ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=345988)

TripleThreat 11-09-2022 05:48 PM

The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread

https://cloudinary.fifa.com/m/398a75...nal-groups.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FUgf7HnX...jpg&name=small

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FhJ7tTeX...name=4096x4096

YOUNG AMERICANS
The USMNT was by far the youngest team to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, garnering valuable experience going through the rigors of World Cup qualifying. Through 14 qualifiers, the USA Starting XI came in at an average of 23.82, almost two years younger than the next closest team, Ghana at 25.67. Together, the other 31 participating teams averaged a Starting XI age of 27.5 through qualifying, nearly four full years older than the U.S. Sources say this is one of the youngest, but most talented teams the U.S. has ever fielded. While they may not win the world cup this year, they may garner the experience needed to make a serious run on home soil in the year 2026 when the World Cup comes back to North America.

2022 USA World Cup Roster

FORWARDS
Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas)
Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders)
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea)
Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)
Josh Sargent (Norwich City)
Timothy Weah (Lille)
Haji Wright (Antalyaspor)

MIDFIELDERS
Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United)
Kellyn Acosta (LAFC)
Tyler Adams (Leeds United)
Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo)
Weston McKennie (Juventus)
Yunus Musah (Valencia)
Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders)

DEFENDERS
Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic)
Sergiño Dest (AC Milan)
Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls)
Shaq Moore (Nashville SC)
Tim Ream (Fulham)
Antonee Robinson (Fulham)
Joe Scally (Borussia Monchengladbach)
DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami)
Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC)

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Horvath (Luton Town)
Sean Johnson (NYCFC)
Matt Turner (Arsenal)

GloucesterChief 11-09-2022 06:29 PM

Players should boycott because the stadiums were built with slave labor.

Titty Meat 11-09-2022 06:41 PM

Not watching til women get paid as much as the men

|Zach| 11-09-2022 07:16 PM

Day after Thanksgiving against England will be fun. Will be the most watched soccer game in American history.

|Zach| 11-09-2022 07:18 PM

It is hard to get a read on this team but I think we are really sound on defense which gives us a good shot in these games.

I worry about where turn to for scoring if Ferreira starts and is not having an impactful match.

Excited to see Gio Reyna go to work though he has been healthy and effective playing for Borussia Dortmund lately.

BWillie 11-09-2022 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16592372)

Gtfoh

Jewish Rabbi 11-09-2022 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 16592372)

Do pansexuals care about gender assignments?

BWillie 11-09-2022 07:23 PM

I'm going to watch the England one. Just because of the pure hilarity it would be if we beat them at their own game. A game we barely care about. It would be great.

|Zach| 11-09-2022 07:24 PM

Really hoping Reyna has a good tournament he deserves it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/L7VjqyQh1PE" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Titty Meat 11-09-2022 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 16592457)
Do pansexuals care about gender assignments?

Qatar kills homosexuals

tredadda 11-09-2022 07:38 PM

One thing Qatar has tons of is money and sand and Falcon stores. They should live nicely until they get booted in the opening round.

WilliamTheIrish 11-09-2022 07:40 PM

Good times!

TripleThreat 11-09-2022 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 16592468)
Really hoping Reyna has a good tournament he deserves it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/L7VjqyQh1PE" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He's been starting for Dortmund now correct, post injury?

Hoping he has the stamina for a full 90.

|Zach| 11-09-2022 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleThreat (Post 16592517)
He's been starting for Dortmund now correct, post injury?

Hoping he has the stamina for a full 90.

Yep

RunKC 11-09-2022 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 16592444)
It is hard to get a read on this team but I think we are really sound on defense which gives us a good shot in these games.

I worry about where turn to for scoring if Ferreira starts and is not having an impactful match.

Excited to see Gio Reyna go to work though he has been healthy and effective playing for Borussia Dortmund lately.

I don’t know anyone on this new generation squad except McKinney and Pullisic.

Are they as good as the Landon Donovan/Clint Dempsey teams?

Eleazar 11-09-2022 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 16592332)
Players should boycott because the stadiums were built with slave labor.

Surprising number of supporters of the EPL team I follow feel this way, claiming they won’t watch it or will only watch England begrudgingly. because of Qatar. Was a little surprised to see that sentiment.

Eleazar 11-09-2022 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 16592543)

No

|Zach| 11-09-2022 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 16592543)

They could be. They have the most big time club experience in history and it is not close. They seem to have the requisite American moxie when they are on. But it is still hard to tell what their identity is.

They have talented parts but it is hard to tell in what way they will coalesce and be impactful on any given night.

They have a few players that can put in moments of greatness that lead to goals but there are concerns at the striker position.

Going to be interesting to see how it all pans out.

TambaBerry 11-09-2022 08:39 PM

It's going to come down to if we can win one 1-0 because we don't know how to score yet. I think two draws and a win puts us through.

TripleThreat 11-09-2022 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razaele (Post 16592567)
No

I wouldn’t say no. Our team is the youngest of the tournament and in a sense, the dark horse, Cinderella of the tournament as well.

As England fans are saying, they think our team is up and coming, but they think we aren’t there just yet, and think the best we can do against them is a draw. Which has a lot of other country’s thinking we won’t be relevant until 2026 until all these kids that are 22-24 on this team are 26-28.

I personally think our team is better, we have a lot of guys playing overseas against top competition, even our secondary guys like Sargent are the starters for their teams in the EFL which isn’t anything to scoff at. When our backups are playing for teams like that and starting, it’s promising.

BWillie 11-09-2022 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 16592586)
It's going to come down to if we can win one 1-0 because we don't know how to score yet. I think two draws and a win puts us through.

How hard can it be? Just throw out some NFL cornerbacks and give them a week to figure it out. USA 22-0 then.

Monticore 11-09-2022 09:21 PM

I’m hoping Canada and the US can get a few upsets our draw is pretty hard but the teams we are playing are on the the older side I think our speed in attack can give them some fits .

David is scoring at decent clip in ligue 1 and if Davies is healthy he can give anybody fits on the wing .

Just hope they don’t get embarrassed lol.

TripleThreat 11-09-2022 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monticore (Post 16592632)
I’m hoping Canada and the US can get a few upsets our draw is pretty hard but the teams we are playing are on the the older side I think our speed in attack can give them some fits .

David is scoring at decent clip in ligue 1 and if Davies is healthy he can give anybody fits on the wing .

I don’t think our draw was that tough. Remember 2014 with Germany, Ghana, and Portugal? Now that was tough.

Wales and Iran are both ranked beneath us and we always seem to match well against England no matter what team we bring. We should be able to get 2 wins.

TripleThreat 11-09-2022 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 16592586)

This is why im not a fan of Ferreira personally. Unpopular opinion but I’d rather see Sargent out there over him.

Not to mention Sargent plays in the EFL and they are talking about our starting forward playing in the MLS. I’m just not a fan of the guys that are playing in the MLS for a number of reasons but in these big games, they seem to just fall off. When they are playing friendlies or all the qualifying matches against the weak concaf they look good, but when they go overseas and play these top teams, I’ve always preferred our guys that are already there day in and day out either playing with or against these other elite nations players. When you are home playing in the MLS and playing concaf teams, you just don’t ascend like you should imo.

Jewish Rabbi 11-09-2022 09:57 PM

Yeah this was about as good of a draw as the US could have hoped for

|Zach| 11-09-2022 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monticore (Post 16592632)

I am sure there is an easier possible draw but not that many. I mean it's the World Cup. Having Iran and Wales with you? Can't ask for much more.

BWillie 11-09-2022 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 16592661)
I am sure there is an easier possible draw but not that many. I mean it's the World Cup. Having Iran and Wales with you? Can't ask for much more.

Arent the US and Wales pretty comparable?

USA #16
Wales #19

https://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-rank...dateId=id13792

Have no idea. Tell me about soccer like Im 12 so I can learn.

POND_OF_RED 11-09-2022 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 16592465)
I'm going to watch the England one. Just because of the pure hilarity it would be if we beat them at their own game. A game we barely care about. It would be great.

Wouldn’t be the first time. We are undefeated against England in all non-friendly competitions. 2 wins and 1 draw. England fans are by far the worst fans in the world. I love when they get all upset about calling it soccer when they were the ones who started calling it soccer in the first place to separate themselves from rugby football. I can’t wait for that match. I hope we kick the shit out of them.

|Zach| 11-09-2022 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 16592671)
Arent the US and Wales pretty comparable?

USA #16
Wales #19

https://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-rank...dateId=id13792

Have no idea. Tell me about soccer like Im 12 so I can learn.

Wales is not bad at all. Thought WC draw wise...its a good draw.

Monticore 11-09-2022 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleThreat (Post 16592657)
I don’t think our draw was that tough. Remember 2014 with Germany, Ghana, and Portugal? Now that was tough.

Wales and Iran are both ranked beneath us and we always seem to match well against England no matter what team we bring. We should be able to get 2 wins.

Talking about the Canadian group lol Belgium and Croatia.

|Zach| 11-09-2022 10:17 PM

It would be annoying if Garreth Bale trots in and ****s our shit up.

He certainly made an impact in MLS Cup.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QczPtDh0aJ8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hark Clunt 11-09-2022 10:26 PM

the world cup group stage is pretty much a crapshoot for middle of the pack countries. however with the way we've looked lately, i wouldn't be shocked if we don't advance. i think people underestimate iran a bit.

overall it should be a pretty wide open tournament. a lot of people seem to think argentina or brazil will win, but those two have become such bed shitters in modern times that it's very hard to feel confident picking them. denmark is a darkhorse to make a deep run imo.

Ocotillo 11-09-2022 10:28 PM

It looks like Jurgen Klinsmann was right.

Seventeen of the 26-man roster plays overseas.

**** the MLS.

**** the hipster American soccer fan that defied Klinsmann.

|Zach| 11-09-2022 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ocotillo (Post 16592686)

**** the MLS.

LMAO Honestly had no idea you people existed still.

Guy let CONCACAF run a train on us and you want more of that. I had to stand there and watch Mexico beat us on our own soil in Columbus. He came in shitting on American soccer but ended up doing things the same exact boring way except without the wins when it mattered.

Hell the guy almost got Hertha Berlin relegated from Bundesliga what a joke.

https://www.starsandstripesfc.com/us...munich-germany

Ocotillo 11-09-2022 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 16592690)
LMAO Honestly had no idea you people existed still.

Guy let a CONCACAF run a train on us and you want more of that. I had to stand there and watch Mexico beat us on our own soil in Columbus. He came in shitting on American soccer but ended up doing things the same exact boring way except without the wins when it mattered.

Hell the guy almost got Hertha Berlin relegated from Bundesliga what a joke.

Round of 16 showing in 2014 is optimal results. Don't shit on it.

|Zach| 11-09-2022 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ocotillo (Post 16592694)
Round of 16 showing in 2014 is optimal results. Don't shit on it.

Then what happened. Don't blame MLS because JK thought he was a better coach than he actually was.

It is honestly fun hearing your perspective I literally thought you people were gone. It has been years since someone had the balls to try and convince another human JK does not suck.

Ocotillo 11-09-2022 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 16592697)
Then what happened. Don't blame MLS because JK thought he was a better coach than he actually was.

It is honestly fun hearing your perspective I literally thought you people were gone. It has been years since someone had the balls to try and convince another human JK does not suck.

He doesn't suck.

World Cup champion as a player and third-place World Cup coach. I wish I had his life.

POND_OF_RED 11-09-2022 10:50 PM

I know I’m a homer since he’s a KC kid, but Erik Palmer Brown should be on this roster. He starts at CB in Ligue 1 and has been starting overseas for awhile now with a lot of good experience. I wish he could have gotten to the World Cup this year to build some experience for 2026. I don’t think Berhalter gave him enough of a chance.

I wonder if we are planning on using Weah or Reyna at Striker at all? I really don’t like anyone else. Obviously you want guys playing in their natural positions, but I feel like I trust Reyna to get us a goal way more than Ferreira/Sargent/Haji Wright. You can’t start him and Aaronson both at CAM. Weah did look really good as a RW, though so I don’t think you move him to Striker even though he has played it in the past….I don’t know…still so many questions and we really shouldn’t have to question things this much at this point. Hope somehow Haji Wright can continue his good form I guess. I don’t trust the form Ferreira is in at all.

Just happy to be in it again is the main thing. Will be rooting for the rest of CONCACAF as well. Hoping Canada has a good showing. Was happy to see Davies injury wasn’t as bad as they originally feared it would be.

|Zach| 11-09-2022 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ocotillo (Post 16592698)
He doesn't suck.

World Cup champion as a player and third-place World Cup coach. I wish I had his life.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/40kD5XtImLn9qc7VCr" width="480" height="353" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe>

TripleThreat 11-09-2022 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monticore (Post 16592675)
Talking about the Canadian group lol Belgium and Croatia.

We were ranked higher than Croatia a few months before the group draw (which I thought was a joke) but yeah I would rather have England and Wales than Belgium and Croatia, and it’s not close. However as another poster said, Iran is a dark horse in our group for sure. But as we all know, every team in the group stage is a threat minus Qatar.

bdj23 11-10-2022 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleThreat (Post 16592715)
We were ranked higher than Croatia a few months before the group draw (which I thought was a joke) but yeah I would rather have England and Wales than Belgium and Croatia, and it’s not close. However as another poster said, Iran is a dark horse in our group for sure. But as we all know, every team in the group stage is a threat minus Qatar.

Those fifa rankings don't mean dick. Belgium has been ranked #1 for like a decade and they haven't won anything.

Croatia still has talent, they're just getting old I believe.

Womble 11-10-2022 06:57 AM

Is Pulisic still the LeBron James of 'soccer'?

NJChiefsFan 11-10-2022 07:21 AM

I think this team has a much higher ceiling than the Donovan/Dempsey teams. They are so young, talented, and playing in great leagues. If they ever find a good to great striker they are going to be a top ten team at worst, likely higher.

RocKhawks 11-10-2022 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 16592697)

Jurgen Klinsmann wasn't given a fair shot IMO. He was bringing a European style of play to the American team. It didn't catch on as quick as they liked, and the team wasn't winning like they were 20 years ago. Unfortunately he didn't have the star players like the teams in the mid to late 90's.

It made no sense to bring back Bruce Arena (who sucked the first time) to suck, YET AGAIN. Instead of letting it play out for a little while longer, you bring back something else that was worse. It's almost in comparison to not letting Spags defensive scheme setting in place, and then bring back Bob Sutton. Not to that degree, but you get my point.

Maybe I am biased because I am German, and love watching the German squad.

BWillie 11-10-2022 07:28 AM

I am glad Klinsman is gone because he is not American. No non-American should be able to hold a position on the National team.

Jewish Rabbi 11-10-2022 07:40 AM

Half the players are barely American lol

RocKhawks 11-10-2022 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 16592875)
Half the players are barely American lol

Exactly, a few of them weren't even born in America.

jd1020 11-10-2022 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Womble (Post 16592834)
Is Pulisic still the LeBron James of 'soccer'?

When have you ever heard someone say that?

Was it qualified with "USA soccer"? Because hes one of the best USA has to offer but he sure as shit isn't going to be in any discussion of the "LeBron James" of the sport.

Eleazar 11-10-2022 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ocotillo (Post 16592686)

**** the MLS.

Klinsmann was not a good manager, but the 2014 team that drew Portgual and lost that wild game to Belgium and the young Kevin DeBruyne was probably the best team we've ever had. It's hard to rate a lot of middling teams against one another, but if you asked me to pick one US team to win one match I'm picking that one.

BWillie 11-10-2022 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RocKhawks (Post 16592889)
Exactly, a few of them weren't even born in America.

Unless they grew up in America (if not born here) they should not be eligible.

Eleazar 11-10-2022 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleThreat (Post 16592609)
I personally think our team is better, we have a lot of guys playing overseas against top competition, even our secondary guys like Sargent are the starters for their teams in the EFL which isn’t anything to scoff at. When our backups are playing for teams like that and starting, it’s promising.

Pulisic wanted out of Chelsea because he wasn't getting enough minutes

Sargent's team was relegated, although you could say there's still some good competition in the Championship.

Really, who is getting significant minutes in a top league?

Adams and Aaronson, Robinson, McKinnie. That's it AFAIK...

Womble 11-10-2022 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 16592890)
When have you ever heard someone say that?

Was it qualified with "USA soccer"? Because hes one of the best USA has to offer but he sure as shit isn't going to be in any discussion of the "LeBron James" of the sport.

I can't post links here but go on YouTube and search "Pulisic shirt Pawn stars"

Pasta Little Brioni 11-10-2022 09:01 AM

I believe....I believe we will...I believe we will get our shit pushed in!

DJJasonp 11-10-2022 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 16592858)
I think this team has a much higher ceiling than the Donovan/Dempsey teams. They are so young, talented, and playing in great leagues. If they ever find a good to great striker they are going to be a top ten team at worst, likely higher.

this. WAY higher ceiling.

We havent had this much talent, top to bottom on the roster, probably ever.

May not show it fully until the next WC (ok, fine.....us soil for that one).

DJJasonp 11-10-2022 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razaele (Post 16592960)

Sargent's team was relegated, although you could say there's still some good competition in the Championship.

and who was even rostered overseas in the donovan era??

Donovan was (for a hot minute), and Tim Howard........

TripleThreat 11-10-2022 06:52 PM

Quote:

Well with what you named, and adding pulisic, that’s 5, but you’re also missing our goal keeper Matt turner who starts for arsenal, that’s over half the starters playing overseas…. Then we have our ST and CB being stars in the MLS so that’s 8, I forget the other 3 that are presumed to be our starters, but our team is mostly overseas tbh.

Jewish Rabbi 11-10-2022 06:54 PM

Can we sign Erling Haaland for the WC?

ToxSocks 11-10-2022 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 16592943)

**** that, you want us to lose forever?

BWillie 11-10-2022 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16594130)
**** that, you want us to lose forever?

Force Tyreek Hill, Kodarius Toney and Mecole Hardman to play soccer.

Win 2024 World Cup easily.

Eleazar 11-10-2022 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleThreat (Post 16594127)
Well with what you named, and adding pulisic, that’s 5, but you’re also missing our goal keeper Matt turner who starts for arsenal, that’s over half the starters playing overseas…. Then we have our ST and CB being stars in the MLS so that’s 8, I forget the other 3 that are presumed to be our starters, but our team is mostly overseas tbh.

I guess I missed Turner since he definitely does not start for Arsenal and has not made a league appearance this year.

New World Order 11-10-2022 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother (Post 16592977)

LMAO

POND_OF_RED 11-10-2022 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 16594132)
Force Tyreek Hill, Kodarius Toney and Mecole Hardman to play soccer.

Win 2024 World Cup easily.

Really all the US would need is Kevin Durant in goal and someone to score a couple goals in group play. I don’t think anyone would ever score a goal on Durant with his size and athleticism.

penguinz 11-10-2022 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 16592943)

That is basically the same thing as saying the Chiefs should not have any players that were not born in or have grown up in Kansas City.

POND_OF_RED 11-10-2022 07:53 PM

Quote:

Joe Scally starts pretty much every game in the bundesliga.

BWillie 11-10-2022 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 16594200)
That is basically the same thing as saying the Chiefs should not have any players that were not born in or have grown up in Kansas City.

No, its not. It's not even remotely the same. Chiefs are a pro team. United States soccer is a national team.

KCUnited 11-10-2022 08:28 PM

Bring in Kareem Hunt

Demonpenz 11-10-2022 08:44 PM

this thread went well thanks guys

TripleThreat 11-11-2022 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother (Post 16592977)

Anything that makes me lol literally always gets a thumbs up from me

TripleThreat 11-11-2022 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razaele (Post 16594180)
I guess I missed Turner since he definitely does not start for Arsenal and has not made a league appearance this year.

Huh? He started the friendly against numberg in the summer and has since recorded multiple clean sheets in his recent starts with arsenal? I don’t follow arsenal but I had seen him playing on some highlights and the information I just provided was from a quick google search

Womble 11-11-2022 12:09 PM

As a match going Chelsea and England supporter from London I am going to be pretty much the oracle of this thread in the coming month. I'll begin by saying that Pulisic looked promising in his first Chelsea season but he's turned out to be a JAG and is not the person you yanks should build your team around going forward.

SuperBowl4 11-11-2022 12:14 PM

:skip:

POND_OF_RED 11-11-2022 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Womble (Post 16595031)
As a match going Chelsea and England supporter from London I am going to be pretty much the oracle of this thread in the coming month. I'll begin by saying that Pulisic looked promising in his first Chelsea season but he's turned out to be a JAG and is not the person you yanks should build your team around going forward.

He’ll still end his career with more international trophies than anyone on England will ever see so he has that going for him.

bdj23 11-11-2022 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Womble (Post 16595031)

England are perpetual choke artists

Womble 11-11-2022 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 16595105)
He’ll still end his career with more international trophies than anyone on England will ever see so he has that going for him.

Congrats to him then. That's the equivalent of being a Falcon and winning the NFC South once or twice while getting whooped in the playoffs.

POND_OF_RED 11-11-2022 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Womble (Post 16595187)
Congrats to him then. That's the equivalent of being a Falcon and winning the NFC South once or twice while getting whooped in the playoffs.

No…that’s more appropriate for an England comparison. You know the team that has won every single friendly against the US, but has yet to get anything more than a draw when they face off against us in a match that matters.

Eleazar 11-11-2022 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleThreat (Post 16594988)
Huh? He started the friendly against numberg in the summer and has since recorded multiple clean sheets in his recent starts with arsenal? I don’t follow arsenal but I had seen him playing on some highlights and the information I just provided was from a quick google search

Arsenal’s goalkeeper is Ramsdale, who is England’s third choice goalkeeper. Turner is Ramsdale’s backup.

Womble 11-11-2022 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 16595243)
No…that’s more appropriate for an England comparison. You know the team that has won every single friendly against the US, but has yet to get anything more than a draw when they face off against us in a match that matters.

Really weird take. One draw and you're spouting this? I'm surprised to hear this on here because it reeks of a Raiders loser mentality. You're supposed to be the United States of America - the big boys who only accept the best. Even though 'soccer' isn't one of your main sports it's absolutely cringe to brag about meaningless wins against third world countries and one single draw against us.

POND_OF_RED 11-11-2022 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Womble (Post 16595330)
Really weird take. One draw and you're spouting this? I'm surprised to hear this on here because it reeks of a Raiders loser mentality. You're supposed to be the United States of America - the big boys who only accept the best. Even though 'soccer' isn't one of your main sports it's absolutely cringe to brag about meaningless wins against third world countries and one single draw against us.

We have a draw and a win against England in the World Cup. Do you know anything about soccer bud?

You’ll be the oracle of this thread??? Get the **** out of here kid. You don’t even know anything about the history of your own squad LMAO:LOL:

Womble 11-11-2022 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 16595350)
We have a draw and a win against England in the World Cup. Do you know anything about soccer bud?

You’ll be the oracle of this thread??? Get the **** out of here kid. You don’t even know anything about the history of your own squad LMAO:LOL:

As I said, a proper loser Raiders mentality. You're using a result from 1950 (lmao) to justify your non relevance.

POND_OF_RED 11-11-2022 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Womble (Post 16595363)
As I said, a proper loser Raiders mentality. You're using a result from 1950 (lmao) to justify your non relevance.

As if being the soccer version of the Chargers is any better. All hype- no glory. Good luck!

Also, I’ll allow you to use any year to re-establish your relevance if you can find the last time you beat us in anything other than a friendly. Wars included.