ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop How the hell is Marcus Peters playing? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325638)

Buehler445 10-03-2019 07:49 PM

How the hell is Marcus Peters playing?

He got ****ing destroyed Sunday in a giant ass hit. Taken out with concussion. And he’s playing 4 days later? :spock:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here come the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LARams?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#LARams</a><a href="https://twitter.com/marcuspeters?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@MarcusPeters</a> PICK-6! 🚨 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TBvsLAR?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TBvsLAR</a><br><br>📺: FOX<br>📱: NFL app // Yahoo Sports app<br>Watch free on mobile: <a href="https://t.co/lm0vvtP8ei">https://t.co/lm0vvtP8ei</a> <a href="https://t.co/yBg5kb3ROt">pic.twitter.com/yBg5kb3ROt</a></p>&mdash; NFL (@NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1178447529144274944?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 29, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Baby Lee 10-03-2019 07:57 PM

Peters' brain is protocol-proof.

kccrow 10-03-2019 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 14497506)

Pretty certain you're correct. He can't pass either way so they just excuse him from the program.

noa 10-03-2019 08:02 PM

Crazy that it wasn’t flagged — he was practically in the end zone at that point.

Rain Man 10-03-2019 08:04 PM

Quote:

Yeah, the baseline level for him is too low for the test to work.

"How many fingers am I holding up, Marcus?"

"Three."

"Well, it's two, but I'm not convinced that you would've gotten it right yesterday. You're fine."

BryanBusby 10-03-2019 08:04 PM

Would anyone even notice a difference if he were concussed

Naptown Chief 10-03-2019 08:29 PM

That hit was so delicious.

threebag 10-03-2019 08:34 PM

He good. He avoids contact so he good

Reerun_KC 10-03-2019 08:35 PM

Are you rubbing your horn watching Peters play?

Titty Meat 10-03-2019 08:36 PM

He just got shook lmao

threebag 10-03-2019 08:36 PM

They thought the line judge threw a flag but it was just one of Peters teeth

MightyMouse 10-03-2019 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 14497596)
Are you rubbing your horn watching Peters play?

I had so many arguments with friends who couldn’t understand why we traded him. He was so overrated by chiefs fans

threebag 10-03-2019 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyMouse (Post 14497603)
I had so many arguments with friends who couldn’t understand why we traded him. He was so overrated by chiefs fans

We should have gotten more in the trade.

neech 10-03-2019 08:43 PM

Weekend at Bernies

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-03-2019 08:43 PM

I loved him getting his n00dle cracked but the best part was his team mates pulling him up and jerking him around while he was subconscious.

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-03-2019 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neech (Post 14497623)
Weekend at Bernies

ROFL

Reerun_KC 10-03-2019 08:57 PM

Quote:

This fan base has overrated dog shit players for decades. Chiefs fan are the last people I would take player advice from.

Reerun_KC 10-03-2019 08:58 PM

Buehler? Lotion or oil? Polishing the horn?

Couch-Potato 10-03-2019 09:19 PM

Fantastic Defensive Play! Something we're missing currently! Ahem.

Also surprised there wasn't a fine after that one. Albeit, that was football at it's finest. A nice pick, beautiful run, and the O-lineman saw a chance to make the big plan and stop a shifty DB at the line, big vs fast, score or stop, win or lose, big hit at the goal line!

Buehler445 10-03-2019 09:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 14497514)
Pretty certain you're correct. He can't pass either way so they just excuse him from the program.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14497519)
Yeah, the baseline level for him is too low for the test to work.

"How many fingers am I holding up, Marcus?"

"Three."

"Well, it's two, but I'm not convinced that you would've gotten it right yesterday. You're fine."

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14497522)
Would anyone even notice a difference if he were concussed

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 14497600)
They thought the line judge threw a flag but it was just one of Peters teeth

LOL. That’s why I love this place. That’s some top shelf humor.

Buehler445 10-03-2019 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 14497646)
Buehler? Lotion or oil? Polishing the horn?

Eh I turned it off.

It’s really hard to watch football anymore if Mahomes isn’t playing.

cmh6476 10-03-2019 09:46 PM

1st post wins this thread

Reerun_KC 10-03-2019 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14497741)
Eh I turned it off.

It’s really hard to watch football anymore if Mahomes isn’t playing.

Great game

T-post Tom 10-04-2019 12:28 AM

Quote:

Comedy gold.LMAO

TEX 10-04-2019 12:38 AM

Quote:

Can we trade you?

BossChief 10-04-2019 08:29 AM

I think it’s hilarious when people say Peters was overrated as a player here.

3 years in KC:

21 interceptions
5 forced fumbles
5 recovered fumbles
4 defensive scores

DJ's left nut 10-04-2019 08:37 AM

Quote:

We'd have gone to the Super Bowl last year with him on the team. He was playing outstanding football for the least half of the season.

But y'all keep telling yourself that everything the Chiefs do is the right thing...

Mecca 10-04-2019 08:42 AM

He'd still be the best CB on the roster....he'd also excel in a zone scheme...

Baby Lee 10-04-2019 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14498185)
We'd have gone to the Super Bowl last year with him on the team. He was playing outstanding football for the least half of the season.

But y'all keep telling yourself that everything the Chiefs do is the right thing...

Every mistake the Chiefs made with Peters, they made before he was traded.

Whether it was drafting him to begin with, or not going out of their way to coddle his peculiarities while he was here, at the time of the trade HE was AT LEAST half of the equation.

I don't think him balling out in the setting he was happiest projects to how he would contribute as a hostage here in KC.

DJ's left nut 10-04-2019 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 14498248)
Every mistake the Chiefs made with Peters, they made before he was traded.

Whether it was drafting him to begin with, or not going out of their way to coddle his peculiarities while he was here, at the time of the trade HE was AT LEAST half of the equation.

I don't think him balling out in the setting he was happiest projects to how he would contribute as a hostage here in KC.

He'd have gotten over it.

I refuse to believe that the camaraderie of this team couldn't have gotten him to at least for 1 year put his head down and play ball.

But minds were made up on this decision the moment the trigger was pulled - mine included. So it's useless to re-litigate it.

I just have a hard time with the fact that 80% of this board seems to think we can't win a SB without adding a premier CB to the roster but ALSO thinks that we did the right thing by dumping one at the nadir of his value.

I don't even think we really NEED a CB - this team can win a chamionship as presently constituted and I think it will. But I think we damn sure could've used one last year and that's an itch I'm not sure I'll ever get scratched. The 'what might have been' is gonna linger after watching Peters kick ass down the stretch.

Baby Lee 10-04-2019 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14498302)

I refuse to believe that the camaraderie of this team couldn't have gotten him to at least for 1 year put his head down and play ball.

https://ddbuckingham.files.wordpress...pg?w=423&h=231

RunKC 10-04-2019 09:58 AM

Quote:

I don’t think Peters moves the needle. I saw Eric Berry get his shit kicked in by Gronk every time. He wasn’t stopping him. Also saw Hogan making plays on Nelson frequently.

Then I watched Peters get his ass kicked by Edelman in the Super Bowl. Peters wasn’t staying with him. Edelman was smoking that guy.

BryanBusby 10-04-2019 10:05 AM

Quote:

I don't even think we really NEED a CB

They do.

DJ's left nut 10-04-2019 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14498313)
I don’t think Peters moves the needle. I saw Eric Berry get his shit kicked in by Gronk every time. He wasn’t stopping him. Also saw Hogan making plays on Nelson frequently.

Then I watched Peters get his ass kicked by Edelman in the Super Bowl. Peters wasn’t staying with him. Edelman was smoking that guy.

Lose by 10 and I agree with you.

But man - one play. We lost because we had probably 6-8 moments where one play changes everything.

I dunno - I just have an awful hard time to convince myself that he couldn't have been directly or indirectly responsible for making one more play.

Buehler445 10-04-2019 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14498345)
Lose by 10 and I agree with you.

But man - one play. We lost because we had probably 6-8 moments where one play changes everything.

I dunno - I just have an awful hard time to convince myself that he couldn't have been directly or indirectly responsible for making one more play.

It cuts both ways though. You know Belicheat would watch film and run right at him. It’s possible the ole tackle he pulls might lead to another 7 by the Cheatriots. If you add another score to that first half it is probably a different game. Don’t forget we had some big defensive plays in the first half when Belicheat was full on physical.

ToxSocks 10-04-2019 12:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14498198)
He'd still be the best CB on the roster....he'd also excel in a zone scheme...

Quote:

But minds were made up on this decision the moment the trigger was pulled - mine included. So it's useless to re-litigate it.

I just have a hard time with the fact that 80% of this board seems to think we can't win a SB without adding a premier CB to the roster but ALSO thinks that we did the right thing by dumping one at the nadir of his value.

I don't even think we really NEED a CB - this team can win a chamionship as presently constituted and I think it will. But I think we damn sure could've used one last year and that's an itch I'm not sure I'll ever get scratched. The 'what might have been' is gonna linger after watching Peters kick ass down the stretch.

These.

ToxSocks 10-04-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14498575)
It cuts both ways though. You know Belicheat would watch film and run right at him. It’s possible the ole tackle he pulls might lead to another 7 by the Cheatriots. If you add another score to that first half it is probably a different game. Don’t forget we had some big defensive plays in the first half when Belicheat was full on physical.

Peters was also fantastic about causing fumbles. So if we wanna play what-ifs, it's possible they'd run right at him and he'd rip the ball right out.

ToxSocks 10-04-2019 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14498313)

That explains why the Pats scored 13 points. Because Edelman was "smoking" him.

:rolleyes:

Bill Brasky 10-04-2019 01:00 PM

https://www.12up.com/posts/chiefs-ge...e-01dpbq17rsb0

Peter's had his head in the clouds last night.

https://twitter.com/ThePhillyPod/sta...32591056736261

Rasputin 10-04-2019 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 14497624)
I loved him getting his n00dle cracked but the best part was his team mates pulling him up and jerking him around while he was subconscious.

He could have had shaken baby syndrome

Rasputin 10-04-2019 01:07 PM

Marcus Peters got 'Jacked Up'

MIAdragon 10-04-2019 01:08 PM

I can watch that hit all day long.

Imon Yourside 10-04-2019 01:08 PM

As great as he played here turnover wise and as bad as we need a cb I'm convinced we got rid of him at the right time.

Tonka83 10-04-2019 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14498165)
I think it’s hilarious when people say Peters was overrated as a player here.

3 years in KC:

21 interceptions
5 forced fumbles
5 recovered fumbles
4 defensive scores

212 missed tackles

rtmike 10-04-2019 01:14 PM

Hey lookie there, a cb with his head, hell his whole body turned, lol..

Pitt Gorilla 10-04-2019 02:10 PM

Quote:

Chief Fan gets upset if someone points out that Peters made a nice play. I don't understand why there is still so much hatred toward Peters.

Imon Yourside 10-04-2019 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14498918)
Chief Fan gets upset if someone points out that Peters made a nice play. I don't understand why there is still so much hatred toward Peters.

I don't hate him at all but he forced the trade and hates the midwest, what am I missing here?

Pitt Gorilla 10-04-2019 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14498920)
I don't hate him at all but he forced the trade and hates the midwest, what am I missing here?

He played incredibly well on a rookie deal. The Chiefs moved on. I don't understand the anger.

Flying High D 10-04-2019 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14498924)
He played incredibly well on a rookie deal. The Chiefs moved on. I don't understand the anger.

Not much wrong with the way Smells like Hobo Spirit handled business either?

Baby Lee 10-04-2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14498924)

Seems there are more angry that the Chiefs didn't realize that, if we forced him to play here against his will, he apparently would have learned to love it and would have given us all his skill with none of his temperament.

For some it remains an itch that can never be scratched, . . . apparently.

DJ's left nut 10-04-2019 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 14498982)
Seems there are more angry that the Chiefs didn't realize that, if we forced him to play here against his will, he apparently would have learned to love it and would have given us all his skill with none of his temperament.

For some it remains an itch that can never be scratched, . . . apparently.

Because everyone in the NFL is presently playing exactly where they want to play.

That's weak shit even by weak shit standards, but you keep telling yourself that everything's Dee Ford's fault.

Baby Lee 10-04-2019 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14498993)
Because everyone in the NFL is presently playing exactly where they want to play.

That's weak shit even by weak shit standards, but you keep telling yourself that everything's Dee Ford's fault.

Speaking of weak shit, it's a bald admission of weak shit to fabricate false narratives for your critics just so you have something to rag on.

I've never once told 'myself' that everything was Dee Ford's fault, let alone espoused anything like that here.

And I've never said everyone is playing exactly where they want to.

But you go ahead and assemble the dossier of SB contributors who were vocally seeking to be released and visibly discontent with where they are contractually bound AS they were contributing to a SB run. . . I'll wait.

And I'm not talking about folks who are malcontent until they are paid like they feel they deserve. Or are malcontent with their role AFTER the SB is won and move elsewhere to be a bigger star. I'm talking about 'I hate it here and want out, full stop,' at the same time as you are seeking a championship.

Holding onto the Jalen Ramseys and Marcus Peters of the league, while they are in malcontent mode, is for also-rans. Pretending they will shape up and behave if they're held hostage is Pollyannish, particularly in the crucible of championship runs..

DJ's left nut 10-04-2019 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 14499044)
Speaking of weak shit, it's a bald admission of weak shit to fabricate false narratives for your critics just so you have something to rag on.

I've never once told 'myself' that everything was Dee Ford's fault, let alone espoused anything like that here.

And I've never said everyone is playing exactly where they want to.

But you go ahead and assemble the dossier of SB contributors who were vocally seeking to be released and visibly discontent with where they are contractually bound AS they were contributing to a SB run. . . I'll wait.

Holding onto the Jalen Ramseys and Marcus Peters of the league, while they are in malcontent mode, is for also-rans. Pretending they will shape up and behave if they're held hostage is Pollyannish, particularly in the crucible of championship runs..

Well that's ironic as ****.

And by the way - you're welcome to point out all the vociferous demands to be traded made by Marcus Peters. There were the same rumors that we see about players all the time and history is LITTERED with guys who clashed with their team/staff but straightened up long enough to win things.

Even the Patriots have rumblings every year. Do you not recall as recently as last year that the rumors out of Foxborough were that Belichick and Brady were on the outs because Brady was so enamored with Jimmy Grapes and Brady's ego was bruised, etc...? Happens across the league all the time.

But because we're right in the middle of it with the Chiefs, we give it an outsized importance. Every team in the league has players that are unhappy with their deals or their coaches. Every single one. And because Marcus Peters plays for our team we were more aware of it with him than we would be for anyone else.

But to try to compare Jalen Ramsey's situation with Marcus Peters - who said NOTHING publicly and played every game - shows just how badly you're reaching here. Peters was grumbling. Guys grumble in every locker room in the league. But because you don't follow those teams you don't hear about it.

And because the Chiefs traded the guy only to watch their season come apart due to a leaky defense, you have to try to convince yourself that there's no way he could've possibly played well here. And I'M the one crafting a narrative....

Sure thing, sport.

Baby Lee 10-04-2019 03:33 PM

So he SAID NOTHING and was JUST GRUMBLING at the same time. . . . Schroedinger's DB, I guess.

If you think that Peters' situation was more like Brady and Bellichek hashing out how much they loved each other forever than it was like the Ramsey situation, that explains our impasse completely. Doesn't resolve anything, but it explains it.

DJ's left nut 10-04-2019 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 14499071)
So he SAID NOTHING and was JUST GRUMBLING at the same time. . . . Schroedinger's DB, I guess.

If you think that Peters' situation was more like Brady and Bellichek hashing out how much they loved each other forever than it was like the Ramsey situation, that explains our impasse completely. Doesn't resolve anything, but it explains it.

His grumbling was internal shit we found out about later and still only through rumors. Just as we may someday find out about BB and Brady.

The difference is that cooler heads prevailed and made it work in NE because duh - the odds overwhelmingly suggested they would make it work even if they were pissed off at each other.

In KC, we simply cut bait and made the football team worse.

ThyKingdomCome15 10-04-2019 04:14 PM

Thick skull.

scho63 10-04-2019 05:25 PM

His teammates thought they were doing a favor by surrounding hm and helping him to his feet. They know he got his bell rung. The formed a wall around him so the refs never got a hold of him.

I wonder if this will just go away or someone is going to register a complaint with the NFL office in NY.

FloridaMan88 10-04-2019 05:54 PM

Marcus Peters hasn't been the same player since going to LA, but he was as close to a shutdown corner in KC as anything the Chiefs have currently.

Buehler445 10-04-2019 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14498609)
Peters was also fantastic about causing fumbles. So if we wanna play what-ifs, it's possible they'd run right at him and he'd rip the ball right out.

Belicheats teams don’t make mistakes. And if you think Peters tackles as well as ward, well, I don’t know what to tell you.

WhiteWhale 10-04-2019 07:14 PM

It's a nice play, but Peters has been dog-shit this year.

And he's back to throwing sideline tantrums.

If the rams keep losing and he keeps getting torched, the meltdown is imminent.

Flying High D 10-04-2019 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 14499464)
It's a nice play, but Peters has been dog-shit this year.

And he's back to throwing sideline tantrums.

That’s what Chiefs fan likes.

WhiteWhale 10-04-2019 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 14499344)
Marcus Peters hasn't been the same player since going to LA, but he was as close to a shutdown corner in KC as anything the Chiefs have currently.

He was never remotely close to 'shutdown' at all. HE gave up tons of big plays.

What he was was a solid enough playmaker you were willing to take the chaff with the wheat. He got lots of INT's and forced fumbles so we kinda turned a blind eye to the multiple big pass plays allowed and his unwillingness to tackle.

He's mostly been chaff in LA. Does anyone here think they'll resign him? They won't. He's actually been in steady decline since his rookie season.

Buehler445 10-04-2019 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 14499479)
He was never remotely close to 'shutdown' at all. HE gave up tons of big plays.

What he was was a solid enough playmaker you were willing to take the chaff with the wheat. He got lots of INT's and forced fumbles so we kinda turned a blind eye to the multiple big pass plays allowed and his unwillingness to tackle.

He's mostly been chaff in LA. Does anyone here think they'll resign him? They won't.

They might. Their other DBs are ass.

WhiteWhale 10-04-2019 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14499487)
They might. Their other DBs are ass.

Peters has been ass.

HE made a nice play in this game. Let's ignore the big bomb he gave up in the same game....

Buehler445 10-04-2019 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 14499490)
Peters has been ass.

HE made a nice play in this game. Let's ignore the big bomb he gave up in the same game....

Yeah. He’s been ass. But they haven’t replaced him. Or Talib who is done.

Flying High D 10-04-2019 07:50 PM

As long as he is on the Rams wish harshness on them.

gblowfish 10-05-2019 09:21 AM

Peters is the worst corner in run support ever. That includes Neon Deion.

keg in kc 10-05-2019 10:03 AM

I thought this thread was about how often he's getting torched this year, but the concussion question is legit.