ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs That was our best shot and we missed it (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320792)

staylor26 01-22-2019 05:29 AM

That was our best shot and we missed it

I know it sounds irrational because it was essentially just year 1 for Mahomes, but this was probably our best ****ing shot and we failed (because of a ****ing offsides penalty). We have two more years of Mahomes on his rookie deal (he’ll get paid before year 5), and I just feel like it’s unlikely that we get the 1st seed with a relatively injury free season again before it’s time to pay up.

Chris Meck 01-22-2019 05:39 AM

best shot SO FAR.

There's no reason to think next year won't be a better shot.

ChiTown 01-22-2019 05:40 AM

Lol - seriously, take a lap

threebag 01-22-2019 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14062849)
best shot SO FAR.

There's no reason to think next year won't be a better shot.

Amen

Sassy Squatch 01-22-2019 05:42 AM

LMAO We fielded a terrible defense this year. The **** you mean this was our "best shot?"

staylor26 01-22-2019 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14062853)
LMAO We fielded a terrible defense this year. The **** you mean this was our "best shot?"

Yea our defense is going to be soooo much better next year

Except it’s not, and it’s highly unlikely that Pat, Kelce, Hill, Watkins, Fisher, Schwartz, Jones, Ford, and Houston are ALL healthy again next year.

007 01-22-2019 05:54 AM

Good grief. Horrible take by the OP

We need a thumbs up/thumbs down for OPs now.

ChiTown 01-22-2019 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14062855)

Except it’s not, and it’s highly unlikely that Pat, Kelce, Hill, Watkins, Fisher, Schwartz, Jones, Ford, and Houston are ALL healthy again next year.

Your takes are getting worse in this thread. Shut it down

staylor26 01-22-2019 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 14062863)
Your takes are getting worse in this thread. Shut it down

Maybe I’m just being negative because of a heartbreaking loss, but would you care to actually dispute what I’m saying?

We haven’t been this healthy for the playoffs in Reid’s entire tenure. I just don’t see it happening again in the next couple of years.

ChiTown 01-22-2019 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14062866)
Maybe I’m just being negative because of a heartbreaking loss, but would you care to actually dispute what I’m saying?

We haven’t been this healthy for the playoffs in Reid’s entire tenure. I just don’t see it happening again in the next couple of years.

On many levels, this D was historically bad. We got to the AFC CG in spite of it, and on the back of a first year starting phenom QB. The future is bright, if we get a new DC and field just an AVERAGE Defense moving forward.

Is the loss disappointing, sure. Was I devastated? Eh, maybe temporarily, but there should be nothing but opitimism when looking at the future of this team. Injuries are a part of the game. We had plenty this year, and survived those, as well as the loss of our superstar RB. It’s all good

staylor26 01-22-2019 06:11 AM

Our 2 biggest positions of need (S and ILB) aren’t going to be fixed this offseason with Hitchens and Berry’s contracts on the books.

You really think Veach is going to admit Hitchens was a mistake and replace him? Or move him to Ragland’s spot and get a legitimate WILB that can cover? Maybe, but I’m not holding my breath.

Chris Meck 01-22-2019 06:16 AM

Quote:

wanna bet? (about the defense)

injuries happen. Houston missed about a third of the season, Berry all of it. Morse a chunk, LDT a chunk, Sammy Watkins about half.

Watts started playing and looking like a find and...IR. It's not like we had an injury free season.

Grampa Bob will almost certainly be gone and while you can make arguments about talent level, I say 3 former #1 picks, like 4 #2 picks and Houston (who was a #1 round talent that fell to #3 because ganja) says that's not a bottom feeder talent group. It's not like these guys were all street FA. They were highly regarded AT ONE POINT. So you've got 8 top 2 round drafted players and an all-pro 3rd rounder with Houston. And you're 31st in defense, unable to get a stop EVER when you ****ing need it.

Ward, Watts, Lucas, and yes, even Speaks flashed although I think he's out of position, Nnadi looks like an ascending player.

I'm wildly optimistic that it can be better on that side of the ball sooner than later.

Red Dawg 01-22-2019 06:17 AM

I would feel better if Bob was fired and Veach wasn't the guy. His moves have been trash.

Chris Meck 01-22-2019 06:19 AM

It's gonna be okay, dude. No way they bring Bob back. Another full draft with an extra 2nd in it, a FA or two, some new blood running the defense...it's gonna be okay.

Mile High Mania 01-22-2019 06:25 AM

Well, guess you should trade Mahomes now.

I mean, you will avoid the $200M contract that is in his near future and think about it - you could receive the motherload of all draft hauls in return.

Get all of that, avoid all of the other and move on knowing that you maximized the best of Mahomes before you were saddled with all that contract debt.

HemiEd 01-22-2019 06:33 AM

Quote:

I am not sure this one gets in the top five.

GloryDayz 01-22-2019 06:42 AM

I can appreciate the optimism, and maybe "up" is about the only way the 31st ranked D can go, but so far the high probability that Bob will be gone amounts to a prayer instead of some science behind how this band of apparent idiots would play measurably better under Andy's next pick to play the role. And with the prospect of day-2-day Haglund being back, there might some justified concern.

ChiTown 01-22-2019 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 14062889)

How does an OT loss in the AFC CG at hone not make the Top 5?

TwistedChief 01-22-2019 06:56 AM

Quote:

Worst defense in the league. Led the league in penalties. Have what looks like an easier schedule next season overall.

I like our chances.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-22-2019 06:57 AM

Have no clue why you guys are worried about the cap and Patrick. In 2 years when they have a lockout all this stuff is gonna change the players will not give in this time around.

FringeNC 01-22-2019 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14062847)
I know it sounds irrational because it was essentially just year 1 for Mahomes, but this was probably our best ****ing shot and we failed (because of a ****ing offsides penalty). We have two more years of Mahomes on his rookie deal (he’ll get paid before year 5), and I just feel like it’s unlikely that we get the 1st seed with a relatively injury free season again before it’s time to pay up.

I understand the sentiment, and half the time I feel that way myself, but I think there is probably more of a chance that this season represents the start of a Chiefs dynasty. Mahomes may be that good. No doubt -- this loss hurts

Reerun_KC 01-22-2019 07:02 AM

Quote:

Ford and Houston both need to go. BDB is worthless. Needs to go. The savings there rebuilds this defense

Sassy Squatch 01-22-2019 07:03 AM

Hell, we were already playing with a cap handicap this year anyway. Just look at all the wasteful spending on defense. You add all that up and it's pretty damn close to the future cap hit of Mahomes.

notorious 01-22-2019 07:05 AM

The Pats tried to choke the game away with turnovers. This should have been a complete blowout.

Yeah, the Chiefs squandered a gift wrapped game. Thanks Ford.

Chris Meck 01-22-2019 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14062894)
I can appreciate the optimism, and maybe "up" is about the only way the 31st ranked D can go, but so far the high probability that Bob will be gone amounts to a prayer instead of some science behind how this band of apparent idiots would play measurably better under Andy's next pick to play the role. And with the prospect of day-2-day Haglund being back, there might some justified concern.

If you watched that defense and think it was well coached, fundamentally sound, and schematically sound, I don't know what to tell you.

Again, 3 former #1 picks, 4 former #2 picks, Houston and a bunch of #3 round picks. That's not bottom feeder talent.

Eleazar 01-22-2019 07:07 AM

Our defense is terrible. It's amazing that we got this far. We lost only to the greatest head coach and QB of all time.

Take your medicine. The future is bright.

farmerchief 01-22-2019 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14062912)
If you watched that defense and think it was well coached, fundamentally sound, and schematically sound, I don't know what to tell you

If Andy really takes a hard look at all the previous playoff losses, what you mentioned has reared its ugly head in all of them! Damn his loyalty if he doesnt see fit to make a change at the top of the D!:#

FringeNC 01-22-2019 07:11 AM

Quote:

I understand the sentiment, and half the time I feel that way myself, but I think there is probably more of a chance that this season represents the start of a Chiefs dynasty. Mahomes may be that good. No doubt -- this loss hurts

Why Not? 01-22-2019 07:17 AM

Defense nowhere near good enough for this to be a complete enough team to consider this our best shot.

HemiEd 01-22-2019 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 14062896)
How does an OT loss in the AFC CG at hone not make the Top 5?

I guess I am used to it and it doesn't upset me as much anymore. It is pretty much expected.

Don't get me wrong, I was upset, but not devastated like some of the others.

It is purely entertainment and it was a nice season with better to come.

As a Chiefs fan, I fully expect the other shoe to drop.

HemiEd 01-22-2019 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 14062906)
Ford and Houston both need to go. BDB is worthless. Needs to go. The savings there rebuilds this defense

ROFL OMG, you are in full troll mode again. ROFL

stevieray 01-22-2019 07:23 AM

pack it in.

don't waste your time then.

:rolleyes:

Coochie liquor 01-22-2019 07:26 AM

This may have been our best shot the last 20 years, don’t think it’s gonna be the best for the next 20. Just a little defensive help will go a long way, seems we’re abkut to get that via coaching change. Mahomes is the future, and it’s bright. Tough loss, and I’m still hating it, but in reality most here knew we weren’t winning shit this year with the 31st ranked D. It’s a testament to Mahomes that we got to the AFCCG! We’ll be back.

Sassy Squatch 01-22-2019 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 14062926)
ROFL OMG, you are in full troll mode again. ROFL

Meh. 93 offensive Patriots snaps and we touched Brady once. We don't need to be paying 30 million+ for that.

Aspengc8 01-22-2019 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 14062906)

Never go full reerun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14062933)
Meh. 93 offensive Patriots snaps and we touched Brady once. We don't need to be paying 30 million+ for that.

Brady had the ball out extremely fast. Doesnt matter who you had rushing.

Chiefnj2 01-22-2019 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 14062889)

Really? You don't think those 3-8 seconds where KC intercepted the ball and everyone thought they were Super Bowl bound was one of the biggest galactic kick in the balls ever? When you heard neutral zone infraction didn't the remaining piece of your Chiefs heart shrivel up and die? Didn't you say "because Chiefs" at that moment?

HemiEd 01-22-2019 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14062933)

Nobody was going to get through those holds in that game. When they are not calling that, it makes the pass rushers obsolete. It was not lack of effort on Ford or Houston's part.

Sassy Squatch 01-22-2019 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 14062936)
Nobody was going to get through those holds in that game. When they are not calling that, it makes the pass rushers obsolete. It was not lack of effort on Ford or Houston's part.

Ok. Why pay so much for pass rushers if they're just going to be held?

chiefzilla1501 01-22-2019 07:32 AM

Our defense can get much better with any hire who isn't Sutton. Brady will someday be less Brady.

And mahomes had a great game but we all know he's capable of much more. By his standards this was not one of his better performances. He will get better and better at reading defenses. He isn't even close to the peak of his game yet.

So yeah, this is definitely an overreaction.

Prison Bitch 01-22-2019 07:32 AM

Jax and Minnesota were SO close last year

Didn’t even make playoffs this year. You get the idea.

HemiEd 01-22-2019 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 14062935)
Really? You don't think those 3-8 seconds where KC intercepted the ball and everyone thought they were Super Bowl bound was one of the biggest galactic kick in the balls ever? When you heard neutral zone infraction didn't the remaining piece of your Chiefs heart shrivel up and die? Didn't you say "because Chiefs" at that moment?

Oh heck yes, but it was kind of expected until the clock says zero. Heck, the Roughing the Passer call on Chris Jones was worse IMO, and an indicator of what was to come.

Not as bad as the other learning experiences from previous games such as the list we have gone over many times that has me jaded.

Sassy Squatch 01-22-2019 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 14062940)

Bortles and Cousins. Top 5 defenses regressing. You make such a convincing argument.

Prison Bitch 01-22-2019 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 14062936)

They had no problem getting thru our holds apparently

lewdog 01-22-2019 07:35 AM

Our defense literally can’t get worse.

staylor26 01-22-2019 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 14062946)
Our defense literally can’t get worse.

Our offense literally can’t get any better also. And it’s very unlikely to even be as good.

Prison Bitch 01-22-2019 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14062944)
Bortles and Cousins. Top 5 defenses regressing. You make such a convincing argument.

Fat Andy put his friend Bob Sutton over you. And you paid he ultimate price as a fan.How does that feel bro?

RunKC 01-22-2019 07:40 AM

I see staylors point. We were extremely fortunate to be this healthy this season and the Patriots lost HFA on a miracle in Miami. Is that likely to happen again?

If you read the tea leaves, you see that this was a rebuilding season in the eyes of Andy and Veach. They knew Patrick was good, but even they didn’t know he was going to be this great so quickly. I believed Terez when he said that ‘19 and ‘20 were the seasons they saw as their best opportunity.

I foresee Veach doing a lot of work on the defense this offseason and going all in per se like the Rams.

We’ve likely got the same offense minus Mitch Morse, and that’s with Mahomes having a full year of real experience under his belt. Now add a new DC and significantly more defensive talent to a defense that will surely be much better.

Health is a big part of it, but I believe next years roster will be the best one Andy has ever had.

stevieray 01-22-2019 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 14062952)
Fat Andy put his friend Bob Sutton over you. And you paid he ultimate price as a fan.How does that feel bro?

dude, stop pretending you get to tell people how to feel about this.

piss in your own cheerios.

Sassy Squatch 01-22-2019 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 14062952)

About as good as it feels for you to have to actually stand up at a Chiefs game. Tell me, did you actually knee cap anyone at the game or were you too much of a pussy?

stevieray 01-22-2019 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14062951)
Our offense literally can’t get any better also.

that's just not true.

your battered fan syndrome is showing.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-22-2019 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14062954)
I see staylors point. We were extremely fortunate to be this healthy this season and the Patriots lost HFA on a miracle in Miami. Is that likely to happen again?

If you read the tea leaves, you see that this was a rebuilding season in the eyes of Andy and Veach. They knew Patrick was good, but even they didn’t know he was going to be this great so quickly. I believed Terez when he said that ‘19 and ‘20 were the seasons they saw as their best opportunity.

I foresee Veach doing a lot of work on the defense this offseason and going all in per se like the Rams.

We’ve likely got the same offense minus Mitch Morse, and that’s with Mahomes having a full year of real experience under his belt. Now add a new DC and significantly more defensive talent to a defense that will surely be much better.

Health is a big part of it, but I believe next years roster will be the best one Andy has ever had.

Agree 100%

Prison Bitch 01-22-2019 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14062958)
About as good as it feels for you to have to actually stand up at a Chiefs game. Tell me, did you actually knee cap anyone at the game or were you too much of a pussy?

Fat Andy chose Sutton over you.

Why Not? 01-22-2019 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 14062935)

Today’s NFL. I never get excited until at least 10 seconds after the play. Gotta check for that flag

Sassy Squatch 01-22-2019 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 14062961)
Fat Andy chose Sutton over you.

LMAO Your shit talk is as weak as your legs.

rtmike 01-22-2019 07:47 AM

Dallas made tremendous strides in one year with their defense.
There’s no reason to think it can’t be done with the Chiefs?

PAChiefsGuy 01-22-2019 07:48 AM

I'm still upset over the loss and will be for a while but I don't think Chiefs blew that big of an opportunity. Brady is only going to decline from here on out while Mahomes will only get better.

This was a great experience for Mahomes and the Chiefs. Next time he will be ready for those blitzes. Gotta remember Brady has been playing for like 20-years. He has seen it all. Mahomes is still learning.

We'll have other opportunities to beat those guys before Brady retires and playoff seeding is so overrated. When going against the elite teams of the NFL the best team usually wins regardless of where it is played. Playing at home isn't going to help our dline from getting mauled or help our offense against the blitz. It only does so much. Still nice to have of course and crowd noise helps but it isn't a huge advantage in the playoffs IMO

ChiTown 01-22-2019 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 14062959)
that's just not true.

your battered fan syndrome is showing.

BTW, it’s always nice seeing FDE on the Jumbotron :)

rtmike 01-22-2019 07:49 AM

Quote:

This. Please.

Why Not? 01-22-2019 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 14062940)

Vikings have two great WR and a couple dudes on D. Otherwise it’s a group of JAGs plus no coach who could run an offense.

Everyone on the planet knew the Jags had found one year of lighting in a bottle. They tried to win in the 2018 NFL with literally no weapons on offense. Everyone on the Chiefs offense is so much better than their Jaguars peer, it’s not even funny. Maybe Fournette over Williams but Fournette is a broke dick malcontent.

Prison Bitch 01-22-2019 07:52 AM

but somehow the Chiefs were even worse in 2018. They finished 31st in defense, 30th in Football Outsiders’ catch-all DVOA measurement, 31st in passing yards surrendered and 31st in average yards per rush.

Andy decided to bring this asshole back when EVERYONE knew he was insane to do so. And we were all proved right, Andy proved dead-ass wrong. And so one of the greatest years ever by a QB was flushed down the toilet - because of a stubborn man being loyal to his friend.

dirk digler 01-22-2019 07:52 AM

I get what your saying but I don't think we had a relatively injury free season and our defense was shit. Mahomes is only going to get better and I know we are all hoping and praying Sutton is gone so we can get our D back into the 15-18 range which is really all we need.

Sandy Vagina 01-22-2019 07:53 AM

Quote:

Though this one was so there for the taking, there will be other shots. There should have been added help on defense, and there better be this offseason. The defensive collapse should have been as expected to Andy as it was for so many fans.

Anyway, there will be plenty of talent in KC to expect them right back in AFCCG contention for next season, and seasons to follow.

dirk digler 01-22-2019 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 14062977)
but somehow the Chiefs were even worse in 2018. They finished 31st in defense, 30th in Football Outsiders’ catch-all DVOA measurement, 31st in passing yards surrendered and 31st in average yards per rush.

Andy decided to bring this asshole back when EVERYONE knew he was insane to do so. And we were all proved right, Andy proved dead-ass wrong. And so one of the greatest years ever by a QB was flushed down the toilet - because of a stubborn man being loyal to his friend.

very true and it sucks. Though in defense of Andy I am pretty sure nobody and that includes us thought the Chiefs and Pat would be this good this season. I know I didn't, I was thinking 9-7 at best. Still no reason at all why they kept him around though UNLESS he wanted Bob here to run the defense so he could concentrate on teaching Pat.

203Pat 01-22-2019 07:55 AM

Lol you will have plenty more shots at a super bowl going forward with Mahomes.

HemiEd 01-22-2019 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 14062945)
They had no problem getting thru our holds apparently

Did you see the Chiefs holding?

Also, did you notice their Tackles getting a very special start on occasion?

Prison Bitch 01-22-2019 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 14062983)
very true and it sucks. Though in defense of Andy I am pretty sure nobody and that includes us thought the Chiefs and Pat would be this good this season. I know I didn't, I was thinking 9-7 at best.

Yes, but when we did know (and we did by week 3 frankly), fire that asshole! Teams make these changes all the time. Vikes fires their O-Cord right after their Seattle loss mid season....the Rams debacle was final final last straw.

RunKC 01-22-2019 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 14062970)
I'm still upset over the loss and will be for a while but I don't think Chiefs blew that big of an opportunity. Brady is only going to decline from here on out while Mahomes will only get better.

This was a great experience for Mahomes and the Chiefs. Next time he will be ready for those blitzes. Gotta remember Brady has been playing for like 20-years. He has seen it all. Mahomes is still learning.

We'll have other opportunities to beat those guys before Brady retires and playoff seeding is so overrated. When going against the elite teams of the NFL the best team usually wins regardless of where it is played. Playing at home isn't going to help our dline from getting mauled or help our offense against the blitz. It only does so much. Still nice to have of course and crowd noise helps but it isn't a huge advantage in the playoffs IMO

I’ll be really honest with you. Brady isn’t retiring for awhile. I foresee him playing at least 3 more years. This isn’t like Manning either. Brady has taken excellent care of his body and the Patriots new offense doesn’t need him to make deep throws. It’s all short precision which hides his fading arm strength and keeps him from getting hit.

The Patriots may lose Gronk, but they have 12 draft picks. 6 of those picks are in the top 100. They are going to have plenty of ammo to be a much better team next year.

DRM08 01-22-2019 07:59 AM

Quote:

Reid and Veach probably had no idea the defense would be this bad. Odds are pretty strong the Chiefs offense will take a step backwards in 2019. The Ravens and Patriots both showed the blueprint on how to give Mahomes trouble. OL is overrated. Be physical with receivers and throw heavy blitzes at the OL/Mahomes.

Sassy Squatch 01-22-2019 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 14062988)
Yes, but when we did know (and we did by week 3 frankly), fire that asshole! Teams make these changes all the time. Vikes fires their O-Cord right after their Seattle loss mid season....the Rams debacle was final final last straw.

LMAO So you tried to troll me about wanting Sutton fired and then turn right around and bitch about how he should've been fired immediately afterwards. ROFL You're such a buffoon.

stevieray 01-22-2019 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 14062971)
BTW, it’s always nice seeing FDE on the Jumbotron :)

:eek:

Sassy Squatch 01-22-2019 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 14062998)
:eek:

I saw you up on the jumbotron with your super duper gay jacket as well.

staylor26 01-22-2019 08:04 AM

There’s probably less than a 10% chance that we’re the #1 seed next year, relatively healthy, and we have a significantly better defense to go with an offense that’s just as good as this years.

gold_and_red 01-22-2019 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14062989)
I’ll be really honest with you. Brady isn’t retiring for awhile. I foresee him playing at least 3 more years. This isn’t like Manning either. Brady has taken excellent care of his body and the Patriots new offense doesn’t need him to make deep throws. It’s all short precision which hides his fading arm strength and keeps him from getting hit.

The Patriots may lose Gronk, but they have 12 draft picks. 6 of those picks are in the top 100. They are going to have plenty of ammo to be a much better team next year.

This.
How can this team improve to take down the Patriots in the next 3 years? If we can’t play good defense in the playoffs Mahomes will not matter.

LoneWolf 01-22-2019 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14063004)
There’s probably less than a 10% chance that we’re the #1 seed next year, relatively healthy, and we have a significantly better defense to go with an offense that’s just as good as this years.

Holy shit dude. Tuck in your pussy lips and zip up your fly. The Chiefs have 10 starters returning on offense. They lost Watkins and Hunt for significant portions of this season and still raped defenses all season.

They have an entire offseason to work on fixing the defense. There is a real good chance they are a better team next year.

dirk digler 01-22-2019 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 14062988)

I don't disagree. I thought they should have fired him during the bye week

stevieray 01-22-2019 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14063003)
I saw you up on the jumbotron with your super duper gay jacket as well.

My wife made that.

**** off.

Sassy Squatch 01-22-2019 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 14063012)
My wife made that.

**** off.

I was kidding, man. We talked at the tailgate about your jacket. Thought the super duper part would've gotten the sarcasm over.

Buckweath 01-22-2019 08:13 AM

This is a bit of a silly thread.

Most fans here thought the next season was going to be the one.

It is only Mahomes' amazing season which gave this team a chance to win the SB as early as this year.

Veach absolutely has to go all in this offseason. Like smart and super agressive.

The Saints and the Rams went all in the last offseason and during this season (Saints trading for Apple, etc.). Now this is our turn.

I personnally believe next year might be the best Chiefs team in the foreseeable future.

I expect a massively improved defense, nothing less. I'm serious.

stevieray 01-22-2019 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14063015)
I was kidding, man. We talked at the tailgate about your jacket. Thought the super duper part would've gotten the sarcasm over.

I apologize.

Just tired of it.

notorious 01-22-2019 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 14063023)
I apologize.

Just tired of it.

We all are, Stevie. We all are.