ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Mule- Clint Eastwood! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318622)

Halfcan 11-03-2018 03:21 PM

The Mule- Clint Eastwood!

Saw the trailer run before Bohemian Rhapsody. Looks amazing. Eastwood Stars and Directs. He better dust off his shelf for another Oscar award!

Broke, alone and facing foreclosure on his business, Earl Stone takes a job as a drug courier for a Mexican cartel. His immediate success leads to easy money and a larger shipment that soon draws the attention of hard-charging DEA agent Colin Bates. When Earl's past mistakes start to weigh heavily on his conscience, he must decide whether to right those wrongs before law enforcement and cartel thugs catch up to him.

Release date: December 14, 2018 (USA)
Director: Clint Eastwood
Based on: "The Sinaloa Cartel's 90-Year-Old Drug Mule"; by Sam Dolnick
Produced by: Clint Eastwood
Production companies: Malpaso Productions, Bron Studios
Cast:

Clint Eastwood
Taissa Farmiga
Bradley Cooper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_QksSzK7sI

Easy 6 11-03-2018 03:32 PM

Oh hell yes

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/N_QksSzK7sI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MahiMike 11-03-2018 03:32 PM

Love that guy. Watching that, I might pop in my Gran Torino DVD tonight.

Deberg_1990 11-03-2018 05:11 PM

This looks superb.

Baby Lee 11-03-2018 05:21 PM

Them Farmiga girls can straight get it

srvy 11-03-2018 07:19 PM

Clint is GOAT

Kyle DeLexus 11-03-2018 08:20 PM

Looks pretty great

Halfcan 12-23-2018 11:54 PM

Excellent movie! The last time we will see Clint on the Big Screen. He was amazing and the acting was terrific all the way around.

This is a must see movie 5/5 Stars!

Deberg_1990 12-24-2018 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 13984227)
The last time we will see Clint on the big screen

Huh? Has he formally announced his retirement?

MahiMike 12-24-2018 10:26 AM

I rarely go to the movies and when I do it's for action-type flicks. But this is Clint Freaking Eastwood! I need to see it.

BigRichard 12-24-2018 10:44 AM

The wife and I saw this a couple of weekends ago. It was excellent.

dilligaf 12-24-2018 01:09 PM

I think Clint Eastwood is awesome but I thought this movie was very slow and kinda boring.

Mennonite 12-24-2018 02:35 PM

He should have hung it up after Unforgiven. Gran Torino is the worst movie I have ever seen in the theater.

Useless fact: Clint was in a Francis the Talking Mule back in the 50s. Full circle, baby.

Halfcan 12-24-2018 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13984986)
Huh? Has he formally announced his retirement?

There is a nice long fade out scene at the end. Evidently, Clint has said that will be the last, but will continue to direct.

I hope we see him at 100, kicking some dudes ass-lol

dirk digler 12-24-2018 04:30 PM

Went to it see this afternoon. Meh.. It was kind of slow and below average for one of his films.

Deberg_1990 12-24-2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 13985913)
There is a nice long fade out scene at the end. Evidently, Clint has said that will be the last, but will continue to direct.

I hope we see him at 100, kicking some dudes ass-lol

I could go for a Dirty Harry 6

InChiefsHeaven 12-24-2018 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 13985906)
He should have hung it up after Unforgiven. Gran Torino is the worst movie I have ever seen in the theater.

Useless fact: Clint was in a Francis the Talking Mule back in the 50s. Full circle, baby.

I loved Gran Torino. I didn't bother seeing it in the theater, but it was far from the worst movie I've ever seen...

notorious 12-26-2018 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13986239)
I could go for a Dirty Harry 6

“Go ahead punk, make my day.....as long as it’s before 4. Can’t miss bedtime.”

Frazod 12-26-2018 09:15 PM

I liked Gran Torino. But this, I mean, why the **** would I want to go see a movie about some geriatric drug mule? The entire premise just seems like some awful part of life that I'd just as soon not know about.

Bowser 12-26-2018 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13988866)
I liked Gran Torino. But this, I mean, why the **** would I want to go see a movie about some geriatric drug mule? The entire premise just seems like some awful part of life that I'd just as soon not know about.

At this point, just go for the brilliance that is Eastwood. Both directing and acting. Enjoy his work while he's still putting it out.

bowener 12-27-2018 09:09 AM

I heard this sucked and was only better than his previous garbage film that used the gimmicky method of having the real people play themselves. Can anybody confirm?

lcarus 12-27-2018 10:37 AM

Awesome looking flick. Gran Torino was great. Gotta love Clint.

mikeyis4dcats. 12-27-2018 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 13986087)
Went to it see this afternoon. Meh.. It was kind of slow and below average for one of his films.

agreed, it was not as good as hoped. Rather jumpy in parts, they skip around especially towards the beginning rather abruptly.

mikeyis4dcats. 12-27-2018 12:23 PM

https://heavy.com/news/2018/12/the-m...rue-leo-sharp/

MahiMike 12-27-2018 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 13986442)
I loved Gran Torino. I didn't bother seeing it in the theater, but it was far from the worst movie I've ever seen...

Yea, Gran Torino was awesome. I loved it.

BWillie 12-27-2018 12:44 PM

The dude is 88 years old, still starring in movies. Quite amazing.

Mennonite 12-27-2018 12:50 PM

Gran Torino was shit. The acting was pathetic, the level of casual racism by Clint's character was so over the top it was cartoonish, and his character's brilliant plan to beat the bad guys was ludicrous and contradicted everything we had learned about the neighborhood throughout the movie.

But, other than that...no, actually it still sucked.

The only way that POS movie could have been saved is if Clyde from the "Any Which Way" movies showed and slaughtered the gangbangers with a straight-razor.

srvy 12-27-2018 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 13989589)
Gran Torino was shit. The acting was pathetic, the level of casual racism by Clint's character was so over the top it was cartoonish, and his character's brilliant plan to beat the bad guys was ludicrous and contradicted everything we had learned about the neighborhood throughout the movie.

The only way that POS movie could have been saved is if Clyde from the "Any Which Way" movies showed and slaughtered the gangbangers with a straight-razor.

You are probably in a very small minority with your review.

BigRichard 12-27-2018 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 13989594)

Yep, that movie was fantastic. While this one isn't quite as good as Gran Torino, it holds it own. Gran Torino 9/10 and The Mule 7.5/10. I consider Gran Torino to be some of his best work.

vailpass 12-27-2018 01:13 PM

Quote:

Totally.
Anyone that didn't dig Gran Torino can get the **** off my lawn.

BWillie 12-27-2018 01:20 PM

Quote:

I've never heard the term zipperhead before. I bet that made alot of old men happy, that they had a new racial slur for asian people.

R Clark 12-27-2018 01:35 PM

That term is atleast as old as ww2 . Them old men who fought in that war invented it.you know the ones who did time in the pacific theater that could give 2 shits less about being pc

Frazod 12-27-2018 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13989622)
I've never heard the term zipperhead before. I bet that made alot of old men happy, that they had a new racial slur for asian people.

Apparently you've never seen Full Metal Jacket.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mfMYPvw_K9k" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And most old men have probably heard the term. Especially those who fought in wars against the Japanese, Koreans or Vietnamese. They also just might have an understandable attitude problem regarding the enemy they fought. Months or years of brutal combat in conditions most of us can't imagine, seeing your friends die horribly, might possibly color a person's judgment. I'm sure I've heard that somewhere.

And, of course, the whole theme of the movie was Eastwood's character overcoming his prejudices, and in the end sacrificing himself to save the very people he initially despised.

But don't let that stop you from being your PC douche self.

BigRichard 12-27-2018 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13989656)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mfMYPvw_K9k" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And most old men have probably heard the term. Especially those who fought in wars against the Japanese, Koreans or Vietnamese. They also just might have an understandable attitude problem regarding the enemy they fought. Months or years of brutal combat in conditions most of us can't imagine, seeing your friends die horribly, might possibly color a person's judgment. I'm sure I've heard that somewhere.

And, of course, the whole theme of the movie was Eastwood's character overcoming his prejudices, and in the end sacrificing himself to save the very people he initially despised.

But don't let that stop you from being your PC douche self.

I think a lot of people saw the movie this way but I saw it a little differently. He had colorful names for everyone, including people he liked. He wasn't really prejudice so much as an old grumpy guy. Hell, he didn't even like his own kids if I recall correctly.

I may need to go rewatch it again but I thought the moral was more along the lines of words alone doesn't necessarily make one a racist. The whole "actions speak louder than words" type of thing.

vailpass 12-27-2018 03:05 PM

Quote:

Hah. No.

vailpass 12-27-2018 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R Clark (Post 13989633)
That term is atleast as old as ww2 . Them old men who fought in that war invented it.you know the ones who did time in the pacific theater that could give 2 shits less about being pc

Yep.

Buehler445 12-27-2018 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13989656)

Or listened to George Carlin.

jjchieffan 12-29-2018 01:22 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing it. I think that Eastwood has done pretty good in his old age. Gran Torino was really good. And he played a pretty good over the hill scout in Trouble With The Curve. Maybe I'm biased because the Spaghetti Westerns are among my favorite movies and I've seen him in so many movies over the years that I just have a hard time disliking anything he's in

Spott 12-30-2018 07:17 AM

Quote:

I’m guessing he must be from Hmong.

jjjayb 12-31-2018 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 13993831)
I’m guessing he must be from Hmong.

Hmong are a people, not a place.

Coochie liquor 12-31-2018 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjjayb (Post 13998177)
Hmong are a people, not a place.

Yeah right, next thing you’re gonna tell me is Jews are a people and not a place. Pfft

jjjayb 01-01-2019 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 14000356)
Yeah right, next thing you’re gonna tell me is Jews are a people and not a place. Pfft

No, of course not. I've been to Jewtopia several times. It's really nice this time of year.

Deberg_1990 01-01-2019 09:40 PM

Watched it today. Truly enjoyed it. Pretty funny is parts too.

Seeing Bradley Cooper and Clint on screen together was great!

I’m guessing the movies themes of time, and choosing work over family sort of mirrored Clint’s own life at times?

Very well done.

In58men 01-01-2019 09:45 PM

Movie was pretty dry if you ask me. Just an old guy driving up and down the highway playing dumb.

“I noticed you have a lot of stickers on your truck, so do you want to drive for the cartel”?

ROFL

This movie will be liked by the older white crowd.

RedRaider56 01-02-2019 11:48 AM

Saw the movie yesterday. Overall it was good, not great.
Was really disappointed in how it ended. Left a lot of questions to be answered.
Will definitely go look up the story it was based on to get additional background details

Deberg_1990 01-02-2019 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRaider56 (Post 14002542)
Saw the movie yesterday. Overall it was good, not great.
Was really disappointed in how it ended. Left a lot of questions to be answered.
Will definitely go look up the story it was based on to get additional background details

Yea, i looked up the real story after i watched the movie. I guess the real guy only served a few years time. Probably showed him mercy because of his age, he wasnt a career criminal or violent.

mikeyis4dcats. 01-03-2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14002796)
Yea, i looked up the real story after i watched the movie. I guess the real guy only served a few years time. Probably showed him mercy because of his age, he wasnt a career criminal or violent.

IIRC he had terminal cancer, and had a record of drug trafficking

sully1983 01-04-2019 10:11 AM

damn good film. It had its funny moments , sad moments , intense moments & some heartbreaking moments . Overall I thought Eastwood delivered the goods here.

8.5/10

Simply Red 01-04-2019 10:37 AM

Eastwood has some directing skills, no question about it.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-04-2019 10:43 AM

Made for Deberg movie. It was ok