and by their own merits. Barkley would be a damn fine selection on draft day.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-13-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9115679)
Barkley isn't even good enough to have a great season with a team stacked with talent. I want a QB that makes a team better than it is.

They should just draft Steele JantzROFL

lcarus 11-13-2012 04:13 PM

Barkley, Geno, Tyler Wilson...just get me one of them and get rid of Cassel. I really like Geno the best though.

Buckweath 11-13-2012 04:19 PM

Good thing is the Chiefs are sure to get a chance to draft one of those three, unlike last year when I personnally think they would have picked Tannehill if available.

Nightfyre 11-13-2012 04:19 PM

One of my primary concerns with Barkley will be his ability to put zip on intermediate routes in the NFL. He doesn't have a particularly strong arm to begin with and he is short which will change the trajectory he needs to throw at.

BoneKrusher 11-13-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9116130)
Not wanting Barkley because he's another USC QB is as dumb as not wanting Rodgers cause he was a Tedford guy. Each prospect should be measured individually and by their own merits. Barkley would be a damn fine selection on draft day.

i know it does, it's just there's been too many QB bust from USC over the last 10 years.

xztop12 11-13-2012 04:41 PM

Barbecue for Barkley

DBOSHO 11-13-2012 04:42 PM

Speaking of tyler wilson, id love if we grabbed his wr along with him, cobi hamilton.

Hes about bowes size with probably a little more speed.

Get them two, a new right corner, and SS to move berry to free, and id consider this coming draft a home run.

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 9116161)
i know it does, it's just there's been too many QB bust from USC over the last 10 years.

Two? That means they all bust?

And last I checked, both guys are still in the NFL. They weren't JaMarcus Russell. It happens.

That's pretty weak logic.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-13-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9115581)
I agree.

I think Barkley will be a fine QB. Everytime CP wants to rip Barkley, i think back to the year Ryan was drafted. A lot of people were against drafting him for the same reasons they are against drafting Barkley.

Personally, I prefer Wilson, but i think Barkley is safer and Smith has the most talent.

Yep, that says "Chiefs"!

Boo.

Suck.

ChiefsCountry 11-13-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9116197)
Two? That means they all bust?

And last I checked, both guys are still in the NFL. They weren't JaMarcus Russell. It happens.

That's pretty weak logic.

Three and they are all still in the NFL.

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9116198)
Yep, that says "Chiefs"!

Boo.

Suck.

Barkley may be "safer" because he's a proven four year starter at one of the nation's best universities.

No first round pick is immune to being a bad pick in the NFL but going with the "safe bet" at quarterback isn't necessarily a "bad" thing.

Locker and Gabbert weren't safe bets and I wouldn't take either. It's pretty clear to me that Sarkissian, Locker's coach (and Leinart & Sanchez's coach) coached those guys up big time.

Barkley has succeeded despite being coached by Kiffin.

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9116202)
Three and they are all still in the NFL.

Three? Who I am forgetting, unless he's saying that Carson Palmer is a bust?

John David Booty was a 5th rounder. I don't think anyone expected greatness from him.