ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dee Ford wants to be back guys!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320763)

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01-21-2019 03:22 PM

Dee Ford wants to be back guys!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dee Ford as he enters free agency: “I would love to be back.”</p>&mdash; Sam McDowell (@SamMcDowell11) <a href="https://twitter.com/SamMcDowell11/status/1087452205945360385?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 21, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Molitoth 01-21-2019 03:22 PM

Needs to back himself out of the neutral zone.

Rain Man 01-21-2019 03:25 PM

I want Dee back. Dee did good work for us this year.

In58men 01-21-2019 03:25 PM

I’d love for him to be back as well.

Sign Hill and Jones

Tag Ford

This is only the beginning fellas. First year QB makes it to the championship? Bring back the same players!!! Let’s roll.

bobhill 01-21-2019 03:26 PM

At a home town discount for Fuqin the SuperBowl for us

FAX 01-21-2019 03:28 PM

I have a theory ... others had it first, but I've claimed this theory as my own personal theory now.

From this point forward, good players (including FAs) will want to play for the Chiefs. It's another aspect of the Mahomes Effect.

FAX

YontsRBake 01-21-2019 03:29 PM

I’m amazed you guys are blaming him and not the dipshit DC who put a guy who’s been in a 2 point the entire year into a 3 point in the most critical time.

Bring Dee Ford back and send Sutton the fkn glue factory. This defense has a ton of talent, only a complete potato could make them the 31st ranked D.

dj56dt58 01-21-2019 03:30 PM

GTFO

1. He cost us a trip to the Superbowl

2. This scheme doesn't work, Sutton needs to go and someone with a different scheme needs to come in. Ford sucks against the run, we need more 4 man fronts and he doesnt fit in

Mecca 01-21-2019 03:31 PM

I'm going to be honest, I think having guys like Dee Ford and Chris Jones as main players is a serious problem.

Especially more than 1, they are both 1 trick ponies that can't do anything but pass rush because either that's all they are or all they care about. Dee Ford has no awareness to drop into a coverage, he sucks at run D...

These are not the type of guys that should be cornerstones unless you want a 32 D.

FAX 01-21-2019 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YontsRBake (Post 14061334)
I’m amazed you guys are blaming him and not the dipshit DC who put a guy who’s been in a 2 point the entire year into a 3 point in the most critical time.

Bring Dee Ford back and send Sutton the fkn glue factory. This defense has a ton of talent, only a complete potato could make them the 31st ranked D.

Uh ... I thought Ford has the freedom to decide if he wants to line up standing or hand-in-dirt. No?

FAX

JakeF 01-21-2019 03:31 PM

Sure he does, for 20 million per year with 50 million guaranteed.

Simply Red 01-21-2019 03:32 PM

Come back

Red Dawg 01-21-2019 03:32 PM

I say no. He doesn't do anything but run fast after the QB. He can't man up and help on edge. Yesterday he did zero.

FringeNC 01-21-2019 03:32 PM

Unsure. Definite "no" to a long term deal. Tag? Maybe. I think I lean to blowing it up and starting over, and prioritizing the cap money around Mahomes and the offense.

dj56dt58 01-21-2019 03:33 PM

Paying Ford would be a huge mistake, tell bob to get ****ed, find a dc and go from there.

dj56dt58 01-21-2019 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14061342)
I'm going to be honest, I think having guys like Dee Ford and Chris Jones as main players is a serious problem.

Especially more than 1, they are both 1 trick ponies that can't do anything but pass rush because either that's all they are or all they care about. Dee Ford has no awareness to drop into a coverage, he sucks at run D...

These are not the type of guys that should be cornerstones unless you want a 32 D.

100% truth in this post

Mecca 01-21-2019 03:34 PM

It's time to just admit they need to start over from the DC to everyone else.

Houston, Ford, Berry, Bailey, time to start over.

FAX 01-21-2019 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 14061337)
GTFO

2. This scheme doesn't work, Sutton needs to go and someone with a different scheme needs to come in. Ford sucks against the run, we need more 4 man fronts and he doesnt fit in

Uh ... Ford has played much better against the run this year. Sure looks that way to me. Granted, I haven't seen any "advanced stats" ... just using my one good eye.

As for coverage, he shouldn't be doing much of that anyhow. Maybe the RB to the flat from time-to-time ... but that's not his game. Nor should it be, IMO.

FAX

FAX 01-21-2019 03:35 PM

Quote:

We're running out of stones, my friend.

FAX

Mecca 01-21-2019 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14061369)
We're running out of stones, my friend.

FAX

In reality we have no cornerstones, so we shouldn't be paying any of them like they are.

Chris Jones and Kendall Fuller are good players but they are complimentary guys. No one on this defense is a stud that makes it go.

Hammock Parties 01-21-2019 03:37 PM

Houston is about done. Elite OL swallow him up.

Pay Ford, see if you can develop Speaks and make him lose 20 pounds, draft another pass rusher.

Bye Justin, it was fun.

Mecca 01-21-2019 03:38 PM

This team has a ton of money wrapped up in the LB position also, for the money that is in our LB position you'd think we had the second coming of the Saints LB's when it was Swilling, Mills and Jackson.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01-21-2019 03:38 PM

Houston did have 1 pressure against Brady that made him throw it incomplete. What did Ford do? He did nothing! Absolutely nothing last game

FringeNC 01-21-2019 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14061374)
Houston is about done. Elite OL swallow him up.

Pay Ford, see if you can develop Speaks and make him lose 20 pounds, draft another pass rusher.

Bye Justin, it was fun.

No way he stays at his current ridiculous cap number, so unless he renegotiates there's no chance he's here.

The Franchise 01-21-2019 03:39 PM

Switch to a 4-3. You’re able to bring pressure with your front four and get LBs that can cover.

comochiefsfan 01-21-2019 03:40 PM

He made a killer mistake last night but we can't let emotion cloud common sense.

Pass rushers are very important in this league and Dee is a really good one. It's a no brainer to tag him and bring him back next season.

dirk digler 01-21-2019 03:40 PM

No thanks

Donger 01-21-2019 03:41 PM

Huh. It will be interesting see where things line up.

FAX 01-21-2019 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14061372)
In reality we have no cornerstones, so we shouldn't be paying any of them like they are.

Chris Jones and Kendall Fuller are good players but they are complimentary guys. No one on this defense is a stud that makes it go.

Preacher. Choir.

I've been saying that for awhile, now.

The unfortunate fact is that we have little upon which to build [Insert FAX bitching about Dorsey here] due to our existing contractual obligations and the lack of developmental depth.

Fire everybody isn't a strategy.

FAX

Donger 01-21-2019 03:43 PM

Quote:

Chris Jones and Kendall Fuller are good players but they are complimentary guys.

So they say nice things?

Bump 01-21-2019 03:44 PM

Maybe Tunoh Kassapopopopaga will finally be ready to play next year? What a 2nd round pick that was.

But ya, Ford is simply a pass rusher and not good vs the run and definitely doesn't drop back in coverage.

We'll have to see what's going to happen, are we going to keep Sutton, are we going to stay in a 3-4 type of scheme? I don't think it would be a very smooth transition to switch from a 3-4 with what we have.

T-post Tom 01-21-2019 03:47 PM

Tag and trade if possible. Nice guy. Had a good year. Terrible error at worst possible time. Feel bad for him on that. But he's undersized and not multifaceted. Paying him a big long-term contract for this year's production would be a huge mistake. Money would be better suited for someone like Trey Flowers. He is much more versatile and does everything right.

FringeNC 01-21-2019 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 14061393)
He made a killer mistake last night but we can't let emotion cloud common sense.

Pass rushers are very important in this league and Dee is a really good one. It's a no brainer to tag him and bring him back next season.

How is it common sense to give Ford a massive contract? One can make an argument for it, but it's hardly "common sense". Belichick doesn't give many second contracts to guys on D.

SupDock 01-21-2019 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14061362)

It couldn't be worse

comochiefsfan 01-21-2019 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 14061419)
How is it common sense to give Ford a massive contract? One can make an argument for it, but it's hardly "common sense". Belichick doesn't give many second contracts to guys on D.

I'm not saying that we should give him a huge deal. But I think we should bring him back for a year. He's one of the only good players on our defense. I don't think we can really afford to let the little talent that we have on that side of the ball walk.

In58men 01-21-2019 03:55 PM

One bad play, cut him.

tyton75 01-21-2019 03:58 PM

Tag Ford, get Chris Jones under contract. Then use 3 real D-lineman and rotate Houston and Ford one OLB position

Donger 01-21-2019 04:01 PM

"I got to see the ball, especially at the time of that game and, you know, what was at stake."

Mecca 01-21-2019 04:05 PM

I don't think they should be keeping him anyway, this collection of players isn't getting it done.

It's time for a complete new start there are a handful of guys here i think can be solid pieces but the big money guys need to be replaced.

BossChief 01-21-2019 04:05 PM

The guy had 14 sacks and 8 forced fumbles.

Franchise him and tell his ass to build his core strength without pushing it (so his back will continue to strengthen and he becomes better against the run) and to stay on the right side of the bell for ****s sake.

He’s this defenses Dwight Freeney.

No way should they let him walk.

Chargem 01-21-2019 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyton75 (Post 14061445)
Tag Ford, get Chris Jones under contract. Then use 3 real D-lineman and rotate Houston and Ford one OLB position

Rotate two guys who would have cap hits of ~$17m and ~$20m through one spot?

If you're paying Ford on the tag you can't have him be a rotational piece.

Iowanian 01-21-2019 04:06 PM

That's great news......if it weren't for his first years of under-performing expectations and injury riddled seasons and only playing big in his contract year, I'd be all for it.

Given the facts, he did have a good year rushing the passer but is a liability in run support and isn't great in coverage.

if it's a reasonable, team friendly deal then sure. If not...good luck.

Mecca 01-21-2019 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14061477)
The guy had 14 sacks and 8 forced fumbles.

Franchise him and tell his ass to build his core strength without pushing it (so his back will continue to strengthen and he becomes better against the run) and to stay on the right side of the bell for ****s sake.

He’s this defenses Dwight Freeney.

No way should they let him walk.

He's part of the reason the defense sucks balls...you can't do anything interesting with him because his game awareness is terrible, he plays like he's a functioning idiot.

You know what this team should be doing?

Going to 4-3, moving Chris Jones to end where his desire to rush won't kill them as much and may actually help them in the run do to his size on the edge. Move Kpass and Speaks into being ends also. Then you have Nadi and Hamilton for DT and hopefully a pickup in the draft or FA.

Slide Hitchens over to SOLB because well you have to keep him, make a splash somewhere for a MLB even if that means trading up and maybe see if you can knab a KJ Wright to be your weakside guy.

Then the secondary needs players cause Nelson needs to go...but that to me a start at fixing that front 7.

MahiMike 01-21-2019 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14061362)

I agree. These guys are damaged goods now. Some physically. All mentally.

CoMoChief 01-21-2019 04:12 PM

Sutton and Reid cost us the SB.

I'll blame them long before I will Ford, although that was a giant colossal mistake.

Bowser 01-21-2019 04:12 PM

Hitchens played so shitty this year that I'm actually all for Ben Niemann getting a shot at the spot if he can pack on 15-20 pounds of muscle.

Mecca 01-21-2019 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14061509)
Hitchens played so shitty this year that I'm actually all for Ben Niemann getting a shot at the spot if he can pack on 15-20 pounds of muscle.

Hitchens makes so much money he'd still play even if he just pissed on the field before games.

I'll say this for him, him and Fuller were both very well thought of before they got here.

philfree 01-21-2019 04:16 PM

Tag Ford and then trade him to an NFC team for a 2nd and some change.

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-21-2019 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 14061337)
GTFO

Yet Chris Jones had NO tackles and NO sacks. Bob Sutton needs replaced.

Mecca 01-21-2019 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 14061527)
[/B]

Yet Chris Jones had NO tackles and NO sacks. Bob Sutton needs replaced.

Chris Jones is also a one trick pony, a legit coach would be in his ass about the way he defends the run.

Remember the way Derrick Johnson was treated when Haley was here...Jones needs some of that.

smithandrew051 01-21-2019 04:21 PM

It’s simple. Fire Sutton and get rid of as much dead weight on defense as possible.

A quick turn around is very possible. We aren’t asking them to be elite. Just be average.

The only defensive players I want back for sure are:
Jones
Fuller (he’s cheap)
Lucas (cheap and young)
Ward (showed lots of promise)
DOD
Speaks (I’d like to see what he could do after an offseason of getting his body right)
Nnadi

Everyone else should be gone as soon as it makes cap sense to do so.

Discuss Thrower 01-21-2019 04:21 PM

Dee Ford is the quicker, slender less of a cheapshot artist version of Albert Haynesworth.

Hammock Parties 01-21-2019 05:14 PM

https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...95&oe=5CCB1CBF

Marcellus 01-21-2019 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14061769)

ROFL

Marcellus 01-21-2019 05:18 PM

Seriously though, bring him back if the contract is reasonable, I don't even want him franchised, thats too expensive.

Houston will be gone soon and no certainty we keep Jones who will likely make way more than Ford on the market because DL pass rushers are very rare.

O.city 01-21-2019 05:19 PM

Tag coming I’d imagine

Also the pat tackle was in an illegal formation on the penalty but that didn’t get called

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-21-2019 05:19 PM

Quote:

This is absolutely correct.

bricks 01-21-2019 05:21 PM

Quote:

I have a feeling that they’ll keep both.

O.city 01-21-2019 05:21 PM

There’s maybe something there that you want more we’ll rounded guys that maybe aren’t elite at one thing but just solid at everything

GloryDayz 01-21-2019 05:21 PM

He'd be smart to wait until the Chiefs DC situation is decided before making a decision to move to the Patriot on mare than the part-time basis he's on with them now.

If Sutton stays (unpossible!!!!), then he should leave for a better ship, if they replace Bob with a no-name, same thing. But if they replace Bob with a coach that's sure to ignite some fire in the D, then he should consider staying.

O.city 01-21-2019 05:22 PM

I think if you’re going to keep them both you need to get to a different style d where you don’t ask ford to play much off the los

dirk digler 01-21-2019 05:22 PM

So the cost to franchise Ford is $16 million. Yeah **** that.

Marcellus 01-21-2019 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14061801)
I think if you’re going to keep them both you need to get to a different style d where you don’t ask ford to play much off the los

Many pass rushing OLB have been below average against the run, see Derick Thomas for example.

Having a DL who is only good at pass rush is a much bigger liability in my opinion and I think Jones is goin to get PAID by a team who want his pass rush ability. The combo of him and Ford may be bad but separate it may not be as much an issue.

O.city 01-21-2019 05:30 PM

Jones is a lot like Aaron Donald

It’s just hard to have a dl be great vs the run and the pass.

I don’t know what to do

Warrior5 01-21-2019 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 14061802)

Exactly. Piss on that.

smithandrew051 01-21-2019 05:45 PM

Quote:

You can get a couple pretty good players for that. Peace out, Dee!

We have so many holes on D, that we need to upgrade multiple positions. Overpaying one-dimension players who no-show in the biggest game of the year is not the answer.

I was in the Franchise Ford camp all year until last night. I hope we’ve seen the last of him.

Marcellus 01-21-2019 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 14061881)

We have so many holes on D, that we need to upgrade multiple positions. Overpaying one-dimension players who no-show in the biggest game of the year is not the answer.

I was in the Franchise Ford camp all year until last night. I hope we’ve seen the last of him.

Fords ONLY real knock is health, you seem to fail to remember he won a few games for us this season and kept us in several others we won. 8 forced fumbles to go with the sacks?

Are you shitting me you want to throw that to the curb?

Jones is more expendable IMO.

-King- 01-21-2019 05:51 PM

Quote:

Wtf in what way is Chris Jones a complementary player?

-King- 01-21-2019 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 14061881)

Because of 1 play?

Marcellus 01-21-2019 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14061893)
Wtf in what way is Chris Jones a complementary player?

He doesn't play the run, like at all. For all the shit Ford gets he makes way more running plays than Jones does.

Mecca 01-21-2019 06:02 PM

A DT that doesn't play the run is basically an invitation to be run on and have your MLBs get guards on them...wonder why we give up running yards? There you go...in a 3-4 you can't have a guy do that it opens huge lanes. 4-3 it's a bit more acceptable cause you can put a run stuffer next to him.

-King- 01-21-2019 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14061907)
He doesn't play the run, like at all. For all the shit Ford gets he makes way more running plays than Jones does.

Put someone who can play the run next to him and problem solved. It's like saying Aaron Donald is a complementary player too because he doesn't play the run either.

-King- 01-21-2019 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14061925)
A DT that doesn't play the run is basically an invitation to be run on and have your MLBs get guards on them...wonder why we give up running yards? There you go...in a 3-4 you can't have a guy do that it opens huge lanes. 4-3 it's a bit more acceptable cause you can put a run stuffer next to him.

Is Aaron Donald a complementary player?

bricks 01-21-2019 06:03 PM

**** Dee Ford. Piece of shit cost us a superbowl appearance.

Mecca 01-21-2019 06:04 PM

Aaron Donald is in a different scheme with Suh next to him....in this scheme Chris Jones is a huge reason the run D sucks.

In58men 01-21-2019 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 14061934)
**** Dee Ford. Piece of shit cost us a superbowl appearance.

Eric Berry should have turned around.

-King- 01-21-2019 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14061938)
Aaron Donald is in a different scheme with Suh next to him....in this scheme Chris Jones is a huge reason the run D sucks.

And the Rams run defense sucks too. So...

Marcellus 01-21-2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14061941)
And the Rams run defense sucks too. So...

You just made the case against Donald and Jones.

Only reason Rams are on the way to the SB is a terrible non call on an obvious PI, just like KC was one play from the SB. :shrug:

FringeNC 01-21-2019 06:07 PM

Quote:

Isn't that also about Houston's number for next year?

O.city 01-21-2019 06:07 PM

You can get run stuffers easier. Problem is teams get you in situations where you can’t rush the passer

Having interior dl that ran rush the passer is super rare. I’d keep Jones over ford and try and put some better guys around jones