ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid with 2nd Most Playoff Wins in NFL History (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352456)

SHOWTIME 02-22-2024 09:53 AM

Andy Reid with 2nd Most Playoff Wins in NFL History

Only 5 behind Belichick, who is currently unemployed and won't win a playoff game anytime soon.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Big Red now ranks 2nd in NFL history for total playoff wins among head coaches‼️ <a href="https://t.co/TR7Bgn6whO">pic.twitter.com/TR7Bgn6whO</a></p>&mdash; Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1760684560499769392?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 22, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RaidersOftheCellar 02-22-2024 09:55 AM

Didn't realize he was within 5. He's definitely not hanging it up til he has that record.

chiefzilla1501 02-22-2024 10:14 AM

Once he gets the record this may be untouchable for a very long time.

The only ones with a shot are shanahan and mcvay. Not so sure mcvay will put all the years in. And both guys need to be absolutely dominant for a few decades to even have a shot

New World Order 02-22-2024 10:43 AM

Belichick is a fraud

FloridaMan88 02-22-2024 12:13 PM

Still amazing that some dumbshits were against hiring Andy…

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GG8tcNAa...jpg&name=large

notorious 02-22-2024 12:14 PM

Receipts just keep being dealt. Gotta love it!

ThaVirus 02-22-2024 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17413657)

I don’t think that’s crazy. Andy had a rep for being a huge playoff choker prior to hooking up with Mahomes and he’d just come off a Belichickesque crash and burn year in Philly.

ThaVirus 02-22-2024 12:22 PM

Also, that is insane. I had no idea Reid was so close. These last two Super Bowl did wonders for his legacy in the long run: 7 playoff wins combined. Took him from #3 to striking distance of #1.

Even if we only average 1.5 playoff wins per season, he could take the top spot in four years. If he can keep up the Mahomes average of 2.5 playoff wins per season, he could tie it up in two years.

Something else that stands out, Reid is 70 regular season wins behind Shula but 7 postseason wins ahead.

This run with Mahomes has been dynamite.

wazu 02-22-2024 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17413674)
Also, that is insane. I had no idea Reid was so close. These last two Super Bowl did wonders for his legacy in the long run: 7 playoff wins combined. Took him from #3 to striking distance of #1.

Even if we only average 1.5 playoff wins per season, he could take the top spot in four years. If he can keep up the Mahomes average of 2.5 playoff wins per season, he could tie it up in two years.

Something else that stands out, Reid is 70 regular season wins behind Shula but 7 postseason wins ahead.

This run with Mahomes has been dynamite.

What's somehow even more crazy to me is what this team has done for the Chiefs overall legacy. They have completely turned around a really sad playoff history.

Right now the Chiefs are 24-21 all time in the playoffs. Before Mahomes became the starterr they were 9-18.

ThaVirus 02-22-2024 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 17413678)
What's somehow even more crazy to me is what this team has done for the Chiefs overall legacy. They have completely turned around a really sad playoff history.

Right now the Chiefs are 24-21 all time in the playoffs. Before Mahomes became the starterr they were 9-18.

Oh, man, it is crazy.

I’m not going to go back and look, but I want to say that we were around the middle of the pack in regular season win percentage prior to Mahomes. A CPer posted that we’re like #6 or #7 now after updating.

We had 8 AFC West titles before Mahomes compared to 15 for the Broncos, Raiders and Chargers each. Now we’ve got 16, the rest still have 15 ROFL

We had one Super Bowl win. Now we’ve got four, which is more than anyone in our division (Raiders and Broncos have three a piece, Chargers have zero lol)

All in just six short years.

RunKC 02-22-2024 12:39 PM

He's also only 71 wins from most wins all time by a HC. That's why the retirement rumors were always dumb.

Andy is 3 years at most from the playoff record and 7 seasons at his current streak.

He's going for it and he's got the best QB ever

ThyKingdomCome15 02-22-2024 12:46 PM

We'll have Andy for a couple more years. Yay!

Bl00dyBizkitz 02-22-2024 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17413663)
I don’t think that’s crazy. Andy had a rep for being a huge playoff choker prior to hooking up with Mahomes and he’d just come off a Belichickesque crash and burn year in Philly.

Pre-Mahomes, this board constantly debated whether Reid should be fired/if he was any good. A bunch of people hated the hire and had an axe to grind, especially after some embarrassing playoff losses.

A HOF caliber coach can only get you so far if you have a mid tier QB in Alex Smith.

Honestly, some people (Wallcrawler) STILL refuse to give Andy the benefit of the doubt even after a couple SB wins.

FloridaMan88 02-22-2024 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 17413719)
We'll have Andy for a couple more years. Yay!

I don’t think Andy is as close to retirement as some people in the media are suggesting he is… he could easily coach another 5+ years.

“Older coaches are tired of the grind and are retiring” is a college football narrative… and is not applicable to the NFL.

Belichick and Pete Carroll want to keep coaching… they were both forced out.

RedinTexas 02-22-2024 01:19 PM

With the back-to-back titles we're also sitting at 7 consecutive playoff wins. The record is 10.

ThaVirus 02-22-2024 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedinTexas (Post 17413764)
With the back-to-back titles we're also sitting at 7 consecutive playoff wins. The record is 10.

How did that happen without a threepeat?

Or is that the early 2000s Patriots where they missed the playoffs entirely one year, thereby preserving their “streak”? Put an asterisk next to that one too.

RedinTexas 02-22-2024 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17413768)
How did that happen without a threepeat?

Or is that the early 2000s Patriots where they missed the playoffs entirely one year, thereby preserving their “streak”? Put an asterisk next to that one too.

Yep, that was it. It was 3 SB wins and then 1 win in the playoffs before they lost.

New World Order 02-22-2024 01:33 PM

Andy deserves all of the accolades. He's had success with 2 different franchises with a bunch of different qbs.

Belichick is a fruad who couldn't cut it without Brady. He is a grump who would get Tom Brady coffee every morning.

The only coach I would put above Andy Reid is Bill Walsh and that's because Walsh designed the offense that we use today.

R Clark 02-22-2024 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 17413772)
Andy deserves all of the accolades. He's had success with 2 different franchises with a bunch of different qbs.

Belichick is a fruad who couldn't cut it without Brady. He is a grump who would get Tom Brady coffee every morning.

The only coach I would put above Andy Reid is Bill Walsh and that's because Walsh designed the offense that we use today.

Walsh didn’t design it , I can’t recall off hand who he copied and put his brand on it but he didn’t design it

New World Order 02-22-2024 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R Clark (Post 17413775)
Walsh didn’t design it , I can’t recall off hand who he copied and put his brand on it but he didn’t design it

Eh, Reid was a disciple of Holmgren who came from SF.

I'm still putting Walsh as number 1. Reid is absolutely number 2.

ThaVirus 02-22-2024 01:44 PM

How do we feel about Joe Gibbs? Dude won three Super Bowls with three different starting QBs.

FloridaMan88 02-22-2024 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17413778)
How do we feel about Joe Gibbs? Dude won three Super Bowls with three different starting QBs.

He’s a textbook example for why you don’t return to a shitshow situation after you are already in the HOF and your legacy is secured.

Pitt Gorilla 02-22-2024 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17413657)

If other things didn't already ruin his career/credibility, this probably should have. It reminds me of the poster here who tried to convince everyone that Andy is a bad coach, even after winning the Super Bowl. People are idiots.

Pitt Gorilla 02-22-2024 02:15 PM

Quote:

Walsh ran the **** out of split backs without running an option offense, which always seemed pretty ****ing stupid. He innovated a TON and was certainly brilliant, but that NEVER made sense.

Balto 02-22-2024 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17413710)
He's also only 71 wins from most wins all time by a HC. That's why the retirement rumors were always dumb.

Andy is 3 years at most from the playoff record and 7 seasons at his current streak.

Most look at total wins and is why you have heard so much about Belichick only being 15 wins away.

Reid only needs 64 wins to be the all time holder.

Thats 5 year...6 max. I agree that he will stay and try for this.

Pepe Silvia 02-22-2024 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 17413809)
If other things didn't already ruin his career/credibility, this probably should have. It reminds me of the poster here who tried to convince everyone that Andy is a bad coach, even after winning the Super Bowl. People are idiots.

It always felt like Kevin Kietzman wanted the Chiefs to lose. imo

Wallcrawler 02-22-2024 03:43 PM

Shocking development: Best quarterback to ever play the game landing in notorious multi-franchise playoff choker's lap leads to massive post season success.

DJ's left nut 02-22-2024 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 17413404)
Didn't realize he was within 5. He's definitely not hanging it up til he has that record.

That's pretty bonkers to me.

Hasn't Belichick gone to NINE Super Bowls? How the hell is he only 5 ahead of Andy? I guess Andy's gone to 5 now, right? But damn, that's just barely half as many. I really assumed Belichick had put that record firmly out of reach.

DJ's left nut 02-22-2024 03:50 PM

Quote:

It was absolutely exactly that crazy.

Look at the polls/reactions around here when we hired him. CP is a cesspool of misery and hatred. A bigger pile of cynical ****s you will not find.

And the Reid hire met with about a 90% approval rating.

When 90% of this fetid hell-swamp loved the hire, if you're on the other 10% side you are, in fact, crazy.

DJ's left nut 02-22-2024 03:53 PM

Hell, I was wrong - it was 95%

https://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268484

315 to nine. ****ing 9 people on this board disliked the hire.

BWillie, unsurprisingly, was among them (Jesus Christ that guy is just ALWAYS wrong). Blackhelicoptors hated everything.

Dirk, Munson and WhiteWhale (who my memory serves was primarly a DC poster) are the only 'credible' votes against Reid.

There has never EVER been that sort of consensus form up around a decision this franchise has made. Even the Mahomes pick wasn't met with that kind of uniform excitement.

No, if you disliked the hire, you're a dipshit of Kietzman, BWillie and Wallcrawler proportions.

Frazod 02-22-2024 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17414027)

BWillie, unsurprisingly, was among them (Jesus Christ that guy is just ALWAYS wrong). Blackhelicoptors hated everything.

Dirk, Munson and WhiteWhale (who my memory serves was primarly a DC poster) are the only 'credible' votes against Reid.

There has never EVER been that sort of consensus form up around a decision this franchise has made. Even the Mahomes pick wasn't met with that kind of uniform excitement.

No, if you disliked the hire, you're a dipshit of Kietzman, BWillie and Wallcrawler proportions.

Considering who our coaches were before, it was just insane/****tarded not to consider Reid a massive upgrade. I do remember some Eagles fans wandering in warning that he could get you to the big one, but never win it (oops!). And even if that were the case, back then that would have been a significant improvement over one-and-done in the playoffs every goddamn year.

As for BWillie, well, that just speaks for itself. LMAO

RedinTexas 02-22-2024 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17414052)
Considering who our coaches were before, it was just insane/****tarded not to consider Reid a massive upgrade. I do remember some Eagles fans wandering in warning that he could get you to the big one, but never win it (oops!). And even if that were the case, back then that would have been a significant improvement over one-and-done in the playoffs every goddamn year.

Yeah, I can't recall thinking to myself "Reid or Herm Edwards? I think I gotta go Edwards here." I would have slit my own throat before that.

DJ's left nut 02-22-2024 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17414052)

Oh no question - Reid was graded on a curve at the time given the Fat Scott era.

But "Horrible Hire" is the standard Keitzman set here and thaVirus half-heartedly endorsed.

No, even grading on a curve, nobody of sound mind thought this was a 'horrible hire'. Mediocre? Likely to eventually disappoint? Oh fine, that was a perhaps more commonly held position.

But that's not what that ****ing raging dipshit Kevin Keitzman was saying.

Lord almighty I hate that guy.

DJ's left nut 02-22-2024 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 17413809)

Why'd you have to go send out the mouth-breathing mongoloid signal?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17414008)
Shocking development: Best quarterback to ever play the game landing in notorious multi-franchise playoff choker's lap leads to massive post season success.

notorious 02-22-2024 04:17 PM

Quote:

(looks at poll, takes deep sigh of relief)

notorious 02-22-2024 04:18 PM

We have to remember Reid was coming off a very disappointing season with what the media deemed "The Dream Team" or some shit like that.

JimNasium 02-22-2024 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 17413678)

And the three loses were two AFC Championship games and a Super Bowl.

RealSNR 02-22-2024 05:39 PM

Yeah but he didn't run the ball when I screamed at him through the TV set so he's still not a great coach but don't pigeonhole me into saying he sucks even though all I ever do is bitch and whine about him and come up with explanations for how anything he does right is due to the team he's surrounded by even though he's responsible for selecting, hiring, and coaching all of the people who prop him up

/Wallcrawler

SHOWTIME 02-22-2024 06:04 PM

If you take into account that the Patriots playoff wins from 2001 to 2006 were tainted because of Spygate, Andy is well ahead of Belichick...

ThaVirus 02-22-2024 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 17413781)
He’s a textbook example for why you don’t return to a shitshow situation after you are already in the HOF and your legacy is secured.

Agreed. It wasn’t the best look but in retrospect, I’m not sure if even Andy Reid would have been able to help that franchise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17414018)
It was absolutely exactly that crazy.

Look at the polls/reactions around here when we hired him. CP is a cesspool of misery and hatred. A bigger pile of cynical ****s you will not find.

And the Reid hire met with about a 90% approval rating.

When 90% of this fetid hell-swamp loved the hire, if you're on the other 10% side you are, in fact, crazy.

Well you provided receipts so I will give you that.

Just didn’t seem weird to me given how miserable CPers are and definitely were at that point in time. Mfs wanted a Super Bowl more than anything and most people didn’t think Reid would ever be able to deliver one so I wouldn’t be surprised if anyone didn’t like the move at the time.

Bl00dyBizkitz 02-22-2024 07:40 PM

Quote:

It actually is a shocking development. If he was on any other team, they would've ****ed him up. Maybe some playoff wins, 1 Super Bowl win if he's lucky. Only the combo of Andy and Mahomes could've led to the next NFL dynasty.

Red Dawg 02-22-2024 08:43 PM

Media actually though he was gonna pass Shula. He wasn't just a few games behind. Over 20 I think.

Coochie liquor 02-22-2024 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz (Post 17413723)
Pre-Mahomes, this board constantly debated whether Reid should be fired/if he was any good. A bunch of people hated the hire and had an axe to grind, especially after some embarrassing playoff losses.

A HOF caliber coach can only get you so far if you have a mid tier QB in Alex Smith.

Honestly, some people (Wallcrawler) STILL refuse to give Andy the benefit of the doubt even after a couple SB wins.

Reerun still continues to double down. After 3 ****ing rings and 4 trips. Some people just wanna be right more than anything else.

Hammock Parties 02-23-2024 12:46 AM

Quote:

You need a month long vacation for this post.

Andy is just as much responsible for Patrick's success as Patrick is for Andy's success.

Patrick himself has said this. In fact, in interviews, it's the one thing he repeats almost every chance he gets across multiple years.

What did Bill Walsh do without Montana? Belichick without Brady? Holmgren without Favre? The list goes on and on and on.

And considering how some other coaches have absolutely WASTED HOF talent at QB, Andy gets a lot of bonus points for absolutely maximizing the Patrick Mahomes era.

DON SHULA got Dan Marino one SB appearance and shit else apart from getting pounded in the postseason. The guy is on a short list of coaches who MIGHT be better than Andy and he didn't come close to what Andy is doing with one of the greatest QBs ever.

The greatest five year run in NFL history and you're still whining. Put some bricks in your pockets and take a long walk off a short pier.

RedinTexas 02-23-2024 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 17414568)

Andy is just as much responsible for Patrick's success as Patrick is for Andy's success.

Patrick himself has said this. In fact, in interviews, it's the one thing he repeats almost every chance he gets across multiple years.

What did Bill Walsh do without Montana? Belichick without Brady? Holmgren without Favre? The list goes on and on and on.

And considering how some other coaches have absolutely WASTED HOF talent at QB, Andy gets a lot of bonus points for absolutely maximizing the Patrick Mahomes era.

DON SHULA got Dan Marino one SB appearance and shit else apart from getting pounded in the postseason. The guy is on a short list of coaches who MIGHT be better than Andy and he didn't come close to what Andy is doing with one of the greatest QBs ever.

The greatest five year run in NFL history and you're still whining. Put some bricks in your pockets and take a long walk off a short pier.

You could probably throw GMs into that conversation too. A good GM puts the talent around them that enables that success. A bad GM leaves them unable to capitalize.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-23-2024 07:57 AM

Quote:

Huh? Andy Reid has had MUCH more success without a HOF QB than Belichick ever did. Athletic level bad take...

crispystl 02-23-2024 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17413689)
Oh, man, it is crazy.

I’m not going to go back and look, but I want to say that we were around the middle of the pack in regular season win percentage prior to Mahomes. A CPer posted that we’re like #6 or #7 now after updating.

We had 8 AFC West titles before Mahomes compared to 15 for the Broncos, Raiders and Chargers each. Now we’ve got 16, the rest still have 15 ROFL

We had one Super Bowl win. Now we’ve got four, which is more than anyone in our division (Raiders and Broncos have three a piece, Chargers have zero lol)

The guy is our savior. He damn near single-handedly turned this franchise around.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-23-2024 08:21 AM

Carrying Donovan ****ing McNabb to a Superbowl wasn't impressive for the brain dead morons who didn't like the hire?

Ebolapox 02-23-2024 08:56 AM

Quote:

Paul Brown and Sid Gillman (technically also Al Davis, but more Paul Brown IMO)

ThaVirus 02-23-2024 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17414666)
Huh? Andy Reid has had MUCH more success without a HOF QB than Belichick ever did. Athletic level bad take...

I talking about his last year in Philly. He went 4-12 in much the same role as Belichick at the tail end of his run in New England. I’m pretty sure Reid handled all player personnel decisions in Philly, no?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17414681)
Carrying Donovan ****ing McNabb to a Superbowl wasn't impressive for the brain dead morons who didn't like the hire?

Was anyone really anticipating that he’d find a better QB here in KC? Lol. With our history? Especially after immediately trading for Alex Smith..

All I’m saying is, dude was 10-9 in the postseason prior to coming to KC. 1-4 in NFC Championship games and 0-1 in the Super Bowl. He was basically Kyle Shanahan.

It was a great hire for a floundering franchise as it helped stabilize things and make us respectable again, but I just don’t think it’s weird that some fans, who were starved for a Super Bowl, would question whether or not Reid was a great long term hire.

Wallcrawler 02-23-2024 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17414681)

Lmao. McNabb was a top 5 statistical qb during those nfc title failures and superbowl loss. He was like 3rd in yards and 4th in tds. With utter shit at wide receiver until the year TO was brought in, alongside borderline refusal to run the football. Andy carried McNabb. Ok dipshit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 17414568)

I need a month long vacation for stating fact? That's about your speed.

Please, do remind me of all the championships Andy Reid was able to win before Patrick Mahomes.

You'll have an easier time finding his playoff collapses, he owns 2 of the largest in playoff history at 28 and 18 points just with KC. Don't forget that amazing performance where this alleged legendary offensive coach couldn't muster up enough offense to beat a team unable to reach the endzone.

Mahomes has played in 18 post season games and he's been neck deep in shit down 2 scores 11 times. He's 9-2 in those games.

It's pretty safe to say that Andy would have 0 rings without Mahomes. All 3 times he's win superbowls pat has had to come back from down 10.

That tends to happen when you form a habit of wasting first and second down.

That Unicorn wearing number 15 has been able to consistently overcome mistakes and missed opportunities to pull out wins on a level that no other qb in history has come close to.

In all 7 post season opportunities down one score under a minute with answer or go home stakes, Patrick is 7/7.

Brady was 5/11 for comparison.

Andy Reid pre Mahomes was the NFL equivalent to NBA coach George Karl. One of only 9 coaches to win a thousand games with no title. Never got his Michael Jordan to put him over the top.

Does anyone here honestly believe that if Mahomes is kidnapped by aliens to play in the interstellar league the week before the playoffs start, that Big Red could do what Doug Pederson did and make a title run with his backup qb?

No 15, no Superbowl win.

It is what it is. Be offended if you like.

tredadda 02-23-2024 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17413710)

If the Chiefs average 12 wins a season (which is not unrealistic) he could pass him in less that 6 seasons. Just stunning. Also no reason to think he won’t pass Bill in playoff wins very soon, although it could take longer depending on how they do in the regular season.

tredadda 02-23-2024 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17414015)
That's pretty bonkers to me.

Hasn't Belichick gone to NINE Super Bowls? How the hell is he only 5 ahead of Andy? I guess Andy's gone to 5 now, right? But damn, that's just barely half as many. I really assumed Belichick had put that record firmly out of reach.

Remember that Andy went to something like 5 NFCCGs and a SB. Belechick’s numbers are ONLY with Brady. Thats why Andy was much closer than you might have thought. He was winning playoff games in Philly, just not SBs.

tredadda 02-23-2024 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17414784)
Lmao. McNabb was a top 5 statistical qb during those nfc title failures and superbowl loss. He was like 3rd in yards and 4th in tds. With utter shit at wide receiver until the year TO was brought in, alongside borderline refusal to run the football. Andy carried McNabb. Ok dipshit.

Please, do remind me of all the championships Andy Reid was able to win before Patrick Mahomes.

You'll have an easier time finding his playoff collapses, he owns 2 of the largest in playoff history at 28 and 18 points just with KC. Don't forget that amazing performance where this alleged legendary offensive coach couldn't muster up enough offense to beat a team unable to reach the endzone.

Mahomes has played in 18 post season games and he's been neck deep in shit down 2 scores 11 times. He's 9-2 in those games.

It's pretty safe to say that Andy would have 0 rings without Mahomes. All 3 times he's win superbowls pat has had to come back from down 10.

That Unicorn wearing number 15 has been able to consistently overcome mistakes and missed opportunities to pull out wins on a level that no other qb in history has come close to.

In all 7 post season opportunities down one score under a minute with answer or go home stakes, Patrick is 7/7.

Andy Reid pre Mahomes was the NFL equivalent to NBA coach George Karl. One of only 9 coaches to win a thousand games with no title. Never got his Michael Jordan to put him over the top.

Does anyone here honestly believe that if Mahomes is kidnapped by aliens to play in the interstellar league the week before the playoffs start, that Big Red could do what Doug Pederson did and make a title run with his backup qb?

No 15, no Superbowl win.

How many did Lombardi win without Starr?
How about Noll without Bradshaw?
Walsh without Montana?
Jimmy Johnson without Aikman?
Bill without Brady?
Shula without Griese?

Seems to be a trend, which continues to show your unjustified hate for Andy and nothing more.

scho63 02-23-2024 10:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The impact of Mahomes and Reid is INCREDIBLE - take a look at this chart

scho63 02-23-2024 10:28 AM

The 70's and 80's were dark days.

Marty gave us FALSE hope in the 90's

We regressed in the 00's and early 10's until Reid came aboard.

Then with Reid and Mahomes, holy shit we have the best win percentage in football during that time by a mile. This years record actually went slightly backwards! LOL

Pointer19 02-23-2024 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17413689)
Oh, man, it is crazy.

That could make for a really sweet graphic.

Metric 2017 Chiefs 2024 Chiefs
Regular Season
Playoffs
Division Record
AFCW Titles
AFC Titles
Super Bowls

DJ's left nut 02-23-2024 10:46 AM

Quote:

No 15, no Superbowl win.

Okay - so go on record.

Will the Chiefs win more Super Bowls after Reid retires than they won with him? We'll do it on a rate basis given that Mahomes will likely play more seasons with Reid than without him.

And sure, he may play some of those years on the backside of his career, but he played the first few on the upswing of it as well. And the new coach will get credit for any development that Reid was responsible for.

So if Reid is just some choking hack who's riding on Mahomes coattails, any sort of replacement level HC should be able to have a GREATER success rate than Reid has, no?

So - go on record. What's our championship success rate going to be with a new coach once Andy retires? Better or worse?

dlphg9 02-23-2024 10:56 AM

Quote:

I can't believe that poll. It's absolutely insane to have that many people agree on here. Color me shocked about BWillie's vote.

dlphg9 02-23-2024 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17414888)
Okay - so go on record.

Will the Chiefs win more Super Bowls after Reid retires than they won with him? We'll do it on a rate basis given that Mahomes will likely play more seasons with Reid than without him.

And sure, he may play some of those years on the backside of his career, but he played the first few on the upswing of it as well. And the new coach will get credit for any development that Reid was responsible for.

So if Reid is just some choking hack who's riding on Mahomes coattails, any sort of replacement level HC should be able to have a GREATER success rate than Reid has, no?

So - go on record. What's our championship success rate going to be with a new coach once Andy retires? Better or worse?

It's gotten to the point that I don't even engage with the dumb bitch, because he has to be trolling at this point. Also he's long winded as **** and repeats himself over and over again. I'm just looking forward to the 1000 word essay he's about to write and the extremely funny dilphag or whatever he calls me.

The guy is a worthless idiot.

Hammock Parties 02-23-2024 10:59 AM

wallcrawler is a disease

the only coach to win 100+ with two franchises and mahomes gets all the credit LMAO

Hammock Parties 02-23-2024 11:02 AM

HOLY SHIT did he really compare this guy to andy reid

https://www.basketball-reference.com...karlge01c.html

mr one time NBA finals appearance is in league with the 2nd or 3rd greatest NFL coach ever? LMAO

FIRED 5 TIMES

dlphg9 02-23-2024 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 17414910)
wallcrawler is a disease

the only coach to win 100+ with two franchises and mahomes gets all the credit LMAO

Andy has coached 25 seasons in the NFL and has only had 3 seasons with a losing record and 18 seasons of 10+ and 15 seasons of 11+ wins. Patrick has only been the QB in 6 of those seasons. Teams very rarely win SBs without elite QB play and all of the guys considered the best HCs of all time have had HOF QBs.

Andy needed his HOF QB to take the next step.

Bl00dyBizkitz 02-23-2024 11:09 AM

Quote:

No 15, no Superbowl win.

Wallcrawler, how many SB wins does Belichick have without Tom Brady?

Actually, even better question. What is Belichicks WINNING PERCENTAGE without Tom Brady?

Hammock Parties 02-23-2024 11:16 AM

i have to hear from countless fans on twitter how patrick is nothing without andy and then i come here and wallcrawler compares andy to an NBA marty clone

JFC

RealSNR 02-23-2024 11:28 AM

Wallcrawler, what are Andy’s positive traits as a head coach? Since you don’t want him to leave, surely you recognize the things that make him an elite coach in this league other than, “He’s got Mahomes and is winning Super Bowls, so good enough”

tk13 02-23-2024 11:30 AM

The hole in the argument is Reid didn't chase a ring because Mahomes was here. Reid signed off on him when he had a veteran QB, had the balls to sit him for a year when a lot of coaches wouldn't do that, and worked to develop him into the guy he is now.

It wasn't like he was 6th round pick they got lucky on. Mahomes was a guy they spent years scouting and aggressively went after in the draft because they thought he was great. Which looks genius now because you can find plenty of mock drafts and information where people thought Mahomes was a late 1st or even 2nd round talent. So he wasn't a slam dunk #1 pick either. Heck yeah Mahomes is the difference but the reason he's in KC is because Veach and Reid identified and developed his talent better than the 31 other teams.

Bl00dyBizkitz 02-23-2024 11:32 AM

Every top tier Hall of Fame HC has looked completely pedestrian without a top tier QB. And if they did win without that top tier QB, it was either a total fluke and they never made it back or they had an elite defense.

Most top tier HC's flat out miss the playoffs without a great QB (some miss the playoffs even WITH a great QB), and yet Andy almost consistently made the playoffs even with McNabb and Alex Smith.

Andy maximized the amount of talent he had around him to great effect every single time. Without Mahomes, he got consistent playoff berths. With Mahomes, he has 3 SB's in 6 years. Andy is one of the greatest HC's of all time. Plain and simple.

RealSNR 02-23-2024 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 17414913)

mr one time NBA finals appearance is in league with the 2nd or 3rd greatest NFL coach ever? LMAO

FIRED 5 TIMES

Seriously.

If you’re gonna make that comparison at least have the decency to call him Jerry Sloan

tk13 02-23-2024 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz (Post 17414963)
Every top tier Hall of Fame HC has looked completely pedestrian without a top tier QB. And if they did win without that top tier QB, it was either a total fluke and they never made it back or they had an elite defense.

Most top tier HC's flat out miss the playoffs without a great QB (some miss the playoffs even WITH a great QB), and yet Andy almost consistently made the playoffs even with McNabb and Alex Smith.

He also almost made the NFC title game with Jeff Garcia one of the years McNabb was out, and then took a QB who was in prison for two years and coached him up to have the best seasons of his career.

We've seen the same thing even with Mahomes. We've won critical games over the years with Matt Moore and Chad Henne when Mahomes was out. He can coach QBs.

ThaVirus 02-23-2024 11:47 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...5b20fb5663.jpg

Bl00dyBizkitz 02-23-2024 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 17414971)
He also almost made the NFC title game with Jeff Garcia one of the years McNabb was out, and then took a QB who was in prison for two years and coached him up to have the best seasons of his career.

We've seen the same thing even with Mahomes. We've won critical games over the years with Matt Moore and Chad Henne when Mahomes was out. He can coach QBs.

Oh yeah, forgot about this. McNabb, Vick, Garcia, Smith all having career years under Reid.

Matt Moore going blow for blow with Aaron Rodgers and winning against the 6-2 Vikings. Chad Henne stepping in for the Browns and Jaguars games in the playoffs and playing well despite looking not great in Miami.

Dude maximizes talent literally everywhere he goes. It's just facts.

RunKC 02-23-2024 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 17414910)
wallcrawler is a disease

It's like you guys don't remember the early Andy years. This board was extremely hesitant of him bc they didn't think he could get us to a SB. And that was true of his career at that point.

People hated that Andy traded for Alex Smith
People hated that they didn't draft Geno Smith
People hated that they drafted Eric Fisher

Andy's first few years looked exactly like the Marty Chiefs. Very good team that ends up ****ing itself spectacularly in the playoffs. Andy was 1-6 in the playoffs over a 9 season stretch from 2009-2017 with the lone playoff win being over Brian ****ing Hoyer.

The frustration Andy faced was 100% justifiable at the time.

Fortunately he found his HOF QB bc that's the difference. That's why Belichick, Tomlin, Shannahan, Dungy and McCarthy have any of their accolades bc without their QB's their reputation has been total shit. It's also why Marty never got where he wanted to go.

Andy's legacy is now cemented. Previously he was a fringe first ballot HOF coach. Now he's a shoe in first ball HOF that will be on the Mount Rushmore of NFL coaches.

ThaVirus 02-23-2024 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pointer19 (Post 17414866)
That could make for a really sweet graphic.

Metric 2017 Chiefs 2024 Chiefs
Regular Season
Playoffs
Division Record
AFCW Titles
AFC Titles
Super Bowls

You’re right. I’m not going to do any legwork but off the top of my head..

Chiefs AFC Championship game appearances:
1970-2017- one
2018-2023- six

Chiefs Super Bowl appearances:
1970-2017- zero
2018-2023- four

That’s all that needs to be said lol sums it up rather nicely

Hammock Parties 02-23-2024 11:56 AM

It was never justifiable. Going 12-4 with Alex Smith is HOF coaching. Alex Smith was a loser.

scho63 02-23-2024 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 17415007)
It was never justifiable. Going 12-4 with Alex Smith is HOF coaching. Alex Smith was a loser.

Alex Smith wasn't a loser, he just ain't Mahomes.

Wallcrawler 02-23-2024 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 17414913)

FIRED 5 TIMES

Clay, can you ****ing read?

PRE-MAHOMES REID.

So yes. Karl appeared in the post season 22 times, finals once. Lost.

Andy won a lot of games, appeared in the superbowl once. Lost.

He's had some HILARIOUS Scorpion level faceplants in the post season before Mahomes.

And don't think we forgot, you flip flopping cock smoker, you were just as critical of Andy's Gaffes as anyone here, going out of your way to mock him on your YouTube channel that has less subscribers than a channel committed to actually watching paint dry.

https://youtu.be/HSpacfu5_Ck?si=glQ_q4JJRN21civE

So sure, keep up the typical Clay shtick as the charge leading #1 super fan who never had anything critical to say about every time Andy Reid shit down his leg on a sideline.

Hey dilphag9. It's just how your username reads. Perhaps if you had any semblance of reading comprehension, you may have chosen a better name.

Why don't you run along and start a thread explaining to us all how Left Tackle isn't an important enough position to spend money on. It's just you know, the one that protects 15's blind side. Can't wait to read it.

tredadda 02-23-2024 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17414996)
It's like you guys don't remember the early Andy years. This board was extremely hesitant of him bc they didn't think he could get us to a SB. And that was true of his career at that point.

Andy's first few years looked exactly like the Marty Chiefs. Very good team that ends up ****ing itself spectacularly in the playoffs. Andy was 1-6 in the playoffs over a 9 season stretch from 2009-2017 with the lone playoff win being over Brian ****ing Hoyer.

Fortunately he found his HOF QB bc that's the difference. That's why Belichick, Tomlin, Shannahan, Dungy and McCarthy have any of their accolades bc without their QB's their reputation has been total shit. It's also why Marty never got where he wanted to go.

Andy's legacy is now cemented. Previously he was a fringe first ballot HOF coach. Now he's a shoe in first ball HOF that will be on the Mount Rushmore of NFL coaches.

I know two people who did not hate the drafting of Fisher.

Rausch 02-23-2024 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 17414934)
i have to hear from countless fans on twitter how patrick is nothing without andy and then i come here and wallcrawler compares andy to an NBA marty clone

JFC

If I ever wake up and think "you know, I'm just not angry enough at the world today" then I'll consider getting on twitter.

Wallcrawler 02-23-2024 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17414996)

Little trip down memory lane.

https://youtu.be/IwrYkvqXc9s?si=XWEDDdyQA1r9eZVU

"I didn't understand the playcalling"

"Hunt carried the ball 6 times in the first quarter, 5 times over the next 3."

"Chiefs should have won this game by 30"

"After the first 15 plays they forget what the hell they're doing."