ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ztrip (Arrowhead's version of Uber) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320586)

DJ's left nut 01-18-2019 01:33 PM

Ztrip (Arrowhead's version of Uber)

So as a general rule, we're in the lot within about a half hour of gates opening. Unfortunately we have clients coming in from out of town who have elected to pre-game at a local bar instead so we aren't going to be tailgating this one (and if we lose, my seat partner is going to take untold amounts of shit from me for this as I hate this plan...)

Has anyone used Ztrip to get rides into or out of the stadium? I figure getting in won't be a big problem but getting out may be a serious concern. We have 2 parking passes (one in gold reserve no less) but again - too damn many pussies have involved themselves in this process. And if we get rides, we can all get drunker'n shit before getting a lift back to the hotel.

Any feedback would be appreciated...

The Franchise 01-18-2019 01:37 PM

You don't need their business that bad.

Who the **** would rather go to a bar over tailgaiting for this experience?

TambaBerry 01-18-2019 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 14050286)
You don't need their business that bad.

Who the **** would rather go to a bar over tailgaiting for this experience?

this, not a chance in hell it is worth it to take any client to this game

Fish 01-18-2019 01:43 PM

Arrowhead pickup/dropoff: https://www.chiefs.com/stadium/dropoffpickup

Through a partnership with zTrip, all zTrip passholding vehicles (including a variety of vehicles included but not limited to, taxicabs, black cars and limousines) can drop off and pick up within the Truman Sports Complex grounds. zTrip riders will be dropped off and picked up on the east side of Arrowhead Stadium across from Lot A/B on Red Coat Drive.

Fish 01-18-2019 01:44 PM

If you use Uber, they only allow pickup/dropoff at the Missouri Welcome Center on Blue Ridge Cutoff.

WhawhaWhat 01-18-2019 01:45 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/iJxHzcuNcCJXi/giphy.gif

sportsman1 01-18-2019 01:49 PM

Is the Welcome Center a good drop spot on Gameday, or should I pony up and just pay to park?

loochy 01-18-2019 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportsman1 (Post 14050319)
Is the Welcome Center a good drop spot on Gameday, or should I pony up and just pay to park?

That's not a bad walk at all

Marcellus 01-18-2019 01:52 PM

Using Z-trip to get there is no biggie but there will be a hella long line to get one the way out. I think we waited in line for about 2 hours after the Pitt playoff game.

If you are sitting Club Level use the extra hour you get to hang out there while shit thins out.

DJ's left nut 01-18-2019 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14050304)
Arrowhead pickup/dropoff: https://www.chiefs.com/stadium/dropoffpickup

Through a partnership with zTrip, all zTrip passholding vehicles (including a variety of vehicles included but not limited to, taxicabs, black cars and limousines) can drop off and pick up within the Truman Sports Complex grounds. zTrip riders will be dropped off and picked up on the east side of Arrowhead Stadium across from Lot A/B on Red Coat Drive.

A/B is literally as far away from my seats as I could possible be. We're in 121 on the other side of the !@#$ing stadium.

I spoke to a guy that said that the Z-Trip drivers will actually just purchase a pass to get in. I don't buy that for a minute, to be honest. The website certainly seems to say that the only way you get dropped off inside the complex is if you have a parking pass (and that surely seems to be a one-off).

The Chiefs say that after halftime fees are no longer charged for entry. So theoretically I should be able to book the Z-Trip, use the pass I already have to get access inside the complex and get dropped off at Gold where I usually park, then have them come in and get us later in the same area.

I ****ing hate everything about this. We have a goddamn drywall heater and an easy up. I have gold reserve and a handicap tag for my red reserve and we can just sandwich cars, fire up the heaters and be happier than pigs in shit, as was the case when we got there when gates opened last goddamn week.

DJ's left nut 01-18-2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14050326)
Using Z-trip to get there is no biggie but there will be a hella long line to get one the way out. I think we waited in line for about 2 hours after the Pitt playoff game.

If you are sitting Club Level use the extra hour you get to hang out there while shit thins out.

Dude, if we win that game, shit's not gonna thin out.

Everybody in that stadium will just be sitting there crying along with Clark when they give him his dad's trophy. It's gonna be nuts.

Marcellus 01-18-2019 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14050330)

Everybody in that stadium will just be sitting there crying along with Clark when they give him his dad's trophy. It's gonna be nuts.

Oh shit, no doubt, I hadn't even thought about the trophy ceremony. Getting goose bumps now.

bdj23 01-18-2019 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14050326)

I dunno how it works at Arrowhead, but when we saw the line at the cab stand in Denver we walked to that hotel next to the stadium and ordered a few overpriced drinks at their bar while we waited on a cab, rather than freezing our dicks off.

Pitt Gorilla 01-18-2019 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14050327)
A/B is literally as far away from my seats as I could possible be. We're in 121 on the other side of the !@#$ing stadium.

I spoke to a guy that said that the Z-Trip drivers will actually just purchase a pass to get in. I don't buy that for a minute, to be honest. The website certainly seems to say that the only way you get dropped off inside the complex is if you have a parking pass (and that surely seems to be a one-off).

The Chiefs say that after halftime fees are no longer charged for entry. So theoretically I should be able to book the Z-Trip, use the pass I already have to get access inside the complex and get dropped off at Gold where I usually park, then have them come in and get us later in the same area.

I ****ing hate everything about this. We have a goddamn drywall heater and an easy up. I have gold reserve and a handicap tag for my red reserve and we can just sandwich cars, fire up the heaters and be happier than pigs in shit, as was the case when we got there when gates opened last goddamn week.

It seems like your clients should man the **** up and enjoy the experience. Nothing better than the tailgate.

Tonka83 01-18-2019 02:00 PM

Quote:

Yeah that really sucks. Those are great parking spots and it's not even going to be that cold. It sound like your friends are going to miss out on a great experience. I would not trust that a pickup service will actually be able to come up to the stadium, but I have never used any of them. I see taxis sometimes so who knows.

Fish 01-18-2019 02:09 PM

Quote:

Damn that sucks. Those clients are going to be a ball and chain for what should be an epic Arrowhead experience. Maybe offer to buy them tickets to one of the tented Chiefs-run tailgate experiences in the lot. It would be close by your tailgate. Maybe they'd go for something like that. Might be worth the price for you to enjoy your Gold location.

DJ's left nut 01-18-2019 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14050368)
Damn that sucks. Those clients are going to be a ball and chain for what should be an epic Arrowhead experience. Maybe offer to buy them tickets to one of the tented Chiefs-run tailgate experiences in the lot. It would be close by your tailgate. Maybe they'd go for something like that. Might be worth the price for you to enjoy your Gold location.

I was wondering about that.

Ticketsforless has $99 "VIP Tailgate" passes that sit between Royals stadium and Arrowhead. There's a tent, they say there are heaters. It should be a pretty good atmosphere. We could do BOTH our own tailgate and then head over to M for the Ticketsforless tailgate if they end up getting cold.

Are their other Chiefs-run options?

I mean g'damn, we throw up steak and lobster tailgates where we drop $3-$400 bucks for 3 of us on random divisional games and THIS is the one where he bails? Ugh...

Titty Meat 01-18-2019 02:23 PM

You should say what bar so we can decide if its a shitty plan or not

ChiefsCountry 01-18-2019 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14050387)

Ticketsforless has $99 "VIP Tailgate" passes that sit between Royals stadium and Arrowhead. There's a tent, they say there are heaters. It should be a pretty good atmosphere. We could do BOTH our own tailgate and then head over to M for the Ticketsforless tailgate if they end up getting cold.

I mean g'damn, we throw up steak and lobster tailgates where we drop $3-$400 bucks for 3 of us on random divisional games and THIS is the one where he bails? Ugh...

Chiefs and Bud Light have one or used to over at the Pavillion on the south side of Arrowhead. Cheerleaders, some pep guy, buffett, Bud Light, Coke etc.

Fish 01-18-2019 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14050387)

I know there are several.

I believe this is the one I was thinking of: https://www.chiefs.com/stadium/fordtailgatedistrict

Open four hours prior to kickoff each game, the Ford Tailgate District is FREE to enter and offers fun for all ages including:

Drink specials including $5 beer and $3 water
Live entertainment
Tailgating games
Food trucks
Chiefs Cheerleader autographs
Giveaways and more!

Chiefshrink 01-18-2019 02:47 PM

DJ, I take it you felt you weren't at liberty(because of their size of revenue$$ they generate for your co.) to tell them politely, "Hey no problem I can get tickets to the game, but understand if we go we ARE tailgating because this is our tradition here in KC and there is no better place to tailgate than Arrowhead especially when hosting our first AFCCG." Or did you already try that approach?

DJ's left nut 01-18-2019 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 14050471)
DJ, I take it you felt you weren't at liberty(because of their size of revenue$$ they generate for your co.) to tell them politely, "Hey no problem I can get tickets to the game, but understand if we go we ARE tailgating because this is our tradition here in KC and there is no better place to tailgate than Arrowhead especially when hosting our first AFCCG." Or did you already try that approach?

I would have done that, yes.

The managing partner did not. They're good folks but it's just a novel concept for pretty much everyone that isn't a Chiefs fan and he didn't want to lean on them (they're in their early 60s and when the plans were made it was a 0 degree forecast). I don't want to be too hard on them but damn; he and I have been doing this for over a decade and it's just the damndest thing to me that this will be maybe the 4th or 5th game of around 100 that we aren't gonna do a full spread for. We were out there for 4 hours in that hellish ice game against the Titans but now I'm getting "there's no pride in losing fingers" from him. Dafuq?

But **** it - we just rented a limo for 8 hours. We'll have it sitting in the lot waiting for us after the game with a cooler iced down and a television; 10 person car for 6 of us so here's hoping. Definitely not traditional but whatever. In for a penny, in for a pound I guess...

There was no way I was risking sitting in that lot for an hour waiting for a car. Either we'd lose the high from the win or we'd sit there freezing and miserable after a loss. This way we can either hop in a warm car and get to drinking after a momentous occasion or....hop into a warm car and get to drinking after a soul crushing loss.

Imon Yourside 01-18-2019 02:57 PM

Clone yourself and stick them with the clone, attend all your usual ritualistic activities..profit

JoeyChuckles 01-18-2019 03:15 PM

I hear if you order zTrip, you get picked up by zGermans.

Titty Meat 01-18-2019 03:18 PM

Just take them to Buddies seems more your speed

Tonka83 01-18-2019 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14050480)
I would have done that, yes.

The managing partner did not. They're good folks but it's just a novel concept for pretty much everyone that isn't a Chiefs fan and he didn't want to lean on them (they're in their early 60s and when the plans were made it was a 0 degree forecast). I don't want to be too hard on them but damn; he and I have been doing this for over a decade and it's just the damndest thing to me that this will be maybe the 4th or 5th game of around 100 that we aren't gonna do a full spread for. We were out there for 4 hours in that hellish ice game against the Titans but now I'm getting "there's no pride in losing fingers" from him. Dafuq?

But **** it - we just rented a limo for 8 hours. We'll have it sitting in the lot waiting for us after the game with a cooler iced down and a television; 10 person car for 6 of us so here's hoping. Definitely not traditional but whatever. In for a penny, in for a pound I guess...

There was no way I was risking sitting in that lot for an hour waiting for a car. Either we'd lose the high from the win or we'd sit there freezing and miserable after a loss. This way we can either hop in a warm car and get to drinking after a momentous occasion or....hop into a warm car and get to drinking after a soul crushing loss.

They at least know they have to stand and scream through a good portion of the game or they are not welcome. Correct?

O.city 01-18-2019 03:44 PM

Can I purchase your non used gold pass? We have 1 but I need one more

DJ's left nut 01-18-2019 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14050615)

Evidently we need it to get the limo in since he has to park and wait for us.

:shrug:

O.city 01-18-2019 06:02 PM

Well hell

Titty Meat 01-18-2019 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14050615)

You hittin up the town or what?

Boiled Chicken 01-18-2019 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14050330)

Agreed. If we win, the amount of champagne and sex on the hood of camaros will be of epic proportions

O.city 01-18-2019 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14051182)
You hittin up the town or what?

Staying on the plaza Sunday night. Hopefully a big celebration will be going on

Titty Meat 01-18-2019 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14051235)
Staying on the plaza Sunday night. Hopefully a big celebration will be going on

Prolly not huge on the plaza. PNL will be the spot if they win.

O.city 01-18-2019 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14051250)

Meh

I’m not a pnl fan. Prolly just hang around arrowhewd as long as possible if they win then head back to the plaza. Maybe Westport will be open!

KS Smitty 01-18-2019 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14051250)

I imagine the the whole metro area will be partying everywhere.

Titty Meat 01-18-2019 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14051270)
Meh

I’m not a pnl fan. Prolly just hang around arrowhewd as long as possible if they win then head back to the plaza. Maybe Westport will be open!

Ya it will Gambals could be fun. Unfortunately alot of places closed recently lots of new shit going in. Kaws will be crazy but that's a college bar. Throwback will be bumping too but that's a 25 dollar cover. Grand Falloon the plaza might be your best bet.

Titty Meat 01-18-2019 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KS Smitty (Post 14051333)
I imagine the the whole metro area will be partying everywhere.

They will dont get me wrong but different places are more crazy. For example I was in Westport when the Royals won it all and it was alot of fun but I went to PNL after awhile and it was NUTS it holds way more people. Everyones vibe is different though and I respect that. I'm thinking about getting a table with bottle service somewhere if we make it to the super bowl and inviting this whole site. We shall see first things first New England.

Titty Meat 01-18-2019 09:23 PM

Sorry to hijack your thread DJ

O.city 01-18-2019 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14051338)
Ya it will Gambals could be fun. Unfortunately alot of places closed recently lots of new shit going in. Kaws will be crazy but that's a college bar. Throwback will be bumping too but that's a 25 dollar cover. Grand Falloon the plaza might be your best bet.

We may look to see if Kelly’s is open that was always my go to

Likely stay at fooleries as it’s a walk from the hote

Titty Meat 01-18-2019 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14051450)
We may look to see if Kelly’s is open that was always my go to

Likely stay at fooleries as it’s a walk from the hote

Yes Kelly's will be open! Fooleries is gone bro.

O.city 01-18-2019 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14051451)
Yes Kelly's will be open! Fooleries is gone bro.

On the plaza? Damn. Is that recent?

Titty Meat 01-18-2019 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14051453)
On the plaza? Damn. Is that recent?

They closed end of December. I think they are moving downtown. They are trying to tear that whole strip down to make it condos.

O.city 01-18-2019 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14051461)
They closed end of December. I think they are moving downtown. They are trying to tear that whole strip down to make it condos.

Damn that sucks