ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Texans cut Phillip Lindsay (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=340952)

Hammock Parties 11-23-2021 10:43 AM

Texans cut Phillip Lindsay

SIGN HIM VERCH!

Chris Meck 11-23-2021 10:46 AM

don't say it.

CoMoChief 11-23-2021 10:46 AM

I've always liked Lindsay as a player.

I def think Chiefs should sign this guy.

Chris Meck 11-23-2021 10:48 AM

and there it is.

DJ's left nut 11-23-2021 10:48 AM

If he still has that speed that got him a look with Denver, I'd absolutely bring him in.

McKinnon appears hurt again and Gore/Williams are as JAG as JAG gets. The RB room needs speed. If Lindsay still has his, he's an element the team could really use.

Get him on the edge against these light boxes and he can still do some damage.

ToxSocks 11-23-2021 10:49 AM

LMAO

Dude is averaging 2.6 YPC.

Dunerdr 11-23-2021 10:49 AM

The final jag stone for our thanos glove thingy

Chris Meck 11-23-2021 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15972815)
LMAO

they never learn.

tyecopeland 11-23-2021 10:50 AM

I wouldn't be shocked if McKinnon has a longer term injury. That said, I have no interest.

BWillie 11-23-2021 10:52 AM

Quote:

LMAO

Usually I'd be with you. Our reclamation projects haven't gone great. But this guy is IN HIS PRIME at 27. He does have a low YPC but it's only on 50 carries and it's the ****ING TEXANS.

Career 4.6 ypc and he appears to be pretty shifty for the pass game usage.

If cheap, I'd release Josh Gordon and make a spot for this guy.

Sassy Squatch 11-23-2021 10:52 AM

Quote:

LMAO

Ingram went from 3.2 to 4.6 after being traded to the Saints. Don't really care whether we pick this guy up or not but they seem to be having some issues in Houston with all facets of the run game.

Sure-Oz 11-23-2021 10:53 AM

Yes

wazu 11-23-2021 10:58 AM

Get that man a uniform.

gblowfish 11-23-2021 10:58 AM

What does Phillip Gaines' mom think about this?

Hammock Parties 11-23-2021 11:00 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sure, Lindsay is the problem with the Texans rushing game ... <a href="https://t.co/N2Ae5IaoOe">pic.twitter.com/N2Ae5IaoOe</a></p>&mdash; Unconventionally Conventional (@UnconConven) <a href="https://twitter.com/UnconConven/status/1463186393945948164?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 23, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

carcosa 11-23-2021 11:01 AM

HWSTPOSY??????

DJ's left nut 11-23-2021 11:02 AM

Quote:

LMAO

I care about one thing and one thing only with him - hot, nasty, badass speed. That's it.

And I've seen a couple clips of cut and run plays where he still shows his burst. No, I'm not expecting him to pick through the line or do anything at all between the tackles.

I'm thinking about those outside zone looks that they tried to run with CEH earlier in the year and were failing miserably with Williams a couple of weeks ago. Plays where he can just find a corner and turn on the jets.

As a change of pace back, he presents something we just don't have right now. Especially if McKinnon's hamstring keeps him out at all. We have a bye week to get him up to speed w/ a limited playbook and hell, he may even have some knowledge we can use against the Broncos (though admittedly pretty unlikely).

I think it's a zero cost, no brainer of a move. Many of us (or at least me - repeatedly) have lamented the lack of speed in our backfield and how that keeps us from really threatening that cover 2 shell. Teams don't fear our running game because we just are not a threat to break a long run. Well Lindsay with just 5-6 carries/gm could occasionally pop one of those.

He's just a different animal than what we otherwise have.

tyecopeland 11-23-2021 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15972822)
Usually I'd be with you. Our reclamation projects haven't gone great. But this guy is IN HIS PRIME at 27. He does have a low YPC but it's only on 50 carries and it's the ****ING TEXANS.

Why? We aren't going to go with 5 rbs and a fb. If he'd get signed it's because one of the rbs goes. And the only one I see going is McKinnon to ir.

Marcellus 11-23-2021 11:03 AM

Don't want him, don't need him, cant use him.......

Skyy God 11-23-2021 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15972822)

Running backs only last 3 years on average.

ToxSocks 11-23-2021 11:05 AM

Hrmm....yeah i didnt realize the Texans are just where RB's go to die. Legs look live here, albeit even Gore would make this play.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_Ib-OEVw8eI" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Skyy God 11-23-2021 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15972859)
I care about one thing and one thing only with him - hot, nasty, badass speed. That's it.

And I've seen a couple clips of cut and run plays where he still shows his burst. No, I'm not expecting him to pick through the line or do anything at all between the tackles.

I'm thinking about those outside zone looks that they tried to run with CEH earlier in the year and were failing miserably with Williams a couple of weeks ago. Plays where he can just find a corner and turn on the jets.

As a change of pace back, he presents something we just don't have right now. Especially if McKinnon's hamstring keeps him out at all. We have a bye week to get him up to speed w/ a limited playbook and hell, he may even have some knowledge we can use against the Broncos (though admittedly pretty unlikely).

I think it's a zero cost, no brainer of a move. Many of us (or at least me - repeatedly) have lamented the lack of speed in our backfield and how that keeps us from really threatening that cover 2 shell. Teams don't fear our running game because we just are not a threat to break a long run. Well Lindsay with just 5-6 carries/gm could occasionally pop one of those.

He's just a different animal than what we otherwise have.

He’s gotta make it to our waiver position first.

DJ's left nut 11-23-2021 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyecopeland (Post 15972860)
Why? We aren't going to go with 5 rbs and a fb. If he'd get signed it's because one of the rbs goes. And the only one I see going is McKinnon to ir.

Yup - it would be at McKinnon's expense. Though I believe Toub does use McKinnon on at least a couple of the STs packages. And lord knows we can't move on from any of Toub's guys.

I think Gore was already inactive last week with CEH's return otherwise he'd be the guy to get rid of, IMO. But if you activate 3 and McKinnon is hurt, Lindsay is a natural replacement for him.

RunKC 11-23-2021 11:08 AM

Broncos insider from back in March.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I talk to enough people around the NFL to know that Phillip Lindsay is going to get plenty of attention now that he&#39;s tendered original round RFA. One person today told me <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> would &#39;welcome Lindsay with open arms&#39; and &#39;know what to do w/him&#39; - <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Broncos</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/1043TheFan?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@1043TheFan</a></p>&mdash; Cecil Lammey (@CecilLammey) <a href="https://twitter.com/CecilLammey/status/1371975824040022018?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 17, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DJ's left nut 11-23-2021 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 15972870)
He’s gotta make it to our waiver position first.

He'd cost about $1 million on the cap for a team claiming him. For a non-contender, why would you bother?

The Bills seem content with what they have. I guess the Ravens could be a fit, but Freeman's been oddly adequate for them. Raiders don't need him, Chargers wouldn't either. Titans are behind us, as are the Patriots (I think).

Unless someone is willing to throw $1 million in cap space at a pure 'block' move (which isn't impossible), I don't see any team that's likely to put a claim in. Maybe the Rams? But Henderson has been pretty decent. The Cardinals with Edmonds dinged up? I don't recall the waiver order, but some of those teams are likely behind us anyway.

In the end I think he'll clear outright anyway.

chiefforlife 11-23-2021 11:13 AM

The Texans completely misused him, their O line is awful. As someone stated, look at Ingrams stats once leaving.

We dont have anyone like him on the roster, kind of thought McKinnon was going to be that guy but he never did anything and now hes hurt.

Lindsay is fast and he makes people miss. He could be a really good addition to this RB group. Also the timing is perfect, we have an extra week to incorporate him into the offense.

Our next game is the Broncos! Would be great to have him help us beat them. HA!

I would definitely take a chance on him.

Direckshun 11-23-2021 11:17 AM

How is he in pass protection?

Because while I completely agree with DJLN and I'd love to have his speed on this roster, Reid's simply not going to play him unless he can block.

DJ's left nut 11-23-2021 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 15972897)

Because while I completely agree with DJLN and I'd love to have his speed on this roster, Reid's simply not going to play him unless he can block.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...08/121/43f.gif

This would easily be the biggest issue. He's a pretty poor pass blocker. The major question would ultimately be if, as a veteran player, he's at least a WILLING pass blocker.

I don't need a RB pancaking fools, but he's gotta know where to go and be willing to get there. Just stand in someone's way and that's good enough for me.

chiefforlife 11-23-2021 11:20 AM

Quote:

Good point! Not really sure about that.

They could line him up as a slot WR though. He can catch and make people miss.

ToxSocks 11-23-2021 11:21 AM

Quote:

Bah, who cares. He's going to be a very game plan specific back for us anyway. He's not coming in to be an every down back. If he sucks at it they simply won't ask him to do it.

Direckshun 11-23-2021 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15972903)
Bah, who cares. He's going to be a very game plan specific back for us anyway. He's not coming in to be an every down back. If he sucks at it they simply won't ask him to do it.

Then that cues the defense what the play is.

ToxSocks 11-23-2021 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 15972906)
Then that cues the defense what the play is.

No it doesn't.

TinyEvel 11-23-2021 11:26 AM

CJ McBell?

DJ's left nut 11-23-2021 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefforlife (Post 15972900)
Good point! Not really sure about that.

They could line him up as a slot WR though. He can catch and make people miss.

Nope - he's never had great hands.

Again, I'm not talking about a difference maker here. I'm talking about someone you put out there for maybe 15 snaps/gm. Probably more like 10. Give Clyde 35-40 snaps, Williams 15-20 and Lindsay around 10-15. Figure 65-70 snaps/gm most games if you're moving the ball okay.

And in those 10-15 snaps you use motion, etc... to try to freeze defenders (who again, aren't blitzing Mahomes anyway these days) and run some misdirection stuff to get him out on the edges.

His speed could absolutely be useful - just take him for what he is (purely a scat-back) and not for what he's not (any sort of all-purpose weapon or potential bellcow).

Why Not? 11-23-2021 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15972818)
they never learn.

It’s uncanny. I’m shocked many here don’t want to sign Rae Carruth.

HemiEd 11-23-2021 11:43 AM

Quote:

LMAO

I think the CP Lexicon comes into play here. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310447

Several items may apply but these two seem close:
NFL Caliber Talent: Something KC does not have, especially at 'key' positions, that all other NFL Franchises are teeming with.

Kick the Tires: An expression used by geniouses who have the increbile idea to bring EVERY SINGLE player that gets cut, waived, or has played a single down in the NFL or even looked strong stocking shelves at home depot in for a look and a tryout with the Chiefs. No one has ever thought of that before.

KChiefs1 11-23-2021 11:51 AM

Veach knows nothing about RB’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mile High Mania 11-23-2021 12:00 PM

I like Lindsay and think he can probably have his pick from a few options at this point. It's not like he just went to HOU and forgot how to play.

Two 1k yard seasons and 16 rushing TDs in his first 2 seasons with Denver, then Gordon comes in and his production is cut in half on yards. Kid goes from catching 35 each of those first 2 years to 7 with Gordon.

Then, he moves on to HOU and that was never an ideal situation.

I could see him being a very nice addition for the Patriots, Chiefs, Packers, Bills, Cardinals, Titans... even the Bucs. Why wouldn't any of those teams want to add his upside at this point in the season? And, they can get him cheap.

Otter 11-23-2021 12:03 PM

Maybe he'll give Josh Gordon a run for his money at production.

ThyKingdomCome15 11-23-2021 12:04 PM

Pass unless an injury occurs.

MahomesMagic 11-23-2021 12:04 PM

Good player, kind of a misfit toy.

Very good inside zone runner who is tiny.

He also has limited versatility in the passing game.

So teams that will run him inside against light boxes (Chiefs?) could benefit but don't think he's something he's not.

ChiefBlueCFC 11-23-2021 12:11 PM

How many posts to delete this thread?

AdolfOliverBush 11-23-2021 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15972876)
Broncos insider from back in March.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I talk to enough people around the NFL to know that Phillip Lindsay is going to get plenty of attention now that he&#39;s tendered original round RFA. One person today told me <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> would &#39;welcome Lindsay with open arms&#39; and &#39;know what to do w/him&#39; - <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Broncos</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/1043TheFan?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@1043TheFan</a></p>&mdash; Cecil Lammey (@CecilLammey) <a href="https://twitter.com/CecilLammey/status/1371975824040022018?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 17, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That one person = Lindsay's mom.

Chief Pagan 11-23-2021 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC (Post 15973023)
How many posts to delete this thread?

44 and counting?

poolboy 11-23-2021 12:45 PM

pull the trigger Burch

Gravedigger 11-23-2021 12:51 PM

You have to place a bet on whether Philip Lindsey can reclaim his old form. For a RB, that's a tall order that I would be okay if we passed on. We don't need to get every FA and a 3rd string RB when he comes in won't help this team. You have a two headed attack with DW and Clyde already, Lindsey would be the Mecole Hardman of our RB's, and we don't need another Mecole Hardman.

Direckshun 11-23-2021 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15972910)
No it doesn't.

Ever played sports?

ToxSocks 11-23-2021 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 15973132)
Ever played sports?

Sports have evolved since 1969.

Again, he won't be a feature back. He'll be a player that has a small handful of scripted plays every week.

No one will be keying in on Lindsay as some sort of tell as to what the offense is doing. You're acting like this a 30+ touch back whom teams will be watching for tendencies.

They'll be keying off Lindsay about as much as they key off of Noah freakin' Gray. Less even.

Iconic 11-23-2021 01:34 PM

OH MY GOD **** YEAAAAAAA SIGN TTTHTIS BITTTTCHCHCHC

Direckshun 11-23-2021 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15973140)
Sports have evolved since 1969.

Again, he won't be a feature back. He'll be a player that has a small handful of scripted plays every week.

No one will be keying in on Lindsay as some sort of tell as to what the offense is doing. You're acting like this a 30+ touch back whom teams will be watching for tendencies.

They'll be keying off Lindsay about as much as they key off of Noah freakin' Gray. Less even.

Buddy, c'mon.

If he has a small handful of scripted plays every week, that will cue the defense.

This isn't difficult. When you play sports, you constantly take cues, and if there's a guy who can't dribble or pass or handle the ball well or does one or two things exceptionally well, you key up on it.

Pitt Gorilla 11-23-2021 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15972814)
If he still has that speed that got him a look with Denver, I'd absolutely bring him in.

McKinnon appears hurt again and Gore/Williams are as JAG as JAG gets. The RB room needs speed. If Lindsay still has his, he's an element the team could really use.

Get him on the edge against these light boxes and he can still do some damage.

So, why would the Texans release him? That'd be my first concern.

jd1020 11-23-2021 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15973198)

Texans went out of their way and traded their #1 receiver when they were competing for a SB. Not saying that Linday is some kind of stud that wasn't used properly, but the Texans judgement in these types of moves shouldn't be taken seriously.

tyecopeland 11-23-2021 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 15973189)
Buddy, c'mon.

If he has a small handful of scripted plays every week, that will cue the defense.

This isn't difficult. When you play sports, you constantly take cues, and if there's a guy who can't dribble or pass or handle the ball well or does one or two things exceptionally well, you key up on it.

What is it going to key? That he's not going to be blocking? That doesn't mean anything. Half our plays are rpo's anyway. I'm not for signing him but this is a dumb argument.

Jewish Rabbi 11-23-2021 01:47 PM

Looks like he brings his lunch pail to work half the time.

ToxSocks 11-23-2021 01:49 PM

Quote:

Buddy, c'mon.

Oh JFC

The Chiefs mix up their specialty package plays every damn week. They rarely run the same play twice, and when they do, they run it out of different looks.

Lindsay can pass block well enough. He can chip. He can run out for a route. They can throw a screen to him. Fake a screen to him. Play action to him. Run him left. Run him right. Run him up the centers ass.

Quit acting like the only thing Lindsay can do is run up the center's ass. And quit acting like the Chiefs aren't exceptional at masking their plays. And quit acting like defenses are going to key in on a guy that MIGHT see 10 snaps a game.

Quit with this dumb, bullshit ass argument that feels like you're just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Or yea, sure Direkshun. The only thing Lindsay can do is run the ball and everytime he's on the field the Chiefs will hand it off to him. For sure dude. Whatever you say.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/LVIbmaUwpRJ1C" width="480" height="341" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/thumbs-up-sarcastic-LVIbmaUwpRJ1C"

ToxSocks 11-23-2021 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyecopeland (Post 15973218)
What is it going to key? That he's not going to be blocking? That doesn't mean anything. Half our plays are rpo's anyway.

More concise than i could put it.

kysirsoze 11-23-2021 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 15973005)
Pass unless an injury occurs.

.... It already has.

Direckshun 11-23-2021 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15973224)
Oh JFC

The Chiefs mix up their specialty package plays every damn week. They rarely run the same play twice, and when they do, they run it out of different looks.

Lindsay can pass block well enough. He can chip. He can run out for a route. They can throw a screen to him. Fake a screen to him. Play action to him. Run him left. Run him right. Run him up the centers ass.

Quit acting like the only thing Lindsay can do is run up the center's ass. And quit acting like the Chiefs aren't exceptional at masking their plays. And quit acting like defenses are going to key in on a guy that MIGHT see 10 snaps a game.

Quit with this dumb, bullshit ass argument that feels like you're just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Or yea, sure Direkshun. The only thing Lindsay can do is run the ball and everytime he's on the field the Chiefs will hand it off to him. For sure dude. Whatever you say.

You're quoting a bunch of stuff here that I'm not saying.

The entirety of which:

The Chiefs are not beyond being figured out. Defenses have figured them out much of this season.

Reid prefers RBs that can block, because it gives him an extra wrinkle to counter DCs. Lacking the ability to block is a signal to a competent DC that a section of the Chiefs playbook can be safely ignored when he's the RB in the huddle.

If Lindsay can't block, than he's not going to get snaps on this team.

That is the entirety of my position, and it's pretty much indisputable. Claiming I've said anything outside that position is incorrect.

Hammock Parties 11-23-2021 02:03 PM

We could actually run the ball outside with Lindsay for a change. Outside zone and pitch plays would add a whole new facet to our running game.

tyecopeland 11-23-2021 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15973254)
We could actually run the ball outside with Lindsay for a change. Outside zone and pitch plays would add a whole new facet to our running game.

We could've been doing that with McKinnon. We haven't.

ToxSocks 11-23-2021 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 15973245)
You're quoting a bunch of stuff here that I'm not saying.

The entirety of which:

The Chiefs are not beyond being figured out. Defenses have figured them out much of this season.

Reid prefers RBs that can block, because it gives him an extra wrinkle to counter DCs. Lacking the ability to block is a signal to a competent DC that a section of the Chiefs playbook can be safely ignored when he's the RB in the huddle.

If Lindsay can't block, than he's not going to get snaps on this team.

That is the entirety of my position, and it's pretty much indisputable. Claiming I've said anything outside that position is incorrect.

Who said Lindsay can't block. It might not be his "thing", but can't and not great at it are two different things.

You think Lindsay made it this far in the league being completely incapable of blocking?

This is a dumb, pointless argument, dude. You took a chance to preach on a pedestal but you fell off face first.

ToxSocks 11-23-2021 02:24 PM

"If a WR had stumps instead of hands, he can't catch and therefore won't get any snaps. That's all im saying"

-Direkshun

DJ's left nut 11-23-2021 02:24 PM

Quote:

The Texans are a stupid organization.

I mean a far FAR smarter organization in the Steelers essentially gave us Melvin Ingram despite playing us later in the year AND possibly needing to stay ahead of us for a playoff spot.

Sometimes teams do dumb stuff.

DJ's left nut 11-23-2021 02:27 PM

Quote:

Buddy, c'mon.

The question is less about what he may key, but what exactly they can do about it. More critically, what Andy can then do about it.

If they start crashing anytime they see Lindsay in there, it's gonna take about 30 seconds for Andy to put in an RPO look off that and get Kelce or Hill free in space.

This isn't like Gore, who will identify that we're going to run the ball in the same way we would otherwise run the ball. This is a guy who is a changeup in his own right. And if you respond to his presence on the field, Andy's going to respond back.

I'm not terribly worried about telegraphing what we'd be doing with Lindsay if only because Reid can even use THAT to his advantage.

DJ's left nut 11-23-2021 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyecopeland (Post 15973218)
What is it going to key? That he's not going to be blocking? That doesn't mean anything. Half our plays are rpo's anyway. I'm not for signing him but this is a dumb argument.

Or I could've just said 'this'

scho63 11-23-2021 02:46 PM

Signing him would equal all the great production we are getting from Josh Gordon.

Do not need, do not want

ToxSocks 11-23-2021 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15973300)
I'm not terribly worried about telegraphing what we'd be doing with Lindsay if only because Reid can even use THAT to his advantage.

Dang, who woulda known that the secret to drawing defenders into the box was a RB who can't pass block.

Direkshun, you sly dog.

Tribal Warfare 11-23-2021 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15972810)
don't say it.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/3orie...iphy.webp&ct=g

Pitt Gorilla 11-23-2021 03:22 PM

Quote:

The question is less about what he may key, but what exactly they can do about it. More critically, what Andy can then do about it.

If they start crashing anytime they see Lindsay in there, it's gonna take about 30 seconds for Andy to put in an RPO look off that and get Kelce or Hill free in space.

This isn't like Gore, who will identify that we're going to run the ball in the same way we would otherwise run the ball. This is a guy who is a changeup in his own right. And if you respond to his presence on the field, Andy's going to respond back.

I mean, all of this. Don't we WANT teams to key off of personnel? That literally allows us to take advantage of their "tendency."

Direckshun 11-23-2021 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15973293)
Who said Lindsay can't block. It might not be his "thing", but can't and not great at it are two different things.

You think Lindsay made it this far in the league being completely incapable of blocking?

This is a dumb, pointless argument, dude. You took a chance to preach on a pedestal but you fell off face first.

I don't know what that last sentence means.

I'm not saying he can't block. Literally my first post on the subject was asking. You're insisting that it doesn't matter that much.

But it does. Our QB is worth half a billion dollars.

Direckshun 11-23-2021 03:29 PM

Quote:

Again, this entire discussion is premised on the idea that you've confirmed, which is that Lindsay can't block well.

And you're right, that does create a cue, from which there are adjustments and counter adjustments to be had.

But it's a game of adjustability that Reid doesn't like to play. He'll play it in other areas, but he doesn't really play it with RBs who can't block.

As you know, that's why I asked. Reid just doesn't like giving snaps to RBs who can't pass protect.

Direckshun 11-23-2021 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15973357)
Dang, who woulda known that the secret to drawing defenders into the box was a RB who can't pass block.

Direkshun, you sly dog.

OKAY NOW WAIT LMAO

You were just insisting that Lindsay's lack of blocking cannot be a cue to defenses.

Now you're agreeing with DJLN that it's a cue from which we can take advantage.

Pick a position, please.

RunKC 11-23-2021 03:39 PM

Quote:

Why did the Steelers not play Ingram which lead to him wanting out?
Why did 9 teams pass on Patrick Mahomes?
Why did nearly 32 teams pass on Creed Humphrey twice?

There are some stupid decision makers out there

Pitt Gorilla 11-23-2021 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15973472)
Why did the Steelers not play Ingram which lead to him wanting out?
Why did 9 teams pass on Patrick Mahomes?
Why did nearly 32 teams pass on Creed Humphrey twice?

There are some stupid decision makers out there

The Mahomes and Humphrey decisions were based on completely different data points than the Ingram one. The Texans have had Lindsey on their NFL roster for a while and decided he's not worth a roster spot. I'm not saying they're right or wrong, but it's nowhere near the same situation as Mahomes and Humphrey (or even Ingram where they got a pick out of the deal.)

DJ's left nut 11-23-2021 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 15973454)
OKAY NOW WAIT LMAO

You were just insisting that Lindsay's lack of blocking cannot be a cue to defenses.

Pick a position, please.

I'm not convinced it will be or it won't - I'm saying I simply don't care either way.

If he isn't - bully. If he is, Andy will immediately use that against teams.

I'd agree that he often doesn't play RBs he doesn't trust in pass pro but A) We're in some weird new era where teams just don't blitz Patrick Mahomes and B) He seems to maybe have a blind spot in this regard for veteran backs.

Bottom line is that he brings a skill we don't have and he'll likely bring it cheap. If we use it - great. If we don't - well that's too bad. I don't see any reason to NOT pick him up when all it would cost us is an IR trip for McKinnon.

Pitt Gorilla 11-23-2021 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15973486)
I'm not convinced it will be or it won't - I'm saying I simply don't care either way.

If he isn't - bully. If he is, Andy will immediately use that against teams.

I'd agree that he often doesn't play RBs he doesn't trust in pass pro but A) We're in some weird new era where teams just don't blitz Patrick Mahomes and B) He seems to maybe have a blind spot in this regard for veteran backs.

Bottom line is that he brings a skill we don't have and he'll likely bring it cheap. If we use it - great. If we don't - well that's too bad. I don't see any reason to NOT pick him up when all it would cost us is an IR trip for McKinnon.

This is the important aspect, IMO. If McKinnon is hurt, Lindsey could replace that.

Chris Meck 11-23-2021 04:10 PM

He might even see meaningful snaps....like next April.

loochy 11-23-2021 04:10 PM

So did we sign this piece of shit yet?

Deberg_1990 11-23-2021 04:32 PM

What’s CPs obsession with Has-beens?

ToxSocks 11-23-2021 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 15973454)
OKAY NOW WAIT LMAO

Pick a position, please.

Lol, i'm mocking you, dude.

My position is simple: His blocking is likely adequate enough. Regardless, his limited snap usage would be restricted to packaged plays. Plays that the Chiefs change seemingly every week.

Because his snaps are limited, and because his potential usage is vast, the idea that his presence would telegraph plays is ****ing reeruned.

You seem stuck on this idea that if he "can't" pass block then that means the Chiefs will only bring him in for run plays, thus telegraphing the plays. That's bum**** reeruned and in no way indicative of how the Chiefs call plays.

AND if that even were the case. If your imaginary 1969 football world works out like that, all that means is we'll magically put in Lindsay every time we wanna take a shot over the top.

But alas, football doesn't work in real life the way you imagined it in your head.