ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life 2020 Health, Fitness And Weight Loss (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=327750)

philfree 01-03-2020 08:38 PM

2020 Health, Fitness And Weight Loss

It's that time again. Time to evaluate ones health status and begin a healthy life process for the new year and beyond. With hindsight 50/50 and the odds being 20/20 I'm in search of a plan.

I have all the tools at home(weights, treadmill etc) to do the work and I've used it all successfully in the past. I'm just not sure I want to go that route again. Or at least I need a new toy to get motivated. I've been eyeing the Bowflex Max. Does anyone have any experience or feedback on the Max?

lewdog 01-03-2020 09:02 PM

Working out is a lifestyle and habit at this point.

I’ll never stop and feel weird if I miss the gym for multiple days.

philfree 01-03-2020 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 14692834)

I like to work out but I have a bad cycle where I put in the work and do good things and get into pretty good shape.(for an older guy) But then I slowly lose interest and then deteriorate over time. Over a few years time. That's where I'm at now except I've had a lot of life stress that's contributed to my current down turn. It's time to shake it off and get with it.

ThaVirus 01-03-2020 09:20 PM

Quote:

This is where I am. I feel like a lazy piece of shit when I miss a day at the gym; can't imagine myself stopping altogether.

Rain Man 01-03-2020 09:29 PM

I've lost three pounds already this year. Dang virus. I've been dragging myself around for the entire decade so far.

Sofa King 01-03-2020 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14692880)
I've lost three pounds already this year. Dang virus. I've been dragging myself around for the entire decade so far.

Please don't die.

Indian Chief 01-03-2020 10:14 PM

Quote:

I feel this way about Scotch.

cdcox 01-03-2020 10:22 PM

Quote:

Must be going around the office at Sandbox.

BWillie 01-03-2020 10:59 PM

Quote:

I used to be like that. Then you hit 30 and are like does it really matter? Who am I trying to impress. I mean if you want to live longer I get it but thats about it. I used to be a big time work out goon. Takes alot to maintain.

Went from 192 lbs, benching 300 lbs to 175 lbs skinny fat guy with close to 19% body fat. I lose weight as I get older. Just get fatter.

jerryaldini 01-03-2020 11:09 PM

I'm much more motivated to workout at the gym than home. Did 10 miles bird hunting today up and down in the mountains over about 5 hours. Serious leg cramps but feel amazing. Gym 3 days a week, mountains one. Does wonders for the psychological outlook as well.

philfree 01-04-2020 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerryaldini (Post 14692996)
I'm much more motivated to workout at the gym than home. Did 10 miles bird hunting today up and down in the mountains over about 5 hours. Serious leg cramps but feel amazing. Gym 3 days a week, mountains one. Does wonders for the psychological outlook as well.

Bird Hunting used to be part of my fitness but the last few years I hardly went so I got rid of my dogs last spring. But yeah being out in the field is good for your well being. In a good year I'd workout in January-mid March and then start golfing and pounding balls with the workouts going away as Springs comes on but the golf and a few laps in the pool. Then bird hunt in the fall and early winter.

I think now it needs to be work out-golf,swim a few laps-watch Chiefs and walk on down the beach. To a tiki bar. I think that should cover the yearly cycle. Just need to start some kind of works outs now. And stop gorging and slamming Crown and Sprite. :LOL: Piece of cake!

saphojunkie 01-04-2020 03:19 AM

I do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu 4-5 times a week. Haven't been getting to my MMA sessions lately, so I need to get my ass back in gear.

That keeps my conditioning up, my mind stable. In terms of losing weight, after 35 it is ALL diet. No dairy, soy, gluten, corn, added sugar, white starches. Do that for a month, along with a nutrient-dense vegan protein. Not because I love animals, but because non-soy vegan protein is the SHIT. Whey protein may as well be injections of fat into your body. It's the protein of cow's milk, which has exactly one purpose on earth: making baby cows become big fat cows.

I do a pea and cranberry protein. No artificial ingredients, all non-GMO. Just incredibly nutritious, tasty, and satisfying. I did this last year, worked out LESS, and lost more weight than I ever have, even when I was running marathons.

lewdog 01-04-2020 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 14692976)
I used to be like that. Then you hit 30 and are like does it really matter? Who am I trying to impress. I mean if you want to live longer I get it but thats about it. I used to be a big time work out goon. Takes alot to maintain.

Went from 192 lbs, benching 300 lbs to 175 lbs skinny fat guy with close to 19% body fat. I lose weight as I get older. Just get fatter.

You’re partially right.

My 20’s was about looking good for the ladies.

In my mid 30’s working out is now 100% for me.

ChiefRocka 01-04-2020 07:24 AM

My new daily routine is celery juice in the am, Peloton right after work, marrow broth just before dinner, coconut water just before bed for the sweet tooth. Three clean meals, two healthy snacks. Very minimal breads & pastas. Weights, pushups/pullups twice a week. Down 4.

Mennonite 01-04-2020 07:37 AM

This all sounds horrible guys.

philfree 01-04-2020 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 14693258)
My new daily routine is celery juice in the am, Peloton right after work, marrow broth just before dinner, coconut water just before bed for the sweet tooth. Three clean meals, two healthy snacks. Very minimal breads & pastas. Weights, pushups/pullups twice a week. Down 4.

I was thinking about getting a Peloton. Like everything worth damn these days they're so expensive. That or Bowflex Max. I used to have a cheap climber years ago and I wore that thing out.

mlyonsd 01-04-2020 10:19 AM

Quote:

Have you gone to the doctor? At your age you don't want it to turn into pneumonia.

Chiefshrink 01-04-2020 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 14693199)
I do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu 4-5 times a week. Haven't been getting to my MMA sessions lately, so I need to get my ass back in gear.

That keeps my conditioning up, my mind stable. In terms of losing weight, after 35 it is ALL diet. No dairy, soy, gluten, corn, added sugar, white starches. Do that for a month, along with a nutrient-dense vegan protein. Not because I love animals, but because non-soy vegan protein is the SHIT. Whey protein may as well be injections of fat into your body. It's the protein of cow's milk, which has exactly one purpose on earth: making baby cows become big fat cows.

I do a pea and cranberry protein. No artificial ingredients, all non-GMO. Just incredibly nutritious, tasty, and satisfying. I did this last year, worked out LESS, and lost more weight than I ever have, even when I was running marathons.

Now you just need to work on your sleep.;) What in the world are doing up at 2:19 a.m. with all this meticulous care you do with your diet ? Unless of course this is when you work.

chinaski 01-04-2020 10:52 AM

Quote:

Curious what protein you are using? Link? Thx in Advance. :)

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-04-2020 11:29 AM

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned jumping jacks. I'm up to 10 per day now.

BWillie 01-04-2020 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 14693513)
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned jumping jacks. I'm up to 10 per day now.

I nominate Hog as a Top 5 poster on CP

BWillie 01-04-2020 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 14693258)

Jesus Christ. That sounds terrible. How do you not weigh 100 lbs? Steak 4 times a week. Eat ok in the week but gorge out on the weekends. Ive lost about 17 lbs since I was 25.

displacedinMN 01-04-2020 12:15 PM

walking on the tread mill. Makes my knee hurt.

dlphg9 01-04-2020 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski (Post 14693449)
Curious what protein you are using? Link? Thx in Advance. :)

Takes a shot of cum right in the bum every night before bed. Food comes out almost as soon as it goes in.

Marcellus 01-04-2020 12:20 PM

Quote:

Yea this is nonsense. Not near the amino acids in pea protein and I can only imagine cranberry protein. The downside to whey is it does have more cholesteral than milk protein concentrate but you can get plenty of dairy based proteins that are an MPC/Whey blend. Neither Whey nor MPC has much fat in it though, very small amounts, hence the term "protein concentrate" or "isolate".

I work at a company that makes every type of protein drink you can think of, dairy, pea, soy, quinoa, rice, well everything but cranberry apparently. Been in the business for almost 20 years now.

Don't get me started on the non GMO scam.

If you like it good for you and you will stick with it but your reasoning isn't exactly valid.

Cntrygal 01-04-2020 12:48 PM

2020 is (another) new start for me.

I was actually making great progress in 2017, in both cardio and strength training.... then BLAM.

Stage 3 Malt Lymphoma. Not only did the chemo kick my ass, I was allergic to the protocol my oncologist wanted me on. Hellllllllooooooooo Steriods. Who the hell GAINS weight while on chemo? Me.

I'm in remission now and was slated to walk/run a Half-Marathon in September... instead, I shattered my wrist and broke my radius in multiple places.

I think I've got 2020 covered and my path back to health and wellness should be clear - as soon as I kick the crud that my damn boss spread around at work.

scho63 01-04-2020 12:49 PM

I have gained and lost over 250 pounds in the last 15 years and it sucks being prone to overweight. I lost 80 pounds from March 22 2017 to August 2018 and now in the last 6 months I've put 50-55 back on.

I have such a lust for good food that it sucks....

I wish I had a swimmer's body rather than a caveman's. :(

philfree 01-04-2020 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 14693581)
walking on the tread mill. Makes my knee hurt.

That's why I'm considering the Bowflex Max. It's non impact.

philfree 01-04-2020 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cntrygal (Post 14693628)

I was actually making great progress in 2017, in both cardio and strength training.... then BLAM.

Stage 3 Malt Lymphoma. Not only did the chemo kick my ass, I was allergic to the protocol my oncologist wanted me on. Hellllllllooooooooo Steriods. Who the hell GAINS weight while on chemo? Me.

I'm in remission now and was slated to walk/run a Half-Marathon in September... instead, I shattered my wrist and broke my radius in multiple places.

I think I've got 2020 covered and my path back to health and wellness should be clear - as soon as I kick the crud that my damn boss spread around at work.

That's a rough go. God bless and hang in there.

64 Chief 01-04-2020 02:45 PM

Eat less and join a gym for motivation. Working out regularly with partner also helps with motivation.

Rain Man 01-04-2020 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 14693406)
Have you gone to the doctor? At your age you don't want it to turn into pneumonia.

I feel like it's just a really bad cold. But man, it's kicking my keester. For the past three days I've been impersonating a corpse on my couch.

jerryaldini 01-04-2020 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 14693159)
Bird Hunting used to be part of my fitness but the last few years I hardly went so I got rid of my dogs last spring. But yeah being out in the field is good for your well being. In a good year I'd workout in January-mid March and then start golfing and pounding balls with the workouts going away as Springs comes on but the golf and a few laps in the pool. Then bird hunt in the fall and early winter.

I think now it needs to be work out-golf,swim a few laps-watch Chiefs and walk on down the beach. To a tiki bar. I think that should cover the yearly cycle. Just need to start some kind of works outs now. And stop gorging and slamming Crown and Sprite. :LOL: Piece of cake!

Curious, why did you give up the hunting? Must have been hard to give up the dogs.

Most important thing is to get into routine with exercise. We are creatures of habit.

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-04-2020 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14693795)
I feel like it's just a really bad cold. But man, it's kicking my keester. For the past three days I've been impersonating a corpse on my couch.

Rain, have you'd tried taking a flu bomb? Every time me or my daughter starts feeling symptoms we take a flu bomb to stop it in its tracks.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/v0NfZ_mDmJU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rain Man 01-04-2020 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 14693816)
Rain, have you'd tried taking a flu bomb? Every time me or my daughter starts feeling symptoms we take a flu bomb to stop it in its tracks.

My wife's got me on some immune booster thing that's a combination of a bunch of things that don't taste good. All roots and bark and stuff. She'd heard good things about it from other people, but I think maybe I got it too late to do any good. Either that, or I'd be dead now without it.

Sorry 01-04-2020 03:26 PM

Quote:

Any name brands you recommend for the protein?

Rain Man 01-04-2020 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorry (Post 14693853)
Any name brands you recommend for the protein?

Marcellus will be watching this closely.

Mennonite 01-04-2020 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14693821)
My wife's got me on some immune booster thing that's a combination of a bunch of things that don't taste good. All roots and bark and stuff. She'd heard good things about it from other people, but I think maybe I got it too late to do any good. Either that, or I'd be dead now without it.

It's your only hope:

https://i.imgur.com/cuypJV3.gif

We'll dvr the SB for you.

UK_Chief 01-04-2020 03:37 PM

Always been a keen gym goer but hated running other than sprints/intervals. Anyway, got a garmin watch a couple of months ago and it’s transformed my workouts and got me so much fitter. I thought I was pretty fit before but until you’re tracking everything you can believe what you want to. Would recommend for anyone wanting to make a change or improve

Delano 01-04-2020 03:47 PM

Is this thread a ****ing Bowflex Max advertisement?

Buehler445 01-04-2020 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14693589)
Yea this is nonsense. Not near the amino acids in pea protein and I can only imagine cranberry protein. The downside to whey is it does have more cholesteral than milk protein concentrate but you can get plenty of dairy based proteins that are an MPC/Whey blend. Neither Whey nor MPC has much fat in it though, very small amounts, hence the term "protein concentrate" or "isolate".

I work at a company that makes every type of protein drink you can think of, dairy, pea, soy, quinoa, rice, well everything but cranberry apparently. Been in the business for almost 20 years now.

Don't get me started on the non GMO scam.

If you like it good for you and you will stick with it but your reasoning isn't exactly valid.

FWIW I started a food safety thread a few years ago when BEP and I got into it over some ****ing gluten allergy (not celiacs) nonsense. But if you want to address the organic/natural/GMO hogwash we should probably do it elsewhere.

philfree 01-04-2020 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano (Post 14693959)
Is this thread a ****ing Bowflex Max advertisement?

No but I did ask if anyone had any experience and feedback on the Max. Doesn't seem that they do. No matter though because I pulled the trigger. Bowflex Max 8 on the way.

mlyonsd 01-04-2020 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 64 Chief (Post 14693792)
Eat less and join a gym for motivation. Working out regularly with partner also helps with motivation.

Well get better. We need your A game in a week.

Rain Man 01-04-2020 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 14694560)
No but I did ask if anyone had any experience and feedback on the Max. Doesn't seem that they do. No matter though because I pulled the trigger. Bowflex Max 8 on the way.

Report back to us. I'd like to get some sort of exercise machine at some point. I have the arms of a T-Rex.

Marcellus 01-04-2020 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14694486)
FWIW I started a food safety thread a few years ago when BEP and I got into it over some ****ing gluten allergy (not celiacs) nonsense. But if you want to address the organic/natural/GMO hogwash we should probably do it elsewhere.

Thanks but don't worry I am not interested in it. You know how that shit goes, people believe what they want to.

BWillie 01-04-2020 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14694486)

Isn't there quite a big difference between organic and non-gmo? I just don't want food that roundup & known chemicals have been grown in, that cause cancer.

scho63 01-04-2020 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cntrygal (Post 14693628)

Go fight and win!
:clap::clap:

Dunit35 01-04-2020 08:28 PM

Ran a half marathon on Xmas eve. Been having trouble with my outside right knee ever since. Been running 5k’s every couple days and around 2-2.5 miles into the run my knee pain flares up, every time. Guess it’s time to bike ride for a week. Bike riding feels like I’m not getting a full workout.

Chief Roundup 01-04-2020 09:02 PM

What is the best "single" for a bottle of water? Kool-Aid, Crystal Light, Mio or ?????
I am stopping Mtn. Dew as I have been putting on too much weight.
I still have one in the morning and a cup of coffee after work to make sure I don't have caffeine headaches.

rabblerouser 01-04-2020 09:06 PM

In.

BWillie 01-04-2020 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 14696310)
What is the best "single" for a bottle of water? Kool-Aid, Crystal Light, Mio or ?????
I still have one in the morning and a cup of coffee after work to make sure I don't have caffeine headaches.

Grape or Black Cherry Waterloo Sparkling Water

Chief Roundup 01-04-2020 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 14696348)
Grape or Black Cherry Waterloo Sparkling Water

That is a bottled water. I am looking for an enhancer. I do drink plain bottled water.

lewdog 01-04-2020 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 14696361)
That is a bottled water. I am looking for an enhancer. I do drink plain bottled water.

I just buy the off brand Mio to squirt in water and drink one 32oz bottle of that a day, along with 64oz of regular water. There are so many great flavors, I just pick and choose a few different ones each month.

stevieray 01-04-2020 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 14694560)

Good for you.

As we get older, the most important thing overall is to get/keep the blood flowing and avoid ego lifting.

I'm interested how it works out for you too, so let us know!

:thumb:

Captain Obvious 01-04-2020 09:52 PM

Quote:

Jolly Rancher and Crush.

Buehler445 01-04-2020 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 14695953)
Isn't there quite a big difference between organic and non-gmo? I just don't want food that roundup & known chemicals have been grown in, that cause cancer.

If there were any chemicals, at least the chemicals I use detectable on any foods ****ing ever (as long as the operator followed the label instructions) there is no ****ing way it would be on the market. EPA would shut that shit down like a bullet to the brain. The EPA has been trying to get rid of atrazine for ****ing decades, because you know, politics, but they run different studies trying to find it anywhere and just can't do it, so we still have atrazine.

I had a broker tell me off the record that a chick he was banging at a samples lab said there was an organic sample that came through that had more PPM of glyphosate than any of the conventional samples they had.

Simple truth is that conventional crops are subject to far more scrutiny by far more regulatory bodies than any of the "healthier" shit out there. It's a marketing gimmick because enough soccer moms out there have more dollars than sense and can't do appropriate research, then tell all their idiot friends ZOMG THEY'RE POISONING MY BABIES!!!1!!

If you want to have an in earnest discussion, I'd be happy to, outside of this thread, but no, nothing you can find in the supermarket has been soaked in glyphosate.

ChiefsCountry 01-04-2020 11:34 PM

I do bodyweight exercises and yoga 5 times a week. Need to get back to walking and running again. Counting calories is how I lost a bunch of weight before and it's how I can do it again. Do an acai berry cleanse every few months, doing it right now. 5 days of runny shit lol. But it cleans you out.

Titty Meat 01-04-2020 11:53 PM

I'm doing an upper body split. I've been very consistent with my workouts the past 4 months or so. Diet is a whole other issue but it's been great this week.

Gave up drinking for the month, drinking about a gallon of water a day, walking 8-10k steps + workouts and doing HIIT a few times a week.

I can finally say I'm 100% locked in

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-04-2020 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14697449)
I'm doing an upper body split. I've been very consistent with my workouts the past 4 months or so. Diet is a whole other issue but it's been great this week.

Gave up drinking for the month, drinking about a gallon of water a day, walking 8-10k steps + workouts and doing HIIT a few times a week.

I can finally say I'm 100% locked in

You'll fail as usual. just do a few jumping jacks and call it good.

-King- 01-05-2020 12:36 AM

Man I was 179 in October when I went on a cruise. 4 months later and I'm at 210 feeling and looking like shit smh. That week through off my whole routine and I haven't been down to my gym since then and eat like shit. Not a new years resolution but I gotta get back in the 170-180s range.

bricks 01-05-2020 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14697521)
Man I was 179 in October when I went on a cruise. 4 months later and I'm at 210 feeling and looking like shit smh. That week through off my whole routine and I haven't been down to my gym since then and eat like shit. Not a new years resolution but I gotta get back in the 170-180s range.

Wow. Thats a hefty weight gain in a short time span.

I know how that feels. Been there, done that. Got out of it.

Its a shitty feeling I agree.

Faith is the most important thing to help you overcome this and to persist through it. It all starts with you, really wanting it and believing that you could accomplish your goals. One day at a time and try to stay positive everyday.

Positive self-fulfilling prophecies are our best friends. All the best bud. Hope you get out of this situation.

-King- 01-05-2020 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 14697546)
Wow. Thats a hefty weight gain in a short time span.

I know how that feels. Been there, done that. Got out of it.

Its a shitty feeling I agree.

Faith is the most important thing to help you overcome this and to persist through it. It all starts with you, really wanting it and believing that you could accomplish your goals. One day at a time and try to stay positive everyday.

Positive self-fulfilling prophecies are our best friends. All the best bud. Hope you get out of this situation.

Yeah I know how I am and I just need 2 or 3 solid workouts and I'll be back in it, but man, its unbelievable how lazy I've been. I always have periods of laziness when my routine gets interrupted for multiple days at a time, but nothing like this.

My goal is to be 185ish by mid April so if I start now, that should be an easy to meet seeing as I usually aim for 1.5 to 2lbs a week. I just have to make it down to my gym first...

Titty Meat 01-05-2020 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14697591)
Yeah I know how I am and I just need 2 or 3 solid workouts and I'll be back in it, but man, its unbelievable how lazy I've been. I always have periods of laziness when my routine gets interrupted for multiple days at a time, but nothing like this.

My goal is to be 185ish by mid April so if I start now, that should be an easy to meet seeing as I usually aim for 1.5 to 2lbs a week. I just have to make it down to my gym first...

Do you have a gym membership or workout at home? If you have a membership how close is it to your house? I'd say start out on a Friday or Saturday those tend to be the days I'm less lazy then you'll get into the flow of it hopefully.

scho63 01-05-2020 05:46 AM

So the "Biscuits and Gravy" and "2020 Health, Fitness And Weight Loss" are running side by side on CP as I post.

That speaks volumes.....LMAO

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-05-2020 09:38 AM

Thinking about knocking out 5 more jumping jacks this afternoon.

philfree 01-05-2020 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 14697763)

I think you should move on to some Squat Thrust.

BigRedChief 01-05-2020 09:44 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14692865)
This is where I am. I feel like a lazy piece of shit when I miss a day at the gym; can't imagine myself stopping altogether.

Same. If I miss working out for a a few days due to life, I feel bad and miss it. Just get in the habit and party on.

philfree 01-05-2020 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 14697626)
So the "Biscuits and Gravy" and "2020 Health, Fitness And Weight Loss" are running side by side on CP as I post.

That speaks volumes.....LMAO

What are you smoking thread should be up soon too. LOL

Edit: The Wife says she wants some Biscuits and Gravy for breakfast. Sounds good along with a couple eggs over medium. I don't think eating a good breakfast is ever the problem it's what happens the rest of the day.

Titty Meat 01-05-2020 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 14697763)

I hope you break your leg

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-05-2020 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14697783)
I hope you break your leg

yeah, that's possible .I might hold off.

scho63 01-05-2020 06:47 PM

Quote:

Powerade Zero is great and at .69-.80 for a 32 ounce bottle, you cant beat it. I've actually gotten it on sale at Fry's or Safeway for .49, a real steal.

Zero calories and the grape,orange and fruit punch taste really good. :thumb:

-King- 01-05-2020 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14697601)
Do you have a gym membership or workout at home? If you have a membership how close is it to your house? I'd say start out on a Friday or Saturday those tend to be the days I'm less lazy then you'll get into the flow of it hopefully.

Home gym.

The Franchise 01-05-2020 06:52 PM

Getting back into it. Doing intermittent fasting and going to try and get back to the gym at least three times a week. Taking the oldest kid so hopefully that will keep me on task.

displacedinMN 01-05-2020 07:00 PM

Quote:

We have a water here called WaterJoe. It has caffeine in it. The neighbors dad works for the company. Don't know if you can get it there

https://waterjoe.com/

Boiled Chicken 01-05-2020 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 14696080)
Ran a half marathon on Xmas eve. Been having trouble with my outside right knee ever since. Been running 5k’s every couple days and around 2-2.5 miles into the run my knee pain flares up, every time. Guess it’s time to bike ride for a week. Bike riding feels like I’m not getting a full workout.

I’ve had a similar experience. I ran the KC half marathon this year and felt great. Signed up for the Garmin half and have been running 10+ on Sundays. Got the same symptoms you’re describing right around Thanksgiving. Tried to power through but has seemed to make it worse. Dr. Google tells me it’s an illiotibial (IT) band issue. I’m wearing a brace while doing elliptical and zero runner, but getting frustrated not being on the road during this great winter weather. Not to mention this is affecting my training regimen.

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-05-2020 10:15 PM

Lets do this!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Dwp9kdf58UY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Titty Meat 01-05-2020 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14700201)
Home gym.

Get off your ass and stop being lazy. If you want extra motivation post a shirtless pic online.

BWillie 01-06-2020 03:30 AM

I've never understood the fasting thing. What is the allure? When I was a workout goon it was always urged to eat frequently, but not much food at one time. This not only doesn't spike your insulin levels leading to fat storage but it gives you good energy for the entirety of your day and helps you maintain a healthy metabolism.

But I'm sure 2006 workout forums were wrong yeah?

philfree 01-06-2020 08:32 AM

In anticipation of my Bowflex Max being delivered I thought I would do some stretching and walk on the treadmill. I did that Saturday. Sunday my left ankle was really sore. Like I'd sprained it. I hobbled around all day Sunday. Last night I iced it for a good bit and it's much better this morning. That ankle seems to just be sprained about once a month for very little reason. That's what I'm up against. Old people shit.:shake:

dirk digler 01-06-2020 10:26 AM

I am foodie but I need to get motivated some how to lose some weight. I weigh 185 and would like to get down to 170 and I have done Keto a couple of times with good success but I need some motivation and I am struggling with caring :D

We have one shitty gym in our town so not much options so I am thinking on getting a Peloton or something like that.

Any advice lol?

RockChalk 01-06-2020 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14693589)

That being said...what protein drink/powder tops your list? In the market for a new one.