ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs WR Room for 2024 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=353227)

SHOWTIME 04-26-2024 05:23 AM

Chiefs WR Room for 2024

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">League ain’t ready �� <a href="https://t.co/tl7wL3ihwY">pic.twitter.com/tl7wL3ihwY</a></p>&mdash; KC Sports Network (@KCSportsNetwork) <a href="https://twitter.com/KCSportsNetwork/status/1783712646514217303?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 26, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Depth chart looks like this - who gets cut?:

-Hollywood Brown

-Xavier Worthy

-Rashee Rice (when he gets back from suspension)

-Kadarius Toney

-Skyy Moore

-Justyn Watson

-Justin Ross

-etc.

Cutting Watson post June 1 would save about $2.5M. Trading Toney may also save us $2.5.

KC_Lee 04-26-2024 05:39 AM

Smells like Ross to the IR again.

ChiefsFanatic 04-26-2024 05:44 AM

I cannot wait until 2YSky and the rapper are cut.

I will always be thankful for SB 57, but I cannot effing stand either of these players.

Mosbonian 04-26-2024 05:49 AM

Honestly Skyy Moore and Kadarius Toney should be the first to go...but they won't. Toney seems to be too flaky and Moore just seems to be someone who is overmatched for the NFL.

Not sure why anyone wants to get rid of Watson so easily...while not a top line receiver for some reason he has a pretty good rapport with Mahomes.

493rd 04-26-2024 06:02 AM

Skyy Moore could be the odd man OUT. But my gut tells me he gets another year. So that leaves Watson or Toney.

digger 04-26-2024 06:11 AM

These are your bottom three (to be cut or placed on PS):
We are not running with 6 WR this year.

-Kadarius Toney, likely our 5th option (unless one of the non-listed WR step up big)

-Skyy Moore, cut or PS

-Justin Ross, cut or PS (plays for first 2-4 games before hitting IR again)

RedinTexas 04-26-2024 06:17 AM

I could see Toney becoming a locker room cancer when he sees just how little playing time he's going to be getting.

Wisconsin_Chief 04-26-2024 06:20 AM

Would it be totally insane to take another WR in round two?

We all see the money WRs are getting. Zero chance Hollywood Brown is back here next year, dude is going to end up making $25 million a year minimum after what he does here this upcoming season. So take another guy and then in 2025 you have Rice, Worthy and the second rounder all on rookie deals for at least 2 more years. Then you’re set for a while.

I don’t know, doesn’t seem like a terrible idea to me. Thinking about what this offense might look like after drafting Worthy has me fantasizing about 2018 again. Load up and let Mahomes throw for 6000 yards instead of being a game manager. Watching those meltdowns on the sideline is not something I care to see again.

SHOWTIME 04-26-2024 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 17497135)

We all see the money WRs are getting. Zero chance Hollywood Brown is back here next year, dude is going to end up making $25 million a year minimum after what he does here this upcoming season. So take another guy and then in 2025 you have Rice, Worthy and the second rounder all on rookie deals for at least 2 more years. Then you’re set for a while.

I don’t know, doesn’t seem like a terrible idea to me. Thinking about what this offense might look like after drafting Worthy has me fantasizing about 2018 again. Load up and let Mahomes throw for 6000 yards instead of being a game manager. Watching those meltdowns on the sideline is not something I care to see again.

I view Worthy as Hollywood's replacement/insurance for 2025. They are essentially the same receiver, except one is a bit faster and younger.

CupidStunt 04-26-2024 06:26 AM

^ I could see it if we were like 95% of other teams and didn't have Kelce. He's literally WR1 quality, so we're talking about a WR5 in year one and still only WR4 in year two, and maybe WR3 by year three?

Man, if some perfect guy fell I'd still do it, but who could that even be? We've got the deep threat, the possession guy. Corley as a screen guy? I don't even know.

BigCatDaddy 04-26-2024 06:28 AM

Quote:

I wouldn't be surprised either. I think if there is value there in round 2 or 3 they pull the trigger. I'd rather to do that than take someone graded lower that plays DE..

Rausch 04-26-2024 06:31 AM

This ain't the guy I wanted but if it works out...holy shit, these WR's can FLY.
Even if he is a one dimensional deep threat like people fear you gotta' cover Hollywood AND the fastest guy to ever come through the combine.
Wow.
Buffalo just didn't want to hurt anymore. They just handed over their lunch money, got out of the way, and decided to eat packets of ketchup off in the corner...

Red Dawg 04-26-2024 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedinTexas (Post 17497133)
I could see Toney becoming a locker room cancer when he sees just how little playing time he's going to be getting.

He will start at least in the beginning

Rausch 04-26-2024 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHOWTIME (Post 17497137)
I view Worthy as Hollywood's replacement/insurance for 2025. They are essentially the same receiver, except one is a bit faster and younger.

And in the meantime you have two burners you can slap on the field together to scare the hell out of defenses. Both guys can run intermediate routes as well so they aren't limited like MVS was.
The speed we'll have on the field will be incredible. And we might not even be done yet....

Rainbarrel 04-26-2024 06:36 AM

Bills rule change: WRs suspensions should include playoff games

Chris Meck 04-26-2024 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 17497145)
This ain't the guy I wanted but if it works out...holy shit, these WR's can FLY.
Even if he is a one dimensional deep threat like people fear you gotta' cover Hollywood AND the fastest guy to ever come through the combine.
Wow.
Buffalo just didn't want to hurt anymore. They just handed over their lunch money, got out of the way, and decided to eat packets of ketchup off in the corner...

If you watch one Worthy reel you'll know this isn't the case.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-26-2024 07:02 AM

Don't forget Remiko ,he was showing up last preseason until he got hurt

Direckshun 04-26-2024 07:04 AM

I'm with Hog; I am a huge fan of Remigio and I think he's going to be Albert Wilson 2.0.

I think the Chiefs will select one more WR late in the draft.

Rice
Brown
Worthy
Watson
Moore
Remigio
some draft pick
Toney

TwistedChief 04-26-2024 07:25 AM

I actually kinda think Toney could pleasantly surprise in this offense. Worthy and Brown are gonna open up a lot more room and Toney is really dangerous in space given the way he moves. As a 5th option, pressure is off and I think the guy could do some real damage.

I'm really not a fan of lumping him and Moore together as I think he's at least shown some semblance of flash.

Rausch 04-26-2024 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 17497152)
If you watch one Worthy reel you'll know this isn't the case.

I don't think it is - it just seems to be the knee-jerk reaction of a lot of KC fans who want to say he's a faster Hardman or shorter MVS.

What I'm saying is even if that WAS correct this offense will be wide open now. You have to respect this level of speed...

BigBeauford 04-26-2024 07:37 AM

1. Brown
2. Rice
3. Worthy
4. Toney
5. Watson
6. Ross

Don't know about the financial implications but I don't think they need to carry more than 6, which leaves Moore as a camp cut IMO. Brings absolutely nothing.

SHOWTIME 04-26-2024 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 17497236)
I don't think it is - it just seems to be the knee-jerk reaction of a lot of KC fans who want to say he's a faster Hardman or shorter MVS.

What I'm saying is even if that WAS correct this offense will be wide open now. You have to respect this level of speed...

A few months ago Hardman catches the GW touchdown in the super bowl and everyone was mobbing him. Now he's unemployed. What a turn of events for him.

Titty Meat 04-26-2024 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 17497220)
I actually kinda think Toney could pleasantly surprise in this offense. Worthy and Brown are gonna open up a lot more room and Toney is really dangerous in space given the way he moves. As a 5th option, pressure is off and I think the guy could do some real damage.

I'm really not a fan of lumping him and Moore together as I think he's at least shown some semblance of flash.

I was thinking the exact same thing last night

Wisconsin_Chief 04-26-2024 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHOWTIME (Post 17497137)

That's kind of what I'm thinking as well, which is why I want another one in round two. :)

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-26-2024 07:41 AM

Still want Mecole back. he's just been part of our SB teams and ALWAYS shows up in critical moments.

Lzen 04-26-2024 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 17497113)
Honestly Skyy Moore and Kadarius Toney should be the first to go...but they won't. Toney seems to be too flaky and Moore just seems to be someone who is overmatched for the NFL.

Not sure why anyone wants to get rid of Watson so easily...while not a top line receiver for some reason he has a pretty good rapport with Mahomes.

While I agree with you, for the most part, what has Ross ever done other than be injured?

Lzen 04-26-2024 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 17497148)
And in the meantime you have two burners you can slap on the field together to scare the hell out of defenses. Both guys can run intermediate routes as well so they aren't limited like MVS was.
The speed we'll have on the field will be incredible. And we might not even be done yet....

How do they track the ball in the air? MVS seemed to be bad at that, especially on those medium to deep flag routes.

Wisconsin_Chief 04-26-2024 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupidStunt (Post 17497140)
^ I could see it if we were like 95% of other teams and didn't have Kelce. He's literally WR1 quality, so we're talking about a WR5 in year one and still only WR4 in year two, and maybe WR3 by year three?

Man, if some perfect guy fell I'd still do it, but who could that even be? We've got the deep threat, the possession guy. Corley as a screen guy? I don't even know.

I'm mostly thinking because of the looming Rice suspension, the fact that it's probably 95% that Hollywood is one and done, and of course injuries. You're likely not looking at a guy that will play right away, but the way Andy works in rookie WRs you basically have to take them a year ahead of when you are actually expecting them to be full time players. Aside from Rice which seems to be the anomaly, but hopefully is a sign that Andy is going to try harder to get the young guys on the field if they are the best option.

Pinchshot 04-26-2024 07:56 AM

Quote:

Nah they'll get a RB though.

SHOWTIME 04-26-2024 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 17497270)
I'm mostly thinking because of the looming Rice suspension, the fact that it's probably 95% that Hollywood is one and done, and of course injuries. You're likely not looking at a guy that will play right away, but the way Andy works in rookie WRs you basically have to take them a year ahead of when you are actually expecting them to be full time players. Aside from Rice which seems to be the anomaly, but hopefully is a sign that Andy is going to try harder to get the young guys on the field if they are the best option.

I'm sure Mahomes had a huge say in picking Worthy. He's going to make sure he gets his receptions.

FloridaMan88 04-26-2024 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 17497261)
Still want Mecole back. he's just been part of our SB teams and ALWAYS shows up in critical moments.

Hardman or maybe another veteran such as OBJ (IF he comes down from his ridiculous $$$ demand) if Rashee’s suspension is significant.

Wisconsin_Chief 04-26-2024 08:11 AM

Quote:

Yeah, **** me running but I'm just not ready to cast Toney aside yet. Dude is still extremely young and immature, not everyone grows up as fast as a guy like Mahomes. He's going into a contract year so if he was ever going to motivated, this would be the year. He's so goddamn explosive, I can guarantee Andy hasn't written him off yet, either. The guy can do things on the field I've honestly never seen with some of those cuts. It's absurd.

Just imagine if we can get just 2022 form out of him to along with all the additions? I mean, that's disgusting to think about.

Sofa King 04-26-2024 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 17497246)
1. Brown
2. Rice
3. Worthy
4. Toney
5. Watson
6. Ross

Don't know about the financial implications but I don't think they need to carry more than 6, which leaves Moore as a camp cut IMO. Brings absolutely nothing.

Ross definitely adds nothing. Totally useless and a waste of a roster spot. Hope we draft at least 1 more wr to take his spot.

Bearcat 04-26-2024 08:21 AM

https://i.imgur.com/WUlKxgi.jpg

smithandrew051 04-26-2024 08:26 AM

Quote:

Toney is dangerous in space, but I don’t trust him to not make the major negative plays (even on the easiest or most routine plays possible).

We’ve seen Andy scheme him wide open just for him to drop a pass in his hands or even pop the ball up for a pick on a couple occasions.

I’d love to see him turn it around, but he has to pull his head out of his ass. Maybe it’ll happen this year. Hope it does.

BigBeauford 04-26-2024 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 17497329)
Ross definitely adds nothing. Totally useless and a waste of a roster spot. Hope we draft at least 1 more wr to take his spot.

He offers physical attributes no one else on the roster has. I'm fine if the team ultimately moves on, but I really hope he can offer up value to the team.

ChiefsCountry 04-26-2024 08:33 AM

No aLpHa /MoronMagic

digger 04-26-2024 08:38 AM

https://c.tenor.com/hgPVWi_7Mx4AAAAd/tenor.gif

Rausch 04-26-2024 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 17497265)
How do they track the ball in the air? MVS seemed to be bad at that, especially on those medium to deep flag routes.

Worthy is EXCELLENT at tracking the deep ball. He has the occasional concentration drop like Rice/MVS but he's excellent at tracking the deep ball and positioning himself for the catch.

MahomesMagic 04-26-2024 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 17497356)
No aLpHa /MoronMagic

Our Alpha is a soon to be 35 year old TE drafted by the last gm. That’s fine but eventually we need to draft another.

Rausch 04-26-2024 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digger (Post 17497365)

"OK, ok....I proved I can be patient. Now gimme' my toys back...."

BigRedChief 04-26-2024 08:45 AM

Reid publicly saying that Toney is one of the most talented receivers in the league makes me think he's here all year. How much playing time will he get? Who knows?

MIAdragon 04-26-2024 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 17497261)

No.

Gary Cooper 04-26-2024 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 17497350)
He offers physical attributes no one else on the roster has. I'm fine if the team ultimately moves on, but I really hope he can offer up value to the team.

That makes sense if they actually used him. I don't know that a 6'4 WR has a place in Andy Reid's offense. Not unless he can do other things Reid likes. We don't throw many jump balls on red zone plays.

Chiefnj2 04-26-2024 08:48 AM

Has Toney ever been healthy for more than 4 games straight?

Gary Cooper 04-26-2024 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 17497246)
1. Brown
2. Rice
3. Worthy
4. Toney
5. Watson
6. Ross

Based on 2023, there's no reason Toney should be higher on the depth chart than Watson. Watson had a much more positive impact and made many clutch plays. If Toney didn't exist, we'd probably win two additional games in 2023.

Also, is Richie James officially not on the roster?

MMXcalibur 04-26-2024 08:51 AM

Absolutely crazy that we won a Super Bowl with a wide receiver room consisting of a rookie, a hit/miss deep-ball threat, and a few people plucked directly off the street.

BigBeauford 04-26-2024 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Cooper (Post 17497395)
Based on 2023, there's no reason Toney should be higher on the depth chart than Watson. Watson had a much more positive impact and made many clutch plays. If Toney didn't exist, we'd probably win two additional games in 2023.

Also, is Richie James officially not on the roster?

I knew I was forgetting someone lmao. I've only put Toney there based on Reid's comments alluding to him being a #1 talent.

Gary Cooper 04-26-2024 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 17497407)
I knew I was forgetting someone lmao. I've only put Toney there based on Reid's comments alluding to him being a #1 talent.

Don't blame you. I kept forgetting throughout the season that James or Ross were still on the team.

FloridaMan88 04-26-2024 08:53 AM

Imagine a line-up that includes the speed of Hollywood, Worthy and Toney… all on field during the same play… damn.

Yes that dream involves taking another leap of faith with Toney… but without the unrealistic expectations of him becoming a WR1 or WR2.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-26-2024 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17497370)
Our Alpha is a soon to be 35 year old TE drafted by the last gm. That’s fine but eventually we need to draft another.

Rashee Rice

MahomesMagic 04-26-2024 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17497418)
Rashee Rice

Maybe. He’s very good.

Needs to not be a knuckle head and I want to see development in the way he is used.

displacedinMN 04-26-2024 09:00 AM

There will be another WR out their either from the draft or released that will a big pick up for us.

LagunaSWana 04-26-2024 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 17497369)
Worthy is EXCELLENT at tracking the deep ball. He has the occasional concentration drop like Rice/MVS but he's excellent at tracking the deep ball and positioning himself for the catch.

Like a Bizarro Mecole Hardman?

tk13 04-26-2024 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMXcalibur (Post 17497404)
Absolutely crazy that we won a Super Bowl with a wide receiver room consisting of a rookie, a hit/miss deep-ball threat, and a few people plucked directly off the street.

We talked about this during the season but in some ways it's not. Tom Brady never won a Super Bowl with Randy Moss but he won 3 of them in the 2010s, and he had Edelman and Gronk but even Gronk didn't play full seasons for most of those teams. Otherwise it was guys like Brandon Lafell and Chris Hogan who were the WRs. Most people couldn't name the WRs on those teams.

Same way people are going to look back and realize Mahomes had the most explosive WR in the league but has already won more Super Bowls without him. Just how it goes. In our case it let Veach build a top 5 defense.

Sassy Squatch 04-26-2024 10:14 AM

Moore and Ross are the ones that are gone. I don't think I've seen anyone in the organization talk up Moore for a long long time now. Not the case with Toney. And Ross is just completely worthless. I've always been baffled at the love that dude gets.

chiefzilla1501 04-26-2024 10:23 AM

I am curious if remigio can make a move this offseason. I think there’s a place for what they want skyy Moore to do, but since he’s not very good he doesn’t do it well. At least on paper remigio seems to do everything skyy does with a lot more upside to do it better

Megatron96 04-26-2024 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17497618)
Moore and Ross are the ones that are gone. I don't think I've seen anyone in the organization talk up Moore for a long long time now. Not the case with Toney. And Ross is just completely worthless. I've always been baffled at the love that dude gets.

I think I agree about Ross. The few times he was n the field he was consistently unable to create any separation. I mean, maybe and that’s a big ?, he just needed another year to get 100% healthy and this season he’ll have more burst. But otherwise forget it, he’s not a NFL-caliber WR. Replace him asap. Don’t n ed to waste a spot on a WR that is only adequate in 1 or 2 situations.

Moore is just not a NFL WR. His only positive attribute is he’s cheap.

Mecca 04-26-2024 12:00 PM

The new kick return rule may save Kadarious Toney a roster spot.

Megatron96 04-26-2024 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17497853)

I think KT is safe regardless. I mean, if you have to keep one of KT/Moore/Ross, is there really any other choice?

Sassy Squatch 04-26-2024 12:11 PM

Yeah, there's literally no reason to get rid of Toney when both Moore and Ross are still rostered. Unlike the other 2, Toney has actually shown talent at this level.

Smed1065 04-26-2024 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 17497347)
Toney is dangerous in space, but I don’t trust him to not make the major negative plays (even on the easiest or most routine plays possible).

We’ve seen Andy scheme him wide open just for him to drop a pass in his hands or even pop the ball up for a pick on a couple occasions.

I’d love to see him turn it around, but he has to pull his head out of his ass. Maybe it’ll happen this year. Hope it does.

Yall know I am already crazy but I'll call it here. Moore is a slow learner I think in AR offense he just is not quick learner. Yeah yeah but I think he will do much better. Still not a #1 tho. Time to shit or get off the pot.

staylor26 04-26-2024 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17497853)

Not if the rugby guy has anything to say about it!

Womble 04-26-2024 01:00 PM

I love how in the presser Andy listed the WR room Worthy would be joining as "Hollywood and Rashee and Kelce...and the other fellas".

I wouldn't mind picking up a big WR on day 3 to do the role we hoped Justyn Ross could do. Or perhaps that's where our rugby lad figures eventually?

staylor26 04-26-2024 01:06 PM

I want Luke McCaffrey in round 4.

Mecca 04-26-2024 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17497618)

Ross had a massive game against Alabama for the National Title, it was like 7 years ago but everyone still remembers that.

New World Order 04-26-2024 01:12 PM

This is the best offense weve had on paper

Sofa King 04-26-2024 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17498045)
I want Luke McCaffrey in round 4.

Me too

Hoover 04-26-2024 02:20 PM

I don't understand some of you guy

Curious about Remigio... Still holding out hope for ****ing Ross... Absolutely done with Moore and Toney.

Now I get being down on those two after last season. Especially Toney, who lost his mind last season. But I still think both could develop.

Toney - If he doesn't figure it out this year, he's out of the league. And lets face it, we need a kick returner. I really don't want to see Worthy returning kicks. Kid has the raw talent and size, with his contract I think he's here all year providing he's healthy.

Moore - Personally I think he's kind of an idiot for wasting the opportunity he was provided last season with the Chiefs, however, I think we probably asked and expected too much form the kid. That's on Veach and the front office in my opinion. In this offense, with Kelce, Rice, and Worthy, I think Skyy can be used in a very effective way. Is he more of a role player at the point? Sure. But I still think he can find a lot of success on the field.

xztop123 04-26-2024 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 17498058)
This is the best offense weve had on paper

I don’t agree. Schwartz and fisher were bookend tackles

Second best and probably the fastest for sure.

843GTYellowJacket 04-26-2024 02:45 PM

Expect the offensive production to be at the 2018 level when Mahomes became the fulltime starter. All we need now is to bring back Kareem Hunt or draft that RB from FSU.

Couch-Potato 04-26-2024 03:55 PM

Grab 1 more!

MahomesMagic 04-26-2024 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 17498248)

Curious about Remigio... Still holding out hope for ****ing Ross... Absolutely done with Moore and Toney.

Now I get being down on those two after last season. Especially Toney, who lost his mind last season. But I still think both could develop.

Toney - If he doesn't figure it out this year, he's out of the league. And lets face it, we need a kick returner. I really don't want to see Worthy returning kicks. Kid has the raw talent and size, with his contract I think he's here all year providing he's healthy.

Moore - Personally I think he's kind of an idiot for wasting the opportunity he was provided last season with the Chiefs, however, I think we probably asked and expected too much form the kid. That's on Veach and the front office in my opinion. In this offense, with Kelce, Rice, and Worthy, I think Skyy can be used in a very effective way. Is he more of a role player at the point? Sure. But I still think he can find a lot of success on the field.

I would prefer we just take another WR rather than waiting on Skyy.

The NFL is a lot different than it was ten years ago. Guys that are good show stuff right away.

tyreekthefreak 04-26-2024 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 17498248)

Ross plays scared but who can blame him really. Tony and Moore can't catch and are fragile. Get rid of all three. Quit with the "projects" and get some people who can contribute, like Remingo!