ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Which streaming services or apps do you subscribe to? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=331009)

Deberg_1990 05-02-2020 03:25 PM

Which streaming services or apps do you subscribe to?

Its getting hard to keep up now....

Peacock and HBOMax soon!

Netflix
HBO Go
Hulu
Amazon Prime
Disney+
CBS All Access
Sling TV
Fubo TV
Crackle
Pluto TV
Quibi

and about a million more.....

keg in kc 05-02-2020 04:03 PM

Too many...

Netflix
Prime (sometimes with HBO)
Hulu (trial, not sure will subscribe)
Disney+
CBS All Access
ABC (free)

Buehler445 05-02-2020 04:29 PM

Netflix
Prime (would have prime regardless of video)
Hulu.

DaneMcCloud 05-02-2020 04:45 PM

Netflix
Amazon Prime
Hulu
ESPN+
Disney+

I have 315 channels via Direct TV so I have apps on every Roku TV in my home so that I can watch any catalog at any point in time. I receive HBO for free, which will continue with HBO Max since I'm an "AT&T" customer, along with NBC, FOX and ABC. My kids use the Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and Disney Now! apps (it's weird - everything should be on Disney+ but it's not).

If I can ever catch up with every show and movie that I "need" to watch, I'll probably spring for CBS All Access as well, although I think they're lame for not offering an Ad Supported app for free.

About the only time I watch LIVE TV is for sporting events and the occasional news update/emergency but since early March, there's been no reason to watch local TV.

Randallflagg 05-02-2020 04:53 PM

We do Fubo, Netflix, Amazon and CBS all Access.

EPodolak 05-02-2020 04:59 PM

We've got DirecTV and Prime, Netflix too. I don't watch a lot of TV personally, most of my video time is looking at YouTube.

Deberg_1990 05-02-2020 05:05 PM

Anyone tried Quibi? Seems like a weird miscalculation to me. Sure, everyone likes to watch dumb stuff in small bites like on YouTube and Tik Tok. But does anyone want legit scripted drama shows in small bites?

scho63 05-02-2020 06:37 PM

ZERO POINT ZERO

tyecopeland 05-02-2020 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14949132)
Netflix
Prime (would have prime regardless of video)
Hulu.

This plus Disney+ for free through verizon.

Buehler445 05-03-2020 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyecopeland (Post 14949661)
This plus Disney+ for free through verizon.

Oh hell. I have that too. Oops.

lewdog 05-03-2020 06:49 AM

Hulu
Netflix
Disney Plus
Prime

I currently downgraded from Hulu live because without sports I don’t need live tv. It’s a nice savings.

displacedinMN 05-03-2020 07:17 AM

I still maintain that internet + all kinds of streaming services can be as expensive as cable.

I have DTV-mostly for Sunday Ticket.
pay for Netflix

HULU is free with the Sprint service

Kid 1 is paying for Disney+ on her own.

Told the family that is it.

rabblerouser 05-03-2020 08:34 AM

Amazon Prime is the only one I pay for
Pluto TV
stremio
there's a Sports app I forget the name of
And then one that has like every Cable/Satellite station and a bunch of radio stations.

Deberg_1990 05-03-2020 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 14949908)
I still maintain that internet + all kinds of streaming services can be as expensive as cable.

This. It kinda sucks now that every content owner wants their own streaming app.

It’s too fractured. I don’t see how all of these services survive?

cripple creek 05-03-2020 09:16 AM

Netflix and prime along with imdb(free with an imdb account)

Deberg_1990 07-15-2020 10:41 AM

Peacock just dropped today.

Mephistopheles Janx 07-15-2020 11:18 AM

I pay for Amazon Prime and that is the only service. No cable TV, no Netflix, Hulu, or any other streaming service that exists.

displacedinMN 07-15-2020 11:21 AM

We get peacock free for being a comcast customer

Hulu free from Sprint

Prime free because my wife ordered a llama from Amazon

Pay for Disney+
Pay for Netflix

DaneMcCloud 07-15-2020 11:25 AM

I upgraded my Disney+ package to Ad-Free Hulu last week but it was a pain in the ass.

There isn't a simple button or upgrade path available, which doesn't make any sense, so I had to call Disney+, hold for 30 minutes and finally speak to an agent.

I was told that I needed to cancel my account before I could upgrade to Ad-Free Hulu, so I did as the customer service rep instructed. From there, I had the choice of either waiting until their full billing month ended or pay the full $18.99 and start the new service.

By that time, I was nearly an hour into it so I decided that I didn't care that I had 2 weeks left on the original bundle and just started service that day. My main complaint about Hulu is the layout, which IMO, is weak. Disney+ has improved since its launch back in November but their menu pales next to Netflix, IMO.

Deberg_1990 07-15-2020 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 15068227)
We get peacock free for being a comcast customer

Hulu free from Sprint

Prime free because my wife ordered a llama from Amazon

Pay for Disney+
Pay for Netflix

Looks like Starter tier of Peacock is free with ads. Just signed up at lunch. It’s not bad. Tons of old shows.

kcxiv 07-15-2020 02:43 PM

me and my younger sister, go halfers for Netlfix/Hulu/ESPN/Disney. Also have prime video, but i pay that all on my own, cause i use prime alot. lol

Otter 07-18-2020 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx (Post 15068220)
I pay for Amazon Prime and that is the only service. No cable TV, no Netflix, Hulu, or any other streaming service that exists.

Same here.

I may purchase a month of Netflix here and there when there's a series I want to watch but it's pretty much internet, HD antenna and streaming Chiefs games.

I'm really not impressed enough with the content available to further indulge.

eDave 07-18-2020 10:44 AM

I signed up for Apple TV for Greyhound. That service ain't got shit. Cancelled after my second viewing of the film, for which I have mixed reviews.

DaneMcCloud 07-18-2020 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15073487)
I signed up for Apple TV for Greyhound. That service ain't got shit. Cancelled after my second viewing of the film, for which I have mixed reviews.

HBO Max is lame, too, unless you're into Looney Toons and some other children's offerings (which my little one enjoys).

It'll be interesting to see what happens with HBO Max, Amazon and Roku at the end of the month because the HBO Go and HBO Now apps will be removed from both services. 80% of their subscribers base accesses HBO using those devices and without them, they'll likely see a massive wave of people unsubscribing.

I have no idea why any CEO would want to play a game of Chicken with their customer base but then again, it is AT&T we're talking about...

eDave 07-18-2020 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15073694)
HBO Max is lame, too, unless you're into Looney Toons and some other children's offerings (which my little one enjoys).

It'll be interesting to see what happens with HBO Max, Amazon and Roku at the end of the month because the HBO Go and HBO Now apps will be removed from both services. 80% of their subscribers base accesses HBO using those devices and without them, they'll likely see a massive wave of people unsubscribing.

I have no idea why any CEO would want to play a game of Chicken with their customer base but then again, it is AT&T we're talking about...

Yea, I griped about Max earlier. Hell most just seem like overlap anymore. I have On Demand as part of Cox and everything free there is also on Netflix. My standard cable bill is at $227 for pretty basic. It's ridiculous.

DaneMcCloud 07-18-2020 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15073699)
Yea, I griped about Max earlier. Hell most just seem like overlap anymore. I have On Demand as part of Cox and everything free there is also on Netflix. My standard cable bill is at $227 for pretty basic. It's ridiculous.

I switched to Spectrum Choice last month and it's freaking awesome. All local channels plus 10 channels of my choice (NFL Network, ESPN 1&2, Discovery, History, Food Network, Bravo, etc.) HBO Max, Starz!, Showtime and a Cloud DVR for $50.98 a month.

I use my Spectrum Credentials to log into all of the apps but it also includes the Spectrum TV app, so I can watch Live TV and record upcoming programs.

I highly recommend if it's available in your area.

eDave 07-18-2020 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15073704)
I switched to Spectrum Choice last month and it's freaking awesome. All local channels plus 10 channels of my choice (NFL Network, ESPN 1&2, Discovery, History, Food Network, Bravo, etc.) HBO Max, Starz!, Showtime and a Cloud DVR for $50.98 a month.

I use my Spectrum Credentials to log into all of the apps but it also includes the Spectrum TV app, so I can watch Live TV and record upcoming programs.

I highly recommend if it's available in your area.

It's not. And I don't want a dish ****ing up my curb appeal. Probably time to give them a cancellation call again for that magical new lower rate that will automatically increase in a year.

Losing my patience with TV. $227 isn't a lot of money, but it is for TV.

DaneMcCloud 07-18-2020 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15073760)
It's not. And I don't want a dish ****ing up my curb appeal. Probably time to give them a cancellation call again for that magical new lower rate that will automatically increase in a year.

Losing my patience with TV. $227 isn't a lot of money, but it is for TV.

That sucks, man. My best friend in North County San Diego has had Spectrum Choice since late 2018 but it was just made available here in May 2020.

Hopefully, it'll be over your way soon.

Have you tried AT&T Choice? It's $64.99 with HBO Max included.

Mecca 07-20-2020 09:35 AM

Comcast gave me a flex box and all that so I have peacock for free, it's ok.

Right now we have...

Netflix
Disney/Hulu/ESPN+ bundle
WWE network
CBS all access
Prime

Prime is worth it to me because of how often we shop that way. Personally I probably wouldn't sub to any of the other stuff if it wasn't for the wife and kids. I know how to use Kodi and can watch most anything that way but trying to explain it to my kids or even my wife is tedious at best.

Mosbonian 08-02-2020 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 15068227)

Hulu free from Sprint

Explain? How do you get Hulu free from Sprint?

JD10367 08-02-2020 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15073699)

Cox sucks balls. I had it and it kept getting more and more. For the triple combo (TV, Internet, Phone) they were up to over $250; I dropped them for Fios and got more stuff for about $200 (which is STILL a ripoff, but less of one).

JD10367 08-02-2020 04:28 PM

We have Amazon Prime, Disney+, and HallmarkNow. I had NetFlix years ago when they were doing mail-out DVDs and their online catalog was small, so I dropped it, but I'll probably pick it up again soon.

Honestly, the BEST thing I have is Roku. Especially the Search feature. If something is out there, it returns the info as to which service has it, and a lot of it is available on free streaming channels. You might have to sit through the streaming channel's repetitive ads but it's worth it to see something for free.

Mosbonian 08-02-2020 04:40 PM

We get Peacock free as we are a Comcast customer...... (more on that later)

Stream:

Netflix
Disney+

Now..as for Comcast Cable

I have been doing all the reading/research on how to cut my Cable bill since I essentially pay for more channels that I don't care to watch (yes, I am talking about you MTV/VH1, Lifetime/LMN, Freeform, TLC, and all the other wasted channels).

I am fine with Comcast's broadband service, just can't stand the fact that if I commit to their contract to get a lower price on the cable package, I can bet with all certainty that at least 2 of the channels I do enjoy watching will disappear 3 months into my new contact.

What I would love to find out is which of the services like YouTube TV, Hulu TV, Philo TV, Orby TV or any of the others is the best.

Actually if we could just get the Digital Antenna to pick up the local channels better we would ditch Comcast cable and stream everything. (Wife loves regular TV and the local news)

Any expert advice?

Also...Mecca, what is the Comcast Flex box?

Frazod 08-02-2020 07:40 PM

Netflix, Amazon Prime and YouTube Premium. There isn't much original content on YouTube, but for $10 a month I don't have to watch commercials in videos, and its worth every cent.

displacedinMN 08-02-2020 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 15097432)
Explain? How do you get Hulu free from Sprint?

When we got new phones-Dec. We got it free. You should call and find out. May be different now with Tmobile.

Chief Pagan 08-02-2020 08:30 PM

The $10 or whatever it is for ad free you tube is worth it to me. That is my main source of music.

Amazon prime and Youtube TV. When YTTV came out at $35 with all the ESPN channels (ESPN+) didn't exist yet, it was great. They have added a bunch of crap I never watch and jacked up the price. I keep eyeing sling. Maybe.

htismaqe 08-03-2020 01:02 PM

We have Netflix which is the only exclusively streaming service we pay for. I guess you could count Hulu but more on that in a bit.

We have Prime because we are a prime member (we send and receive thousands of packages through Amazon), probably wouldn't have it otherwise.

We had Hulu for a long time but got a free 6-month sub to Hulu / ESPN+ / Disney+ so we switched over our Hulu account the bundle. We haven't paid for it yet but will probably end up only keeping Hulu. Disney+ is alright but our kids are teenagers, they don't watch it and neither do we.

I have Apple TV+ but I have year free sub because I buy a new iDevice every 18 months or so. Probably won't renew it but haven't really thought about it either because I have like 7 months left.

vailpass 08-03-2020 01:09 PM

Netflix
Hulu
Amazon
Spotify
Apple Music
SoundCloud
Sirius XM
HBO Max (going to cancel it soon if they don't get better)

Mecca 08-03-2020 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 15097453)
We get Peacock free as we are a Comcast customer...... (more on that later)

Stream:

Netflix
Disney+

Now..as for Comcast Cable

I have been doing all the reading/research on how to cut my Cable bill since I essentially pay for more channels that I don't care to watch (yes, I am talking about you MTV/VH1, Lifetime/LMN, Freeform, TLC, and all the other wasted channels).

I am fine with Comcast's broadband service, just can't stand the fact that if I commit to their contract to get a lower price on the cable package, I can bet with all certainty that at least 2 of the channels I do enjoy watching will disappear 3 months into my new contact.

What I would love to find out is which of the services like YouTube TV, Hulu TV, Philo TV, Orby TV or any of the others is the best.

Actually if we could just get the Digital Antenna to pick up the local channels better we would ditch Comcast cable and stream everything. (Wife loves regular TV and the local news)

Any expert advice?

Also...Mecca, what is the Comcast Flex box?

I only have internet from Comcast, if you are a net only subscriber they'll offer you a flex box for free, it's like a shitty roku.

sully1983 08-03-2020 01:48 PM

Netflix
Amazon Prime ( never really use it , need to use it more for sure)
HBO
Tempted to get Hulu because of that show called Devs It looks really good and I'm a fan of the show creator (Alex Garland who directed Ex Machina & Annhilation )

Deberg_1990 10-30-2020 12:23 PM

Peacock says “we’re not Quibi”

Also cancels ‘Brave New World’

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...-says-nbcu-ceo

NBCUniversal streaming service Peacock has reached more than 22 million sign-ups and is the "opposite of Quibi” because of its broad-based offering of familiar content, NBCUniversal CEO Jeff Shell said on Thursday.

Short-form mobile-first service Quibi, led by Jefffrey Katzenberg and Meg Whitman, recently said it was closing down.

Speaking on Comcast’s third-quarter earnings call, he cited such hit shows as dramas from Dick Wolf and others, which ensure a "deep library of familiar stuff."

Shell said the streamer was "way ahead” in terms of sign-ups, regular usage and engagement compared with internal forecasts.

Comcast, led by chairman and CEO Brian Roberts, had said at the end of July said that Peacock had reached 10 million sign-ups, with Roberts saying back then that the streamer's early momentum "exceeded our high expectations."

NBCU has said it hopes Peacock will attract 30 million to 35 million monthly active accounts by 2024. Management previously mentioned that in Comcast's broadband-only homes Peacock is already the no. 2 app behind Netflix, while in homes with the Xfinity X1 TV service platform it is no. 3 behind Netflix and YouTube, but "closing in" on the second spot.

NBCU recently rejigged and streamlined key parts of its operations to cut costs and update structures for the digital age. For example, a recently launched TV and Streaming unit, which combined those businesses under Mark Lazarus, unveiled a restructuring designed to shift resources and investment from linear to streaming. Roberts said recently that with the new structure, the company can more flexibly decide where content it produces should go. "Sometimes we are going to put it on cable and Peacock, or just Peacock" – all dependent on the content, he said.

htismaqe 10-30-2020 12:25 PM

The stuff I want to watch on Peacock has extremely limited episodes. It sucks.

Kopinto 10-30-2020 01:13 PM

Youtube Premium and Spotify.

vailpass 10-30-2020 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kopinto (Post 15286393)
Youtube Premium and Spotify.

What do you like about YT Premium?

eDave 10-31-2020 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 15286841)

Same question. vailpass is a stud.

lcarus 10-31-2020 06:31 AM

On and off: Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and on occasions Disney Plus.

Almost forgot - if you're into horror or thrillers, Shudder is good. They have a fair amount of exclusive/original content. I don't know if their original movies are any good. Probably not. And they have The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs. That's the big seller for me personally.

BigRedChief 10-31-2020 06:55 AM

Netflix, CBS All Access, Apple+, Amazon Prime, HBO Max, Disney+(Hulu and ESPN+ included).

Deberg_1990 10-31-2020 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 15287316)
On and off: Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and on occasions Disney Plus.

Almost forgot - if you're into horror or thrillers, Shudder is good. They have a fair amount of exclusive/original content. I don't know if their original movies are any good. Probably not. And they have The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs. That's the big seller for me personally.

Yea, i had Shudder for a trial one time. It was good!

SuperChief 10-31-2020 06:03 PM

Netflix, YouTube TV, Spotify Premium, Disney+, SiriusXM

Those are the ones I pay for. I also get Hulu from a friend whom I also share Netflix with.

I watch a TON of regular YouTube lately. This is a ridiculous time for content, I can't even imagine ever running out of cool shit to watch on YouTube.

jjchieffan 10-31-2020 10:19 PM

I have the disney plus bundle for free with my Verizon account. I also subscribe to Netflix, Philo and CBS all access. With the antenna and DVR, YouTube, and all the other stuff available for free, that's plenty. I used to subscribe to DirecTV Now, but dropped it because they kept raising the price. I also subscribe to Sling right before a Chiefs Monday night game, but I drop it when they have no more MNF games.

Mecca 11-01-2020 07:19 PM

It'd be nice if Netflix would stop raising prices.

lewdog 11-01-2020 07:25 PM

I don't pay for Netflix...........

I only watch it when I'm Netflix and chill with your mom, Deberg.

Deberg_1990 11-01-2020 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15291726)
It'd be nice if Netflix would stop raising prices.

It’s still a solid deal

Kopinto 11-02-2020 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 15286841)

No ads at all + background play. There is a download feature for offline watching but I don't use it. Oh yeah, as a bonus you get YT music.

vailpass 11-02-2020 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kopinto (Post 15292698)
No ads at all + background play. There is a download feature for offline watching but I don't use it. Oh yeah, as a bonus you get YT music.

Thanks.

Deberg_1990 03-04-2021 08:40 AM

CBS all access is now Paramount+ as of today.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tec...know-at-launch

KC_Lee 03-04-2021 09:34 AM

Some comments about HBO Max are that it's not worth it. Is this still case even with some movies getting release to HBO Max the same day as theaters?

I was thinking about subscribing but sounds like the content is limited.

Deberg_1990 03-04-2021 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 15571515)
Some comments about HBO Max are that it's not worth it. Is this still case even with some movies getting release to HBO Max the same day as theaters?

I like it more than most. But I don’t pay extra for it as it’s included in my AT&T streaming package. Plus, I haven’t had HBO in a long time so I’m getting caught up on stuff I missed.

tredadda 03-04-2021 11:37 AM

Quote:

I guess it would be worth it if you wanted to binge watch their old series or really want to watch their current stuff. I think the movies that they show same day are somewhat limited so I am not sure it justifies the monthly cost. Bit again for some it's not bad, I just won't spend that much a month. I can have Disney+ and Netflix (which TMobile) mostly pays for for less than HBO Max.

tredadda 03-04-2021 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15571459)
CBS all access is now Paramount+ as of today.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tec...know-at-launch

The pricing surprises me a little. I figured they would see Disney + as their main competition and would try to price accordingly and not offer a more expensive "without ads" option. Perhaps I am incorrect, either way it doesn't look appealing at all to me.

KC_Lee 03-04-2021 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15571673)
I like it more than most. But I don’t pay extra for it as it’s included in my AT&T streaming package. Plus, I haven’t had HBO in a long time so I’m getting caught up on stuff I missed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 15571690)
I guess it would be worth it if you wanted to binge watch their old series or really want to watch their current stuff. I think the movies that they show same day are somewhat limited so I am not sure it justifies the monthly cost. Bit again for some it's not bad, I just won't spend that much a month. I can have Disney+ and Netflix (which TMobile) mostly pays for for less than HBO Max.

Thanks for the feedback. Not really a binge watcher and really wanted it for the same day releases, i.e. Godzilla vs. Kong. Given the monthly cost I'll pass for now.

Again, thanks.

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2021 11:40 AM

Quote:

In my opinion, the only reason to subscribe to HBO Max is for their Original Content, whether that's HBO, Cinemax, DC, Looney Toons or Cartoon Network. I've seen pretty much every movie they're offering and unlike Disney+, which has pulled as much content as possible from other networks, there's very little Exclusivity with HBO Max, meaning you can find many of their monthly movie offerings eslewhere.

That will change in years to come because Original Content owners are either prematurely ending or waiting for their outside agreements to end so that people will only be able to find their TV series and feature films in one specific service.

As for their simultaneous release to theaters and HBO Max, Wonder Woman 1984 was awful, Tom & Jerry was worse and due to all of the negative reviews, I haven't even bothered to watch the latest Denzel film, which sucks because he's one of my favorite actors.

KC_Lee 03-04-2021 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15571701)
In my opinion, the only reason to subscribe to HBO Max is for their Original Content, whether that's HBO, Cinemax, DC, Looney Toons or Cartoon Network. I've seen pretty much every movie they're offering and unlike Disney+, which has pulled as much content as possible from other networks, there's very little Exclusivity with HBO Max, meaning you can find many of their monthly movie offerings eslewhere.

That will change in years to come because Original Content owners are either prematurely ending or waiting for their outside agreements to end so that people will only be able to find their TV series and feature films in one specific service.

As for their simultaneous release to theaters and HBO Max, Wonder Woman 1984 was awful, Tom & Jerry was worse and due to all of the negative reviews, I haven't even bothered to watch the latest Denzel film, which sucks because he's one of my favorite actors.

Yeah that's why I was asking and it sounds like it does not offer much extra outside of HBO's original programing which I really don't care about.

Anyone foresee a streaming "bubble" bursting with so many companies consolidating their content into separate streaming services? Cord cutting was worth it back in the day but now with so many streaming services it is becoming a cost / spending issue.

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2021 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 15571708)
Anyone foresee a streaming "bubble" bursting with so many companies consolidating their content into separate streaming services? Cord cutting was worth it back in the day but now with so many streaming services it is becoming a cost / spending issue.

No, because it's far too lucrative, especially if they're offering desirable IP.

Content lives forever, so why license it out to TBS or TNT or the local independent or affiliate for pennies on the dollar?

Even TNT, TBS and TruTV, which are subsidiaries of WarnerMedia, have begun creating their own content, most of which is Unscripted, but original content, nonetheless.

Deberg_1990 03-04-2021 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15571701)
I haven't even bothered to watch the latest Denzel film, which sucks because he's one of my favorite actors.

I liked it all the way until the last 30 minutes. Then it started having smart characters do stupid things. And of course an ambiguous ending. Frustrating.

I do like the ‘day and date’ theater/streaming drops.

Although the movies have mostly sucked to this date.

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2021 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15571783)
I do like the ‘day and date’ theater/streaming drops.

Although the movies have mostly sucked to this date.

Considering the movies have been less than impressive, while only adding about 9 million subscribers to HBO Max since their deals with Roku and Amazon went into effect (the majority of whom already were already paying for HBO), I'll be surprised if they continue this model because it's clearly not pulling in customers as they hoped.

Then again, it is AT&T, so I guess I should expect them to make the worst decision possible moving forward.

ThaVirus 03-04-2021 02:41 PM

HBO Max has some great stuff, IMO. Game of Thrones, Sopranos and The Wire are some of my favorite shows of all time. I haven't finished either but I'm very interested in Deadwood and Rome as well.

They've got the Alien flicks, recently had the Leprechauns (****ing love those movies!), and just added Batman: The Animated Series. They'll be releasing Godzilla vs Kong, Mortal Kombat, a new Conjuring movie and a few others that look decent later on this year.

I will say the app is absolute shit, though. It's slow as hell and not very responsive.

KC_Lee 03-04-2021 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15572082)
HBO Max has some great stuff, IMO. Game of Thrones, Sopranos and The Wire are some of my favorite shows of all time. I haven't finished either but I'm very interested in Deadwood and Rome as well.

They've got the Alien flicks, recently had the Leprechauns (****ing love those movies!), and just added Batman: The Animated Series. They'll be releasing Godzilla vs Kong, Mortal Kombat, a new Conjuring movie and a few others that look decent later on this year.

I will say the app is absolute shit, though. It's slow as hell and not very responsive.

Those are the only reasons I would get HBO Max but hoping theaters might be open, even at reduced capacity, to see these flix.

Deberg_1990 03-04-2021 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15572082)
They've got the Alien flicks, .

This brings up a question. Maybe Dane will know?

What’s Disney going to do with FOXs back catalog of adult titles like this?

Just continue to license them out to other services?

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2021 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15572126)
This brings up a question. Maybe Dane will know?

What’s Disney going to do with FOXs back catalog of adult titles like this?

Just continue to license them out to other services?

Disney launched Star+ earlier this year in territories x-US for more adult themed Fox movies and TV series but there's still trying to figure out what that looks like domestically.

Last I heard, Disney was considering using Hulu for the 20th Century Fox catalog but no decision has been made at this point in time.