ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Mahomes in the locker room after the afcc (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320809)

saphojunkie 01-22-2019 02:02 PM

Mahomes in the locker room after the afcc

A friend in KC texted me yesterday. He was talking with a coach who was in the locker room and said that Mahomes was very vocal in the privacy of the locker room after the game.

He was screaming that "we are not going to keep losing games like this." Apparently, even Reid had to calm him down.

Now, this is all hearsay upon hearsay, but it came from a reliable source. I think that - assuming it is true - this is absolutely part of Sutton going. Clark and Reid know that this franchise is about making the most of Mahomes' prime. While he said everything right in the press conference and microphone, it's clear Mahomes knows the defense allowing opposing QBs to score at will has been the downfall all year.

It's a tough loss, but the start of a fantastic journey. I'm more excited at the end of the year than I ever have been.

This information was relayed to me from the perspective of Mahomes was being very fiery, and very vocal, but not calling out anyone specifically. This was not in poor form, but rather a pretty exceptional display of culture change for a team accustomed to losing.

EDITED.

The Franchise 01-22-2019 02:03 PM

I hope it's ****ing true. If anyone has the right to be pissed....it's him.

Prison Bitch 01-22-2019 02:04 PM

Fat Andy owes Pat an apology for putting friendship over results and murdering his record setting season.

I really don’t care if Andy goes anyway. I’m tired of his shit. His betrayal with sutton is fireable. PATRICK M is our franchise, not Kool-ade dude. Go give Nagy a call.

Randallflagg 01-22-2019 02:04 PM

That's the trait of a true leader........good on him if he did! Long overdue!

Marcellus 01-22-2019 02:05 PM

Probably felt like he was back at TT.

Doesn't seem like him to do that but who knows. I'm fine with it if he did.

chiefforlife 01-22-2019 02:05 PM

I love it! He should be playing in the Super Bowl. He knows it and so do the Chiefs.

wazu 01-22-2019 02:06 PM

Just when I think Mahomes can’t possibly be any more awesome, this post appears.

Imon Yourside 01-22-2019 02:06 PM

I have a hard time believing that, I think a Mahomes death stare would have worked better and been more Mahomish. Be that as it may I wouldn't blame him for that.

Sassy Squatch 01-22-2019 02:08 PM

Now I'm imagining this.

https://media.giphy.com/media/DpB9NB...0yt2/giphy.gif

Mahomer 01-22-2019 02:08 PM

I like it but I hope this isn't true and it probably isn't or we'd read about it. I don't want him to feel like he runs this organization. We've seen too many times how the QB has too much power and it affects the entire team. Look at Rodgers. This would be something he would do. Meanwhile Brady just a good soldier usually and will let the powers that be call the shots. Will probably be downvoted for this but I don't care.

BossChief 01-22-2019 02:08 PM

No way. Dude never loses his composure like that

Red Dawg 01-22-2019 02:10 PM

He's right. He balls out and watches hthe lead his boys have built just go away because of shit defense. Bob was awful. He ruined this season. Never doubles anyone and never load up and take away running teams ground game. Pats and Raven should have never been allowed to just run at will.

Imon Yourside 01-22-2019 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14064226)

LMAO

Prison Bitch 01-22-2019 02:10 PM

Patrick gets to choose the new d-cord. Fat Andy lost that right after what he did to Pat. If he complains he can hit the road.

Chiefspants 01-22-2019 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahomer (Post 14064230)
I like it but I hope this isn't true and it probably isn't or we'd read about it. I don't want him to feel like he runs this organization. We've seen too many times how the QB has too much power and it affects the entire team. Look at Rodgers. This would be something he would do. Meanwhile Brady just a good soldier usually and will let the powers that be call the shots. Will probably be downvoted for this but I don't care.

Uh, Tom and Bill had a 2 year feud because Bill wouldn't let Tom's Guru on the sideline, Tig.

Imon Yourside 01-22-2019 02:11 PM

Quote:

Brady is absolutely like this, guys are afraid to piss him off.

carcosa 01-22-2019 02:12 PM

If he choked Sutton out I would pay his bail

Chiefshrink 01-22-2019 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randallflagg (Post 14064210)
That's the trait of a true leader........good on him if he did! Long overdue!

Exactly !:thumb:

Finally a Chiefs player at the most important position who truly hates to lose!!:thumb:

FringeNC 01-22-2019 02:14 PM

There are stories how he is hyper competitive like Brady. Bet this story is true.

carcosa 01-22-2019 02:14 PM

Quote:

what the **** are you talking about

tom brady yells at everyone all the time

comochiefsfan 01-22-2019 02:15 PM

God I hope this is true.

No more yes man Alex Smiff, Andy. Finally you have a quarterback that will hold you accountable.

Let this be a message to the whole team. Mahomes is on a mission. It's time to get on board or pack your ****ing bags.

displacedinMN 01-22-2019 02:16 PM

If this is true and it got us a new D coord.....

THE MAHOMES EFFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chiefshrink 01-22-2019 02:17 PM

Context is everything here and for some the definition of "losing their **it" is a lot different from truly "losing their **it".

We'll never know but regardless of what context it was in I'm glad it happened.:thumb:

Bowser 01-22-2019 02:17 PM

I sincerely hope he did

Skyy God 01-22-2019 02:18 PM

Totally warranted.

Chiefs probably blew a SB by retaining Grandpa Bob last year.

FloridaMan88 01-22-2019 02:19 PM

I hope it is true and sets the tone for everything the Chiefs do this entire offseason, OTA's, training camp, etc.... it is a Super Bowl or bust mentality now.

Rain Man 01-22-2019 02:20 PM

Patrick Mahomes - the voice of the fan.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-22-2019 02:20 PM

If this happened in today’s media it would’ve been out by now

Eleazar 01-22-2019 02:21 PM

fake news

Chiefspants 01-22-2019 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 14064198)
A friend in KC texted me yesterday. He was talking with a coach who was in the locker room and said that Mahomes freaked out on everyone after the loss.

He was screaming that "we are not going to keep losing games like this." Apparently, even Reid had to calm him down.

Now, this is all hearsay upon hearsay, but it came from a reliable source. I think that - assuming it is true - this is absolutely part of Sutton going. Clark and Reid know that this franchise is about making the most of Mahomes' prime. While he said everything right in the press conference and microphone, it's clear Mahomes knows the defense allowing opposing QBs to score at will has been the downfall all year.

It's a tough loss, but the start of a fantastic journey. I'm more excited at the end of the year than I ever have been.

Wasn't there another report that Pat did this during halftime?

That I believe more.

PatriotsGuy 01-22-2019 02:22 PM

I read yesterday that Brady sought out Mahomes in the locker room, I wonder if it was before or after this alleged event?

GoHuge 01-22-2019 02:23 PM

No idea why anyone wouldn't believe this. Andy himself last week said Patrick has a personality that people just want to be around, but at the same time can get after a guy when he needs to and they still love him. Pretty rare to have all that going on....I'm paraphrasing of course. Regardless I have never heard anyone on the team do anything less than gush about how much they love everything about the guy. He is the unchallenged leader of this team.

SAUTO 01-22-2019 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 14064306)
Wasn't there another report that Pat did this during halftime?

That I believe more.

This is my thinking as well, otherwise we would have had reports of both times yesterday...IMO at least

FringeNC 01-22-2019 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy (Post 14064311)
I read yesterday that Brady sought out Mahomes in the locker room, I wonder if it was before or after this alleged event?

Was wondering the exact same thing myself.

PHOG 01-22-2019 02:25 PM

GOOD! Speak his mind and throw some fire in with it! Get after them! :clap:

tmax63 01-22-2019 02:25 PM

It's about time for some accountability.

In58men 01-22-2019 02:27 PM

Handle that shit in the locker room, don’t throw anyone under the bus to the media.

#leader

suzzer99 01-22-2019 02:28 PM

I'm not buying this one at all. That game was as much as anything on Mahomes for his crappy performance and bad decisions in the first half. I could see him yelling this - as a promise - and to himself as much as anything else.

But I'd bet everything I own that there's no way he was getting in other people's faces like it was their fault, or had to be calmed down. That makes zero sense.

Hammock Parties 01-22-2019 02:28 PM

The fire rises.

Montana had it. It just never came out all that often. But when it did...

<iframe width="640" height="363" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/w9EzfLT-y24" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Imon Yourside 01-22-2019 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14064297)
Patrick Mahomes - the voice of the fan.

YIP

TLO 01-22-2019 02:29 PM

Ok gang...

FAX 01-22-2019 02:32 PM

Some dipshit coach in the locker room is talking out of school?

That's another coach who needs to be fired today.

FAX

carcosa 01-22-2019 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 14064336)
That game was on Mahomes for his crappy performance and bad decisions in the first half.

no

MMXcalibur 01-22-2019 02:33 PM

Good for Mahomes.

The poor kid has never had a competent defense between his time at Texas Tech and here in Kansas City.

Think about all of the "Best Games of 2018" that we'll be seeing on NFL Network during the offseason and now think about how many of them don't end in Chiefs heartbreak because the defense sucks shit through a straw.

JakeF 01-22-2019 02:34 PM

I ok with it.

Someone in this organization needs to kick some ass and push it forward.

In58men 01-22-2019 02:34 PM

Quote:

I'm not buying this one at all. That game was as much as anything on Mahomes for his crappy performance and bad decisions in the first half. I could see him yelling this - as a promise - and to himself as much as anything else.

But I'd bet everything I own that there's no way he was getting in other people's faces like it was their fault, or had to be calmed down. That makes zero sense.

One possession in the first qtr is enough to get the ball rolling huh.

Just stop.

suzzer99 01-22-2019 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 14064355)
no

I edited it to "as much as anything else" - meant to type that the first time. This site is very slow so right now.

Frazod 01-22-2019 02:35 PM

Quote:

There's no way it could have happened at half time - Pat was every bit the wide-eyed 23-year-old pseudo rookie in the first half.

But I can see it happening after the game. The defense simply shut down in the fourth quarter.

bdj23 01-22-2019 02:35 PM

Good

Best22 01-22-2019 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14064214)
Probably felt like he was back at TT.

Doesn't seem like him to do that but who knows. I'm fine with it if he did.

Mahomes is a fiery competitor. Watch his videos at Tech. Dude was angry from time to time on the field and clearly hated interviews after losing

It doesn’t surprise me. Mahomes is extremely competitive and expects other players to play at a high level.

He is nice and “aw shucks” in front of cameras and normal people but he is actually full of fire. Love it

suzzer99 01-22-2019 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14064365)
There's no way it could have happened at half time - Pat was every bit the wide-eyed 23-year-old pseudo rookie in the first half.

But I can see it happening after the game. The defense simply shut down in the fourth quarter.

The defense played 97 snaps. They were completely gassed by the last half of the 4th Q.

It's their own fault for not getting off the field. But they didn't have much left at that point. That 8 minute mauling to start the game really set the tone and put us in a hole.

I know we always defer - but I wonder if Andy might like to have that decision back and try to get Mahomes out their first. Of course even when the Pats lose the coin flip they still win.

ghak99 01-22-2019 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy (Post 14064311)

We all know what Brady wanted. I'd be mad about losing to a guy like that too. Sick **** needs to keep that shit in his inner circle.

chiefzilla1501 01-22-2019 02:41 PM

I hope he did it in a way that didn't feel like throwing his teammates under the bus. But I trust he has too much poise to do that. If not, then awesome. I don't want an aw shucks guy on the field. I want a killer who despises losing.

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-22-2019 02:43 PM

Bob Suttons gone. Problem is being addressed

Frazod 01-22-2019 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 14064378)
The defense played 97 snaps. They were completely gassed by the last half of the 4th Q.

It's their own fault for not getting off the field. But they didn't have much left at that point. That 8 minute mauling to start the game really set the tone and put us in a hole.

I know we always defer - but I wonder if Andy might like to have that decision back and try to get Mahomes out their first. Of course even when the Pats lose the coin flip they still win.

And that eight minute mauling was completely on them. Inexcusable in that stadium with the noise we were making. I was there and it was damn near loud enough to rattle my fillings. Seriously, **** them. And double **** Sutton.

dlphg9 01-22-2019 02:47 PM

Quote:

This loss isn't on Mahomes at all. I dont care how he played in the first half. He had us in the lead and then drove us down the field with 39 seconds on the clock and 1 timeout to tie the game.

Hammock Parties 01-22-2019 02:48 PM

marty has confimed this

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">He was mad, lot of guys were, including Kelce. I don&#39;t know how they displayed it or specifics of what was said, but a lot of people were vocal about the defensive plan and lack of adjustments.</p>&mdash; The Chiefs Kingdom (Ver 2.0) (@1_ChiefsKingdom) <a href="https://twitter.com/1_ChiefsKingdom/status/1087813002647166976?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 22, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

chiefzilla1501 01-22-2019 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 14064393)
We all know what Brady wanted. I'd be mad about losing to a guy like that too. Sick **** needs to keep that shit in his inner circle.

I hate Brady as much as the next person. But Brady is not the type to do that to just anyone. I think it was out of genuine respect. Fierce competitors have mad respect when they meet their match.

Dayze 01-22-2019 02:48 PM

"Ok, Pat. We've took your suggestion and buried Sutton in a Shallow grave off Blue Ridge. What else can we do; what else do you need"?
/Andy & Clark

Randallflagg 01-22-2019 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 14064268)
what the **** are you talking about

tom brady yells at everyone all the time

Dan Marino was FAMOUS for giving his receivers holy hell for missing a pass, or running the wrong route. It wasn't a good idea to get on his bad side.....

I also remember Lenny Dawson having that same thing...except he was fond of keeping it in the huddle....I think it went something like this "Look here Mister..........." and you knew your ass was in trouble.

dlphg9 01-22-2019 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 14064378)

Maybe make a God damn stop if you dont want to be on the field all game. No we always defer. Im sure Andy wasnt expecting a 8 minute drive to start the game. There is no doubt that he thought Berry was going to make a difference on D, but he didnt.

SAUTO 01-22-2019 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14064421)
marty has confimed this

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">He was mad, lot of guys were, including Kelce. I don&#39;t know how they displayed it or specifics of what was said, but a lot of people were vocal about the defensive plan and lack of adjustments.</p>&mdash; The Chiefs Kingdom (Ver 2.0) (@1_ChiefsKingdom) <a href="https://twitter.com/1_ChiefsKingdom/status/1087813002647166976?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 22, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not trying to sound disrespectful but he also said sutton was retiring...

Sorce 01-22-2019 02:56 PM

"My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious."

Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and not believe this one.

notorious 01-22-2019 02:56 PM

So Mahomes has to play flawless because what again?

Jesus, if Mahomes throws 3 picks (I know I know), one which was in the end zone do you expect the team to win?

That’s exactly what happened with Brady. His team carried his ass.

SAUTO 01-22-2019 02:57 PM

and kelce was mad the whole game, in the 2nd qtr he spent a whole TV timeout going over things with 3 refs about 5 yards out on the field all by himself.

OnTheWarpath15 01-22-2019 02:59 PM

There's a HUGE difference between being mad that you lost the AFCCG, and throwing all of your defensive teammates and coaches under the bus.

Meanwhile, Rex Ryan was spotted in a Best Buy in Leawood.

Hammock Parties 01-22-2019 03:00 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ok, so what I am hearing is that this wasn&#39;t a spoiled athlete breakdown, but a little heated/emotional due to the loss. It wasn&#39;t a fatal outburst but passion and emotion speaking and he didn&#39;t throw anyone under the bus.</p>&mdash; The Chiefs Kingdom (Ver 2.0) (@1_ChiefsKingdom) <a href="https://twitter.com/1_ChiefsKingdom/status/1087817169931427840?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 22, 2019</a></blockquote>

Chiefspants 01-22-2019 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14064457)
So Mahomes has to play flawless because what again?

Jesus, if Mahomes throws 3 picks (I know I know), one which was in the end zone do you expect the team to win?

That’s exactly what happened with Brady. His team carried his ass.

Exactly. Mahomes basically had to play like he did against the Steelers to beat the Pats this year. That's an unfair expectation - especially since teams aren't playing him like Alex Smith. He can do it - but it shouldn't be the expectation.

Chris Meck 01-22-2019 03:01 PM

No way this happened. Fake news.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-22-2019 03:04 PM

Trade him to the Rams

O.city 01-22-2019 03:07 PM

I don't know about it, but it's not a good look.

RunKC 01-22-2019 03:07 PM

I highly doubt this is true. He learned from his dad how to act in a locker room and this does not in any way seem like something he would do.

KCUnited 01-22-2019 03:10 PM

PM'd my email address to get on the distribution list.

RaidersOftheCellar 01-22-2019 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 14064209)
Fat Andy owes Pat an apology for putting friendship over results and murdering his record setting season.

I really don’t care if Andy goes anyway. I’m tired of his shit. His betrayal with sutton is fireable. PATRICK M is our franchise, not Kool-ade dude. Go give Nagy a call.

Do you people realize that w/out Andy's creativity on offense, things could go to shit pretty damn quickly?

Yes, Mahomes will have a certain amount of success in any system. But there's no denying that Reid was a huge part of his 50 TDs and 5000 yards. We don't have linemen that can line up and dominate the LOS or open gaping holes. The success of the offense was heavily dependent upon creativity and confusing defenses.

But proceed....fire Andy because he didn't fire Sutton a year ago!

OnTheWarpath15 01-22-2019 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 14064510)
PM'd my email address to get on the distribution list.

LMAO

ghak99 01-22-2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14064422)
I hate Brady as much as the next person. But Brady is not the type to do that to just anyone. I think it was out of genuine respect. Fierce competitors have mad respect when they meet their match.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-22-2019 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14064470)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ok, so what I am hearing is that this wasn&#39;t a spoiled athlete breakdown, but a little heated/emotional due to the loss. It wasn&#39;t a fatal outburst but passion and emotion speaking and he didn&#39;t throw anyone under the bus.</p>&mdash; The Chiefs Kingdom (Ver 2.0) (@1_ChiefsKingdom) <a href="https://twitter.com/1_ChiefsKingdom/status/1087817169931427840?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 22, 2019</a></blockquote>

Lol if you think he has any real info

htismaqe 01-22-2019 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14064497)
I highly doubt this is true. He learned from his dad how to act in a locker room and this does not in any way seem like something he would do.

You should have seen the look on his face on his way to the locker room.

I HIGHLY doubt he called anyone out or threw any blame around on anyone other than himself.

I could TOTALLY see him having some kind of "come on guys, we can't keep doing this" outburst.

htismaqe 01-22-2019 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 14064532)

You're just butthurt it's not you. Keep posting Twitter stuff, you're good at it.

Hammock Parties 01-22-2019 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 14064532)

You are so jealous.

Marty has been breaking Chiefs news since Gunther was fired.