ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Gladiator 2018 - Round 1, Match 6 - Rockchalk vs. Big nasty kcnut (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315964)

Rain Man 06-26-2018 09:14 AM

Gladiator 2018 - Round 1, Match 6 - Rockchalk vs. Big nasty kcnut

Vote for the person that you think would win this match in a battle to death or submission. As background, assume that prior to the tournament you received 10 minutes of training on every weapon. The time listed is the amount of time before the match where you learn what the weaponry and venue is.

Venue - In the killer whale pool at Seaworld
Starting Distance - 45 feet

Rockchalk

Main Weapon - 1 Claymore mine with remote control detonation
Backup Weapon - None

Prep Time - 14 Minutes
Special Factors - You have a really bad and painful sunburn

Big nasty kcnut

Main Weapon - 10 Lawn darts
Backup Weapon - 20 sharp small ninja stars

Prep Time - 7 Minutes
Special Factors - None

Rain Man 06-26-2018 09:15 AM

On a side note, I smile every time I put the "other sports" thread tag on these.

Sofa King 06-26-2018 09:19 AM

Will the claymore work in water? No backup weapon?

10 lawn darts is a lot to carry in a goddamn pool, let alone with 20 throwing stars too.

Can either guy swim? Are there whales present?

The Franchise 06-26-2018 09:19 AM

Is the pool filled with water? The whales still in it?

Rain Man 06-26-2018 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 13606078)
Will the claymore work in water? No backup weapon?

10 lawn darts is a lot to carry in a goddamn pool, let alone with 20 throwing stars too.

Can either guy swim? Are there whales present?

I suspect that it can work in water, but if kcnut stays underwater he's almost completely safe. I bet a claymore explosion under water has a range of about six feet other than perhaps some busted eardrums.

The whales are indeed present, and I suspect you're right. Our key information is not yet here: which guy is the better swimmer?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13606079)
Is the pool filled with water? The whales still in it?

Yes and yes.

My theory is that the claymore is more or less useless in the water as long as kcnut stays under during his approach. Water stops projectiles pretty quickly. kcnut may take some damage when he closes within six feet or so if Rockchalk sits next to the mine and waits, but if kcnut survives that, he can stab with lawn darts (and maybe stars), and Rockchalk will be constrained in fighting by his painful sunburn.

I'm giving this one to kcnut unless someone can illustrate that the claymore will knock him out while he's underwater.

The Franchise 06-26-2018 09:27 AM

Neither wins. Let the whale advance.

luv 06-26-2018 09:29 AM

Should this be Match 6?

EDIT: Never mind. I think my eyes keep playing tricks on me.

Rain Man 06-26-2018 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 13606095)
Should this be Match 6?

EDIT: Never mind. I think my eyes keep playing tricks on me.

Heh. Yeah, I just caught that, too, but was able to fix it. My cut and paste skills are a bit rusty, apparently.

Why Not? 06-26-2018 09:31 AM

Can I pick both to die? I think the Whale ****s them both up

Rain Man 06-26-2018 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 13606100)
Can I pick both to die? I think the Whale ****s them both up

I think the whales would be friendly and inquisitive until the claymore goes off. Then they'd probably be pretty ticked off.

ToxSocks 06-26-2018 09:46 AM

I'd imagine the two of them would end up tossing lawn darts back and forth between each other while Rockchalk waits for Kcnut to wander over his claymore, which of course never happens.

I agree. Whales **** them up. Whale advances here.

wazu 06-26-2018 09:49 AM

More ninja stars. My guess is they’re the most useful weapon this time. Nut should be able to swim while gripping one, get in close and go for eyes/neck. Lawn dart depending on what it’s like might also work for this.

Hangin'WithMahomes 06-26-2018 09:52 AM

I think the key here is remote control detonation. Concussive force of the claymore knocks kcnut unconscious and he drowns....

ToxSocks 06-26-2018 09:52 AM

You know, Rockchalk doesn't have to use the claymore underwater. It has remote detonation. He could wait for Kcnut to approach and then toss it at his face and detonate it in mid air!

RockChalk 06-26-2018 09:53 AM

I can swim, quite well, actually. But I'm pretty sure that whale is ****ing both of us up.

I would actually plan on never using the claymore and hoping that Nut is a terrible swimmer, and thus, gets pick off by the whale first. Allows me to get the hell out of that pool.

Side note - I'd probably set the claymore up as more a defense against the whale and only use it if said whale comes after me first

The Franchise 06-26-2018 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 13606141)
I can swim, quite well, actually. But I'm pretty sure that whale is ****ing both of us up.

I would actually plan on never using the claymore and hoping that Nut is a terrible swimmer, and thus, gets pick off by the whale first. Allows me to get the hell out of that pool.

Side note - I'd probably set the claymore up as more a defense against the whale and only use it if said whale comes after me first

I change my thought. All Rockchalk has to do is get out of the pool first.

ClevelandBronco 06-26-2018 10:13 AM

"Section III. FUNCTIONING AND INSTALLATION
11. Functioning
a. Electrical Firing. When the M18A1 is armed, actuating the M57 firing device handle (fig. 5) with the safety bail in the FIRE position provides sufficient electrical energy to detonate the M6 electric blasting cap. The detonation of the blasting cap, in turn, sets off the high explosive charge (composition C4). Detonation of the high explosive charge causes fragmentation of the plastic matrix and projects spherical steel fragments outward in a fan-shaped pattern (fig. 4). This mine is sufficiently waterproof to function satisfactorily after having been submerged in salt or fresh water for 2 hours."

So it'll still go off. It's directional, so it can be "aimed"—sort of. It's not intended to be used against a single foe. It's designed to be fired into a massed enemy. Water will certainly affect the range of the steel balls it propels outward. Outside the water, the balls travel about 100 meters—unless, of course, they chance to become embedded in a whale or something that is in their path.

SAUTO 06-26-2018 11:30 AM

I think rock chalk uses the claymore to kill the whale when uses a whale tooth to kill nut

loochy 06-26-2018 11:32 AM

I doubt nut can swim.....so rock wins
Posted via Mobile Device

Sofa King 06-26-2018 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 13606342)
I doubt nut can swim.....so rock wins
Posted via Mobile Device

I didn't want to say it first...

Dartgod 06-26-2018 11:44 AM

Are we to take the combatants real life physical abilities into consideration? Because we know that Nut has cerebral palsy and I think that could be a huge factor in this case.

So tell us Nut, how good a swimmer are you?

Rain Man 06-26-2018 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 13606371)
Are we to take the combatants real life physical abilities into consideration? Because we know that Nut has cerebral palsy and I think that could be a huge factor in this case.

So tell us Nut, how good a swimmer are you?

Yep, we take into account real-life situations, so if someone is perhaps an expert archer or if they can't swim, it comes into play if we know about it. It's to your best interest to hide any weaknesses and share your talents.

SPchief 06-26-2018 11:54 AM

Yeah, I think Nut goes down here

wazu 06-26-2018 11:54 AM

I realize real life ability factors in, but cerebral palsy is a big enough challenge that I eliminated it as a factor. Otherwise the weapons and situation don’t even matter.

big nasty kcnut 06-26-2018 12:22 PM

Ok here how i would win hide behind one of the whale. Then being a smart man while he looks for me i climb up on the whale and use the element of surprise jump on him and stab him with the lawn dart. Then push him into his own mine and finish the kill.

Rain Man 06-26-2018 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 13606176)
"Section III. FUNCTIONING AND INSTALLATION
11. Functioning
a. Electrical Firing. When the M18A1 is armed, actuating the M57 firing device handle (fig. 5) with the safety bail in the FIRE position provides sufficient electrical energy to detonate the M6 electric blasting cap. The detonation of the blasting cap, in turn, sets off the high explosive charge (composition C4). Detonation of the high explosive charge causes fragmentation of the plastic matrix and projects spherical steel fragments outward in a fan-shaped pattern (fig. 4). This mine is sufficiently waterproof to function satisfactorily after having been submerged in salt or fresh water for 2 hours."

So it'll still go off. It's directional, so it can be "aimed"—sort of. It's not intended to be used against a single foe. It's designed to be fired into a massed enemy. Water will certainly affect the range of the steel balls it propels outward. Outside the water, the balls travel about 100 meters—unless, of course, they chance to become embedded in a whale or something that is in their path.

I sure hope that one of the whales doesn't swallow the Claymore, because that could get really ... messy.

The Franchise 06-26-2018 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 13606440)
Ok here how i would win hide behind one of the whale. Then being a smart man while he looks for me i climb up on the whale and use the element of surprise jump on him and stab him with the lawn dart. Then push him into his own mine and finish the kill.

lolwut?

Buehler445 06-26-2018 12:37 PM

Rock. It’s a tossup really so I’ll go with firepower.

Dartgod 06-26-2018 01:34 PM

Does each combatant know what weapon(s) the other has prior to the start time?

Sofa King 06-26-2018 01:35 PM

Quote:

Sounds good to me. You got my vote.

RockChalk 06-26-2018 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 13606575)
Sounds good to me. You got my vote.

Hiding behind a killer whale sounds like a successful plan? ROFL

Rain Man 06-26-2018 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 13606574)
Does each combatant know what weapon(s) the other has prior to the start time?

Yes. They get that information during their prep time as they find out about the venue and their own weapons.

Rain Man 06-26-2018 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 13606628)
Hiding behind a killer whale sounds like a successful plan? ROFL

Your skepticism makes me realize that he would have the element of surprise if he implemented this plan.

RockChalk 06-26-2018 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13606632)
Your skepticism makes me realize that he would have the element of surprise if he implemented this plan.

Sure, I would be completely thrown off if literally anyone hid behind a killer whale and then climbed said whale's back in which to jump off of and stab me.

With that being his plan, I feel really solid in my plan to just climb out of the pool right away. The whale will take care of Nut in a matter of seconds

big nasty kcnut 06-26-2018 02:02 PM

oh come on. You should know i do know hand to hand combat plus i fight dirty. I shouldn't be losing to a guy with a mine!

raybec 4 06-26-2018 02:02 PM

Claymore mines are killers, Rockchalk wins

RockChalk 06-26-2018 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 13606647)
oh come on. You should know i do know hand to hand combat plus i fight dirty. I shouldn't be losing to a guy with a mine!

Technically you are losing to the whale you're hiding behind and attempting to climb. I'm just winning by default here

Shag 06-26-2018 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 13606645)
Sure, I would be completely thrown off if literally anyone hid behind a killer whale and then climbed said whale's back in which to jump off of and stab me.

With that being his plan, I feel really solid in my plan to just climb out of the pool right away. The whale will take care of Nut in a matter of seconds

This feels like a loophole. Gladiators should be required to stay in the arena.

Rain Man 06-26-2018 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 13606657)
This feels like a loophole. Gladiators should be required to stay in the arena.

This is a good point. Rockchalk cannot climb out of the pool since that's the official venue. You'll have to come up with a different plan.

One question that arises as we do these is the decision to attack or defend. In many of these scenarios, my reaction is that some players may have an advantage in entrenching and defending. But if both players have that advantage, then you end up with a boring tie. If I was doing this in real life, I'd probably have to add a rule that in the event of a standoff, the winner is the one who took the most net steps toward the other one. You want to force the combatants to engage.

I wonder if the Roman gladiator games had that problem. Did they ever have a match where the two combatants each retreated to a corner and dug in? I watched a documentary a while back where the dude who trained the lions was killed when the lions refused to attack during a big match. Maybe the gladiators knew they would die if they did the same thing, so they had to attack to get the 50/50 odds.

Hydrae 06-26-2018 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 13606645)

Man, I bet that lawn dart to the back while you are climbing out must hurt like a son of a bitch! You may be lucky and it doesn't kill you outright.

The Franchise 06-26-2018 03:03 PM

Nut is climbing a slippery whale with hands full of lawn darts and ninja stars?

Nut drowns in the first 5 minutes and Rock wins easy.

Beef Supreme 06-26-2018 03:04 PM

Too many variables not addressed.

TLO 06-26-2018 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13606770)
Nut is climbing a slippery whale with hands full of lawn darts and ninja stars?

Nut drowns in the first 5 minutes and Rock wins easy.

LMAO

LoneWolf 06-26-2018 04:57 PM

Doesn’t Nut have a physical limitation? I think that plays a big role in this battle.

TLO 06-26-2018 08:22 PM

I think Nasty Nutt is gonna lose. :(

Sofa King 06-26-2018 08:47 PM

I should start talking every weapon up, like it's the most devastating weapon of all time. That way when I get some shit weapon like lawn darts I can talk it up with the groundwork already laid.

wazu 06-26-2018 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 13607183)
I should start talking every weapon up, like it's the most devastating weapon of all time. That way when I get some shit weapon like lawn darts I can talk it up with the groundwork already laid.

Could backfire if you get a shotgun. “But Sofa remember how you told us lawn darts rule cause they’re quiet?”

Buehler445 06-27-2018 12:28 AM

Quote:

LOL Goddamn that’s entertaining reading.

big nasty kcnut 06-27-2018 02:22 AM

Yes the cp means I'll be a little shaky climbing the whale. Yet like i say i have the element of surprise. I'll throw a ninja star where he hold the remote. then stab him with lawn dart. Then push him into the bomb to finish him off. Also I'll move whale away from bomb by using fish bait ro moving him away far away from bomb while maintaining my element of surprise.

Rasputin 06-27-2018 02:42 AM

Quote:

This persuaded my vote! kcnut for the win

Dartgod 06-27-2018 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 13607429)
Yes the cp means I'll be a little shaky climbing the whale. Yet like i say i have the element of surprise. I'll throw a ninja star where he hold the remote. then stab him with lawn dart. Then push him into the bomb to finish him off. Also I'll move whale away from bomb by using fish bait ro moving him away far away from bomb while maintaining my element of surprise.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise, fear and surprise; two chief weapons, fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency! Er, among our chief weapons are: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and near fanatical devotion to the Pope! Um, I'll come in again...

The Franchise 06-27-2018 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut (Post 13607429)

Now he has fish bait to move the whale around. Oh and the accuracy to hit Rock in the hand with a ninja star.

Shag 06-27-2018 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13607557)
Now he has fish bait to move the whale around. Oh and the accuracy to hit Rock in the hand with a ninja star.

Don't forget it's underwater, lol. Jumping and throwing don't work so well.

Hangin'WithMahomes 06-27-2018 08:16 AM

I'm curious as how in the hell he's able to communicate to get the whale to do his bidding. I've not tried to train one, but I suspect that Mr killer whale isn't going to be inclined to willingly give rides to anyone other than one of his actual trainers.

Beef Supreme 06-27-2018 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hangin'WithMahomes (Post 13607578)
I'm curious as how in the hell he's able to communicate to get the whale to do his bidding. I've not tried to train one, but I suspect that Mr killer whale isn't going to be inclined to willingly give rides to anyone other than one of his actual trainers.

https://www.themarysue.com/wp-conten...perfriends.jpg

Graystoke 06-27-2018 11:09 AM

More Ninja Stars?

I am giving the nod to the explosives on this. I imagine everybody gets injured or killed in this match.

Jewish Rabbi 06-27-2018 01:14 PM

I think Big Gay Brad has a chance, don’t worry about what everyone else is saying.

Rain Man 06-28-2018 04:21 PM

Despite kcnut's complex plan to surprise Rockchalk, Rockchalk points the claymore in the right direction and the whales end up snacking on chunks of nut. Rockchalk moves on.