ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 5 Things While You Wait for George's 10 Things (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318965)

Hoover 11-19-2018 11:13 PM

5 Things While You Wait for George's 10 Things

1. Well, that was a hell of a game. And one that I think will help this team in the playoffs. Thats as close to a playoff environment for Mahomes. In the long run this sort of loss helps - not hurts is. Plus, I took the Chiefs +3.5 and the over on a two pick parlay.

2. Once again the Chiefs high power offense takes teams off their game. They ignored Gurley, even with the lead, the Rams felt the need to score. Wow.

3. I'd like to see this game with LDT, I think our line did well considering who they were facing, but but face it we are thin up front in the middle and it showed. Oh, and Cam Irving is worth what we paid him. I thought he did well vs the best defensive linemen in the NFL.

4. I think we lost this game because we were gassed and didn't have Watkins. Conley played well, but I think a healthy Watkins changes things in a significant way.

5. The Chiefs defense is what it is, but it has never really bothered me. The flags are disturbing, but we have a defense that has gotten stops when they need them, can get after the QB, and get turnovers. Man if Berry does make it back, I love our chances.

mnchiefsguy 11-19-2018 11:18 PM

Agree with all of this except #5. When you have the lead with less than two minutes, you have to be able to get a single stop to put the game away. Rams had no time outs, and they marched right down the field for a TD with no resistance at all.

Defense has shit the bed twice in that situation this year. I said it in the game thread...fire Bob Sutton at the end of last year and this team is 11-0 right now.

Rasputin 11-19-2018 11:19 PM

Coming away with no injuries is a win

Could have played in shitty Mey-hico

OnTheWarpath15 11-19-2018 11:20 PM

If losing two games while scoring a combined 91 points doesn't really bother you...

Why Not? 11-19-2018 11:23 PM

Meh. Played in two "last team with the ball wins" type games. Once when we needed a stop(Pats)and once when our offense could have won us the game. We lost both. I expect this type of game against a Pats or a Steelers. Not good.

Hoover 11-19-2018 11:24 PM

3 picks and two fumbles for TDS helped get to that 54 point total. Let’s not forget to

HolyHandgernade 11-19-2018 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 (Post 13905100)
If losing two games while scoring a combined 91 points doesn't really bother you...

Well, not like it wasn't against two pretty good teams on the road where we only lose by a FG.

Best22 11-19-2018 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 13905115)
Meh. Played in two "last team with the ball wins" type games. Once when we needed a stop(Pats)and once when our offense could have won us the game. We lost both. I expect this type of game against a Pats or a Steelers. Not good.

Good thing neither of those teams have Donald

Hopefully they won’t have HFA either

FloridaMan88 11-19-2018 11:28 PM

Common theme in both losses this season... too many mistakes (turnovers/penalties) for an offense that has absolutely no margin for error against an opposing offense with a pulse thanks to Sutton’s trash defense.

And yes I know Sutton’s defense had the two forced fumbles and one TD, but otherwise it was straight up garbage.

jimidollar 11-19-2018 11:29 PM

Never been a losses help kinda guy, so I disagree.

GoHuge 11-19-2018 11:33 PM

This game was lost by Mahomes. Granted without him we don't have a chance to win it, but penalties (and a home field advantage with officiating) and his 5 turnovers is why we lost. Should have been 51-40 Chiefs, but Pat still has some growing and learning to do.

Naptown Chief 11-19-2018 11:34 PM

Quote:

Our D gave Mahomes ample opportunity to win the game. You don't turn the ball over 5 times and expect to win. Period.

mnchiefsguy 11-19-2018 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwwataz (Post 13905230)
Our D gave Mahomes ample opportunity to win the game. You don't turn the ball over 5 times and expect to win. Period.

Not Period. When you have the lead with less than two minutes left, the defense should be able to get a ****ing stop. Period.

FloridaMan88 11-19-2018 11:37 PM

Tyreek is approaching Bad Dante Hall territory on his decisions on punt returns.

He has to be better aware of situational football, field position, etc.

Why Not? 11-19-2018 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13905135)
Good thing neither of those teams have Donald

Very true

Iowanian 11-19-2018 11:39 PM

his isn't that painful to me. I mean, **** the Rams and **** Marcus peters......but I feel like I did after the pats game. A little d and a few less bullshit flags....

The Chiefs can win the Super Bowl.

I've never been able to say that in my life. Never.

I'm not tall, I'm not rich, I'm not young in body, I've got scars and the pains of life......but I've got a big enough dick and Patrick Mahomes is the quarterback of the Kansas City Chiefs.

My life is alright under those terms.

Iowanian 11-19-2018 11:42 PM

How much money are the Rams spending on the defense than Mahomes just hung a 50 burger on? Scoreinf that many points with the turnovers...and spotting the Rams 14 and end the game within a fg?

I'll take it. Chiefs would have scored 9 points in that game last year.

Defense needs to do some soul searching over this break and someone should slap bob Sutton with a bloated salmon for putting dirty Dan in man coverage on a wr.

Add Watkins, add another starter back to the online and play a little better ball and the Chiefs beat their ass in the rematch.

GoHuge 11-19-2018 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 13905250)
Not Period. When you have the lead with less than two minutes left, the defense should be able to get a ****ing stop. Period.

They got stops and scored a TD. Patrick had 5 turnovers....and gave them 21 points. That was his take on the game anyways in his post game presser. He owned it as he should. We also wouldn't have been in this game with Alex Smith either....so just hope he learns from it. No reason to think he won't. 10 things could have happened in this game we could have done that could have won it, but the 5 turnovers were the biggest factor in the loss.

Naptown Chief 11-19-2018 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 13905250)

They made several stops including two turnovers, 5 sacks, 3 and outs in critical moments. Hard to keep doing that when your offense is turning the ball over 5 times and you're on the field the entire game.

Period.

Naptown Chief 11-19-2018 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwwataz (Post 13905353)
They made several stops including two turnovers, 5 sacks, 3 and outs in critical moments. Hard to keep doing that when your offense is turning the ball over 5 times and you're on the field the entire game.

Period.

Period.

mnchiefsguy 11-19-2018 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoHuge (Post 13905337)
They got stops and scored a TD. Patrick had 5 turnovers....and gave them 21 points. That was his take on the game anyways in his post game presser. He owned it as he should. We also wouldn't have been in this game with Alex Smith either....so just hope he learns from it. No reason to think he won't. 10 things could have happened in this game we could have done that could have won it, but the 5 turnovers were the biggest factor in the loss.

Sure. But at the end of the day....we had a lead with less than two minutes left and Sutton's defense shit the bed.

The fact that Mahomes had 5 turnovers and we were still in position to win this game says something.

Occasionally we need the defense to perform just enough to help the team win.

Twice the season it has failed to spectacularly.

Mahomer 11-19-2018 11:54 PM

Just wish Mahomes would have moved out of the pocket way more. Like that Broncos game. Pressure was relentless and clearly, coverage was too good and forced Mahomes to hold the ball way too long.

Hated Reid's play calling late and how they never went no-huddle at all. Those last 2 drives should have been backyard football.

Cannot believe Hill took the ball out twice especially that last time. Clearly the Coaches never told him anything after the first time he did that. But that second time was a back breaker. Used our only timeout over an 8 yard pass play and were forced to hail mary it shortly after.

Sad.

TinyEvel 11-19-2018 11:55 PM

This felt like a (Chiefs) playoff game. Including the outcome.

Rain Man 11-19-2018 11:59 PM

I mentioned before the game that the score was less important than making a statement. The score went against us*, but I think it's a win overall. The Chiefs soundly defeated a team that's considered one of the best in the league. There's no way they don't walk away with the confidence to win the Super Bowl. They proved tonight that they're the best team in the league.

* - Bad officiating

CoMoChief 11-19-2018 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13905261)
Tyreek is approaching Bad Dante Hall territory on his decisions on punt returns.

He's a HR threat anytime he touches the ball.

He still made it out to the 15. Touchback gets you to the 20. I'd be willing to lose 5yds for a chance that Hill breaks one for a large return or a TD.

Stumplifter 11-20-2018 12:03 AM

How many points did the Rams score while our defense was standing on the sidelines?

Chief Nute 11-20-2018 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 13905456)
He's a HR threat anytime he touches the ball.

He still made it out to the 15. Touchback gets you to the 20. I'd be willing to lose 5yds for a chance that Hill breaks one for a large return or a TD.

But what about all those seconds he wasted. Love the aggression and the belief that he can House it every time he touches the ball......but that one has to let fly into the end zone.

RickObie 11-20-2018 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwwataz (Post 13905353)

Period.

Our defense is going to go down as one of the worst in NFL history - this is the first time a team has scored 50+ and lost - but yeah this was on Mahomes.

Baby Lee 11-20-2018 12:14 AM

Quote:

Does anyone know, has any SB winner ever given up 91 in 2 in their SB season?

RickObie 11-20-2018 12:15 AM

I’m so tired of our fan base saying it isn’t on the D - Sutton has had a hall pass for far to long - we have 2 of the biggest playoff collapses in NFL history and now we just became the first team to score 50 in a game and lose. Really - 50+ and we lost - its on the defense. We’ve lost our minds.

RickObie 11-20-2018 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13905550)
Does anyone know, has any SB winner ever given up 91 in 2 in their SB season?

It’s Mahomes fault

Naptown Chief 11-20-2018 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickObie (Post 13905536)
Our defense is going to go down as one of the worst in NFL history - this is the first time a team has scored 50+ and lost - but yeah this was on Mahomes.

We aren't even the worst ranked defense and we've played one more game than most teams- but yeah

KChiefs1 11-20-2018 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stumplifter (Post 13905484)
How many points did the Rams score while our defense was standing on the sidelines?

21 points I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beef Supreme 11-20-2018 02:35 AM

A few of you guys need to relax. This team left it all on the field and gave us one hell of a game. Mistakes were made. It would have been great if we won. But lighten up, Francis. Enjoy the show. Everybody wants to win, but being a miserable prick isn't going to accomplish anything.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/ba01...itemid=3477451

Nickhead 11-20-2018 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 13905060)
1. Well, that was a hell of a game. And one that I think will help this team in the playoffs. Thats as close to a playoff environment for Mahomes. In the long run this sort of loss helps - not hurts is. Plus, I took the Chiefs +3.5 and the over on a two pick parlay.

2. Once again the Chiefs high power offense takes teams off their game. They ignored Gurley, even with the lead, the Rams felt the need to score. Wow.

3. I'd like to see this game with LDT, I think our line did well considering who they were facing, but but face it we are thin up front in the middle and it showed. Oh, and Cam Irving is worth what we paid him. I thought he did well vs the best defensive linemen in the NFL.

4. I think we lost this game because we were gassed and didn't have Watkins. Conley played well, but I think a healthy Watkins changes things in a significant way.

5. The Chiefs defense is what it is, but it has never really bothered me. The flags are disturbing, but we have a defense that has gotten stops when they need them, can get after the QB, and get turnovers. Man if Berry does make it back, I love our chances.

i think the chiefs should practice during the season at laramie, wyoming :thumb:

TwistedChief 11-20-2018 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 13905261)

He was more emotional in this game than I had ever seen him on the sideline. After the pick 6 where he couldn't tackle the lineman, he was visibly upset on the bench as if it has been his fault. There were a couple other instances that were similar and that's not like him.

I think he fielded the punts because he felt like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders. While I'd normally agree that these decisions were stupid and costly, it's Tyreek Hill. He's a generational player. I can live with it.

InChiefsHeaven 11-20-2018 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickObie (Post 13905561)
I’m so tired of our fan base saying it isn’t on the D - Sutton has had a hall pass for far to long - we have 2 of the biggest playoff collapses in NFL history and now we just became the first team to score 50 in a game and lose. Really - 50+ and we lost - its on the defense. We’ve lost our minds.

Sigh...look. The defense held the Rams to 40 points. Chiefs scored enough to win on offense, but the turnovers were a back breaker. Our defense is definitely a problem, but in a game like that, where there were like 7 lead changes, the offense can't afford the mistakes that Pat made. Seriously, he gives up one less of those turnovers and the Chiefs win.

Defense has a lot of problems, but they did alot of good last night. In a game like that, I don't think you could have asked for much more from this group. Remember, the Rams defense sucked ass as well.

We'll be fine. I don't believe I've ever seen a QB put up those numbers, but in critical ways it was his worst game. I'll take it.

We'll be fine.

DeepSouth 11-20-2018 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 13905060)
Oh, and Cam Irving is worth what we paid him. I thought he did well vs the best defensive linemen in the NFL.

I can agree with all of your review except for this. I watched both fumble plays multiple times. On both sack / fumbles, Donald beat Irving.

tmax63 11-20-2018 07:30 AM

Donald is one of the best DL in the NFL. To get beat twice while giving your QB time to throw for 475 yards isn't too shabby. I hate losing this game but I also expect to see either these guys or the Saints later in the season. Always hated beating a team in the regular season then playing them again in the playoffs cause it's really hard to sweep a team in the same year. Same thought with the Pats. I see PMII learning from this game just like he learned from all the others. He has only started 12 games.

Rasputin 11-20-2018 07:34 AM

We have to overcome refs that allow a TD when it was clearly a false start.

Hoover 11-20-2018 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmax63 (Post 13905935)
Donald is one of the best DL in the NFL. To get beat twice while giving your QB time to throw for 475 yards isn't too shabby. I hate losing this game but I also expect to see either these guys or the Saints later in the season. Always hated beating a team in the regular season then playing them again in the playoffs cause it's really hard to sweep a team in the same year. Same thought with the Pats. I see PMII learning from this game just like he learned from all the others. He has only started 12 games.

Exactly. Nobody is going to be perfect or shut down a guy like Donald.

TEX 11-20-2018 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13905937)

And he held Dee Ford... The false start was very obvious. I thought for certain it was coming back, which is why I didn't get upset when it happened. I actually went to get something to drink, came back and was shocked to see they let the play stand.

Iowanian 11-20-2018 07:55 AM

The officiating sucked and they overlooked a lot of things that affected the game......BUT the Chiefs had 10 chances to win that game.

Offensive gives the. 21 points....scandrick could have redeemed himself by holding that ball, Mahomes could have had a better last drive.

My guess is Erving wishes he hadn't let Donald through on those two sack strips....I'm certain Mahomes will want the bad plays back....I'd wager Scandrcik hates that he got burned and that he dropped the INT....and I wish Sutton didn't still think putting dirty dan in man coverage was a good idea.

It was a Rocky 12 round brawl against clubber Lange...they were gassed

All of those things going wrong, giving up 54 points on the road and they had a legit shot to win with 1 minute left.

I'll take it given how many years I've seen the Chiefs not have an outside shot in games like this.....this wasn't Brodie croyle, or Damon huard or Tyler thigpen or any number of decades of turds we have suffered.

The Chiefs have an in his prime-champion at QB for the first time in my life. I'll take it.

Imon Yourside 11-20-2018 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 13905428)
This felt like a (Chiefs) playoff game. Including the outcome.

Agreed the game really bummed me out, i need a bye week too.

Marcellus 11-20-2018 08:47 AM

Does anyone here think the Rams defense is complete garbage?

Marcellus 11-20-2018 08:49 AM

Irving got owned but we wont play another DL the caliber of Donald unless its in the SB.

Iowanian 11-20-2018 09:09 AM

I'd like to watch the game again. Did Erving get beat or did the 3rd string center miss his block to help? Not saying he did, but there was a lot happening. The Rams Dline is excellent(except for that piece of donkey shit Suh).

Good players make plays and Donald is a beast. It's ok to get beat once in a while.

I still don't understand HOW the Rams fit this roster under their salary cap. They must have sold their soul in a couple of years trying to win now.

scho63 11-20-2018 09:43 AM

There had to be something wrong with Gurley. He wasn't even used as a decoy.

Hoover 11-20-2018 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 13906202)

No. Nothing at all. The Rams knew they couldn't keep up with they committed to running the ball. Again, the Chiefs offense puts a ton of pressure on opposing o's to score.

loochy 11-20-2018 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13906076)
Does anyone here think the Rams defense is complete garbage?

yeah, but ours is even completer :) garbage
Posted via Mobile Device

LoneWolf 11-20-2018 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 13906223)
yeah, but ours is even completer :) garbage
Posted via Mobile Device

Rams defense gave up more points and more yardage.

loochy 11-20-2018 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 13906230)
Rams defense gave up more points and more yardage.

they also held on to picks in crunch time
Posted via Mobile Device

KChiefs1 11-20-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13905937)

True

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iowanian 11-20-2018 10:17 AM

Also....

Hill is a dynamic returner...but he HAS TO STOP fielding punts inside the 5....

scho63 11-20-2018 10:20 AM

Hope GBlowfish is OK.......

siberian khatru 11-20-2018 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 13906313)
Hope GBlowfish is OK.......

That game may have finished him off. Or killed one of his cats, and he's in mourning.

scho63 11-20-2018 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 13906220)
No. Nothing at all. The Rams knew they couldn't keep up with they committed to running the ball. Again, the Chiefs offense puts a ton of pressure on opposing o's to score.

We have been run on at will. When they were up by ten late in the game, why wouldn't they start running Gurley? If he was fresh that would have been a perfect time.

Not sure I agree.......:hmmm:

Nickhead 11-21-2018 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 13906202)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 13906220)

apparently, it was an ankle? :D

Simply Red 11-21-2018 12:19 AM

yeah - remember - we have Morse, Sammy and Berry coming back after the bye, Seth just said he expects Berry to practice after the bye, he's never said this.

rabblerouser 11-21-2018 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 13905089)
fire Bob Sutton at the end of last year and this team is 11-0 right now.

How would firing Bob Sutton prevent the offense from committing 7 combined turnovers in the 2 losses we've had?

Read this. The whole thing.

https://theathletic.com/665712/2018/...f-caliber-foe/

Quote:

The Kansas City Chiefs have a choice which path to head down following their 54-51 loss to the Rams at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum on Monday night.

To the right lies “Same Old, Same Old Boulevard,” where the Chiefs can tell themselves they should take pride in the fact that they took a Super Bowl contender to the wire on the road (the Rams on Monday night) despite wide receiver Sammy Watkins playing sparingly and All-Pro safety Eric Berry (still) unable to play. They can point out that the Rams needed some incredibly fluky plays and perhaps a bit of help from the gentlemen in the striped shirts to win an absolute barn burner of a game.

In fact, the Chiefs would be totally logical in thinking to themselves that the only two teams that have beaten them this year are Super Bowl contenders, both games were on the road, and the opponents had to play their best football to do it. It’s an absolutely true statement, and this 2018 Chiefs squad remains a wildly talented team that no team wants to play in the playoffs.

The left turn is a more difficult one.

It’s at “This Must Stop Avenue.” Down that road lies some starkly brutal truths, the most cruel of which is this: The Chiefs should be undefeated right now, and they have no one to blame but themselves.

The problem isn’t a lack of talent. Almost the opposite: The Chiefs are so talented that they can make multiple mistakes and still win the vast majority of their games. They’re so good that they can lose the turnover battle, 2-0, to New England and still almost walk out a winner. They’re so good that they can turn the ball over five times Monday and take a great Rams team to the absolute limit. And that’s sort of the problem when it comes to forks in the road like this one: When you know you’re already great, it’s tough to acknowledge that you could be greater.

On Monday night against the Rams, much like the Sunday night game in New England earlier in the season, the Chiefs looked like the better team for much of the night. Yet, in both cases, they still lost. And in both cases, mental mistakes, a lack of discipline and self-inflicted errors were the primary culprit.

Perhaps you’ve heard this old expression: They didn’t win, we lost. It sounds like sour grapes, but in the case of the Chiefs’ pair of heartbreaking losses, it holds quite true. That was especially the case Monday evening, when the Chiefs had the opportunity to seize a commanding lead and put the game away multiple times, and fumbled (sometimes literally, sometimes metaphorically) chances away.

A few examples:

After the defense forced a fumble and then a punt on back-to-back possessions in the second quarter, giving the offense a chance to extend a 17-16 lead, star quarterback Patrick Mahomes — yes, it’s OK to use that term for him now — was hit from behind by Rams star defensive tackle Aaron Donald, which resulted in a returned fumble for a touchdown.
The Chiefs started the second half with the ball in a tie game, only to have Donald force another fumble. This time, the Chiefs had the opportunity to recover the ball, but left guard Cam Erving tried to pick it up instead of falling on it and the Rams recovered it. The Chiefs would’ve had 2nd and long but still could have been in field-goal range.
After the Chiefs reclaimed the lead, 44-40, in the fourth quarter, the defense was no match against the Rams’ offense and the lead was lost in six plays.
Cornerback Orlando Scandrick had a chance to seal the game with just more than two minutes left, but this happened.

The Rams were out of timeouts at this point, so had Scandrick merely hung on to the interception, the Chiefs would have been able to bleed almost the entire remaining game clock. Instead, the Rams scored shortly thereafter. Mahomes then threw an interception on a 1st-and-10 play on the Rams’ 49-yard-line when he needlessly tried to rifle the ball despite pressure looming. The resulting throw after his arm was hit landed squarely in the arms of former Chiefs Pro Bowler Marcus Peters.

Those missed opportunities don’t comprise the entirety of the chances the Chiefs didn’t take advantage of, yet they still almost managed to pull a win out of thin air with nothing but pure talent and good coaching.

And make no mistake, the Chiefs are that talented. They feature a murderer’s row of talent on offense and have enough juice in the pass rush defensively to force opponents into turning the ball over. That’s a Super Bowl-winning combination if utilized correctly, and even if the Chiefs continue to shoot themselves in the foot, they still have a great chance at winning multiple playoff games. They’re that good.

Mahomes’ game against the Rams was, in many ways, a microcosm of where the Chiefs currently find themselves. Mahomes made several crucial mistakes and also dealt with a little bad luck on his way to five turnovers, an absolutely unacceptable number for a franchise quarterback. Yet he was so brilliant on his way to 478 passing yards and six touchdowns that it very nearly didn’t matter. His talent was an eyelash away from covering the self-inflicted wounds. That is the 2018 Kansas City Chiefs in a nutshell. The talent is so overwhelming that they can overcome their own mistakes the vast majority of the time and still be wildly successful.

Which brings us back to the fork in the road. The Chiefs are good, arguably the best team in Kansas City since 2003. But they can be better. Much better. This is a team that has the talent to go all the way. And the biggest barrier to preventing this isn’t the Los Angeles Rams. It isn’t Tom Brady and the Patriots, or the Saints and their high-flying offense.

No, the biggest barrier the Chiefs face right now is tripping over their own feet and waiting for their talent to bail them out. They need to realize that now. They can cut back the missed opportunities and grind their way to an AFC championship or even Super Bowl win. Or they can continue to rely on talent alone and see their season end following another action-packed, entertaining loss.