ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games God of War (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315025)

Clyde Frog 04-20-2018 12:31 PM

God of War

Anybody playing it? I beat the original trilogy and LOVED it. I currently have my PS4 downloading it in rest mode so its ready to go when I get home from work.

Gravedigger 04-20-2018 01:43 PM

Got it today at lunch, between online school and God of War that's all I'm going to be doing this weekend!

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 04-20-2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 13525121)
Got it today at lunch, between online school and God of War that's all I'm going to be doing this weekend!

Yeah, I’ve got a major presentation to prepare for a class on Monday. I’ve played a few hours so far. Having a blast. I’m trying to use Soulsborne controls, though. Need to spend some more time with it I guess. I’m playing on an old PS4 and the graphics look gorgeous.

Clyde Frog 04-20-2018 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 13525121)

I've already planned a "no life" weekend and cleared it with the GF.

Clyde Frog 04-20-2018 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy (Post 13525297)
Yeah, I’ve got a major presentation to prepare for a class on Monday. I’ve played a few hours so far. Having a blast. I’m trying to use Soulsborne controls, though. Need to spend some more time with it I guess. I’m playing on an old PS4 and the graphics look gorgeous.

Any reason why you're using that control set up?

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 04-20-2018 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde Frog (Post 13525365)
Any reason why you're using that control set up?

Oh, that’s not what I mean. I meant I’m pressing the wrong buttons. My subconscious thinks I’m playing a soulsborne game.

Clyde Frog 04-20-2018 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy (Post 13525370)
Oh, that’s not what I mean. I meant I’m pressing the wrong buttons. My subconscious thinks I’m playing a soulsborne game.

Ah, I didn't get the reference. Thanks for clarifying.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 04-20-2018 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde Frog (Post 13525379)
Ah, I didn't get the reference. Thanks for clarifying.

I could’ve worded it better. The games feel pretty similar. This always happens when I switch between similar games. Takes a couple days of playing to rewire my brain.

Clyde Frog 04-20-2018 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy (Post 13525391)
I could’ve worded it better. The games feel pretty similar. This always happens when I switch between similar games. Takes a couple days of playing to rewire my brain.

Same. I played Assassins Creed:Origins and The Witcher III around the same tine and I would get jacked up with the controls when I would switch games as DLC dropped.

Jerm 04-21-2018 12:01 PM

I'm early in but maaan the combat is so satisfying...esp. when you start learning how to chain and use attack/defense and use Atreus properly.

Also the first true boss fight is one of the coolest things I've ever experienced in a video game period. Holy. Shit.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 04-21-2018 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 13526061)
I'm early in but maaan the combat is so satisfying...esp. when you start learning how to chain and use attack/defense and use Atreus properly.

Also the first true boss fight is one of the coolest things I've ever experienced in a video game period. Holy. Shit.

Concur. That fight was incredible. They did the cinematic touch really well without over doing it.

ThaVirus 04-21-2018 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 13526061)

The Stranger?

That was ****ing awesome. Who is that, by the way??? He said he was sent by Odin..

AssEaterChief 04-21-2018 07:44 PM

Started playing it last night for a bit. Seems like it is going to be epic

Jerm 04-21-2018 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13526499)
The Stranger?

That was ****ing awesome. Who is that, by the way??? He said he was sent by Odin..

Yeah him....don't know who he is yet, I'm sure we find out.

Gravedigger 04-22-2018 03:10 AM

Story gets pretty ambitious, just got done travelling back from the first realm you go to. Definitely hooked in now, I agree the Stranger fight is pretty badass and absolutely sets the tone.

Clyde Frog 04-22-2018 11:06 AM

Agree, stranger is dope but when you get to the first giant boss fight, holy f**k.

Gravedigger 04-22-2018 03:26 PM

If you're talking about the one at the end of the dark mine yeah lol didn't see that one coming.

Bowser 04-22-2018 08:57 PM

Since I don't have a PS4, I had to go to YouTube to see what this was all about. This didn't disappoint. The graphics are amazing.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ifWJWem8m4g" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Clyde Frog 04-22-2018 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 13527179)
If you're talking about the one at the end of the dark mine yeah lol didn't see that one coming.

Yep, thats the one.

Clyde Frog 04-22-2018 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13527514)
Since I don't have a PS4, I had to go to YouTube to see what this was all about. This didn't disappoint. The graphics are amazing.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ifWJWem8m4g" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The story is also incredible and really draws you in.

Gravedigger 04-23-2018 07:37 AM

I got side tracked which is easy to do. As the game goes along there are lots of nooks and crannies that you can complete side quests in. Then I got four items that allowed me access to a new realm with tiered challenges, so I spent the majority of my time last night in there. I need to get back on track lol but the map is much more open than I would've thought. The amount of detail, not only in art, but story, goes way past the old God of War games. Definitely worth the $60 so far, $48 with Best Buy Gamers Unlocked =)

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 04-23-2018 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 13527696)
I got side tracked which is easy to do. As the game goes along there are lots of nooks and crannies that you can complete side quests in. Then I got four items that allowed me access to a new realm with tiered challenges, so I spent the majority of my time last night in there. I need to get back on track lol but the map is much more open than I would've thought. The amount of detail, not only in art, but story, goes way past the old God of War games. Definitely worth the $60 so far, $48 with Best Buy Gamers Unlocked =)

Realm of Fire? That’s what I was doing last night. Some of those get a little tricky.

Gravedigger 04-23-2018 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy (Post 13527699)
Realm of Fire? That’s what I was doing last night. Some of those get a little tricky.

Yeah, I got to the fourth arena and got to the, kill 100 enemies challenge. The problem is that it takes so long so if you fail at 15-30 three times straight, I'm just going to return to the main story and power up that way a bit. I got enough Smoldering Embers to make the armor set so it was worth the boost to get more well rounded stats. Plus, outside of LVL 5 Leviathan Axe talents, I already have every talent learned from every tree already. The shock arrows are ridiculous how they chain together to keep consistent stun/damage up on enemies, then you get the talent that allows him to fire 4 arrows instead of 3, so good.

Clyde Frog 04-23-2018 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 13527761)
Yeah, I got to the fourth arena and got to the, kill 100 enemies challenge. The problem is that it takes so long so if you fail at 15-30 three times straight, I'm just going to return to the main story and power up that way a bit. I got enough Smoldering Embers to make the armor set so it was worth the boost to get more well rounded stats. Plus, outside of LVL 5 Leviathan Axe talents, I already have every talent learned from every tree already. The shock arrows are ridiculous how they chain together to keep consistent stun/damage up on enemies, then you get the talent that allows him to fire 4 arrows instead of 3, so good.

Level 5 Hard is to not get hit once. I tried for 3 hours straight and just said F it spammed Atreus and dodged, hid like a b***h. You're in for a treat @ level 6. I'd honestly progress through the story more until
Spoiler!

Don't read if you don't like spoilers but it'll save you a lot of anguish.

The SE armor set is legitimately good.

Gravedigger 04-23-2018 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde Frog (Post 13527800)
Level 5 Hard is to not get hit once. I tried for 3 hours straight and just said F it spammed Atreus and dodged, hid like a b***h. You're in for a treat @ level 6. I'd honestly progress through the story more until
Spoiler!

Don't read if you don't like spoilers but it'll save you a lot of anguish.

The SE armor set is legitimately good.

Spoiler!

Clyde Frog 04-23-2018 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 13527806)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Sassy Squatch 04-24-2018 07:32 PM

LMAO That first boss was ****ing awesome. Just kept ramping up.

TinyEvel 04-25-2018 12:40 AM

I thought I would like watching it on Twitch but it's kind of boring watching the battles rather than playing them.

Clyde Frog 04-25-2018 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 13530066)
I thought I would like watching it on Twitch but it's kind of boring watching the battles rather than playing them.

Especially on "Give me God of War" mode, which, most of the bigger names have been streaming. The enemies are extremely spongy and take far too long to kill to be interesting on a moment to moment level.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 04-25-2018 09:15 PM

Just beat Journey. Loved it.

Spoiler!

Fish 04-26-2018 10:07 AM

BOOOOOOOY!!!!!!!!!

https://i.imgur.com/zcSJ7ix.jpg

Clyde Frog 04-26-2018 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13531853)
BOOOOOOOY!!!!!!!!!

:clap:

Bowser 04-28-2018 03:28 PM

Spoilers, maybe -

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/n12Q2Pj9ESg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Clyde Frog 04-30-2018 01:17 PM

For all of you who have finished the main story:
https://screenrant.com/god-of-war-se...ctors-edition/

There is also

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 04-30-2018 06:45 PM

Yeah, I found the secret ending by accident. Was mopping up collectibles and happened upon it. I'll have to check out that other thing.

Sassy Squatch 05-06-2018 11:26 AM

God damn the difficulty spike after the lake drops a 2nd time is real. Went out hunting for Travelers for the armor set and 2 Werewolf things ****ed me in my ass for a solid 1/2 hour. Mother****ing Travelers were the icing on that shit sundae.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 05-06-2018 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13547772)
God damn the difficulty spike after the lake drops a 2nd time is real. Went out hunting for Travelers for the armor set and 2 Werewolf things ****ed me in my ass for a solid 1/2 hour. Mother****ing Travelers were the icing on that shit sundae.

Difficulty dropped for me not far after that. I ended up having to crank it up.

Sassy Squatch 05-06-2018 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy (Post 13548012)
Difficulty dropped for me not far after that. I ended up having to crank it up.

Fighting a level 7 at level 3 was ****ing dumb on my part, I think. I should've done all the side quests 1st before doing all that.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 05-06-2018 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13548029)
Fighting a level 7 at level 3 was ****ing dumb on my part, I think. I should've done all the side quests 1st before doing all that.

Yeah, I did side quests as soon as I could and got some pretty good gear/enchantments. It really helps.

Sassy Squatch 05-08-2018 12:44 PM

Anyone else use the Infinity Gauntlet thing? Its ****ing beast when you've gotten it fully upgraded and put in 3 of the "stones".

Clyde Frog 05-08-2018 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13549880)
Anyone else use the Infinity Gauntlet thing? Its ****ing beast when you've gotten it fully upgraded and put in 3 of the "stones".

So badass. I really hope they add NG+ or DLC so we can wreck face w it.

Sassy Squatch 05-08-2018 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde Frog (Post 13549900)
So badass. I really hope they add NG+ or DLC so we can wreck face w it.

It's saved my ass in 2 Valkyrie fights now.

Sassy Squatch 05-09-2018 07:23 PM

That final valkyrie is so ****ing cheap. Head stomp move is one of the most cancerous boss moves I've ever had the displeasure of seeing.

Clyde Frog 05-10-2018 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13551713)
That final valkyrie is so ****ing cheap. Head stomp move is one of the most cancerous boss moves I've ever had the displeasure of seeing.

Cheezy as F. I quit after an hour. Just when you think you have the dodge and parry of her moves down she uses the move of another Valkyrie or that F'n "Valhalla" head stomp. Destiny 2 DLC dropped so Ill revisit that fight in a few weeks.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 05-10-2018 08:18 PM

I beat her with Sindri’s armor (I think). It’s high runic and cool down. Make sure your rage meter is full and get a berserker resurrection stone before you start. Start by spamming your runic attacks. Once you’ve used them both with the ax, switch to the blades. You shouldn’t have to wait long to use them again with that armor. If your health gets low use rage to get it back up a little. Once she kills you, use the stone and rage again to get back some health. Keep spamming runic attacks as soon as you can. That was how I got her. Still took me about ten tries, though.

Gravedigger 05-15-2018 08:28 AM

I finally had some time to soak into the game last night. I did the last dragon, did a bunch of runs of Ivaldir's on Niflheim and killed all the Valkyries outside Sigrun. She's a bitch, got her down to about 25-30% but she'll just cheap her way out of the fight and I'm out of things to do at that point. I haven't memorized her entire moveset, but I'm close. This game was great, I'm really hoping for some DLC and NG+ like others have stated. The only thing I didn't like about the game was how it ended abruptly.

Spoiler!

ShiftyEyedWaterboy 05-15-2018 10:06 PM

Anyone buy Breath of Thamur from Brok and Sindri? I feel OP as hell using it.

Sassy Squatch 05-16-2018 11:48 AM

Cool down on that is too long for my liking, if we're thinking of the same one. I use Rampage of the Furies and Hyperion Slam for the blades, and Njords Tempest and River of Knives for the axe. The cooldowns are so short that you can almost alternate between the 4. Ridiculous damage output.

Sassy Squatch 08-22-2018 04:26 PM

New Game + is finally out. Looks like I've found my gaming fix while I wait for EA to fix their shit.

Clyde Frog 08-24-2018 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13687095)
New Game + is finally out. Looks like I've found my gaming fix while I wait for EA to fix their shit.

Well, I know what I'm doing until the D2: Forsaken expansion drops.

Sassy Squatch 08-26-2018 08:05 PM

Valkyries are so much worse in the later areas on NG+. Just Valhalla spam over and over and over.

Clyde Frog 08-27-2018 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13694500)
Valkyries are so much worse in the later areas on NG+. Just Valhalla spam over and over and over.

I hate that word now, just because of them. ROFL

Sassy Squatch 08-27-2018 02:50 PM

The one in Helheim did it 5 times in a row. Niflheim and Musephelheim Valkyries also had upgrades done to their signature moves. Musephelheims in particular is ****ing horrible to deal with. If the Queen gets all these moves as well that fight is going to be even more rage inducing.