ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Led Zeppelin (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=319402)

Boon 12-08-2018 12:57 AM

Led Zeppelin

I like Led Zeppelin......that is all

Rivaldo 12-08-2018 02:15 AM

woot woot. me too

The Song Remains the Same concert video is Goat

patteeu 12-08-2018 01:47 PM

I think “When The Levee Breaks” is my favorite LZ song. Today anyway.

eDave 12-08-2018 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 13943105)

That's The Way.

Baby Lee 12-08-2018 01:55 PM

No Quarter, . . no question.

Easy 6 12-08-2018 02:08 PM

I love just about anything they ever did, but this one always takes me away to a different time and place in my life... summers as a teenager at the lake with friends or some girl, drinking beers and getting baked

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-cfc3rCQOuU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nzoner 12-08-2018 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13943120)
I love just about anything they ever did, but this one always takes me away to a different time and place in my life... summers as a teenager at the lake with friends or some girl, drinking beers and getting baked

Practically spot on what I'd say as well although most all of their music takes me back to a lot of great memories of girls,lakes and getting baked.

I'm also a fan of long songs and this one always did it for me.Love Bonzo's drumming in it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1t4KLOm7pO0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

eDave 12-08-2018 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 13943132)
Practically spot on what I'd say as well although most all of their music takes me back to a lot of great memories of girls,lakes and getting baked.

I'm also a fan of long songs and this one always did it for me.Love Bonzo's drumming in it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1t4KLOm7pO0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jimmy's favorite solo. I remember buying this cassette at Metro North. RAN to my car and blasted it right there in the parking lot by the theater.

Demonpenz 12-08-2018 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 13943105)

I don't think they even have levee's in england

Demonpenz 12-08-2018 02:41 PM

I never liked fool in the rain until I learned drums and then it becomes fun.

Easy 6 12-08-2018 02:59 PM

Quote:

:rockon:

patteeu 12-08-2018 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 13943161)

Did they all break?

threebag 12-08-2018 04:50 PM

love to get the Led out

So many great songs.

Pablo 12-08-2018 04:56 PM

I remember many a day spent in my youth with my dad's headphones on, listening to Houses of the Holy on his stereo...

Boon 12-08-2018 05:00 PM

Been into this song lately. Love the start/stop beat.

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=_U...MVM_U6t-EAUcUY

banecat 12-08-2018 05:32 PM

Their shit's so good that even below average bands can sound really good if they cover their material, or if they even just sample it. The only exceptions were when Puffy Daddy tried to rap over Kashmir and maybe when Hootie tried to cover Hey, hey, what can I do?

Demonpenz 12-08-2018 07:30 PM

Hootie and the Blowfish are going to make billions on their new album.

Rivaldo 12-08-2018 07:30 PM

oh yeah?

threebag 12-08-2018 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 13943603)

Wtf? They suck

alpha_omega 12-08-2018 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 13943603)

Are they covering any Zep tunes?

threebag 12-08-2018 11:14 PM

I hope not

Demonpenz 12-08-2018 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha_omega (Post 13943837)
Are they covering any Zep tunes?

no just saying the hype for their new cd and tour is zany.

scho63 12-09-2018 11:07 AM

My younger brother is a HUGE fan because of me listening to them in our room as a teenager....

He's gone to see Plant and Page many times and also went to Live Aid when the three remaining members united even though it was a horrible performance for many reasons.

Misty Mountain Hop is an underrated song for sure.

Great Expectations 12-11-2018 12:12 PM

Bron-Y-Aur Stomp, Going to California, Over the Hills and Far Away, and about 20 others is my personal favorite song. Each time I listen to an album my favorite changes....

Chiefnj2 12-11-2018 01:31 PM

Their new stuff is good

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zXdM1rqSlSQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nzoner 12-12-2018 09:41 AM

Love this song cranked up from Plant's solo project a few years ago

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hwfDX3lybu8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

eDave 12-12-2018 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 13952140)
Their new stuff is good

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zXdM1rqSlSQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Real Zeppelin fans don't give these posers a second look.

siberian khatru 12-12-2018 06:23 PM

Quote:

One of my favs too.

I think Ten Years Gone is tops for me.

eDave 12-12-2018 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 13954622)
One of my favs too.

I think Ten Years Gone is tops for me.

I remember buying that cassette at Metro North Mall with my sister, going straight to her car, popping it in, and jamming the **** out to Achille's Last Stand. It's a very vivid memory.

Why Not? 12-12-2018 10:52 PM

They’re the GOAT to me.

Great Expectations 12-12-2018 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 13955011)
They’re the GOAT to me.

#Metoo

Randallflagg 12-12-2018 10:58 PM

John Bonham's drum work on "Good Times, Bad Times" (playing a single bass drum - making it sound like a double bass) was some of the best (for that time) that I ever heard. LONG before there were ghost pedals - he literally had the "fastest foot" in R&R

Rivaldo 12-12-2018 11:55 PM

wat about the cat from Def Leppard that still beat his wife with a level of virtuosity post-arm severing?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ePNa-8-_auI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rivaldo 12-12-2018 11:58 PM

You're such a secret. Misty-eyed and shady, lady how you hold the key to his torment.

eDave 12-13-2018 12:24 AM

Go start a Def Leppard thread for that shit. Jackass.

Great Expectations 12-13-2018 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 13955108)
Go start a bs band thread for that shit. Jackass.

It is insulting to the greatest band of all time to name that band in this thread.

Halfcan 12-13-2018 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 13954615)
Real Zeppelin fans don't give these posers a second look.

:rolleyes:

You must not anything about them. They grew up listening to rock music because of their parents. They are all very talented and young. It is great to know the next generation appreciates what came before them. Maybe instead of dismissing them as copycats, support them because they are now carrying the Rock and Roll torch. Their new stuff is very innovative and I am looking forward to seeing them live. Led Zeppelin's influence is still going strong and that is a testament to how great they truly are. BTW- since Zep "borrowed heavily" in their early days from Blues artist - it is kind of hypocritical to slam a new band that Loves Zeppelin and let that influence their music.

Give GVF a real listen without a critical ear to their influences- they rock.

Rivaldo 12-13-2018 07:57 PM

Quote:

I knew better lol Just remember hearing that on Johnny Dare

Al Czervik 12-21-2018 12:56 AM

The Best....discussion over....

Kasmir
How many more times
Tangerine

On and on.....

rabblerouser 12-21-2018 01:04 AM

Never heard of her before. Sounds like Greta Van Fleet...

Boon 12-21-2018 01:11 PM

Quote:

Thanks.

Donger 12-21-2018 02:03 PM

I hate his voice. Sounds like a strangled cat. But I love the music.

alpha_omega 12-21-2018 02:21 PM

Jason Bonham: Robert Plant Says He Loved John Bonham 'Way Too Much' to Ever Fully Reunite Led Zeppelin Without Him

Robert Plant has taken some lumps for being the impediment to a Led Zeppelin reunion since the group's 2007 performance at the Ahmet Ertegun Tribute Concert in London.

There's been plenty of speculation about the reasons for Plant's reticence, but Jason Bonham -- the son of the late Zep drummer John Bonham, who filled in for his father at Zep's 1988 and 2007 regroupings -- says that "Robert's true reason is a lot deeper," but also more clear-cut, than many realize.

Bonham tells Billboard that he, like others, was buoyed by reports that the 2007 show, preserved on the subsequent Celebration Day album and video, would be a springboard to put Zep into full flight again. "We did six weeks' rehearsal for one show, so I was thinking we must be doing more," Bonham notes. But after joining Plant for a soccer game in England, the drummer found out that would not be the case.

"On the way back I said [to Plant], 'I’ve got to ask you... are we gonna get the band back together?'" Bonham recalls. "And he said, 'I loved your dad way too much. It's not disrespect to you; You know the stuff better than all of us, and no one else who is alive can play it like you. But it's not the same. I can't go out there and fake it. I can't be a jukebox. I can't go out there and try to do it that way." Bonham adds that Plant also felt strongly about Zep's declaration shortly after his father's 1980 death that the band was indeed over.

"He told me, 'When your father left us, left the world, that was it for Led Zeppelin. We couldn't do what The Who did. It was too vital.'

"And I got it," Bonham continues. "I was absolutely fine with that. My dad and Robert, they'd known each other since they were, like, 15. It was a lot deeper for [Plant]. So I was OK with it. It was a great time, and to end it the way it did, with that great concert, was for the best. [Plant] said, 'We needed to do one more great concert, and then maybe put it to rest.'"

Led Zeppelin's legacy, of course, has continued with various reissues, including a 2017 catalog overhaul curated by guitarist Jimmy Page. Page, Plant and bassist-keyboardist John Paul Jones also began the celebration of the group's 50th anniversary this year with the publication of the book Led Zeppelin by Led Zeppelin.

Jason Bonham, meanwhile, has been carrying the torch for Zep and his father with a tribute live show that he started during 2009 as Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience. He changed the name to Led Zeppelin Evening this year after, the other band members said they wanted to use the Experience name for an upcoming project involving the archive of Zep live recordings.

"I got a letter from their attorney, who happens to be my attorney as well," Bonham says. "As I read the first few lines I felt very upset. It was my wife who saved me from getting into a rage; I was about to group-dial Jimmy, John Paul and Robert and go 'What the hell...!' but she said 'Read the rest.' And I saw it wasn't personal. They wanted to free up the terminology. It was my wife who said, 'Why don't you call it 'Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Evening' -- that way I could keep the logo the same. I said, 'You're a genius! That's why I've been with you 30 years!'"

Bonham -- whs also plays in the all-star Black Country Communion and in Sammy Hagar's band The Circle -- took his Led Zeppelin Evening on the road with Foreigner and Whitesnake during the summer, and played his own shows in the fall. And he's hatching plans for his own Zep golden anniversary celebration during 2019.

"Next year I feel is an even bigger year because [1969] was the first two albums, the first concerts, all of that," Bonham explains. "So I've got a few more plans with how I'd like to do things. I'd love to play the Royal Albert Hall and do the set they played back in '69. That would be something I'd love to achieve.

"And all of this, I think, will continue as the years go on, because each year coming up will be 50 years since Led Zeppelin III, whatever. I can imagine the celebrating of Led Zeppelin IV will be a big one. I just can't believe it was that long ago, and it still sounds so good and so timeless. People still love to hear this [music], and I'm happy to be able to go out and play it for them with some authenticity and a real connection to it all."

https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...eppelin-reunio

Rivaldo 12-21-2018 06:25 PM

and by implication, the others loved him less.

But, I'm glad they aren't doing the geriatric circuit. Bands never or very rarely recapture their prime/ the inspiration of youth!

<iframe width="940" height="540" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/If2Bli0rZcA?start=239&" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This Beato guy has a great channel fyi

GayFrogs 12-21-2018 06:52 PM

I always thought it was weird that one of their best songs was never on an album

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sIeOQOWByQ8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

threebag 12-21-2018 07:18 PM

Why does the guy that started a Led Zep thread have red Rep?

Easy 6 12-21-2018 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 13955750)
:rolleyes:

You must not anything about them. They grew up listening to rock music because of their parents. They are all very talented and young. It is great to know the next generation appreciates what came before them. Maybe instead of dismissing them as copycats, support them because they are now carrying the Rock and Roll torch. Their new stuff is very innovative and I am looking forward to seeing them live. Led Zeppelin's influence is still going strong and that is a testament to how great they truly are. BTW- since Zep "borrowed heavily" in their early days from Blues artist - it is kind of hypocritical to slam a new band that Loves Zeppelin and let that influence their music.

Give GVF a real listen without a critical ear to their influences- they rock.

You make a good point about Zep borrowing all kinds of stuff from other artists, which brings me to another thing...

Just a couple months ago I read an interview with Plant where he pretty well dismissed GVF as copycat phonies, it really left me with a bad impression of him... but then again Plant has always been a prickly mother****er

Back in the 80s he used to call David Coverdale of Whitesnake "David Coverversion" because of his similarity to Plant... loves me some Zep, but Plant has always been a prick

He stole plenty of from other bands, most famously Stairway to Heaven

Boon 12-21-2018 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 13975665)
Why does the guy that started a Led Zep thread have red Rep?

Because dane.

Nzoner 12-21-2018 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13975707)
You make a good point about Zep borrowing all kinds of stuff from other artists, which brings me to another thing...

Just a couple months ago I read an interview with Plant where he pretty well dismissed GVF as copycat phonies, it really left me with a bad impression of him... but then again Plant has always been a prickly mother****er

Back in the 80s he used to call David Coverdale of Whitesnake "David Coverversion" because of his similarity to Plant... loves me some Zep, but Plant has always been a prick

Possibly another interview but I didn't take that from this,yeah it's a little tongue n cheek but I personally saw no ill will.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ePIAaQwYMaM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Easy 6 12-21-2018 11:09 PM

Sweet short clip Nzoner, he was a bit more forgiving and complimentary than what I recall reading there... its nice to see him valuing a torch bearer

Whatever his feelings are, bet you I'll be seeing GVF in concert this summer

BigRedChief 12-21-2018 11:37 PM

Kennedy center honors Led Zepplin

https://youtu.be/L3hvvqzna6E

rabblerouser 12-22-2018 05:47 PM

Just a bunch of Greta Van Fleet wannabes.

Have you heard Train cover Led Zeppelin II in its entirety?!

rabblerouser 12-22-2018 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 13943161)

Shocker, it's an old (American) blues song, Memphis Minnie, iirc, that Zep, ahem, "appropriated."

Coochie liquor 12-23-2018 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idrapethat (Post 13975622)
I always thought it was weird that one of their best songs was never on an album

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sIeOQOWByQ8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Def top 5 and close to number 1 for me. Rocked this one so many times throughout my life. My dad (who just passed Tuesday, RIP) is who got me into rock music, and Zep was one of his faves. Listened to every one of his albums so many times. Here’s another of my faves. Heard is named to sound like a Jamaican says Jamaica.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xje-1sw3T0s" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

alpha_omega 12-23-2018 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 13978843)
Def top 5 and close to number 1 for me. Rocked this one so many times throughout my life. My dad (who just passed Tuesday, RIP) is who got me into rock music, and Zep was one of his faves. Listened to every one of his albums so many times. Here’s another of my faves. Heard is named to sound like a Jamaican says Jamaica......

RIP Cl Sr.

eDave 12-24-2018 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13976604)
Shocker, it's an old (American) blues song, Memphis Minnie, iirc, that Zep, ahem, "appropriated."

BFD. Seriously.

Halfcan 12-24-2018 04:32 PM

Quote:

The GVF kids love Zeppelin, they have played their songs and acknowledge they are a Huge influence on their music. Their guitarist states Jimmy Page was the model for his own style. I don't think they are trying to hide it or ride the coattails of Zep-like a band called Kingdom Come- who purposely put music out that copycatted LZ at a time when rumors were flying around about a reunion. Jason Bonham has made a career on Zep as well.

To me, it is not the same. They are not directly stealing Zep riffs ( as Zep did when they started) and only on Safari Song- does his wail at the start- really sound just like Plant. Others songs I think he sounds pretty distinctive.

GVF has a monster sound on drums- but come on, there was only 1 John Bonham. Nobody will ever steal his thunder. Plant as well- he is the Original Rock God and he should be flattered his influence is keeping the torch of rock alive.

The hate on Social Media is kind of ridiculous- Zep has been gone a long time and they don't own a patent on rock and roll. Plant would be wise to give these kids (and that is what they are) his blessing, to keep being creative and take music Rock/ Blues into a new direction.

Easy 6 12-24-2018 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 13986091)
The GVF kids love Zeppelin, they have played their songs and acknowledge they are a Huge influence on their music. Their guitarist states Jimmy Page was the model for his own style. I don't think they are trying to hide it or ride the coattails of Zep-like a band called Kingdom Come- who purposely put music out that copycatted LZ at a time when rumors were flying around about a reunion. Jason Bonham has made a career on Zep as well.

To me, it is not the same. They are not directly stealing Zep riffs ( as Zep did when they started) and only on Safari Song- does his wail at the start- really sound just like Plant. Others songs I think he sounds pretty distinctive.

GVF has a monster sound on drums- but come on, there was only 1 John Bonham. Nobody will ever steal his thunder. Plant as well- he is the Original Rock God and he should be flattered his influence is keeping the torch of rock alive.

The hate on Social Media is kind of ridiculous- Zep has been gone a long time and they don't own a patent on rock and roll. Plant would be wise to give these kids (and that is what they are) his blessing, to keep being creative and take music Rock/ Blues into a new direction.

I agree with every bit of this, GVF arent stealing anything... its just a strange confluence of events that the Zep loving brothers found a singer who just happens to sound a lot like Plant

They're awesome in my book

The similarities are organic, not premeditated... I'll be going to great lengths to see GVF this summer, cant wait

Boon 12-27-2018 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idrapethat (Post 13975622)

Agree. Great song.
Wish there was vault of unheard of stuff but Page always states that is all out there.
Great band and great songs.

Nzoner 12-28-2018 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 13978843)
Def top 5 and close to number 1 for me. Rocked this one so many times throughout my life. My dad (who just passed Tuesday, RIP) is who got me into rock music, and Zep was one of his faves.

Sorry for your loss

GloucesterChief 12-28-2018 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 13986091)

It is just a little too on the nose for me personally.

Halfcan 05-17-2019 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13986178)
I agree with every bit of this, GVF arent stealing anything... its just a strange confluence of events that the Zep loving brothers found a singer who just happens to sound a lot like Plant

They're awesome in my book

The similarities are organic, not premeditated... I'll be going to great lengths to see GVF this summer, cant wait

GVF coming to Starlight this summer- got my tickets today.

Their new record is pretty awesome. Should put all the Zep stuff to bed. These kids rock.

GayFrogs 05-18-2019 06:19 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4dT2YWMqw5A" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The echo is awesome. Plus bonham yelling whenever he plays a fill

Megatron96 05-18-2019 07:19 PM

Been a fan since I was 12, about 40 years ago. At one time or another I thought each and every Zep song was my favorite. Or that Zeppelin III was my favorite, then years later it was HoH, or whatever.

Right now I'm back to the 'primitive' phase, really enjoying bits like, "Babe, I'm gonna Leave You," and "You Shook Me," etc.

What's interesting to me is how younger people react to hearing Zep for the first time now. My brother's kids, my other 7 god children, friends' children, etc. all are now 'discovering' Zeppelin and the looks on their faces when they finally understand that bands are supposed to play real instruments, that vocals are about more than just rhyming or a beat, is incredible to see.

rabblerouser 05-18-2019 07:22 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vULgqDEDbiY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rabblerouser 05-18-2019 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivaldo (Post 13975599)

This Beato guy has a great channel fyi

LOVE his "what makes this song great" series

GayFrogs 05-18-2019 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14274801)
LOVE his "what makes this song great" series

Same here, although many of those songs aren't great. Episode 1 is a blink 182 song :hmmm:

rabblerouser 05-18-2019 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idrapethat (Post 14274918)
Same here, although many of those songs aren't great. Episode 1 is a blink 182 song :hmmm:

Yeah I did not watch that one.

GayFrogs 05-18-2019 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14274800)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vULgqDEDbiY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sweet

Also weird to hear a totally different heartbreaker solo (even if it ends super awkwardly)

rabblerouser 05-18-2019 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13943112)
No Quarter, . . no question.

There's a Zeppelin bootleg called "Destroyer" recorded in Cleveland on the 1977 tour, the "No Quarter" is super long and during John Paul Jones' solo, he goes into this baroque-influenced neo classical piano solo that has to be heard to be believed.

rabblerouser 05-18-2019 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idrapethat (Post 14274927)
Sweet

Also weird to hear a totally different heartbreaker solo (even if it ends super awkwardly)

That's the original solo from the basic track; Page overdubbed the new solo in its place at a later date - you can heat the guitar in the solo is actually a semi-tone off in tuning from the rest of the song.

DeepPurple 05-19-2019 09:02 AM

Found these guys on youtube, they freeform Kashmir and I think are very good

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9iFJTIi6v4U" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DeepPurple 05-19-2019 09:06 AM

These guys are good, but they actually tell you they are the best, in fact they are a test for greatness

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y3hhX3oqFOQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Imon Yourside 05-23-2019 02:26 AM

Grew up on Zep back in my childhood it was 100% what i listened to. This song has been stuck in my head lately.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/scpqae3P7Dg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nixhex 05-23-2019 09:41 AM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...QlRVRm_iDrlT9u

DeepPurple 05-23-2019 08:08 PM

First time I heard of Zeppelin was around Nov '69. I was driving home one night from work at Woolco receiving depart. It was a xmas job I took while going to JC, it was pouring rain and they played 'Whole Lotta Love'. Even though that is from the second album and I listened to what was a very progression station, WFSO the Big 57 in St. Petersburg, that was my first time hearing them. I remember turning it up loud in my '69 Datusn 510 that I had purchased new a few months earlier.

A couple of weeks later, the manager said the night man called in sick and asked if I would stay all night inside the store. They would lock up about 11pm and I just had to push a dry mop up and down each aisle until someone came in about 6am. After eveyone left, the first thing I thing I did, was to go to the record depart and find an 8 track of the first Led Zeppelin and put it in a stereo and turn it as loud as I could. That played all through the store for about six hours while I pushed a mop around. The next month I joined the Army.

8 Track

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ront_cover.png

Baby Lee 05-23-2019 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14274928)
There's a Zeppelin bootleg called "Destroyer" recorded in Cleveland on the 1977 tour, the "No Quarter" is super long and during John Paul Jones' solo, he goes into this baroque-influenced neo classical piano solo that has to be heard to be believed.

Track times listed on yt desciption [NQ@39:43]

<iframe width="950" height="534" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0bJ27LoRXcI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DeepPurple 05-26-2019 03:08 PM

Quote:

Do you remember if you bought some of your bootlegs from Buccaneer Records? They were in Goldmine Magazine and latter a website between 1992 and 2005.

Nzoner 05-27-2019 07:39 AM

Quote:

I once owned that,lost it in a fire in 1986 :(

KingPriest2 05-28-2019 10:08 AM

Quote:

While I agree with you that Plant can be that way and they did use other bands but your are wrong on Stairway