ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Eric Berry Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319561)

dlphg9 12-13-2018 10:42 PM

Eric Berry Thread

Seriously **** him. He can't play when it really matters? Can't come in for the last drive of the game, because he tore his pussy? What was the point in him playing at all? He didn't look tired and didn't look hurt, so why couldn't he play for 10 more plays? He could have probably helped a lot on that final drive. Worthless ****

ToxSocks 12-13-2018 10:52 PM

Hard not to be mad right now. This shit sucks for sure. The lack of Berry was deflating. No doubt.

Iconic 12-13-2018 10:53 PM

He balled the **** out while he was in. I don't know what else you want from a guy who's playing his first game in two years.

TribalElder 12-13-2018 10:53 PM

was he in the whole game?

I didn't see much of him later in the game

Aspengc8 12-13-2018 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 13960075)
was he in the whole game?

I didn't see much of him later in the game

he only played the first half

TribalElder 12-13-2018 10:55 PM

needed him on that last drive

Iconic 12-13-2018 10:59 PM

I mean we don't really know why he wasn't in on the last drive. It was either Sutton's plan or Berry's heel got ****ed. Either way it's not because of a lack of heart, the dude was murdering shit while he was in.

If he really didn't give a shit he wouldn't have played with the intensity that he did.

jspchief 12-13-2018 10:59 PM

Really? This is on Berry?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

FloridaMan88 12-13-2018 11:00 PM

Until proven otherwise the Chiefs long term strategy to preserve/protect Eric Berry has failed.

Biggest game of the season, a chance to win the division, possibly clinch the #1 seed and Eric Berry is barely available since this is his first game back.

All of the dumbshits who thought the Chiefs could keep saving Berry for the future/later in the season... the future/later in the season was tonight and Berry was basically in preseason form.

TLO 12-13-2018 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13960183)
Until proven otherwise the Chiefs long term strategy to preserve/protect Eric Berry has failed.

Biggest game of the season, a chance to win the division, possibly clinch the #1 seed and Eric Berry is barely available since this is his first game back.

All of the dumbshits who thought the Chiefs could keep saving Berry for the future/later in the season... the future/later in the season was tonight and Berry was basically in preseason form.

LMAO

FloridaMan88 12-13-2018 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 13960205)
LMAO

ROFL A stupid dumbshit.

Rasputin 12-13-2018 11:04 PM

I remember that one play he had. Oh wait that was him coming out of the tunnel.

carcosa 12-13-2018 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 13959968)
Seriously **** him. He can't play when it really matters? Can't come in for the last drive of the game, because he tore his pussy? What was the point in him playing at all? He didn't look tired and didn't look hurt, so why couldn't he play for 10 more plays? He could have probably helped a lot on that final drive. Worthless ****

Shut the **** up, dumbass.

JohnnyHammersticks 12-13-2018 11:05 PM

Not sure if I could run a sub-6 second 40, jump over a low hurdle, or tackle anybody who weighed more than 200 lbs, but even with those qualifications, I'm positive that I could play Safety in the NFL better than Eric Murray.

It seems impossible, but he's getting worse.

Rasputin 12-13-2018 11:05 PM

I didn't expect Berry to play much but was hoping a Bigger impact as a field general.

FloridaMan88 12-13-2018 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 13960170)
Really? This is on Berry?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Maybe if he/the Chiefs didn’t wait until tonight for his first game back he could have played more, been in more game shape, made more of an impact.

ToxSocks 12-13-2018 11:07 PM

Eric Berry was certainly impactful in the 1st half. But not a single snap in the 2nd half.....**** man....that hurts.

wheeler08 12-13-2018 11:13 PM

1st half, Berry in, Chargers 7 points
2nd half, Berry out, Chargers 22 points. Hmmmm

NJChiefsFan 12-13-2018 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13960183)

If you are trying to critique the long term strategy perhaps you should wait until it plays out to say it failed. You can't say something in the future has failed because there is now a chance it won't work. Something hasn't failed if it still literally has a chance to work.

ToxSocks 12-13-2018 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheeler08 (Post 13960380)
1st half, Berry in, Chargers 7 points
2nd half, Berry out, Chargers 22 points. Hmmmm

All that means is that we desperately need a safety.

wheeler08 12-13-2018 11:20 PM

If u have him on a pitch count, what kinda ****ing pitch count is play every snap the first half then just go home?

RUSH 12-13-2018 11:21 PM

If you aren't going to fully use him in a game of this magnitude then what the **** are you saving him for? Just getting into the playoffs and seeing what happens isn't ****ing good enough. This defense isn't ****ing good enough for that. This QB won't be on a rookie deal forever. The time is NOW.

Or be transparent and just tell us what the **** is going on with his foot or what the plan is. All we see is that he played great and moved great in the first half and then doesnt see the field the entire 2nd? It's infuriating.

dlphg9 12-13-2018 11:22 PM

He wasn't gassed and wasn't limping. Yeah he played good when he was in there. They need to put him on IR if he can only play a handful of plays this game what makes anyone think he can play anymore in any other hames. He wasn't gassed and even if he was he had plenty of time to get rested and come out that last drive. I'm convinced he won't play over a half in a game.

ToxSocks 12-13-2018 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheeler08 (Post 13960460)
If u have him on a pitch count, what kinda ****ing pitch count is play every snap the first half then just go home?

Eric Berry is still ****ing broken, dude.

That wasnt a pitch count. That was a player that couldnt go in the 2nd half.

That's the Toradol wearing off. That's an injury too painful to play on. That's a broken Eric Berry.

Man went out there and played with heart, but dude just might be broken.

****ing sucks.

dlphg9 12-13-2018 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheeler08 (Post 13960460)

I'm convinced he's done this year. It makes no sense to just sideline him the whole second half and not have him in on the most important drive. I love Eric Berry, but it's time to be real. He isn't going to play a whole game this year.

ToxSocks 12-13-2018 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13960477)

That's the Toradol wearing off. That's an injury too painful to play on. That's a broken Eric Berry.

****ing sucks.

Worst part about tonight. Worse than the loss.

Sure-Oz 12-13-2018 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13960477)

****ing sucks.

Sure feels like it

threebag 12-13-2018 11:31 PM

So how do we score this?

Haglunds 15.5

Berry 0.5

Don’t get me wrong I loved seeing him out there wish it was just more often

srvy 12-13-2018 11:37 PM

Head Coach says otherwise it was there plan and he reached his play count. They were supposed to interview Berry but I didnt see it.

Bugeater 12-13-2018 11:39 PM

The writing has been on the wall the entire season. Many simply refused to read it.

Iconic 12-13-2018 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13960625)
Head Coach says otherwise it was there plan and he reached his play count. They were supposed to interview Berry but I didnt see it.

/thread

oldman 12-13-2018 11:45 PM

Clearly the D was better with Berry in. When he hit someone, the runner was down, something that seems very few of our D can claim. I hope the pitch count claim is true, but I just don't have much faith right now.

dlphg9 12-13-2018 11:45 PM

Quote:

Then they are completely ****ing incompetent and someone needs to be fired. Why use all of his plays up in the 1st half? It should be obvious to anyone with half a brain that he would be more useful at the end of the game.

dlphg9 12-13-2018 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 13960655)
/thread

Yes, they have such a good track record of telling the trurh

New World Order 12-13-2018 11:48 PM

My god he couldn't at least go out there when they crossed midfield? When it was first and goal on the 10?

He could have at least gutted it out for 4 plays, Bob.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-13-2018 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 13960706)
Then they are completely ****ing incompetent and someone needs to be fired. Why use all of his plays up in the 1st half? It should be obvious to anyone with half a brain that he would be more useful at the end of the game.

It might not be an injury you can warm up and cool down multiple times. Sometimes you just have to be a rabbit.

TwistedChief 12-13-2018 11:51 PM

Quote:

The entire second half Berry was on the sidelines itching to go in.

I completely believe he was on a pitch count that he reached in the first half in some capacity, but I also think it's ****ing ridiculous and poorly planned if so.

Jerm 12-13-2018 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 13960752)
The entire second half Berry was on the sidelines itching to go in.

I completely believe he was on a pitch count that he reached in the first half in some capacity, but I also think it's ****ing ridiculous and poorly planned if so.

He basically said so much in his post game interview....

**** a "pitch count"...if he can go you put him in. This game was too damn important.

BWillie 12-13-2018 11:57 PM

We have the worst safeties known to man if Berry isnt in. They are always late. In the wrong position. Blow coverage. Its really been something else. Nelson, Scandrick, and Fuller have been the second best part of our defensive unit. They let us down on the last drive but they are not the defenses issue. FS, SS and LB is our issue - and its not even close. Having Berry in this game at 70% even made this look like a slightly above avg defense.

Draft two safeties with 2 of 3 top pics. Im not joking.

I didnt see the sideline - but I would imagine any competitor would be in the coaches ear on the last drive to ask to be put into thr game. I wonder if he made that request.

Flying High D 12-13-2018 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 13960706)

The team is averaging 10 less points a game since Kareem was released. All hands on deck for the defense in the 2nd half would seem to be more advantageous.

Mecca 12-13-2018 11:58 PM

You mean they couldn't have upped his pitch count 10 plays when they realized they had to stop a final drive to win?

Seems pretty stupid.

Reerun_KC 12-14-2018 12:00 AM

BDB really let me down tonight. The CP hype was as empty as his play.

ping2000 12-14-2018 12:00 AM

Old used up man with ****ed up heel is the best we have at safety. Nice work front office!

Reerun_KC 12-14-2018 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13960789)
You mean they couldn't have upped his pitch count 10 plays when they realized they had to stop a final drive to win?

Seems pretty stupid.

Your doubting fat Andy?

GoHuge 12-14-2018 12:06 AM

on a positive note Natalie Portman was just on with Seth Meyers. I would gladly watch 10 games that ended like tonight to lick her pussy....just saying!

BWillie 12-14-2018 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoHuge (Post 13960812)
on a positive note Natalie Portman was just on with Seth Meyers. I would gladly watch 10 games that ended like tonight to lick her pussy....just saying!

Too old. She didnt look that good in her last movie Annihilation

Mecca 12-14-2018 12:12 AM

I'm really not happy with Brett Veach when I think about it, a ****ing drooling reerun could look at that secondary and know it's complete asshole and he drafts front 7 backups that still get run on...

At this point I can't say I'm confident he can fix shit because he made this point about run D and this run D is ****ing terrible and the secondary is laughably bad.

The Franchise 12-14-2018 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13960822)
I'm really not happy with Brett Veach when I think about it, a ****ing drooling reerun could look at that secondary and know it's complete asshole and he drafts front 7 backups that still get run on...

At this point I can't say I'm confident he can fix shit because he made this point about run D and this run D is ****ing terrible and the secondary is laughably bad.

I’m almost to that point.

Mecca 12-14-2018 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13960827)
I’m almost to that point.

2 of the 4 guys were cut or not wanted during preseason...think about that.

We have 2 guys starting that were cut from teams not going to the playoffs.

New World Order 12-14-2018 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13960822)

yep

Run d was supposedly the one thing that was supposed to be fixed

It's even worse than last year.

FloridaMan88 12-14-2018 12:18 AM

Veach’s two veteran CB acquisitions... Fuller and Scandrick on full display on that 2 point play.

And to think that Veach had to sign Scandrick off the trash heap only after his previous CB acquisition, David Amerson flamed out in the preseason.

HemiEd 12-14-2018 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13960230)
I remember that one play he had. Oh wait that was him coming out of the tunnel.

He was blitzing on the very first play and was the reason Rivers threw the interception.

BossChief 12-14-2018 12:21 AM

They said before and after the game that Berry is on a pitch count.

BWillie 12-14-2018 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13960842)
Veach’s two veteran CB acquisitions... Fuller and Scandrick on full display on that 2 point play.

And to think that Veach had to sign Scandrick off the trash heap only after his previous CB acquisition, David Amerson flamed out in the preseason.

One play doesn't make them or break them. They've both been a bright spot this year for us. I don't think Scandrick has much left in the tank but I cant fathom how much worse this defense would be with Phil Gaines instead of Scandrick.

dlphg9 12-14-2018 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 13960727)
It might not be an injury you can warm up and cool down multiple times. Sometimes you just have to be a rabbit.

Then why is he playing? If that's the case he's never going to play in the 2nd half. I just don't understand why he is even playing if he can't play over half a game. His heel isn't going to get better than what it is now, so if he has to limit the amount of plays he is in now then he's going to have to do that in every game. Now I could understand him being on a play count if it had to do with him getting too tired because he isn't in good shape, but that isn't what is happening.

It doesnt matter if Eric Berry is out there in the 1st half and prevents them from scoring, because come the 2nd half whoever is replacing him is absolute garbage, so the other team will score on us. We are letting bad teams stay in games because once we get a 2 possession lead we go conservative on offense and go conservative on defense too. That leads to the other team having long time consuming drives that result in TDs and make it a 1 possession game. It's the way to beat us, limit our possessions and burn clock. Luckily we have Mahomes because he has been pretty ****ing clutch and gets the lead back up to 2 possessions or becomes a magician and leads us back to victory. But it makes us have to be completely perfect on offense because Mahomes can't block for himself or catch his passes and if we have any mistakes it allows teams to take the lead or win like tonight. Berry needs to play in the second half so that,we have a chance to get our D off the field and get our O on the field so we can score more points.

kjwood75nro 12-14-2018 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoHuge (Post 13960812)

That fish needs a lotta ice at that age.

Just sayin'.

Ron Swanson 12-14-2018 12:37 AM

**** Berry if he didn't demand to be on the field at the end of the game if he was physically able to play.

Hammock Parties 12-14-2018 12:43 AM

He looked kinda slow to me.

I'm not sure he'll ever be the same. Like...he might just be average.

JakeF 12-14-2018 01:09 AM

If Berry was on a pitch count then why did they save him more early so that he could play in crunch time?

lcarus 12-14-2018 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 13960977)
If Berry was on a pitch count then why did they save him more early so that he could play in crunch time?

This team really likes Eric Murray for some stupid reason. I guess they enjoy watching him get juked out of his jock strap by old fat Antonio Gates. Hell where has Jordan Lucas been? He's looked better than Murray, Parker, and Sorensen. Not that that's saying much....

RickObie 12-14-2018 01:27 AM

Gates looks like he weighs 300 pounds and moves like he’s 60 and still ate us up tonight - that was embarrassing.

Hammock Parties 12-14-2018 01:32 AM

How much Toradol can you take?

Chiefs Pantalones 12-14-2018 01:35 AM

That 2 point conversion was embarrassing. Imagine if we had a player that could help with communication and get everyone lined up and but he was on a snap count for a pain tolerance injury.

lcarus 12-14-2018 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 13961026)
That 2 point conversion was embarrassing. Imagine if we had a player that could help with communication and get everyone lined up and but he was on a snap count for a pain tolerance injury.

Mike Williams destroyed us all game long and on the game deciding play there isn't anyone within 10 yards of him. How the **** does that happen?

JakeF 12-14-2018 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 13961026)

Imagine that you were the dumb ****er that played this guy so much in the 1st half that you couldn't bring him out in overtime to help save your ass?

Flying High D 12-14-2018 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 13961028)
Mike Williams destroyed us all game long and on the game deciding play there isn't anyone within 10 yards of him. How the **** does that happen?

Because Chiefs

Sannyasi 12-14-2018 01:44 AM

What a bunch of emotional bitches.

Chiefs Pantalones 12-14-2018 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 13961028)

Insane.

I now I probably sound like an insensitive prick, but man, why are you not out there with the game on the line at least?

I’m pissed and not in my best state but...

PHILIP ****ING RIVERS ONCE PLAYED WITH A TORN ACL!!! AND YOU ARE ON A SNAP COUNT FOR PAIN TOLERANCE?!?!?!? Only the Chiefs.

dlphg9 12-14-2018 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13961018)
How much Toradol can you take?

With the amount of pain he has I hope he got something better than beefed up ibuprofen.

Sure-Oz 12-14-2018 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13960781)
We have the worst safeties known to man if Berry isnt in. They are always late. In the wrong position. Blow coverage. Its really been something else. Nelson, Scandrick, and Fuller have been the second best part of our defensive unit. They let us down on the last drive but they are not the defenses issue. FS, SS and LB is our issue - and its not even close. Having Berry in this game at 70% even made this look like a slightly above avg defense.

Draft two safeties with 2 of 3 top pics. Im not joking.

I didnt see the sideline - but I would imagine any competitor would be in the coaches ear on the last drive to ask to be put into thr game. I wonder if he made that request.

The whole secondary is full of slot corners basically and dogshit safety's. Wish he came in...and they better draft all corners damnit

Reerun_KC 12-14-2018 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickObie (Post 13961009)
Gates looks like he weighs 300 pounds and moves like he’s 60 and still ate us up tonight - that was embarrassing.

So much truth.

Hidden in all this was watching that fat **** wreck our defense.

Why Not? 12-14-2018 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 13961184)
So much truth.

Hidden in all this was watching that fat **** wreck our defense.

Which one? Gates or Andy Reid?

Reerun_KC 12-14-2018 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 13961191)
Which one? Gates or Andy Reid?

ROFL. I’m sticking with Gates on this rant.

Aspengc8 12-14-2018 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13960912)
He looked kinda slow to me.

I'm not sure he'll ever be the same. Like...he might just be average.

Average or not, he made a ton of plays in the first half and adjusted (most likely fixed) the secondary quite a few times. Made a bunch of solid tackles in the box on running downs as well.

OnTheWarpath15 12-14-2018 07:08 AM

Quote:

No shit.

I texted a friend last night wondering why we couldn't cover a guy that runs a 7.4 40 yard dash.

Ribbs67 12-14-2018 07:16 AM

If EB is our closer, why was he pitching in the first 4 innings? Why not save him for when we really needed him? Isn't that what we have been doing all along? Isn't that why he hasn't played till this game? He should have played the second half and not the first. Total mismanagment of personnel. EB should have been screaming to be put in in the last drive..sick and tired of seeing him on the sidelines!If he was too sore to gut it out in the last series...that only proves my first point! WTF! I feel like I'm bipolar watching this freaking team...not to mention terrets syndrome...

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-14-2018 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ribbs67 (Post 13961325)
If EB is our closer, why was he pitching in the first 4 innings? Why not save him for when we really needed him? Isn't that what we have been doing all along? Isn't that why he hasn't played till this game? He should have played the second half and not the first. Total mismanagment of personnel. EB should have been screaming to be put in in the last drive..sick and tired of seeing him on the sidelines!If he was too sore to gut it out in the last series...that only proves my first point! WTF! I feel like I'm bipolar watching this freaking team...not to mention terrets syndrome...

Berry was on a pitch count not sure how hard this is for people.

KCUnited 12-14-2018 07:19 AM

Quote:

Feels like we lost to Bartolo Colon.

ping2000 12-14-2018 07:23 AM

Read on ESPN that he said he could have played last week, but just didn't feel it. Wasn't injured last night but said he and Andy planned this. Wasn't injured but didn't change his plan and come in at the end when we needed him. Wow.

Ribbs67 12-14-2018 07:24 AM

Dude was a BALLER the first half, and you could totally tell the Defense responded to him being out there.. totally different defense in the second half. Also..why isn't any NFL talking heads screaming for Grandpa Sutton's head? I never hear anyone of them say they need to do something. They just always say our defense is suspect? Really? How many leads do we have to blow? How many points do we have to put up.. only to give it all back and then some? I feel as soon as they start putting it out there, then shit gets done.