ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Hollywood Brown unhappy with Baltimore offense (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=334771)

tyecopeland 11-02-2020 06:48 PM

Hollywood Brown unhappy with Baltimore offense

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hollywood Brown after the Ravens loss 🍿 <a href="https://twitter.com/brgridiron?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@brgridiron</a> <a href="https://t.co/xLDZar7Hnm">pic.twitter.com/xLDZar7Hnm</a></p>&mdash; Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) <a href="https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1323024039296708609?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 1, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Jewish Rabbi 11-02-2020 06:53 PM

That’s what happens when your QB is a RB, hoss.

TribalElder 11-02-2020 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 15293688)
That’s what happens when your QB is a RB, hoss.

Truth

crispystl 11-02-2020 07:01 PM

Maybe he's talking about the Azerbaijans?

WhiteWhale 11-02-2020 07:06 PM

I dont think Greg roman has ever had a passing offense that didn't finish bottom 3 in the NFL. He is what he is.

Hes the guy who can maximize Lamar's running, but his passing game always blows. Its uncreative and conservative. If the goal is to develop lamar as a passer, his hyper conservative pass offense wont be it.

This isnt surprising. Roman isnt new. This is what always happens.

Rain Man 11-02-2020 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl (Post 15293702)
Maybe he's talking about the Azerbaijans?

I think he wrote an article about this conflict in last month's Economist.

Wallcrawler 11-02-2020 07:13 PM

Either switch to RB or switch to a team with an actual qb.

Why Not? 11-02-2020 07:15 PM

Ravens have been exposed. Well, we knew it but now everyone else is catching on. Oh they’ll feast on the shit teams of the league but anyone who can punch them in the mouth, they fold like a cheap suit. Get Lamar in a situation where he has to pass to best you and he is done.

Coochie liquor 11-02-2020 07:16 PM

It was pretty crazy watching them just run on every play at the end of the game Sunday. I mean it was working, until it didn’t. And they never even tried a pass. Seems the faith in Jackson isn’t there with the coaching staff. He’s fun to watch but idk if he’ll ever be anything other than the next Kap, Tebow, Vick. Kap was pretty unstoppable with Roman for a few years but it never lasts long. I hope they give him a fat contract!

BWillie 11-02-2020 07:16 PM

And it begins.

He is related to Antonio Brown after all. It was only a matter of time before the prima donna stuff shined through.

pugsnotdrugs19 11-02-2020 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 15293713)
I dont think Greg roman has ever had a passing offense that didn't finish bottom 3 in the NFL. He is what he is.

Hes the guy who can maximize Lamar's running, but his passing game always blows. Its uncreative and conservative. If the goal is to develop lamar as a passer, his hyper conservative pass offense wont be it.

Pretty reminiscent of what happened with Kaepernick once defenses figured that scheme out.

WhiteWhale 11-02-2020 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 15293732)
Pretty reminiscent of what happened with Kaepernick once defenses figured that scheme out.

And to a lesser degree tyrod taylor.

After a few years he gets figured out and cant adjust.

wazu 11-02-2020 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15293730)
And it begins.

He is related to Antonio Brown after all. It was only a matter of time before the prima donna stuff shined through.

Yeah only this time you don't also get the awesome play.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 11-02-2020 07:37 PM

Why would Lamar type this

tyecopeland 11-02-2020 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint (Post 15293791)
Why would Lamar type this

He didn't :shrug:

Not entirely sure why brown would send this out either besides the fact he was frustrated with the loss and only 2 targets. Obviously he got talked to quickly because he took it down.

ThyKingdomCome15 11-02-2020 07:42 PM

Earl Thomas blows up in practice now Twitter tears. Ravens showing some cracks in the armour.

Thing is they coulda just as easily won that game had they converted on fourth down. They play PIT again. Dial in and get to work.

WhiteWhale 11-02-2020 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 15293804)
Earl Thomas blows up in practice now Twitter tears. Ravens showing some cracks in the armour.

Thing is they coulda just as easily won that game had they converted on fourth down. They play PIT again. Dial in and get to work.

The ravens are 5-2 with losses to the chiefs and steeler, who are a combined 15-1

I wouldn't be sounding alarm bells.

mililo4cpa 11-02-2020 07:55 PM

Brown doesn't realize all those throws sailing over his head were really throws that were supposed to be his targets....

htismaqe 11-02-2020 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 15293819)
The ravens are 5-2 with losses to the chiefs and steeler, who are a combined 15-1

They gotta be frustrated that they can't win the big games though.

Rain Man 11-02-2020 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mililo4cpa (Post 15293830)
Brown doesn't realize all those throws sailing over his head were really throws that were supposed to be his targets....

Announcers: "Lamar is just as accurate on deep passes as he is on the short throws."

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hX6uaNbU0aU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

staylor26 11-02-2020 08:40 PM

Quote:

It’s all going to come down to that Steelers rematch.

If they win that, they will get their confidence back. If they lose, the doubt that the playoffs this year will be different than the last 2 will start to be hard to deny even for them.

That’s why I think they get that 1. It will essentially be their SB.

PAChiefsGuy 11-02-2020 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 15293726)
Ravens have been exposed. Well, we knew it but now everyone else is catching on. Oh they’ll feast on the shit teams of the league but anyone who can punch them in the mouth, they fold like a cheap suit. Get Lamar in a situation where he has to pass to best you and he is done.

They barely lost to a 7-0 team and they have been exposed?

Ravens will be alright.

Marcellus 11-02-2020 08:41 PM

Quote:

Well I mean, Hollywood is.

Also take a guess how many teams with a winning record they have played.

(3)

OKchiefs 11-02-2020 08:45 PM

What a drama queen little bitch. While what he said is probably true, he's in his second year and hasn't done shit. Stay in your lane, he doesn't have the resume yet to open his mouth.

Why Not? 11-02-2020 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15293956)
Well I mean, Hollywood is.

Also take a guess how many teams with a winning record they have played.

(3)

And the 3rd team is the Browns. Browns are not really any good. It’s one thing to lose at home to the Raiders. It’s another thing entirely to lose at home to the Raiders without scoring a touchdown.

Hog's Gone Fishin 11-02-2020 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 15293952)
They barely lost to a 7-0 team and they have been exposed?

Ravens will be alright.

Dude, they've lost to 3 different teams in two years. They suck!

WhiteWhale 11-02-2020 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 15293969)
And the 3rd team is the Browns. Browns are not really any good. It’s one thing to lose at home to the Raiders. It’s another thing entirely to lose at home to the Raiders without scoring a touchdown.

They still have games against the giants, jags, pats, cowboys, and bengals.

They're going to win at least 10.

Megatron96 11-02-2020 08:52 PM

Wondered when this would happen.

Lamar can do a lot of things, but he's not very good outside the numbers more than 10-15 yards down the field. He's a between the numbers passer. Like Garappolo, or Tom Brady.

WhiteWhale 11-02-2020 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15293987)
Wondered when this would happen.

Lamar can do a lot of things, but he's not very good outside the hashes more than 10-15 yards down the field. He's a between the hashes passer. Like Garappolo, or Tom Brady.

One of those things is not like the other.

One of those things just doesnt belong.

Megatron96 11-02-2020 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 15293995)
One of those things is not like the other.

One of those things just doesnt belong.

I slightly misspoke. I meant numbers, not hashes. Hashes would be a very small area.

htismaqe 11-02-2020 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 15293982)
Dude, they've lost to 3 different teams in two years. They suck!

They can't win the big games.

You can deny it all you want but they're really ****ing good at beating up hapless teams and losing the big games.

I guess that's expected from fans that thought the 1990's was as good as football could get.

WhiteWhale 11-02-2020 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15294011)
I slightly misspoke. I meant numbers, not hashes. Hashes would be a very small area.

I know what you meant, but let me explain.

All 3 are better between the numbers.

But theres levels to this. Brady is vastly better inside and out than both. The strength is stronger, the weakness far less.

With brady its relative. Dude dropped a 55 air yard rainbow just a few weeks ago. If it wasnt caught, it would have hit the pilon. One of the best passes of the season. Deep, outside, and with a big arc.

Megatron96 11-02-2020 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 15294019)
I know what you meant, but let me explain.

All 3 are better between the numbers.

But theres levels to this. Brady is vastly better inside and out than both.

I would agree that he once was. I don't believe Brady's that much better than either today.

I would also say that his decline outside the numbers has been measurable for at least a couple seasons now, but that's a discussion for another time.

BigBeauford 11-02-2020 09:06 PM

I watched the ending of that game as I am sure many of you did.. You can tell they don't have any faith in Lamar making a game saving play with his arm. That 4th down play was sniffed out so fast.

PAChiefsGuy 11-02-2020 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15294015)
They can't win the big games.

You can deny it all you want but they're really ****ing good at beating up hapless teams and losing the big games.

I guess that's expected from fans that thought the 1990's was as good as football could get.

You don't think Lamar Jackson can win in the playoffs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 15294028)
I watched the ending of that game as I am sure many of you did.. You can tell they don't have any faith in Lamar making a game saving play with his arm. That 4th down play was sniffed out so fast.

True but game was still very close. You guys are acting like Ravens got blown out. They are a good team.

Lamar isn't a great passer but you combine his ability to throw to TEs, not throw INTs and of course his running ability I think overall he is a good QB

suzzer99 11-02-2020 09:07 PM

The last NFL player I remember calling himself a soldier was Kellen Winslow Jr. How did he end up anyway?

WhiteWhale 11-02-2020 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15294020)
I would agree that he once was. I don't believe Brady's that much better than either today.

I would also say that his decline outside the numbers has been measurable for at least a couple seasons now, but that's a discussion for another time.

I... think you're drinking the hatorade.

New england would obviously harm his outside passing stats. Their best WR is a slot guy. The rest are trash. QBs struggle outside the hashes when the guys who line up there suck ass. Their top guy couldnt land the 5th spot on our roster.

htismaqe 11-02-2020 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 15294032)

What evidence suggests to you that he can? I mean other than the fact that he's winless in the playoffs?

Quote:

Lamar isn't a great passer but you combine his ability to throw to TEs, not throw INTs and of course his running ability I think overall he is a good QB

Not throw INT's?

He threw TWO yesterday. :doh!:

staylor26 11-02-2020 09:15 PM

Quote:

True but game was still very close. You guys are acting like Ravens got blown out. They are a good team.

I’m not even sure Lamar thinks he can win in the playoffs...

Megatron96 11-02-2020 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 15294037)
I... think you're drinking the hatorade.

New england would obviously harm his outside passing stats. Their best WR is a slot guy. The rest are trash. QBs struggle outside the hashes when the guys who line up there suck ass. Their top guy couldnt land the 5th spot on our roster.

No, I don't think I am. Have you noticed his sudden pick-6 rate when throwing the intermediate curls and outs over the last 2 years? Check it out. He had a streak where he threw a pick-6 in like three consecutive games. He also was having trouble with go-routes more than 30 yards downfield. Last season at some point some talking head mentioned that Tom was having some kind of elbow issue.

but he's still having the same problems from the two games I've seen now.

WhiteWhale 11-02-2020 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15294059)
No, I don't think I am. Have you noticed his sudden pick-6 rate when throwing the intermediate curls and outs over the last 2 years? Check it out. He had a streak where he threw a pick-6 in like three consecutive games. He also was having trouble with go-routes more than 30 yards downfield. Last season at some point some talking head mentioned that Tom was having some kind of elbow issue.

but he's still having the same problems from the two games I've seen now.

I'm not sure I'm being clear. I'm not arguing that he is great at it, nor am I arguing against some form of decline.

I'm saying he is WAY better at it than those guys you compared him to.

mr. tegu 11-02-2020 09:29 PM

Hollywood Brown unhappy with Baltimore offense

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15294055)
I’m not even sure Lamar thinks he can win in the playoffs...

He doesn’t handle adversity well. He gets way too upset and loses focus and that just highlights his negative attributes of ball security and decision making.

tyecopeland 11-02-2020 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15294050)
What evidence suggests to you that he can? I mean other than the fact that he's winless in the playoffs?

Not throw INT's?

He threw TWO yesterday. :doh!:

Mahomes int rate is 1.4%
Lamar rate is 1.7%.

His biggest issue is 21 fumbles.

The ravens can definitely win a playoff game. Super bowl, eh, probably not. Unless they just get the right teams to play.

Megatron96 11-02-2020 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 15294095)
I'm not sure I'm being clear. I'm not arguing that he is great at it, nor am I arguing against some form of decline.

OOHHH. Now I get it. Sorry bout that. Yeah, I could agree with that.

tyecopeland 11-02-2020 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15294020)

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 15294095)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15294135)
OOHHH. Now I get it. Sorry bout that. Yeah, I could agree with that.

That was a quick change of mind.

htismaqe 11-02-2020 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyecopeland (Post 15294119)
Mahomes int rate is 1.4%
Lamar rate is 1.7%.

His biggest issue is 21 fumbles.

The ravens can definitely win a playoff game. Super bowl, eh, probably not. Unless they just get the right teams to play.

Let's put the INT rates in context, shall we?

Mahomes in 2018 was 2.1%. Last year 1.0%. This year 0.4%.

Jackson in 2018 was 1.8%. Last year 1.5%. This year 2.1%.

Mahomes is getting better, Jackson is getting WORSE.

I'll believe they're a contending team when they actually PROVE they're a contending team. Right now, they are frauds. Exposed twice in the playoffs. Not just beaten, EXPOSED. And have yet to beat a team that was competing with them for being the best in the AFC.

Megatron96 11-02-2020 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyecopeland (Post 15294181)
That was a quick change of mind.

Eh, Maybe. Only about 5% of my mind is on this conversation right now. Watching the game mostly.

But,

If I understand him correctly, he's saying that while brady has certainly regressed making throws outside the numbers, he's still a lot better than the other two guys. Which he might be right. They're all pretty bad at it, but maybe the other two guys are worse than I think they are.

Which is possible. Brady is bad, but maybe the other guys are REALLY, really bad, and I didn't take that into account.

Jewish Rabbi 11-02-2020 10:12 PM

Quote:

Eat **** pie, queer.

PAChiefsGuy 11-02-2020 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15294252)
Let's put the INT rates in context, shall we?

Mahomes in 2018 was 2.1%. Last year 1.0%. This year 0.4%.

Jackson in 2018 was 1.8%. Last year 1.5%. This year 2.1%.

Mahomes is getting better, Jackson is getting WORSE.

I'll believe they're a contending team when they actually PROVE they're a contending team. Right now, they are frauds. Exposed twice in the playoffs. Not just beaten, EXPOSED. And have yet to beat a team that was competing with them for being the best in the AFC.

I agree Larmar has to win a playoff game before ppl consider him legit but he is 23. He's got some time to do it lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 15294348)
Eat **** pie, queer.

Nice to meet you too.

dlphg9 11-02-2020 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 15294356)
I agree Larmar has to win a playoff game before ppl consider him legit but he is 23. He's got some time to do it lol.

Nice to meet you too.

He's 23, but he's regressing and taking more and more hits.

So in 7 games this season he's had 4 games with a sub 60% completion percentage. In the Pitt game he was terrible 46% comp rate, 2 int, 3 fumbles, 2 fumbles lost, but he had 208 passing yards! The 2nd highest of the year for him! A game with a 46%, 51%, 53%, and 59% completion percent. He's also taking an incredible amount of sacks (19 sacks in 7 games, on pace for 43 sacks, had 16 sacks in 2018, 23 in 2019).

Lol he peaked last year and then is shitting the bed this year. He's on a downward trend and has become exposed to any decent team.

Also he had 3.46 yards per pass attempt against us. That's literally horrendous.

Why Not? 11-03-2020 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyecopeland (Post 15294119)

The ravens can definitely win a playoff game.

There is yet to be any empirical evidence that this version of the Ravens can, in fact, win a playoff game.

Sorry 11-03-2020 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 15293713)

This.

Roman is a mastermind when it comes to devising running schemes w/ Running capable Qbs, but dev. a passing oriented playbook is beyond him.

PAChiefsGuy 11-03-2020 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 15294584)
He's 23, but he's regressing and taking more and more hits.

So in 7 games this season he's had 4 games with a sub 60% completion percentage. In the Pitt game he was terrible 46% comp rate, 2 int, 3 fumbles, 2 fumbles lost, but he had 208 passing yards! The 2nd highest of the year for him! A game with a 46%, 51%, 53%, and 59% completion percent. He's also taking an incredible amount of sacks (19 sacks in 7 games, on pace for 43 sacks, had 16 sacks in 2018, 23 in 2019).

Lol he peaked last year and then is shitting the bed this year. He's on a downward trend and has become exposed to any decent team.

Also he had 3.46 yards per pass attempt against us. That's literally horrendous.

Yeah he sucks. He peaked last year and there is a 0% chance he improves at all even though he is 23.
Time to cut him!

dlphg9 11-03-2020 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 15294600)
Yeah he sucks. He peaked last year and there is a 0% chance he improves at all even though he is 23.
Time to cut him!

Just posting the stats. If you take out his first game this year where he had 20 completions on 25 attempts good for a solid 80% completion rate, then he is at 57% on the season. Here are his passing stats by game

Cleveland
27th Scoring D, 26th pass D, 11th run D
20/25, 80% comp, 275 yds, 3 TDs

Houston
30th scoring D, 22nd pass D, 31 run D
18/24, 75% comp, 1 TD

KC
3rd scoring D, 3rd passing D, 29th rushing D
15/28, 53% comp, 97 yds, 1 TD

Was
11 scoring D. 1st pass D, 17th run D
14/21, 66.67% comp, 193 yds, 2 TD, 1 int

Cin
21st Scoring D, 24th pass D, 30th run D
19/37, 51.35% comp, 180 YDs, 2 TDs, 1 int

Phi
16th scoring D, 5th pass D, 24th run D
16/27, 59.26% comp, 186 yds, 1 TDs

Pit
6 scoring, 7th pass D, 5th run D
13/28, 46.43% comp, 208 YDs, 2 TDs, 2 ints

Dude can't hit the broad side of a barn. I give him a 5% chance of winning more than 1 playoff game and over the next couple of years he's gonna be spending a lot of time injured.

Rasputin 11-03-2020 01:40 AM

League's MVP.

Jewish Rabbi 11-03-2020 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 15294600)
Time to cut him!

Mods, please change username to PARavensGuy

PAChiefsGuy 11-03-2020 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 15294642)
Just posting the stats. If you take out his first game this year where he had 20 completions on 25 attempts good for a solid 80% completion rate, then he is at 57% on the season. Here are his passing stats by game

Cleveland
27th Scoring D, 26th pass D, 11th run D
20/25, 80% comp, 275 yds, 3 TDs

Houston
30th scoring D, 22nd pass D, 31 run D
18/24, 75% comp, 1 TD

KC
3rd scoring D, 3rd passing D, 29th rushing D
15/28, 53% comp, 97 yds, 1 TD

Was
11 scoring D. 1st pass D, 17th run D
14/21, 66.67% comp, 193 yds, 2 TD, 1 int

Cin
21st Scoring D, 24th pass D, 30th run D
19/37, 51.35% comp, 180 YDs, 2 TDs, 1 int

Phi
16th scoring D, 5th pass D, 24th run D
16/27, 59.26% comp, 186 yds, 1 TDs

Pit
6 scoring, 7th pass D, 5th run D
13/28, 46.43% comp, 208 YDs, 2 TDs, 2 ints

Dude can't hit the broad side of a barn. I give him a 5% chance of winning more than 1 playoff game and over the next couple of years he's gonna be spending a lot of time injured.

Why don't you post his rushing stats and scores of games as well?

He's not a conventional QB so keep that in mind when posting his stats. Injuries can happen to anyone so far he's been fine. Hurt less in his career than Mahomes if I am correct

Coogs 11-03-2020 06:33 AM

I don't think there is any doubt that Lamar can and will win a playoff game. The question is can he win one when the game is put squarely on his shoulders?

Mahomes has played in 5 playoff games. Record is 4-1.

First game against the Colts was rather routine. That's a game Jackson could win as well.

But the other 4?

Mahomes AFC Championship vs Pats. Game placed squarely on his shoulders. Down 14-0 at half. Down 17-7 after 3rd quarter. Puts team ahead not once, but twice in the 4th quarter. Should have been enough. Wasn't. Yet still gets it tied with only seconds to play. Loses coin flip. Game over.

Down 24-0 to Houston. Scores on 7 or so straight possessions to win going away.

Down 10 twice in AFC Championship to Titans. Wins going away late.

Down 10 late in Super Bowl after 2 second half INT's. Wins going away late again.

Mahomes has faced about as much adversity as he possibly could have in the playoffs, yet has answered the bell every damn time so far. Will he win everytime? No. Pats game proves that. But he most likely will be able to carry his team when the game is placed on his shoulders.

All of the great ones can do that.

With Lamar, that question is still out there.

penchief 11-03-2020 06:43 AM

Sounds like he’s related to Antonio.

PAChiefsGuy 11-03-2020 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 15294732)
I don't think there is any doubt that Lamar can and will win a playoff game. The question is can he win one when the game is put squarely on his shoulders?

Mahomes has played in 5 playoff games. Record is 4-1.

First game against the Colts was rather routine. That's a game Jackson could win as well.

But the other 4?

Mahomes AFC Championship vs Pats. Game placed squarely on his shoulders. Down 14-0 at half. Down 17-7 after 3rd quarter. Puts team ahead not once, but twice in the 4th quarter. Should have been enough. Wasn't. Yet still gets it tied with only seconds to play. Loses coin flip. Game over.

Down 24-0 to Houston. Scores on 7 or so straight possessions to win going away.

Down 10 twice in AFC Championship to Titans. Wins going away late.

Down 10 late in Super Bowl after 2 second half INT's. Wins going away late again.

Mahomes has faced about as much adversity as he possibly could have in the playoffs, yet has answered the bell every damn time so far. Will he win everytime? No. Pats game proves that. But he most likely will be able to carry his team when the game is placed on his shoulders.

All of the great ones can do that.

With Lamar, that question is still out there.

Exactly!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 15294705)
Mods, please change username to PARavensGuy

Its called being objective.

The guy was MVP last season and voted #1 player by those actually playing the game and you want to call me a Ravens fan because i think he is a good QB? **** outta here.

Deberg_1990 11-03-2020 07:24 AM

I think if the Ravens season ends in disappointment again they will dump Roman. Then bring in a new coordinator to work with Lamar to transition to more of a passer.

ljmhawk 11-03-2020 07:25 AM

let’s be honest...the Ravens beat themselves. they pretty much pushed Pittsburgh around for 3 hours

morphius 11-03-2020 07:34 AM

Almost wonder if he bought his hype, or if Covid interfered, and didn't work as hard this offseason as last.

Deberg_1990 11-03-2020 07:38 AM

Also, will the Ravens give Lamar the big money extension?

Is he worth top dollar if he can’t beat the top teams and his passing is limited?

MahomesMagic 11-03-2020 07:41 AM

Biggest need Ravens have is a true #1. Hollywood should be an ideal vertical #2.

In58men 11-03-2020 08:07 AM

They’re running out of plays. It’s literally the same shit every week.

Hike and pray mentality setting in more and more.

Tribal Warfare 11-03-2020 08:17 AM

The "AB" side of the family flaring up

Tribal Warfare 11-03-2020 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penchief (Post 15294740)
Sounds like he’s related to Antonio.

That's his cousin

htismaqe 11-03-2020 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 15294745)

The guy was MVP last season and voted #1 player by those actually playing the game and you want to call me a Ravens fan because i think he is a good QB? **** outta here.

Being voted MVP is not objective. Being voted #1 player is not objective.

Sorry, but those two things are, by definition, subjective. They are literally popularity contests.

You can't deny it, you're a Lamar Jackson fan. You continuously prop him up here despite his shortcomings. You desperately want Lamar Jackson to be a top tier QB and it shows. I don't know if it's because he's unconventional or because he's black but you are obviously invested in him being successful beyond just watching the games.

The problem is that he really isn't. He's a very good dual-threat player, which in the NFL does not translate to being a great QUARTERBACK.

htismaqe 11-03-2020 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljmhawk (Post 15294768)
let’s be honest...the Ravens beat themselves. they pretty much pushed Pittsburgh around for 3 hours

Lamar contributed directly with 2 INT's.

htismaqe 11-03-2020 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15294765)
I think if the Ravens season ends in disappointment again they will dump Roman. Then bring in a new coordinator to work with Lamar to transition to more of a passer.

Good luck with that. If they thought they could make him a traditional passer, they wouldn't be screwing around with Greg Roman in the first place.

Valiant 11-03-2020 09:00 AM

Meh, it is a talented team. Some teams are better matchups for them.

Deberg_1990 11-03-2020 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15294847)
Good luck with that. If they thought they could make him a traditional passer, they wouldn't be screwing around with Greg Roman in the first place.

Russel Wilson was known as a hybrid running QB his first 3-5 years. His rushing attempts have slowly dropped as his passing has become better.

Admittedly, Wilson has always been a more accurate passer than Jackson.

But it’s not impossible for him to transition more to a passer.

MahomesMagic 11-03-2020 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15294831)
Being voted MVP is not objective. Being voted #1 player is not objective.

Sorry, but those two things are, by definition, subjective. They are literally popularity contests.

You can't deny it, you're a Lamar Jackson fan. You continuously prop him up here despite his shortcomings. You desperately want Lamar Jackson to be a top tier QB and it shows. I don't know if it's because he's unconventional or because he's black but you are obviously invested in him being successful beyond just watching the games.

The problem is that he really isn't. He's a very good dual-threat player, which in the NFL does not translate to being a great QUARTERBACK.

I don't think Lamar is a top 5 QB but I think you are a bit too low on a QB that has a 24-5 starting record. He's a very dangerous player.

Luckily for the Chiefs our guy is generational.

Sorce 11-03-2020 09:22 AM

I remember when the narrative on Mahomes was wait till teams get the tape on him. I never heard this narrative for Lamar.

Jewish Rabbi 11-03-2020 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 15294745)
Exactly!

Please watch your language

DeepPurple 11-03-2020 09:29 AM

Knowing Harbaugh since I've seen on TV or in person every Ravens game ever played since their beginning in 1996. He very competive, even though Joe Flacco came in with him in 2008, he had no problem cutting him and moving on.

If Ravens fail to make the playoffs or Lamar is one and done in the playoffs for the third year in a row, I see them trading with Miami, who likes to deal and who owns the Texans first round pick, and taking Trevor Lawrence from Clemson. If Lamar beats the Steelers in Pittsburgh Thanksgiving night and goes deeper into the playoffs this year, then it's another year with Lamar and some coaching changes.

BTW, the Ravens dominated the Steelers until the fourth quarter, and only lost by 4 points. Lamar gave up a pick six on the third play of the game and another pick gave the Steelers a very short field of only 20 yards leading to another TD. Otherwise Ben didn't throw for more than 25 yards until the fourth quarter comeback. If he hadn't made those two stupid throws, outcome would of been different.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 11-03-2020 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepPurple (Post 15294983)
Knowing Harbaugh since I've seen on TV or in person every Ravens game ever played since their beginning in 1996. He very competive, even though Joe Flacco came in with him in 2008, he had no problem cutting him and moving on.

If Ravens fail to make the playoffs or Lamar is one and done in the playoffs for the third year in a row, I see them trading with Miami, who likes to deal and who owns the Texans first round pick, and taking Trevor Lawrence from Clemson. If Lamar beats the Steelers in Pittsburgh Thanksgiving night and goes deeper into the playoffs this year, then it's another year with Lamar and some coaching changes.

BTW, the Ravens dominated the Steelers until the fourth quarter, and only lost by 4 points. Lamar gave up a pick six on the third play of the game and another pick gave the Steelers a very short field. Otherwise Ben didn't throw for more than 25 yards until the third quarter comeback. If hadn't made those two stupid throws, outcome would of been different.

How would a trade with Miami land them Trevor Lawrence? That makes no sense at all!

TribalElder 11-03-2020 09:36 AM

As they keep choking in big games I expect more teammates to start to turn on Lamar

Bearcat 11-03-2020 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 15294712)
Why don't you post his rushing stats and scores of games as well?

He's not a conventional QB so keep that in mind when posting his stats.

That's like saying, forget the .180 batting average and all of the strikeouts, be sure to show all of the times they got on base by drawing walks... they aren't a conventional hitter, but a good hitter.

I doubt anyone is arguing Lamar isn't a great athlete or a great running back, but I'm not sure how anyone could weigh those equally with his ability as a passer when determining if he's a good QB.

Not to argue semantics and what 'unconventional' means.... but, even if you add his 411 rushing yards and assume all other QBs have zero yards and TDs rushing, he's still outside of the top 20 in yardage and outside of the top 10 in touchdowns. And again, that's before adding back in every other QBs rushing yardage and touchdowns.