ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Don't look now, but our defense... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=327376)

ntexascardfan 12-15-2019 07:23 PM

Don't look now, but our defense...

after today's great showing against the donkeys we will be tied for 12th in the league in scoring defense.

With a couple good showings to end the season we could be a top 10 scoring defense in year 1 under Spags.

Reerun_KC 12-15-2019 07:24 PM

I’m a fan

3rd and Spaggot

comochiefsfan 12-15-2019 07:29 PM

For the first few games, I didn’t see any improvement over last year. I thought Spags was a bust.

Once Mahomes went down they started playing better.

The Tennessee game I think is what really woke them up. I think they were embarrassed and I think that was the game that prompted the leaders on the defense to step up and challenge each other. Since then we’ve been nails.

It’s been impressive and fun to watch for sure.

Hog's Gone Fishin 12-15-2019 07:29 PM

Would like to know where we rank for the last 5 games

Red Dawg 12-15-2019 07:30 PM

They got better. That's coaching.

Naptown Chief 12-15-2019 07:31 PM

I Spalieve

Hammock Parties 12-15-2019 07:34 PM

This is gonna work, Steve.

big nasty kcnut 12-15-2019 07:38 PM

It useally take half a season for a new defense to jell. I knew spags d would be good.

Easy 6 12-15-2019 07:40 PM

What’s up guy, yeah Spags took care of that thing for ya

Bugeater 12-15-2019 07:43 PM

They seem nice

BigRedChief 12-15-2019 07:43 PM

We and everyone else said if we just had a middle of the pack defense, Mahones would take us to the Super Bowl. I’m ready for that eventuality.

Sorce 12-15-2019 08:08 PM

I think we've changed the perception as well. Bad defenses get flagged all the time "good" defenses don't. I've noticed a decrease in PI flags against us, maybe it's the officials settling down I don't know. I think perception does make a difference in how often they are gonna call smaller stuff.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

KChiefs1 12-15-2019 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14658345)
We and everyone else said if we just had a middle of the pack defense, Mahones would take us to the Super Bowl. I’m ready for that eventuality.

Mahomes looked like 2018 Mahomes too.

carcosa 12-15-2019 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naptown Chief (Post 14658312)
I Spalieve

YA GOTTA SPALIEF!!!!!

ThyKingdomCome15 12-15-2019 08:23 PM

I'm pretty spagged about this D. Not gonna lie.

Naptown Chief 12-15-2019 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 14658437)
YA GOTTA SPALIEF!!!!!

YIP!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 14658451)
I'm pretty spagged about this D. Not gonna lie.

Would you Spag me? I'd Spag me

Pitt Gorilla 12-15-2019 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 14658305)
For the first few games, I didn’t see any improvement over last year. I thought Spags was a bust.

The Tennessee game I think is what really woke them up. I think they were embarrassed and I think that was the game that prompted the leaders on the defense to step up and challenge each other. Since then we’ve been nails.

Why would you expect improvement in the first few games of a new system with a ton of new players? Honest question.

stevieray 12-15-2019 08:53 PM

Patience really is a virtue.

chiefzilla1501 12-15-2019 09:14 PM

I wonder what our rating is for the second half of the season. I'd imagine we're WAY into the top 10.

TwistedChief 12-15-2019 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14658521)
Why would you expect improvement in the first few games of a new system with a ton of new players? Honest question.

I believed in the narrative that it would take time for them to gel. But I started to lose some faith in that after the Texans game when it seemed like the defense was actually getting worse each week.

We then dominated the Broncos, played the Packers really tough, and slowed a red hot Vikings offense. At that point, I realized we had made some real strides.

The Tennessee game was disappointing but there are off days for even the most complete units and it doesn't invalidate everything else they've done. Since then, they've continued to be consistently solid and that's all we could've asked for.

I no longer cringe when we're on defense. They're fun to watch now.

chiefzilla1501 12-15-2019 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14658560)
I believed in the narrative that it would take time for them to gel. But I started to lose some faith in that after the Texans game when it seemed like the defense was actually getting worse each week.

We then dominated the Broncos, played the Packers really tough, and slowed a red hot Vikings offense. At that point, I realized we had made some real strides.

The Tennessee game was disappointing but there are off days for even the most complete units and it doesn't invalidate everything else they've done. Since then, they've continued to be consistently solid and that's all we could've asked for.

I no longer cringe when we're on defense. They're fun to watch now.

We seem to get exposed for some big thing late in the season when it's too late to adjust. This year, we got exposed early. And that's given us time to fix it. What I love is that Veach addressed that by adding guys like Pennel. And Spags made adjustments Sutton never would. Not just in-game, but long-term ones. For example, the way Spags used Sorensen to address our problem stopping RBs in the passing game was brilliant and completely changed our defense.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12-15-2019 09:28 PM

After today we have the 11th best defense in points allowed, 18th in yards allowed, 11th in pass defense and 26th in run defense

Hammock Parties 12-15-2019 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 14658531)

Andy should have learned us by now.

scho63 12-15-2019 10:40 PM

Not sure if anyone else caught the radio broadcast but before the game began, Mitch Holthaus said that the two guys that Spags gave big credit to for the defense that he trusts were Tyrann Mathieu and wait for it................
Anthony Hitchens. I was shocked but Holthaus said Spags considers them the two smartest field generals who tell everyone where to lineup and what to expect.

comochiefsfan 12-15-2019 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14658521)

Moreso I expected to see some flashes from Clark (we now know he was injured) and better execution.

I didn’t expect to see massive improvement immediately, I was just hoping for some optimism. When we were getting pummeled by Indy in week 5 was the point that I thought we screwed up with a lot of our offseason moves on defense.

Thrilled to be proven wrong.

BWillie 12-15-2019 10:52 PM

Coach Spaggot is a godsend. I knew he'd be better than Bob. That was a given, but I wasn't sure if it was going to be a good hire based on his most recent results. He's been worth every penny so far at least.

ChiefsFanatic 12-15-2019 11:49 PM

This is not a negative post. This is a realistic post.

I love that our defense has played great the last 4 games, but I am worried that we are relying on blitzes too often to get off the field on 3rd down, instead of generating pressure with our front 4.

That is not to say that I don't like blitzing, because I love the variety of Spags' blitzes the last 4 weeks, but 2 of those weeks were against very old, stationary QBs in Rivers and Brady, and 1 week was against a QB making his third start, Lock.

Lamar Jackson, DeShaun Watson, and Josh Allen are all really mobile, and have strong arms. Blitzing them could end up being a bad strategy, and we are likely to play at least one of them, and probably two of them if we win a game.

Now that Okafor's status is really unknown, the front 4 may struggle even more to get consistent pressure. I know that Clark and Jones can win their one-on-one match ups on any given play, but without Okafor, their success rate may drop.

Again, I think the defense has played great the last month, but in the playoffs the margin for error is razor thin, and I am just worried about getting burned again, because you know, Chiefs.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

bricks 12-16-2019 12:55 AM

Last year the Chiefs defense was like that fat ugly obese woman with a cute face. You know she’s pretty horrible looking on the outside but there could be room for improvement.

For several months she goes on a diet and exercise plan and loses weight. She trims a lot of the fat off but still has a bit of a ways to go. She went from 300lbs to about ummm 180lbs? She’s a busty women now, she got some curves now like pow! and still have that cute face on her.

You know you wouldn’t have ****ed her last year but now you are definately warming up to that. She started to become a bit sexy. She went from a 1/10 to a 6.5/10. She is not the sexiest but if you had a few beers in you, you know you would **** the shit out of her. She may not satisfy you to the fullest but you could live with her and are not afraid to be seen with her but before none of that shit would happen! But now, sure why not!

That’s what this defensive progress reminds me of.

*Maybe next year she loses more weight, tones up with some curves and muscle and goes from 180lbs to 135lbs? And goes from a 6.5/10 to an 8/10? Then we will know that she is gorgeous and that’ll be the day when we get a top 10 defense.

Simply Red 12-16-2019 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 14658531)

It's a process

Hammock Parties 12-16-2019 01:05 AM

This is all we've ever wanted.

A franchise QB and a defense that can get stops.

I truly believe no one else in the AFC has that right now.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12-16-2019 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 14658915)
Last year the Chiefs defense was like that fat ugly obese woman with a cute face. You know she’s pretty horrible looking on the outside but there could be room for improvement.

For several months she goes on a diet and exercise plan and loses weight. She trims a lot of the fat off but still has a bit of a ways to go. She went from 300lbs to about ummm 180lbs? She’s a busty women now, she got some curves now like pow! and still have that cute face on her.

You know you wouldn’t have ****ed her last year but now you are definately warming up to that. She started to become a bit sexy. She went from a 1/10 to a 6.5/10. She is not the sexiest but if you had a few beers in you, you know you would **** the shit out of her. She may not satisfy you to the fullest but you could live with her and are not afraid to be seen with her but before none of that shit would happen! But now, sure why not!

That’s what this defensive progress reminds me of.

*Maybe next year she loses more weight, tones up with some curves and muscle and goes from 180lbs to 135lbs? And goes from a 6.5/10 to an 8/10? Then we will know that she is gorgeous and that’ll be the day when we get a top 10 defense.

Um our defense is currently ranked number 11.....

scho63 12-16-2019 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 14658882)

I love that our defense has played great the last 4 games, but I am worried that we are relying on blitzes too often to get off the field on 3rd down, instead of generating pressure with our front 4.

Last year Grandpa Bob the stupid senile jackhole NEVER blitzed and everyone including me bitched relentlessly.

Now we are finally getting a lot of pressure on the QB and you are going to complain about TOO many blitzes? :rolleyes:

Let's wait until we blitz and DON'T get pressure or get them off the field to start bitching.

In the meantime, enjoy a resurgent pass rush and a MUCH BETTER defense!

YontsRBake 12-16-2019 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 14658305)

It was the Texans game. You could see the scheme was remarkably better in that first game against the Broncos the following week after. Titans was a fluke game and GB just attacked Niemann for 3 hours.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12-16-2019 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YontsRBake (Post 14658943)
It was the Texans game. You could see the scheme was remarkably better in that first game against the Broncos the following week after. Titans was a fluke game and GB just attacked Niemann for 3 hours.

No.... GB attacked Hitchens all game long

BossChief 12-16-2019 01:47 AM

We’ve blitzed the statuesque QBs we’ve faced, but it’s not like we’ve blitzed the shit out of everyone. SS has adjusted his game plan each week based on the opponents strengths.

The defense is improving each week as they build chemistry, improve their fundamentals and hone their communication skills. These guys are getting off blocks, playing smarter, tackling better and SS deserves a lot of credit for assembling this defensive all star coaching staff from top to bottom and putting all the pieces together to give us this fun to watch defense.

This team is going to win a few superbowls.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12-16-2019 02:06 AM

Mahomie and his girl were getting lit after the game tonight with Kelce and his girl. Looks like they were having a great time

Megatron96 12-16-2019 02:09 AM

Our defense is a dangerous unit. We're going to slay some bitches in the playoffs, and our defense is going to be a big part of that.

Congrats to Spags, House, Daly and all of our defensive players. You're making us proud.

Mahomes_Is_God 12-16-2019 02:25 AM

God, imagine if our offence starts slaying like they did last year. We would be unbeatable, like Achilles without the heel. Absolute monsters on both sides of the ball. The ultimate terror.

Megatron96 12-16-2019 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God (Post 14658964)
God, imagine if our offence starts slaying like they did last year. We would be unbeatable, like Achilles without the heel. Absolute monsters on both sides of the ball. The ultimate terror.

Our offense is just about there. The weather stymied them a bit today, but eventually we're going to play in dry weather and then watch out.

Coochie liquor 12-16-2019 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14658966)
Our offense is just about there. The weather stymied them a bit today, but eventually we're going to play in dry weather and then watch out.

This, and I feel confident Andy is gonna add all the offensive plays we ran last year once playoffs hit.

loochy 12-16-2019 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14658953)
Mahomie and his girl were getting lit after the game tonight with Kelce and his girl. Looks like they were having a great time

Are you reeruned?

TwistedChief 12-16-2019 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 14658993)
Are you reeruned?

This term offends me. We are releasing you and I hope you get claimed by BengalsPlanet.

And yes.

Chris Meck 12-16-2019 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 14658882)

That is not to say that I don't like blitzing, because I love the variety of Spags' blitzes the last 4 weeks, but 2 of those weeks were against very old, stationary QBs in Rivers and Brady, and 1 week was against a QB making his third start, Lock.

Lamar Jackson, DeShaun Watson, and Josh Allen are all really mobile, and have strong arms. Blitzing them could end up being a bad strategy, and we are likely to play at least one of them, and probably two of them if we win a game.

Now that Okafor's status is really unknown, the front 4 may struggle even more to get consistent pressure. I know that Clark and Jones can win their one-on-one match ups on any given play, but without Okafor, their success rate may drop.

Again, I think the defense has played great the last month, but in the playoffs the margin for error is razor thin, and I am just worried about getting burned again, because you know, Chiefs.

we've already beaten Jackson, and we didn't do it by blitzing like mad.

Spagnuolo isn't stupid. He attacks the opposing offense's weaknesses. If it's blitz, then he blitzes. If it's not he won't.

If we need to sit back and let the secondary work, then that's what he'll do.

Relax. Grandpa Bob is gone. Uncle Spagsy gots this.

Rasputin 12-16-2019 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14658922)
This is all we've ever wanted.

A franchise QB and a defense that can get stops.

I truly believe no one else in the AFC has that right now.

Our defense is getting on the same page with each other and they are getting turnovers that gives the ball back to one Patrick Mahomes II who is now getting healthy and our offense is going explode just in time for the playoffs. We can't be stopped.

FloridaMan88 12-16-2019 09:45 AM

Is there any doubt that the Chiefs would have won the Super Bowl last year if they had this defense?

Chris Meck 12-16-2019 09:53 AM

We're going to end the season top ten.

dlphg9 12-16-2019 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14658953)

You're such a ****ing creep. Were you stalking them or just beating off to pics you saw of them on Twitter

J Diddy 12-16-2019 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14659134)
we've already beaten Jackson, and we didn't do it by blitzing like mad.

Spagnuolo isn't stupid. He attacks the opposing offense's weaknesses. If it's blitz, then he blitzes. If it's not he won't.

If we need to sit back and let the secondary work, then that's what he'll do.

Relax. Grandpa Bob is gone. Uncle Spagsy gots this.

The thing that concerns me about Baltimore is they played us scared. Going for it on 4th downs going for 2 pt conversions when there wasn’t really a need played into the victory. I don’t see them making the same mistake.

Chris Meck 12-16-2019 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 14659220)
The thing that concerns me about Baltimore is they played us scared. Going for it on 4th downs going for 2 pt conversions when there wasn’t really a need played into the victory. I don’t see them making the same mistake.

And our defense is playing MUCH, MUCH better football than they were then.

And the key to our defense playing well is gap integrity and discipline.

guess what you need to beat Lamar Jackson?

chiefzilla1501 12-16-2019 10:12 AM

The ravens are marathoners. Imagine a team that forces those marathoners into a sprint. We are one of the only teams that can do that to Baltimore. The defense needs to make an early stop or 2 and our offense needs to do their usual thing. That's not easy, but it's why we're the team best positioned to beat Baltimore.

rabblerouser 12-16-2019 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naptown Chief (Post 14658470)
YIP!!!

Would you Spag me? I'd Spag me

I'd Spag me HARD.

Mama Hip Rockets 12-16-2019 01:56 PM

Technically, they're tied for 10th in PPG already.

Mama Hip Rockets 12-16-2019 01:57 PM

They are also 6th in opponent's QB rating (82.0). They have allowed only 225 passing yards per game, along with 19 TDs and 14 INTs.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12-16-2019 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 14659202)
You're such a ****ing creep. Were you stalking them or just beating off to pics you saw of them on Twitter

So I’m guessing TMZ is a creep too?? Cuz they are the ones who reported it dumb****

KChiefs1 12-16-2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 14659177)
Is there any doubt that the Chiefs would have won the Super Bowl last year if they had this defense?

None

Beef Supreme 12-16-2019 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14659867)
So I’m guessing TMZ is a creep too?? Cuz they are the ones who reported it dumb****

You are a creep because you continue to post completely off topic things in every thread.

Dunerdr 12-16-2019 02:10 PM

I want a super bowl something fierce, but i really, really want kc to go to baltimore and show them what a stud qb looks like. put them on their heels in the first half and just run away with it it and leave that shithole city burning on the way to the superbowl.

BleedingRed 12-16-2019 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 14659202)

Hey uh..... Dipshit...... There is literally a thread on page 1. So uh maybe chill..........

ptlyon 12-16-2019 02:10 PM

SPAG ME! SPAG ME!

TinyEvel 12-16-2019 05:25 PM

Ravens were the ones punching the ball out all day.

They were punching more balls than Shaun Smith.

Easy 6 12-16-2019 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14659201)

It’s sure as hell looking that way, isn’t it...

Naptown Chief 12-16-2019 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14659201)

Top One**

JakeF 12-16-2019 07:44 PM

https://images2.imagebam.com/1f/e2/6...1328001984.jpg

Naptown Chief 12-16-2019 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naptown Chief (Post 14660680)
Top One**

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 14660907)

Top One***

Bump 12-16-2019 07:47 PM

they really turned it around. It's like that Giants season they won the Superbowl when the defense figured out how to play in the playoffs. Only we have one hell of an offense to go with it.

JakeF 12-16-2019 07:52 PM

You have to take your hat off to Spags. The defense has continued to improve all year. It also adjusts and improves during the games.

Sutton used to take a couple of weeks to adjust to a defensive problem. Now we adjust at halftime if not before.

I'll take it.

InChiefsHeaven 12-18-2019 12:03 PM

I believe this is the type of progress we were desiring here...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Yfvmv-bN-fI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

saphojunkie 12-18-2019 01:28 PM

I was thinking about this yesterday. I don't give a shit where they end up in the final rankings. Top 15 defense for the whole year? Who cares. Those games are played already.

I want to be a top five defense every week. That's the only measure that matters. The average is for consistency, but this defense has next to nothing to do with the one playing the first six weeks.

T-post Tom 12-18-2019 04:56 PM

Number one scoring defense since their bye week. 5-1 on the road. 2-0 vs. Ravens. Beat the Pats. Can play in bad weather. Yeah, we good.

Skyy God 12-18-2019 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 14663702)
I believe this is the type of progress we were desiring here...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Yfvmv-bN-fI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I’m fully erect.

Hog's Gone Fishin 12-18-2019 11:00 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-a-nH7SokJQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ChiefsFanatic 12-19-2019 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 14658941)
Last year Grandpa Bob the stupid senile jackhole NEVER blitzed and everyone including me bitched relentlessly.

Now we are finally getting a lot of pressure on the QB and you are going to complain about TOO many blitzes? :rolleyes:

Let's wait until we blitz and DON'T get pressure or get them off the field to start bitching.

In the meantime, enjoy a resurgent pass rush and a MUCH BETTER defense!

I said I love the blitzing, but I think pointing to the stats over the last month is kinda fools gold.

We played 2 very old, immobile QBs, and a kid making the 3rd start of his rookie season in a snow storm.

I think that if we have to go back to rushing 4 because we don't want Jackson, Watson, Allen getting out of the pocket, our pass rush will disappear. We have proven that when we rush our front 4, that we don't get home, and our secondary gets exposed.

Jones and Clark can win on any given play, but when we don't blitz they get double teamed, or chipped. Jones can win against the double at a high rate compared to the rest of the league, but it's not often enough to make up for this version of Frank Clark (illness and injuries) never winning against a double team.

Watching the all-22, there are plays where you can't even tell Clark is on the field. I know he is injured and has been sick, and I know he has been playing better, but I am not sure that he can count on any consistency from him yet.

If we choose to blitz those mobile QBs, and they get loose, our secondary hasn't exactly been been great at tackling this year. We have given up too many yards after the catch, especially when our safeties try to deliver a hit instead of wrapping up.

I watched my first Chiefs game when I was 6. That was almost 43 years ago, and it's been beaten into my head that one unit, either offense or defense, will singlehandedly ruin our season. I have seen great defenses play with terrible offenses, and I have watched great offenses play with terrible defenses. I even watched an elite special teams unit carry a crap defense and crap offense into the playoffs before Chiefs.

Until Mahomes is lifting the Lombardi trophy, the Chiefs will never get the benefit of the doubt from me again. So 4 weeks of great stats just doesn't do it for me.

Chris Meck 12-19-2019 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 14665079)
I said I love the blitzing, but I think pointing to the stats over the last month is kinda fools gold.

We played 2 very old, immobile QBs, and a kid making the 3rd start of his rookie season in a snow storm.

I think that if we have to go back to rushing 4 because we don't want Jackson, Watson, Allen getting out of the pocket, our pass rush will disappear. We have proven that when we rush our front 4, that we don't get home, and our secondary gets exposed.

Jones and Clark can win on any given play, but when we don't blitz they get double teamed, or chipped. Jones can win against the double at a high rate compared to the rest of the league, but it's not often enough to make up for this version of Frank Clark (illness and injuries) never winning against a double team.

Watching the all-22, there are plays where you can't even tell Clark is on the field. I know he is injured and has been sick, and I know he has been playing better, but I am not sure that he can count on any consistency from him yet.

If we choose to blitz those mobile QBs, and they get loose, our secondary hasn't exactly been been great at tackling this year. We have given up too many yards after the catch, especially when our safeties try to deliver a hit instead of wrapping up.

I watched my first Chiefs game when I was 6. That was almost 43 years ago, and it's been beaten into my head that one unit, either offense or defense, will singlehandedly ruin our season. I have seen great defenses play with terrible offenses, and I have watched great offenses play with terrible defenses. I even watched an elite special teams unit carry a crap defense and crap offense into the playoffs before Chiefs.

Until Mahomes is lifting the Lombardi trophy, the Chiefs will never get the benefit of the doubt from me again. So 4 weeks of great stats just doesn't do it for me.

You do get that feasting on less than stellar QB's is how defenses get to be ranked high, and that it happens that way every year, right?

I mean the Patriots were the best defense the league had ever seen...until they started playing decent offenses.

That counts for us too.

GloryDayz 12-19-2019 07:57 AM

Let me be the first to say, on paper, this is indeed trending in the right direction. Let's keep up the pressure on Andy and Spags...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...48121e1aa9.jpg

InChiefsHeaven 12-19-2019 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 14664382)
Number one scoring defense since their bye week. 5-1 on the road. 2-0 vs. Ravens. Beat the Pats. Can play in bad weather. Yeah, we good.

Why do we keep saying 2-0 against the Ravens?

Hydrae 12-19-2019 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14665230)
Let me be the first to say, on paper, this is indeed trending in the right direction. Let's keep up the pressure on Andy and Spags...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...48121e1aa9.jpg

I hate it when they rank defenses on yards allowed. Who cares about yards? Points is slightly more important! From the screenshot that puts us tied for #6 with the Broncos.

SAGA45 12-19-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 14658308)
Would like to know where we rank for the last 5 games

No. 1

Coochie liquor 12-19-2019 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 14665236)
Why do we keep saying 2-0 against the Ravens?

Well Mahomes has beaten the Lamar led Ravens twice. Once last season once this one.

Fat Elvis 12-19-2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrae (Post 14665389)
I hate it when they rank defenses on yards allowed. Who cares about yards? Points is slightly more important! From the screenshot that puts us tied for #6 with the Broncos.

9th (8 teams shown with fewer than 20.3 pts/game)...but still, vastly improved over last year.

Red Dawg 12-19-2019 02:23 PM

Spags has been sent from the gawd. I will also take back my Veach insults. His roster changes and draft are kicking ass right now.