ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Where do the Chiefs stand in the Division? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=343100)

comochiefsfan 03-23-2022 10:40 AM

Where do the Chiefs stand in the Division?

This hurts.

We're clearly behind LA now and probably even with Denver and Vegas.

Hopefully we make the playoffs next year. This blows.

ChiefsCountry 03-23-2022 10:41 AM

Kill yourself ASAP

Bearcat 03-23-2022 10:42 AM

They'll probably have to move to the NFCE, tbh

Simply Red 03-23-2022 10:52 AM

Bump this thread in about 90 days. RN nobody knows.

Red Dawg 03-23-2022 10:57 AM

Right now 3rd. Our roster is lacking bad.

Baby Lee 03-23-2022 10:57 AM

People viciously attacked me. My characterization of the Chiefs as the cast of Entourage was on point.

A middle of the pack to lower TEAM with a cheat code at QB.

But that's what fans clamored for, because building a TEAM fell short.

Well, it's inarguably that now. . . . Vinny Chase and a shitload of Turtles ubering it around. . . Hope Medillin is a BLOCKBUSTER!!

ChiTown 03-23-2022 11:01 AM

LOL - step away from the ledge. It’s going to be ok

Pepe Silvia 03-23-2022 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16208465)
People viciously attacked me. My characterization of the Chiefs as the cast of Entourage was on point.

Well, it's inarguably that now. . . . Vinny Chase and a shitload of Turtles ubering it around. . . Hope Medillin is a BLOCKBUSTER!!

Lol I just watched entourage last night.

louie aguiar 03-23-2022 11:04 AM

Rebuilding year. It sucks that Kelce will be 33 next season and we will have a huge hole at TE soon in addition to all the other holes on this team.

ChiefsCountry 03-23-2022 11:05 AM

Quote:

Douchebag still slurping Alex Smith

Bearcat 03-23-2022 11:06 AM

Quote:

FFS. LMAO

ToxSocks 03-23-2022 11:06 AM

Right now? The Chiefs may have the worst team in the division on paper.

Good thing the season doesn't start right now.

Baby Lee 03-23-2022 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 16208535)
Douchebag still slurping Alex Smith

**** you!!! **** off and DIE!!

Alex isn't anywhere near this discussion. This is about the TEAM you put around a franchise QB, which is a load of mediocrity for the Chiefs.

But I understand, when you don't have a rebuttal, change the subject.

CupidStunt 03-23-2022 11:08 AM

Judging KC before it spends a bunch more money or uses its ton of draft picks is like judging Denver before Russ or the Raiders before Adams. Like grading someone's test after they've answered half the questions in half the time limit.

So what's the ****ing point?

God, 2022 social media/hot take/whatever society is pure cancer.

Sofa King 03-23-2022 11:08 AM

We'll still crush Vegas, but at best split with the other two. Likely to get beat a lot next year.

Chitownchiefsfan 03-23-2022 11:10 AM

Quote:

I'm surprised your keyboard works with all that drool on it.

Bearcat 03-23-2022 11:11 AM

Seriously, go ****ing find a team to root for that doesn't pay the most important position in all of sports stupid money because they don't have generational talent at the position... but tHeY cAn BuIlD a CoMpLeTe TeAm!

They won't win any SBs, as demonstrated by fifty ****ing years of that strategy, but hey...

ChiTown 03-23-2022 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupidStunt (Post 16208551)
Judging KC before it spends a bunch more money or uses its ton of draft picks is like judging Denver before Russ or the Raiders before Adams. Like grading someone's test after they've answered half the questions in half the time limit.

THIS - can we, at the very least, wait until training camp starts and see who is on the roster before we start kicking dirt on the Chiefs Coffin? I’m going to go ahead and trust the guys inside this Franchise that have won a SB been to another, as well as 4 straight AFGCG’s.

Baby Lee 03-23-2022 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16208577)
Seriously, go ****ing find a team to root for that doesn't pay the most important position in all of sports stupid money because they don't have generational talent at the position... but tHeY cAn BuIlD a CoMpLeTe TeAm!

They won't win any SBs, as demonstrated by fifty ****ing years of that strategy, but hey...

That SB they won came off; that QB, a RB who is gone and replaced with shit-all and a miraculous bacon-saving play to the WR who is gone and replaced with shit-all.

Tyreek saved our shit every bit as much as Mahomes has over every bit of the run of success [Ravens game, Browns game, Bills playoff game, SB, . . a whole lot of '**** it, Tyreek down there somewhere.']. And when Mahomes and Tyreek and Kelce weren't dragging that shit out of the fire, the rest of the team with a bundle of mediocrity with periods of near historic incompetence. . . . This defense SET all-time records for ineptitude last year, and we kept the biggest anchor in Clark and jettisoned out biggest safety valve in Tyreek.

Oh, and where is the expiration date on the tired and insulting 'herp, derp, fINd AnoTHer TEAm if yoU'Re disAPPOINTed' bullshit, because apparently OVER 30 effing YEARS of steadfast fandom is insufficient for your standards.

-King- 03-23-2022 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 16208613)
THIS - can we, at the very least, wait until training camp starts and see who is on the roster before we start kicking dirt on the Chiefs Coffin? I’m going to go ahead and trust the guys inside this Franchise that have won a SB been to another, as well as 4 straight AFGCG’s.

So let's shut down the forum until then.

I don't get why it's bad to judge how a season or off season is going SO FAR. And people only say this when an off season is going bad. If the chiefs had been having a good off season, no one would be like "Can't judge the moves now. Just wait until training camp, they could **** it up between now and then."

Bearcat 03-23-2022 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16208624)
That SB they won came off; that QB, a RB who is gone and replaced with shit-all and a miraculous bacon-saving play to the WR who is gone and replaced with shit-all.

Tyreek saved our shit every bit as much as Mahomes has over every bit of the run of success [Ravens game, Browns game, Bills playoff game, SB, . . a whole lot of '**** it, Tyreek down there somewhere.]. And when Mahomes and Tyreek and Kelce weren't dragging that shit out of the fire, the rest of the team with a bundle of mediocrity with periods of near historic incompetence. . . . This defense SET all-time records for ineptitude last year, and we kept the biggest anchor in Clark and jettisoned out biggest safety valve in Tyreek.

Yeah, and they were one OT possession away from another SB appearance.

I'm not putting on rose colored glasses for the trade... of course it sucks and it's probably the last thing the Chiefs wanted to do this offseason.

I'll personally take the trade off of winning a SB and being in the conversation most years over winning 10 or 11 games and then hoping in one hand and shitting in the other to see which one fills up first.

I'd much rather see this kind of tough decision than deciding which OT to take in this year's draft.

Your whole hyperbole shtick of being viciously attacked is just so ****ing old because you're no more right today than you have been ever on the topic.... if the recent past isn't good enough, then stop watching football or watch another team.

The constant impending doom on this board for the unknowns of the future makes this fanbase look so ****ing stupid.... yeah, today sucks. Can we maybe not extrapolate every second of the day into the infinite future like it's already written in stone, for apparently the sake of wanting to constantly have something to bitch about?

I dunno, just a thought.

ChiTown 03-23-2022 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 16208693)
So let's shut down the forum until then.

I don't get why it's bad to judge how a season or off season is going SO FAR. And people only say this when an off season is going bad. If the chiefs had been having a good off season, no one would be like "Can't judge the moves now. Just wait until training camp, they could **** it up between now and then."

Talk all you want - that’s why the forum exists. All I said is maybe let’s not bury the Chiefs until we know what we get in return for all of this.

Aspengc8 03-23-2022 11:40 AM

It's March folks.. grab a beer and relax LOL.

Wisconsin_Chief 03-23-2022 11:51 AM

I said it in a previous thread and I’ll say it again, this place has gone from one extreme to the next in a matter of 4 years. From expecting the absolute worst “because Chiefs” to basically 80% of us thinking the front office is infallible and we’re absolutely invincible as a franchise because we have a great QB.

Well guess what? Any last thread of magic this organization had is gone with this trade. They absolutely were not expecting it and have no plan to replace the most dynamic playmaker in football. There’s no magic fix out there. To pretend losing Tyreek Hill out of nowhere is just no big deal and you’re a moron to question otherwise is just plain ridiculous.

We’re almost to the NFL draft and this team has gotten drastically worse. Not just a little, a lot. Every other team in our division has gotten drastically better. Not just a little, a lot. Like it or not, we’re in serious trouble as it stands right now. Nobody we draft with our late first round picks is going to change that.

Whatever, we had a nice run and I’m sure (at least I hope) there will be more to come under Pat. However, there is no guarantee of that. Ask the Seahawks, or the Packers, or the Saints, or the Falcons. It’s not that goddamn easy. It’s just not.

comochiefsfan 03-23-2022 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 16208843)
I said it in a previous thread and I’ll say it again, this place has gone from one extreme to the next in a matter of 4 years. From expecting the absolute worst “because Chiefs” to basically 80% of us thinking the front office is infallible and we’re absolutely invincible as a franchise because we have a great QB.

Well guess what? Any last thread of magic this organization had is gone with this trade. They absolutely were not expecting it and have no plan to replace the most dynamic playmaker in football. There’s no magic fix out there. To pretend losing Tyreek Hill out of nowhere is just no big deal and you’re a moron to question otherwise is just plain ridiculous.

We’re almost to the NFL draft and this team has gotten drastically worse. Not just a little, a lot. Every other team in our division has gotten drastically better. Not just a little, a lot. Like it or not, we’re in serious trouble as it stands right now. Nobody we draft with our late first round picks is going to change that.

Whatever, we had a nice run and I’m sure (at least I hope) there will be more to come under Pat. However, there is no guarantee of that. Ask the Seahawks, or the Packers, or the Saints, or the Falcons. It’s not that goddamn easy. It’s just not.

This is where I'm at too.

The return is simply not enough.

Tyreek is a unicorn. One of one. Brett let himself get fleeced here. His skill set should've demanded multiple 1sts.

I really don't understand what the plan is.

Bearcat 03-23-2022 11:58 AM

For YEARS I would get defensive at the whole "some people won't ever be happy!" because it was typically said when they Chiefs were 3-0 or during some other meaningless regular season streak.

Why don't we wait until the Chiefs actually win something important before we say some people are completely incapable of being happy.

Some people are completely incapable of being happy.

Baby Lee 03-23-2022 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 16208843)

wHy Don'T you QuIT roOTInG for SPurtS, then!! If that's how you feel.

backinblack 03-23-2022 11:59 AM

they'll be 6th in the div, that's how bad they now are.

Eureka 03-23-2022 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 16208305)
This hurts.

Wait.... The team that didn't make the playoffs last year is now possibly #1.

Aren't the Chargers #1 about this time of the year every year?

Chris Meck 03-23-2022 12:00 PM

right now? probably 3rd.

By September? First or second.

By January? First, and all you crybabies will act like you knew it all along.

-King- 03-23-2022 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16208899)
For YEARS I would get defensive at the whole "some people won't ever be happy!" because it was typically said when they Chiefs were 3-0 or during some other meaningless regular season streak.

Why don't we wait until the Chiefs actually win something important before we say some people are completely incapable of being happy.

Why should people be happy about trading Hill?

comochiefsfan 03-23-2022 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 16208929)

This bugs the hell out of me about this place.

Not everyone needs to be happy about every single thing. Not every move is good.

I get that were all homers here but it's OK if people are pissed off about this move. It's highly questionable to say the least.

Chris Meck 03-23-2022 12:04 PM

when you're standing alongside DTVietnam and Como, you should probably take a look at yourself.

Bearcat 03-23-2022 12:05 PM

Quote:

Something bad happens ≠ the worst will continue to happen forever

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16208705)
The constant impending doom on this board for the unknowns of the future makes this fanbase look so ****ing stupid.... yeah, today sucks. Can we maybe not extrapolate every second of the day into the infinite future like it's already written in stone, for apparently the sake of wanting to constantly have something to bitch about?

I dunno, just a thought.

Wisconsin_Chief 03-23-2022 12:06 PM

Quote:

Because Mahomes. In Veach We Trust. You know, things like that.

Losing the most explosive playmaker in football would be a big deal to most teams, but not your mighty and invincible Chiefs! :rolleyes:

alpha_omega 03-23-2022 12:06 PM

At the top until someone proves otherwise.

Bearcat 03-23-2022 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 16208945)

Not everyone needs to be happy about every single thing. Not every move is good.

I get that were all homers here but it's OK if people are pissed off about this move. It's highly questionable to say the least.

lol, but you and several others are weeping vaginas about EVERYTHING.

It has nothing to do with rose colored glasses and everything to do with how people go full reerun about every little thing that happens and extrapolates it into the worst possible future..... some people are actually capable of accepting bad things happen and even being angry about those things without being a ****ing reerun about it.

Baby Lee 03-23-2022 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16208899)

I was told for decades my satisfaction with signs of quality play or cohesion or improvement or . . . whatever sports is about, was a stain on my worth as a fan, because everything short of SBs is utter failure . . . So I tried to accommodate these standards, and now that we see how hard a SB is, I'm now being told that expecting SBs 'all the time' is utter failure and a stain on my fandom as well.

I have utter faith in Mahomes. I had utter faith in Tyreek and Kelce. I said regularly if I was starting a franchise from scratch, I'd take Mahomes and Tyreek before even Reid, Veach, Arrowhead, KC, or any other aspect/characteristic/touchstone of a franchise property. I meant that.

Reid and Veach and Spags have NOT earned that blind trust, not with the failures that have been interspersed with our successes, and not with Mahomes and Tyreek clouding objective assessment of the franchise as a whole with shit-saving theatrics.

This isn't Bilichek molding a dynasty to the personnel on-hand with creativity and flexibility. Time will tell if they eventually demonstrate their own form of genius and creativity OUTSIDE of drafting a generational QB.

It will be interesting to see what develops over the next few years, but this was supposed to be the window where we TAKE ADVANTAGE of a young generational QB on the roster, not rebuild to make up for mistakes and failures already apparent.

Mile High Mania 03-23-2022 12:10 PM

Short term... I think KC is no longer a 'no brainer' pick to win the division this season. Long term ... could really set this team up incredibly well if the right picks are made.

Mahomes can win with anyone, so they'll maintain double digit wins... but, it's a much harder road until they replace Hill with a high caliber dude.

Bearcat 03-23-2022 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16208992)
I was told for decades my satisfaction with signs of quality play or cohesion or improvement or . . . whatever sports is about, was a stain on my worth as a fan, because everything short of SBs is utter failure . . . So I tried to accommodate these standards, and now that we see how hard a SB is, I'm now being told that expecting SBs 'all the time' is utter failure and a stain on my fandom as well.

Seems like you listened to some morons, so that's unfortunate.

TEX 03-23-2022 12:12 PM

1. Chargers
2. Raiders
3. KC
4. Donx
That's how I see it now. Trading Reek was foolish. Varch is full of himself on this one. Sorry, just no silver lining for me. Hill was the best game-changer in the league. Now gone. You don't replace that.

Baby Lee 03-23-2022 12:13 PM

Quote:

Because SB, . . .

https://c.tenor.com/NcnMXggTODAAAAAC...berberries.gif

TEX 03-23-2022 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 16209001)
Short term... I think KC is no longer a 'no brainer' pick to win the division this season. Long term ... could really set this team up incredibly well if the right picks are made.

Mahomes can win with anyone, so they'll maintain double digit wins... but, it's a much harder road until they replace Hill with a high caliber dude.

No guarantees just cuz you have the draft pick. Trade normal good players in their prime, not future HOF'ers. Dumb trade..

Baby Lee 03-23-2022 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 16209016)
Seems like you listened to some morons, so that's unfortunate.

Yeah, listening to other people's advice on the quality of your fandom is probably full-on rerunned [though it apparently doesn't stop anyone from OFFERING IT, . . . /cough], . . but it's kind of the raison d'etre of this board's existence.

Time to close shop. Fan how you want at home alone.

Bearcat will mail out quarterly newsletters on proper fandom that you would be directly advised by him to ignore.

Gary Cooper 03-23-2022 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 16209024)
1. Chargers
2. Raiders
3. KC
4. Donx
That's how I see it now. Trading Reek was foolish. Varch is full of himself on this one. Sorry, just no silver lining for me. Hill was the best game-changer in the league. Now gone. You don't replace that.

The Chargers don't play a home game all season. How are they winning the division unless their talent far outweighs the other teams?

kcpasco 03-23-2022 12:16 PM

Chargers aren’t winning shit because they’re still the Chargers. They will find a way to screw up because it’s impossible for them not to.

BWillie 03-23-2022 12:17 PM

I mean unless you are a Chiefs homer, the odds the Chiefs win the division are certainly below 50%. They may be ON PAR with the Broncos or just below.

It's possible no team in the division has a good chance to win it just based on how good every team is.

Broncos 35%
Chiefs 30%
Chargers 25%
Raiders 10%

Wisconsin_Chief 03-23-2022 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 16209061)
It's possible no team in the division has a good chance to win it just based on how good every team is.

Broncos 35%
Chiefs 30%
Chargers 25%
Raiders 10%

That’s literally the perfect way to phrase it. There’s no favorite right now. It’s going to be a goddamn bloodbath.

ChiefsCountry 03-23-2022 12:23 PM

Chiefs have the best QB, best head coach, best TE, best OL, best front office and best ownership in the division. We will be fine.

Bearcat 03-23-2022 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16209048)
Yeah, listening to other people's advice on the quality of your fandom is probably full-on rerunned [though it apparently doesn't stop anyone from OFFERING IT, . . . /cough], . . but it's kind of the raison d'etre of this board's existence.

Time to close shop. Fan how you want at home alone.

Bearcat will mail out quarterly newsletters on proper fandom that you would be directly advised by him to ignore.

Oh, don't let me get in the way... by all means, if you want to soapbox every Chiefs move based off a 90s way of how to win in the NFL, or generally be a miserable "because Chiefs" type of fan, sweet.

You have every right to continue to show your ass and be wrong, nothing needed from me.

Apologies for offering an easy way to be less miserable, my bad. Continue wallowing.

dannybcaitlyn 03-23-2022 12:34 PM

I’ll say 3rd. Ju ju is our top receiver and he don’t even know the playbook. Takes a year and half to learn it!

TEX 03-23-2022 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudasRising20 (Post 16209051)
The Chargers don't play a home game all season. How are they winning the division unless their talent far outweighs the other teams?

You been paying attention to their off season moves this far? They have talent.

TTUMahomes5 03-23-2022 12:39 PM

1st

wbbonneriii 03-23-2022 12:40 PM

Man the chiefs have been decimated!

Fishels 03-23-2022 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 16208945)

Nah man trading a face of the franchise and the best WR is a good thing when the AFC west is literally the best it’s ever been and Tyreek hill a freak of nature. can’t you just have blind faith in those picks and see how stupid you are?/s

Hammock Parties 03-23-2022 12:58 PM

3rd right now

we have a shit defense, a bunch of average weapons on offense, aging kelce and mahomes

we're pretty ****ed as it stands

rocknrolla 03-23-2022 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupidStunt (Post 16208551)
Judging KC before it spends a bunch more money or uses its ton of draft picks is like judging Denver before Russ or the Raiders before Adams. Like
grading someone's test after they've answered half the questions in half the time limit.

Exactly!!(

Imon Yourside 03-23-2022 01:08 PM

Chiefsplanet jumps off bridge...welp the bandwagon is easier to pull I guess.

ThaVirus 03-23-2022 01:09 PM

Quote:

People viciously attacked me.

OMG lol it's the ****ing internet. Go outside and cry about it, you pussy.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-23-2022 01:10 PM

They still have the best QB, the best coach, the best TE, and the best OL in the division with a ton of draft capital.

But feel free to panic.

KChiefs1 03-23-2022 01:14 PM

Where do the Chiefs stand in the Division?

Quote:

This hurts.

The season doesn’t start until September though. Plenty of time to get players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock Parties 03-23-2022 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 16209393)
They still have the best QB, the best coach, the best TE, and the best OL in the division with a ton of draft capital.

But feel free to panic.

We're about to be the 2002 Chiefs, perennially, unless Veach nails his picks on defense.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-23-2022 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16209427)
We're about to be the 2002 Chiefs, perennially, unless Veach nails his picks on defense.

That's insane. There are already multiple guys on the defense right now that are better than anyone on the 2002 Chiefs defense, and Mahomes is just a touch better than Trent Green.

ChiTown 03-23-2022 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16209427)

LMAO

Hammock Parties 03-23-2022 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 16209447)
That's insane. There are already multiple guys on the defense right now that are better than anyone on the 2002 Chiefs defense, and Mahomes is just a touch better than Trent Green.

This offense will substantially worse than that offense.

You're probably looking at a .500 team this year.

smithandrew051 03-23-2022 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16209466)

Reid went 9-7 without a TD being thrown to a WR

Mile High Mania 03-23-2022 01:24 PM

I think Andy realized what happened when Denver traded for Wilson and he was like "holy shitballs... I gotta rebuild now, use the excuse that the division is better and rebuild now".

LMAO

Baby Lee 03-23-2022 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 16209385)
OMG lol it's the ****ing internet. Go outside and cry about it, you pussy.

Archiving, for the next time the biggest weepy-titty-baby on CP starts weeping about something again eventually.

And FTR, I'm not 'crying' about the attacks of the past. But I am pointing out how wrong they were in their assessment, and how hypocritically many of them have shifted metrics now that it's not all sunshine and roses in their paradigm.

UK_Chief 03-23-2022 01:25 PM

Is it in alphabetical order ATM or?

ROYC75 03-23-2022 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16209466)

You wanna seek a trade to Miami too ?

Could send you to the Raiders orDonks?

Baby Lee 03-23-2022 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 16209473)
I think Andy realized what happened when Denver traded for Wilson and he was like "holy shitballs... I gotta rebuild now, use the excuse that the division is better and rebuild now".

LMAO

Oh yeah?!?! What's Wilson's record against Mahomes?!?!

ROFL ROFL

lawrenceRaider 03-23-2022 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 16209470)

In a crap division . . .

threebag 03-23-2022 01:32 PM

Quote:

This hurts.

Holy Shit, it’s Bart Scott

Hammock Parties 03-23-2022 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 16209470)

With a top 5 defense.

We are about to witness one of the most disappointing, "meh" teams of the Reid era.

You will all be checked out by November.

SixAlpha 03-23-2022 01:36 PM

Last in the division on paper today. Season doesn’t start today.

Bearcat 03-23-2022 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16209474)
Archiving, for the next time the biggest weepy-titty-baby on CP starts weeping about something again eventually.

And FTR, I'm not 'crying' about the attacks of the past. But I am pointing out how wrong they were in their assessment, and how hypocritically many of them have shifted metrics now that it's not all sunshine and roses in their paradigm.

The ironic part is that it IS sunshine and roses... everyone knows how a salary cap works and that if you pay your amazing QB stupid money, you can't pay other guys stupid money as well.

And every time you point out the apparent dumpster fire that is the Chiefs overall team, I point out the AFCCGs and SB appearances and SB win.

Nobody worth reading ever said the Chiefs would win every SB until Mahomes retires or there wouldn't be struggled to resign players, etc... none of that was ever a thing, and another ironic thing is it's actually you moving the goalposts due to your way of exaggerating things to impossible extremes.

The whole reason you give a franchise QB stupid money is because you want to be part of the SB conversion most years... and they've done that every year so far.

This IS the sunshine and roses, which doesn't mean there won't be shitty days... if you can't enjoy this ride despite not winning the SB every year, that doesn't make other people wrong, it just makes you miserable.

kstater 03-23-2022 01:40 PM

NFL is a QB league. So 1st until proven otherwise. It's a big loss. But not crippling.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Baby Lee 03-23-2022 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16209519)
With a top 5 defense.

We are about to witness one of the most disappointing, "meh" teams of the Reid era.

You will all be checked out by November.

We're steering into the skid of all of our coaching staff's shortcomings.

Turnover on D, holding onto high-priced disappointments.
Losing weapons on O because they were high-priced too.
Run blocking talent to maul, but no impulse to run the ball.

Now our biggest weapon outside QB is also our oldest weapon with the most miles.

Best scenario, they've learned from their past and have a plan to do everything over, except right.

Rasputin 03-23-2022 01:57 PM

Good ****ing God. This is probably the best deal for Chiefs especially for making it a Dynasty with Patrick. We vastly needed the youth movement and it's going to pay off.

How'd the Herschel Walker deal turn out for the Cowboys? This is going pay off and we can get rid of high cost FA and we can develop our own guys and if they want to leave well ~ bye

I hate to use the Patriots but this is exactly what Bill Bilichick would do because he wasn't going over pay someone and he would develop talent in the draft playing them during the season getting them ready for playoffs.

Yes initially it stings to lose a caliber WR like Tyreek Hill but he actually cost us some games because he is short and tipped balls that hand gifted interceptions. I still love him but he isn't going be a threat to us going to Miami holy shit what a stinker organization and he isn't going be happy not having a quarterback that gets him the ball in timing.

Tyreek production will go down in Miami. Chiefs have opportunity to get a stud WR and revamp our Defensive line and that includes a pass rusher.

I'm ****ing stoked for the picks we get. Hate to see Tyreek leave but I'm into winning championships and want guys who want to be here to be apart of that.

I think it's career suicide for Tyreek but this is good for Chiefs we can have cap money to negotiate with Orlando Brown and I think Chiefs value Orlando Brown more than Tyreek because it's a lot harder find a mauler stud LT like Orlando Brown than a nifty WR.

Youth gone wild is going be the theme of this team. Our division rivals all got old and desperate and gave up much draft stock so they are going have to pay those over priced FA or trades they got. I just don't see this being a down year Patick is too competitive and under Andy Reid when have we had a losing season? I think it's been a while. 5th most winning-est coach and the only active Coach that has more wins is Bill*Billichick.

**** THEY DOUBTERS WE GOT THIS WE WILL STILL COME OUT ON TOP

Our offensive line is going blow defenses up. I can't wait for Trey Smith pancake K Mack it's going happen and it's going be glorious.

Rasputin 03-23-2022 02:01 PM

Why am I not surprised #reerunedcomochiefsfan started this thread. What a reeruned pussy