ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life I'm depressed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318542)

rabblerouser 10-30-2018 03:56 PM

I'm depressed

So, I'm not really happy...on the surface things seem great, I have a decent job, Chiefs are kicking ass, I have a nice crib in the country, a couple cars, play some music on the weekends...

But I'm absolutely depressed. I miss my daughter, I miss my ex-girlfriend, Brittney...

I want to move to NY, but I have to wait for my job.

So, it seems like I'm stuck here, at least for a bit...

Not much is bringing me pleasure, I was so depressed today at work...I get weird thoughts, not like I want to hurt myself, but just...musings on the pointlessness of going to work every single day, just to pay to exist, just to really pay for the kid that I never see...

I'm actually pretty damn lonely, even in a roomful of people.

It sucks.

mikeyis4dcats. 10-30-2018 03:56 PM

try calling your buddy Reek?

rabblerouser 10-30-2018 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 13857759)
try calling your buddy Reek?

What's the point?

ClevelandBronco 10-30-2018 04:00 PM

Get together with a small group of people. Maybe just one other. Not a roomful. Face to face, not on the internet. Say something honest. Ask meaningful questions. Listen. Ask more questions. Listen more. Help someone.

rabblerouser 10-30-2018 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 13857777)
Get together with a small group of people. Maybe just one other. Not a roomful. Face to face, not on the internet. Say something honest. Ask meaningful questions. Listen. Ask more questions. Listen more. Help someone.

That's good advice. It's hard to meet up with anyone during the week...but yeah...

chinaski 10-30-2018 04:03 PM

Changes in your life will always create feelings of doubt and depression, it's completely natural.

You are the Captain of your own ship, you need to take control and steer it in a better direction.

In58men 10-30-2018 04:03 PM

I’ll be your friend!!!!!

Sassy Squatch 10-30-2018 04:05 PM

Take antidepressants?

ptlyon 10-30-2018 04:05 PM

Get a sybian

saphojunkie 10-30-2018 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 13857777)

**** off, Donk

I'm kidding. This is excellent advice and good for the soul.

Prison Bitch 10-30-2018 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13857784)
That's good advice. It's hard to meet up with anyone during the week...but yeah...

Go watch WWII documentaries on Histpry or AMC

After 3-4 of them, you'll be on your knees thanking God for the life you have. No joke - it's great therapy seeing suffering and realizing the ease of American life

Bowser 10-30-2018 04:09 PM

You have to work really hard at not living in the past. Don't play the "what if" game - all that does is open the door for you to kick your own ass and have really shitty inner dialogue. Control that which you can control. Focus on getting out and moving. Take ClevelandBronco's advice. Profit.

If you need to talk, feel free to PM me any time.

rabblerouser 10-30-2018 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski (Post 13857790)
Changes in your life will always create feelings of doubt and depression, it's completely natural.

You are the Captain of your own ship, you need to take control and steer it in a better direction.

This is good advice...a LOT of changes in my life, and I'm extremely doubtful about my abilities. I feel like I don't have control at all, I feel like I'm turning the wheel but the steering column isn't attached to the sway bar while I'm sliding on the ice.

The hard part is regaining some semblence of control, everything looks good from the outside...but on the inside, I'm falling apart.

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13857791)
I’ll be your friend!!!!!

You've always been cool to me - you rock!

rabblerouser 10-30-2018 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13857799)
Take antidepressants?

NO!

IowaHawkeyeChief 10-30-2018 04:13 PM

I'll hang out... Will you take me to the Chili Cook-off?

chinaski 10-30-2018 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13857824)
This is good advice...a LOT of changes in my life, and I'm extremely doubtful about my abilities. I feel like I don't have control at all, I feel like I'm turning the wheel but the steering column isn't attached to the sway bar while I'm sliding on the ice.

The hard part is regaining some semblence of control, everything looks good from the outside...but on the inside, I'm falling apart.

Everybody has those doubts and feelings at some point in their lives. Accept the fact that you have, and will makes mistakes. While you are in control of your own destiny, there are things that are out of your control.

Every day is a fight, but look on the bright side. You have a job, some people don't. I'm assuming you have all of your fingers and toes, arms and legs. A car...food, etc. Keep on keeping on.

rabblerouser 10-30-2018 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13857813)
You have to work really hard at not living in the past. Don't play the "what if" game - all that does is open the door for you to kick your own ass and have really shitty inner dialogue. Control that which you can control. Focus on getting out and moving. Take ClevelandBronco's advice. Profit.

If you need to talk, feel free to PM me any time.

Been a whole lot of beating myself up for "zigging" when I should have "zagged."

Shit part of it all...she was all about me back when I was making $100/night playing in those sleazy 2 bit dives without a pot to piss in. I never cheated on her or got violent or anything...it just seems like, the more I got my life together, the less interest she's had.

Even when I was banging the crazy bitch, me and Britt were still friends.

Now, now that I realize what I gave up, now that I'm realizing that, hey, I'm going to settle down and provide for the ones I love and be consistent and basically do the things she begged me to do for 7 years...now she has no interest.

Oh, the irony.

Sassy Squatch 10-30-2018 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13857829)
NO!

Bad experience?

saphojunkie 10-30-2018 04:17 PM

You should go talk to a therapist.

rabblerouser 10-30-2018 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13857812)

After 3-4 of them, you'll be on your knees thanking God for the life you have. No joke - it's great therapy seeing suffering and realizing the ease of American life

Yeah, that and the Vietnam docs are my jam.

I'll do some surfing on the box tonight.

cooper barrett 10-30-2018 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 13857835)

<iframe src="//coub.com/embed/1d2z3y?muted=false&autostart=false&originalSize=false&startWithHD=true" allowfullscreen frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" allow="autoplay"></iframe><script async src="//c-cdn.coub.com/embed-runner.js"></script>

MVChiefFan 10-30-2018 04:18 PM

What’s your physical life like? How’s your diet and exercise? Getting things lined out physically also contributes greatly to your mood and feelings about yourself. If you’re not already, start taking long walks, going to the gym and hitting the weights. Who knows, you may meet a new girl there. Also, low testosterone may contribute to some of the depression, so you might look into some supplements or see a doctor. Just a few thoughts before you take drugs or, worse, hurt yourself.

stevieray 10-30-2018 04:18 PM

Companionship is an essential to life. Made that way.

Go volunteer at a mission or homeless shelter. Serving others will serve you.

Look at life through the eyes of a child, wherein you find great joy in the small and simple things.

You're creative so most likely have an addictive personality. Idle hands are the devils workshop.

Write.
Write music.
Write poems.

Write your daughter.
Write her a song.
Write her a poem.

Use your talents to bring joy to others.

Simplicity 10-30-2018 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 13857823)
Really.. you posting on CP to whine....Get over it... things are tough at times for everyone... if you need a change in your life ..Get it done...

Alright... There are tough times for everyone but everyone has different ways to vent or find help during those tough times... Just because its an inconvenience for you to read this thread doesn't mean you have to be rude.

saphojunkie 10-30-2018 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13857847)
Been a whole lot of beating myself up for "zigging" when I should have "zagged."

Shit part of it all...she was all about me back when I was making $100/night playing in those sleazy 2 bit dives without a pot to piss in. I never cheated on her or got violent or anything...it just seems like, the more I got my life together, the less interest she's had.

Now, now that I realize what I gave up, now that I'm realizing that, hey, I'm going to settle down and provide for the ones I love and be consistent and basically do the things she begged me to do for 7 years...now she has no interest.

Oh, the irony.

A lot of women need a guy to fix. Once you're fixed, she's done with you. Think of it like graduating. It's a good thing.

burt 10-30-2018 04:19 PM

Quote:

Oh, the irony.

I'll meet you for a beer or coffee...what area do you live in? I bet it's on here but I don't wanna search.

rabblerouser 10-30-2018 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 13857852)
You should go talk to a therapist.

Probably long overdue.

Unfortunately, that takes time, effort, and money.

Mary Jane used to be my therapist. :\

rabblerouser 10-30-2018 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 13857864)
I'll meet you for a beer or coffee...what area do you live in? I bet it's on here but I don't wanna search.

I live in North Boone County, between Hallsville and Centralia. The middle of NOWHERE. ROFL you're good people Burt.

bigjosh 10-30-2018 04:21 PM

Depression sucks man, and it kicks your ass. I feel for you.

It goes away though. It really does. Keep yourself grounded. If you have pets, hang out with them. Go for hikes. Lift weights.

A lot of people will say that human interaction will help, but it did the opposite for me. I had to get away and do my own things.

Get off of social media. It’s all bullshit, and people’s fake portrayal of their lives make you wonder why “yours isn’t as good.”

Kman34 10-30-2018 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 13857861)
Alright... There are tough times for everyone but everyone has different ways to vent or find help during those tough times... Just because its an inconvenience for you to read this thread doesn't mean you have to be rude.

Yeah....bad day at work... I sent him a PM and apologized...

Coach 10-30-2018 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13857865)
Probably long overdue.

Unfortunately, that takes time, effort, and money.

Mary Jane used to be my therapist. :\

If you value yourself, which I'm betting you do, then do make that time, effort, and money.

It's a great investment one can make, in my opinion.

Edited: To see a real human therapist, not the other thing.

rabblerouser 10-30-2018 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 13857835)

Hehe, you know I can't invite anyone to that! I'd bring all of CP if I could...

burt 10-30-2018 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13857872)
I live in North Boone County, between Hallsville and Centralia. The middle of NOWHERE. ROFL you're good people Burt.

Well...I don't have a Haglund’s deformity on my heel, that's for surel

rabblerouser 10-30-2018 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 13857856)
What’s your physical life like? How’s your diet and exercise? Getting things lined out physically also contributes greatly to your mood and feelings about yourself. If you’re not already, start taking long walks, going to the gym and hitting the weights. Who knows, you may meet a new girl there. Also, low testosterone may contribute to some of the depression, so you might look into some supplements or see a doctor. Just a few thoughts before you take drugs or, worse, hurt yourself.

I've been slacking, less consistent on the hot yoga/exercise...eating crappy fast food...

And yes, I have actually thought about the testosterone; I have a Dr appt on Nov 7.
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 13857859)
Companionship is an essential to life. Made that way.

Go volunteer at a mission or homeless shelter. Serving others will serve you.

Look at life through the eyes of a child, wherein you find great joy in the small and simple things.

You're creative so most likely have an addictive personality. Idle hands are the devils workshop.

Write.
Write music.
Write poems.

Write your daughter.
Write her a song.
Write her a poem.

Use your talents to bring joy to others.

This is good advice.

I was happier when I had less money but was more creative...that is a fact.

burt 10-30-2018 04:26 PM

When I was just getting divorced, not a pot to piss in, a CP great gave me a hand up. He donated some old paint for my condo and gave me sparse but excellent words of guidance... He is wiser than he'd let any one believe. Thanks Phobs.

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-30-2018 04:26 PM

Dude, I jerked off pigs for a living ! Feel better now ?

rabblerouser 10-30-2018 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 13857883)
If you value yourself, which I'm betting you do, then do make that time, effort, and money.

It's a great investment one can make, in my opinion.

Edited: To see a real human therapist, not the other thing.

Right, I'm sure it's covered by my insurance, too.

IowaHawkeyeChief 10-30-2018 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13857885)
Hehe, you know I can't invite anyone to that! I'd bring all of CP if I could...

Dang!:drool:

Simply Red 10-30-2018 04:27 PM

Billay will give you a hand job and is willing to relocate

Titty Meat 10-30-2018 04:27 PM

Best way to get over someone is to get on top of someone

rabblerouser 10-30-2018 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13857904)
Dude, I jerked off pigs for a living ! Feel better now ?

Only if you're looking for help?

rabblerouser 10-30-2018 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13857910)
Billay will give you a hand job and is willing to relocate

God bless Billay; between him and his mom...

ToxSocks 10-30-2018 04:29 PM

Download Tinder. Find a chick that'll settle for a one night stand with you.

Simply Red 10-30-2018 04:30 PM

In all seriousness you'll be in my thoughts and prayers - i wished I could offer more - but struggling myself.

rabblerouser 10-30-2018 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 13857901)
When I was just getting divorced, not a pot to piss in, a CP great gave me a hand up. He donated some old paint for my condo and gave me sparse but excellent words of guidance... He is wiser than he'd let any one believe. Thanks Phobs.

Yeah I did some laundry last night during the game, gonna do dishes tonight and measure the floor in order to start doing some repairs...

Phobia is good people.

Thanks y'all. I feel better than I did when I started this thread.

Rain Man 10-30-2018 04:32 PM

If you're feeling down, just remember that you're not a cornerback getting ready to face Patrick Mahomes II and Tyreek Hill.

rabblerouser 10-30-2018 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13857921)

:hmmm:

burt 10-30-2018 04:33 PM

AND...you don't have a Haglund’s deformity on your heel......

ptlyon 10-30-2018 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13857928)
Yeah I did some laundry last night during the game, gonna do dishes tonight and measure the floor in order to start doing some repairs...

Phobia is good people.

Thanks y'all. I feel better than I did when I started this thread.

So you ordered the sybian?

rabblerouser 10-30-2018 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13857930)
If you're feeling down, just remember that you're not a cornerback getting ready to face Patrick Mahomes II and Tyreek Hill.

Ooof...them DBs in Cleveland probably not sleeping too well.

LoneWolf 10-30-2018 04:34 PM

Sorry to hear you are suffering from depression. There is already a ton of good advice in this thread, so I won’t parrot what others have already said.

If you need someone to talk to, shoot me a pm. Being married to a therapist I’ve seen/heard what depression can do to people. I sincerely hope you get to a better place.

ptlyon 10-30-2018 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13857940)
Ooof...them DBs in Cleveland probably not sleeping too well.

They're just wondering who their daddy is

burt 10-30-2018 04:35 PM

Quote:

I'd have issue with this...because they all look like a that'll settle for a one night stand with you.......

rabblerouser 10-30-2018 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 13857938)
So you ordered the sybian?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that require a woman?

Pardon my ignorance.

rabblerouser 10-30-2018 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 13857949)
They're just wondering who their daddy is

About to find out that it's PMII.

rabblerouser 10-30-2018 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13857923)
In all seriousness you'll be in my thoughts and prayers - i wished I could offer more - but struggling myself.

Much love, SR.

ChiTown 10-30-2018 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13857900)
I've been slacking, less consistent on the hot yoga/exercise...eating crappy fast food...

And yes, I have actually thought about the testosterone; I have a Dr appt on Nov 7.
This is good advice.

I was happier when I had less money but was more creative...that is a fact.

The older I get, the more reflective I become. There's so much good that has happened in my life that I often dismiss it as something common place. Now, I celebrate those things and thank God for them every day.

Take the time to recognize all the really good things in your life (like your daughter), and give yourself a break for the things that aren't going so well. Enjoy every day, and find something positive that you can focus on. Engage in real conversations, with real people - not CP and message board members :)

Good luck!

ChiefsFanatic 10-30-2018 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13857754)
So, I'm not really happy...on the surface things seem great, I have a decent job, Chiefs are kicking ass, I have a nice crib in the country, a couple cars, play some music on the weekends...

But I'm absolutely depressed. I miss my daughter, I miss my ex-girlfriend, Brittney...

I want to move to NY, but I have to wait for my job.

So, it seems like I'm stuck here, at least for a bit...

Not much is bringing me pleasure, I was so depressed today at work...I get weird thoughts, not like I want to hurt myself, but just...musings on the pointlessness of going to work every single day, just to pay to exist, just to really pay for the kid that I never see...

I'm actually pretty damn lonely, even in a roomful of people.

It sucks.

I have not read all the other comments, but I suffer from depression as well, and I know that everything can appear to be fine, and it doesn't seem like there is a rational reason why you should feel depressed, but the thing is, depression and anxiety aren't rational.

But being able to recognize your depression, and talking about it, are good signs. Never be afraid to reach out.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

rabblerouser 10-30-2018 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 13857947)
Sorry to hear you are suffering from depression. There is already a ton of good advice in this thread, so I won’t parrot what others have already said.

If you need someone to talk to, shoot me a pm. Being married to a therapist I’ve seen/heard what depression can do to people. I sincerely hope you get to a better place.

Thanks, LoneWolf. I'm usually really confident but...been kinda hard to keep the wind in my sails lately.

Imon Yourside 10-30-2018 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13857799)
Take antidepressants?

No, don't do that. There are plenty of things to make a soul happy. Yes i'm that guy and yes the answer IS JESUS. :)

ptlyon 10-30-2018 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13857953)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that require a woman?

Pardon my ignorance.

Not necessarily. Only hypothetical.

rabblerouser 10-30-2018 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 13857973)
No, don't do that. There are plenty of things to make a soul happy. Yes i'm that guy and yes the answer IS JESUS. :)

And I pray and just keeping faith that this is all part of the Plan...that from change comes growth and all that...

Chief Pagan 10-30-2018 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 13857812)

I thought about posting, "just remember, your life could always be worse," but I was afraid that it might come off the wrong way...

And if WWII seems to far in the past, go watch a documentary on Syria or Yemen and imagine being born in that part of the world. Or living on the street in some mega-slum in Asia/Africa.

And if you will excuse me, I think I will just go drink some anti-freeze now...

rabblerouser 10-30-2018 04:43 PM

I tell you...I appreciate my dog more than ever...

Imon Yourside 10-30-2018 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13857979)
And I pray and just keeping faith that this is all part of the Plan...that from change comes growth and all that...

Smile man, just keep doing that. I love music too but I find staying away from
the emotions of it keeps me even keeled for periods of time.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/q5FcN1-W5Lo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rabblerouser 10-30-2018 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 13857986)
I thought about posting, "just remember, your life could always be worse," but I was afraid that it might come off the wrong way...

And if WWII seems to far in the past, go watch a documentary on Syria or Yemen and imagine being born in that part of the world. Or living on the street in some mega-slum in Asia/Africa.

And if you will excuse me, I think I will just go drink some anti-freeze now...

Oh yeah, like I said...on the surface people would look at me and go "WHAT'S THE ****ING PROBLEM, YA WHINEY BITCH!?"

And that's part of the problem; I'm like "why am I not happy?"

Like Mrs Hogwallop...searching for answers.

Sassy Squatch 10-30-2018 04:45 PM

Quote:

Probably make him feel worse in the end.

rabblerouser 10-30-2018 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 13857997)
Smile man, just keep doing that. I love music too but I find staying away from
the emotions of it keeps me even keeled for periods of time.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/q5FcN1-W5Lo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh yeah, any Jason Isbell or Fleetwood Mac will immediately bring on the waterworks. I've had my Sirius/XM on the sports talk exclusively for like a month.

I've cried more over the past 30 days or so than I have since I was a baby.

rabblerouser 10-30-2018 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13858000)
Probably make him feel worse in the end.

It would.

Sport****ing seems like a great idea in theory...

Sassy Squatch 10-30-2018 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13857999)
Oh yeah, like I said...on the surface people would look at me and go "WHAT'S THE ****ING PROBLEM, YA WHINEY BITCH!?"

Being unhappy is one thing. Being depressed is a whole different beast. Kind of got it when I'd really ****ed myself over with seemingly no solution to get myself out of it. Miserable doesn't even begin to describe those couple of months. That's why I suggested antidepressants, since they really helped me and once I got my shit straight just stopped taking them. Pretty sure I was on the introductory stuff so not strong enough to get addicted to.

rabblerouser 10-30-2018 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13858008)
Being unhappy is one thing. Being depressed is a whole different beast. Kind of got it when I'd really ****ed myself over with seemingly no solution to get myself out of it. Miserable doesn't even begin to describe those couple of months. That's why I suggested antidepressants, since they really helped me and once I got my shit straight just stopped taking them. Pretty sure I was on the introductory stuff so not strong enough to get addicted to.

Yeah being depressed is absolute misery...but I'm scared to death of antidepressants.

Kman34 10-30-2018 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13857999)

Sorry that was my first reaction to the op...bad day at work....
I don't know your situation is with your daughter but if you can see her or maybe a phone call to her will brighten your day... your kids are the ones who love you unconditionally...

Sassy Squatch 10-30-2018 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13858022)
Yeah being depressed is absolute misery...but I'm scared to death of antidepressants.

I feel you. Seen first hand how devastating stuff like Zoloft and Lorazepam can be, but what the doctor gave me was mild. Just put a little pep in my step, and that was enough.

rabblerouser 10-30-2018 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 13858031)
Sorry that was my first reaction to the op...bad day at work....
I don't know your situation is with your daughter but if you can see her or maybe a phone call to her will brighten your day... your kids are the ones who love you unconditionally...

She's awesome.

BigRedChief 10-30-2018 04:56 PM

I’ve made so many poor decisions and felt like I’d never be happy so many times in my life. Saw no way I’d be happy.

You want to go to NY, just go. So it won’t be perfect like you envisioned. You make it happen. Just a little harder and takes a little longer but just being where you are doesn’t sound like it’s the best thing for you anyway.

rabblerouser 10-30-2018 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 13857967)
I have not read all the other comments, but I suffer from depression as well, and I know that everything can appear to be fine, and it doesn't seem like there is a rational reason why you should feel depressed, but the thing is, depression and anxiety aren't rational.

But being able to recognize your depression, and talking about it, are good signs. Never be afraid to reach out.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 13857966)
The older I get, the more reflective I become. There's so much good that has happened in my life that I often dismiss it as something common place. Now, I celebrate those things and thank God for them every day.

Take the time to recognize all the really good things in your life (like your daughter), and give yourself a break for the things that aren't going so well. Enjoy every day, and find something positive that you can focus on. Engage in real conversations, with real people - not CP and message board members :)

Good luck!

Thanks, to everyone who has posted in this thread.

Gonna go take my dog for a walk.

notorious 10-30-2018 05:04 PM

Go work out. It will make all the difference in the world.

Sassy Squatch 10-30-2018 05:04 PM

If all else fails, beat your meat.

Bugeater 10-30-2018 05:17 PM

This is how I make all my problems disappear.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dhr8YGpQay0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Easy 6 10-30-2018 05:22 PM

Quote:

Oh, the irony.

I've been where you're at in many respects

Women are very good at moving on, you have to be as well

Cleveland Bronco nailed it, engage yourself with the people around you more