ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Pioli was just on 610 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329436)

Hammock Parties 02-20-2020 08:43 AM

Pioli was just on 610

Holy crap, the guy makes my skin crawl.

He made it sound like he was part of the decision to hire Andy Reid...didn't take any responsibility for his failures or give any insight into why he was let go.

And half the time he was sitting there joking about how they needed more snacks at the meeting.

"I love pop tarts."

Every word out of his mouth made me want to puke.

InChiefsHeaven 02-20-2020 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14804679)
Holy crap, the guy makes my skin crawl.

He made it sound like he was part of the decision to hire Andy Reid...didn't take any responsibility for his failures or give any insight into why he was let go.

And half the time he was sitting there joking about how they needed more snacks at the meeting.

"I love pop tarts."

Every word out of his mouth made me want to puke.

Why they hell would they have him on their show??

Hammock Parties 02-20-2020 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven (Post 14804680)

I dunno but I tweeted about it and told them not to do it ever again.

No one wants to hear from that fraud.

The Franchise 02-20-2020 08:46 AM

I know what sounds good. Let’s bring up and talk about one of the darkest times of this franchise right after the best time. The ****?

The Franchise 02-20-2020 08:47 AM

What’s next? Are they going to attempt a seance to see how Belcher feels about the SB win?

ptlyon 02-20-2020 08:51 AM

Did he lead on that he found the candy wrapper bandit?

Hammock Parties 02-20-2020 08:53 AM

They basically asked him point blank why he wasn't retained and he just swept it under the rug.

"I can't really go into that, those conversations are private."

Yeah because Clark pulled your ****ing pants down.

Chiefspants 02-20-2020 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14804695)
They basically asked him point blank why he wasn't retained and he just swept it under the rug.

That's so 2-14.

loochy 02-20-2020 08:54 AM

Quote:

because he was a terrible GM

what kind of stupid question was that?

allen_kcCard 02-20-2020 08:55 AM

He wasn't "on" the show, they talked to him at the superbowl and saved this stuff for replay later.

The first part they played earlier wasn't bad, just him talking about mistakes he made in how he didn't make himself available to media and things like not seeing someone like Russel Wilson as a valuable QB to try for.

I didn't hear the Andy Reid interview part, they just teased it as him talking about how he was in the room.

Chief Northman 02-20-2020 09:20 AM

Quote:

Don’t forget that Clark wanted to find some way to retain Pioli but it was Donovan and Reid who basically said “no” to Pioli, and did not see him fitting in with their vision of/for the team.

Thank Christ.

Clark still had too much of Lamar’s loyalty in him then. Thankfully he’s figured it out, he’s realized he’s got a winner in Reid/Mahomes and now has that CHAMPIONSHIP SWAGGER.

notorious 02-20-2020 09:21 AM

**** that piece of shit.

Shiver Me Timbers 02-20-2020 09:21 AM

And 610 is the new broadcast partner of the Chiefs...............

Buehler445 02-20-2020 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14804750)
**** that piece of shit.

/thread

Hammock Parties 02-20-2020 09:28 AM

like the way he talks...you can tell he's just a total act....he puts on this persona of being this super thoughtful nice guy....HE'S SO ****ING GROSS, MAN

KC Hawks 02-20-2020 09:40 AM

How does he feel about pop tart wrappers?

Frazod 02-20-2020 09:42 AM

They should have asked him how he felt about the plane and the banner. 4321

Fish 02-20-2020 09:50 AM

Eat shit, Scott.

nychief 02-20-2020 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven (Post 14804680)

there is nothing going on in the sports world... unless you like meaningless conference college basketball. Gotta fill time, besides, people obviously listened.

ChiefBlueCFC 02-20-2020 10:24 AM

Prior to the super bowl he was on 810 and I wanted to punch my radio the entire time... all I could think about was bubble gum wrappers

JohnnyHammersticks 02-20-2020 10:29 AM

What's next for 610, booking an interview with OJ Simpson to get his viewpoint on all the knife attacks in Europe?

Dayze 02-20-2020 10:32 AM

just think of the number of people who have made millions peddling the "Patriot Way' and getting some sucker to buy/pay for that approach. hoping it would work.

Hammock Parties 02-20-2020 10:36 AM

every time i see or hear pioli these days it's like i need to go destroy one of voldemort's horcruxes

Deberg_1990 02-20-2020 10:38 AM

Love how he was part of the process to hire the guy who would take his job.

Like why wouldn’t he have just told Clark “**** this, I’m out!”

Or did he legitimately not know he was going to get canned?

ROFL

Chiefspants 02-20-2020 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14804877)
every time i see or hear pioli these days it's like i need to go destroy one of voldemort's horcruxes

I don't know, dude. He was just about the re-launch his career as an assistant GM. The stars were aligning for him, he fell into a rebound opportunity with the Falcons (with many people saying he ****ed over his longtime friend Dimitroff in the process) was one game from winning it all again. Articles like this were beginning to pop up too: https://www.theringer.com/2017/2/2/1...i-a68370752813

And then 28-3 happened against Bill B. and "Pioli's" former dynasty.

That was pretty much the equivalent of Neville Longbottom decapitating his final horcrux before getting blasted by a reflection of a killing curse he created. I don't know, I feel for him, and he's starting to own up ala Andy Bernard in Season 9 of the Office.

Hammock Parties 02-20-2020 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14804883)
Love how he was part of the process to hire the guy who would take his job.

Like why wouldn’t he have just told Clark “**** this, I’m out!”

Or did he legitimately not know he was going to get canned?

ROFL

He's a snake. He was obviously going to try and save his job.

Remember, Clark wanted to keep him.

redfan 02-20-2020 10:46 AM

F'n Mel Cooley lookin' mf'er, GTFOH.

Chiefspants 02-20-2020 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14804887)
He's a snake. He was obviously going to try and save his job.

Remember, Clark wanted to keep him.

Would not have been surprised if he was planning to hold onto his role and continue elevating it with Reid like he did in Atlanta (reportedly hurting a longtime friend in the process).

kcclone 02-20-2020 10:47 AM

I don't get the hatred. He admitted he made a lot of mistakes. What more can you ask from a guy who failed?

If he doesn't fail so miserably, we don't have Andy Reid or Mahomes in all likelihood.

Frazod 02-20-2020 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcclone (Post 14804908)
I don't get the hatred. He admitted he made a lot of mistakes. What more can you ask from a guy who failed?

If he doesn't fail so miserably, we don't have Andy Reid or Mahomes in all likelihood.

He can **** off and die, or at the very least **** off and shut up. Nobody wants to hear his thoughts about the team he did his damnedest to deliberately destroy. And yes, I mean deliberately. I will always believe he came here to sabotage us. He basically did to the Chiefs what I would have done to the Broncos if Bowlen had named me GM.

rabblerouser 02-20-2020 11:10 AM

EWWWWWW.

610 has Piolistink on it!

Chiefspants 02-20-2020 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14804921)
He can **** off and die, or at the very least **** off and shut up. Nobody wants to hear his thoughts about the team he did his damnedest to deliberately destroy. And yes, I mean deliberately. I will always believe he came here to sabotage us. He basically did to the Chiefs what I would have done to the Broncos if Bowlen had named me GM.

Elway could give Pioli a run for his money with his handling of the Broncos post-2015. Elway is so, so fortunate that Denver landed Carolina and not a team with a competent offensive playcaller and offensive line that season.

Hammock Parties 02-20-2020 11:21 AM

Quote:

They lobbed him softball questions and he didn't even give answers to all of them.

He didn't admit shit.

Hammock Parties 02-20-2020 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 14804905)
Would not have been surprised if he was planning to hold onto his role and continue elevating it with Reid like he did in Atlanta (reportedly hurting a longtime friend in the process).

LMAO

Details. What a scum****pussbag.

Shiver Me Timbers 02-20-2020 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 14804957)
Elway could give Pioli a run for his money with his handling of the Broncos post-2015. Elway is so, so fortunate that Denver landed Carolina and not a team with a competent offensive playcaller and offensive line that season.

Pants has a good point. Never really thought about the comparison.

FloridaMan88 02-20-2020 11:26 AM

What does 610 have planned next? A panel discussion with Carl Peterson, Steve Bono, Paul Hackett, Lin Elliott, Elvis Grbac and Greg Robinson?

JFC no one wants to hear from Fat Scott.

Hammock Parties 02-20-2020 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 14804977)
What does 610 have planned next? A panel discussion with Carl Peterson, Steve Bono, Paul Hackett, Lin Elliott, Elvis Grbac and Greg Robinson?

Those men are like the 60s Chiefs compared to Scott.

Chiefspants 02-20-2020 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14804971)
LMAO

Details. What a scum****pussbag.

This made headlines at the time. Boomer Esiason (who always has seemed pretty well connected with the league) was beating this drum when Pioli's hiring was announced and didn't change his position during Pioli's early years with the Falcons.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomer Esiason
Is Scott Pioli going to go in there and ruin that franchise like he did Kansas City?

[...]

(General Manager Thomas Dimitroff has) been cut off at the knees by a guy he formerly worked with and for up there in New England [Pioli]," Esiason said. "This is what happens in this world. In the NFL, basically they cannibalize each other. They eat each other. They eat their young like Piranhas. It's a dysfunctional group of people that live in a dysfunctional world that back-stab each other.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/atlanta-fal...DLuUNh8U0YVJP/

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2015/1...much-of-thomas

I can't find any articles about Pioli "stepping down" from the Falcons now, but Falcons fans pretty collectively said he was canned and that it was surprising that Pioli was targeted instead of both him and Thomas D. as a unit. Falcons fans are pretty fed up with Dimitroff as a whole. A lot of chatter (similar to the Peters-Mahomes feud chatter that was on here/sports talk radio) that Pioli's spot in the org was coming at the expense of Dimitroff from the time Pioli was hired.

EDIT: Just found this. In 2015 (a year after Pioli was hired) Arthur Blank said in an interview that Pioli was responsible for scouting, the draft, and free agency while Quinn had final say over the rosters, leaving Thomas D with the "salary cap, which is a huge factor in contacts, contract negotiations and other different areas. Video areas. There are a variety of areas like the logistics of the team and logistics of supporting the head coach in a variety of ways, moving the team from here to there." Which led Falcon fans to say that Dimitroff was the "check signer" for the org (and probably also explains their surprise that Pioli was canned over him). Idk. Interesting stuff now that I jump in. Sounds like Blank gave Dimitroff the human relations/not calling Michael Scott conference room meetings over candy wrappers and having a groupthink about what Twitter is and tried to give Pioli the tasks he always said he was best at (he always claimed he got fired from the Chiefs for being too focused on the other stuff)

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2019/5...down-from-role

https://abc7ny.com/sports/dan-quinn-...roster/502512/

Flying High D 02-20-2020 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14804750)
**** that piece of shit.

Link and/or pics

Flying High D 02-20-2020 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14804921)

He was doing the best he could with what he had to work with. Pretty sure he is inbred.

Hammock Parties 02-20-2020 11:46 AM

What a POS.

I bet Dimitroff hates Fat Scott now. The Falcons are trash.

dlphg9 02-20-2020 12:28 PM

Quote:

He was an ego maniac and obviously a terrible leader. He had no power when he was with Belichick, so once he was able to con someone into hiring him he decided he was going to be a ****ing nazi psychopath and micromanage the hell out of every aspect of the organization and never allowed his coaches, specifically Todd Haley, to make any real personnel decisions. Hes full of shit and puts on a show cuz if he doesnt he won't get another job. Hes not sincere and the KC job inflated his ego. ****ing shit bag loser needs kneecapped.

Deberg_1990 02-20-2020 12:36 PM

Quote:

An in-depth app interview with Frank Ganz coming up next!

Frosty 02-20-2020 12:59 PM

It was annoying how the media was reaching out to past GMs and coaches leading up to the SB. Those ****ers failed hard and shouldn't have any part of the joy of winning now.

I don't mind the ex-players joining in, though. It wasn't TonyG's fault that Carl couldn't get a decent QB and defense at the same time. As an aside, it's crazy that the Chiefs only made the play-offs three times the whole time Tony was on the team, losing them all, of course. No wonder he wanted out.

bobhill 02-20-2020 01:20 PM

Was pioli fired before or after andy was hired

JohnnyHammersticks 02-20-2020 01:35 PM

Quote:

I despise Pioli more than I ever disliked Elliott.

Elliott was just incompetent.

Pioli was ARROGANTLY incompetent.

siberian khatru 02-20-2020 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers (Post 14804751)
And 610 is the new broadcast partner of the Chiefs...............

I guess that's started. Seems that 810 lately has been running only Kevin Harlan's SB calls, when previously they would include Mitch Holthus'. I assume that when the partnership switches, the former station can't run any of the old Chiefs Network stuff.

eDave 02-20-2020 02:56 PM

Cleveland Browns player Gregory Robinson was arrested after US Border Patrol agents found 157 pounds of marijuana in a car, officials said.

Robinson, 27, and Jaquan Bray, 26, were charged in a federal complaint with conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute marijuana and possession intent to distribute, the US Attorney's Office for the Western District of Texas said in a news release. If convicted, they could face up to 20 years in federal prison.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/20/us/gr...ana/index.html

displacedinMN 02-20-2020 02:56 PM

Scott......All Chiefs fans know the truth

dlphg9 02-20-2020 03:06 PM

Quote:

Carl Peterson should not be mentioned with these scum bags. Carl was 10x the GM that Fat Pioli ever dreamed of being. Although Carl never won or got to a SB, he did alot to turn this franchise around from some bad bad times.

Frosty 02-20-2020 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 14805517)
Cleveland Browns player Gregory Robinson was arrested after US Border Patrol agents found 157 pounds of marijuana in a car, officials said.

Robinson, 27, and Jaquan Bray, 26, were charged in a federal complaint with conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute marijuana and possession intent to distribute, the US Attorney's Office for the Western District of Texas said in a news release. If convicted, they could face up to 20 years in federal prison.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/20/us/gr...ana/index.html

Settle down there, Mahomo4Life!

Lzen 02-20-2020 03:35 PM

I agree. I heard him on there on my way to work 7:45. I was disgusted and just changed the channel. That guy can diaf! 4321

WTF is wrong with you, 610am?
Were they the same station that had the kicker (you know which one) on during SB week?

ChiefsFanatic 02-20-2020 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14804767)
like the way he talks...you can tell he's just a total act....he puts on this persona of being this super thoughtful nice guy....HE'S SO ****ING GROSS, MAN

I said in another thread after we won, I would like to throw some Super Bowl Winner Confetti in the stairwell, and send him a pic of it.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

SuperBowl4 02-20-2020 05:43 PM

Quote:

And Matt Cassel SUCKED along with ERIC WINSTON

FAX 02-20-2020 06:25 PM

"We would now like to introduce a new segment of the show sponsored by Depends; the undergarment you can count on when you've successfully escaped from the home."

"It's called Scumbags On Parade and we now welcome our first guest, the man who tried to singlehandedly destroy the Chiefs; Mr. Pristine Stairwells himself ... Scott Pioli."

FAX