ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs’ Quinn has rib injury; Crennel says Stanzi is ‘possibility’ for Sunday (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267791)

Tribal Warfare 12-18-2012 02:59 AM

Chiefs’ Quinn has rib injury; Crennel says Stanzi is ‘possibility’ for Sunday

Chiefs’ Quinn has rib injury; Crennel says Stanzi is ‘possibility’ for Sunday
By SAM McDOWELL
The Kansas City Star
A physical Oakland Raiders defense took its toll on the Chiefs on Sunday for the second time this season.

Once again, quarterback Brady Quinn was one of the victims.

Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel revealed Monday that Quinn emerged from the 15-0 loss in Oakland with an injury to his ribs, leaving his status for Sunday’s home finale against Indianapolis in doubt — and leaving the Chiefs’ quarterback situation familiarly muddled.

“He stood in there pretty tough and took a beating basically,” Crennel said.

Crennel said Quinn’s injury would be reevaluated Tuesday, but whether he gets the call under center won’t necessarily depend exclusively on his health. Asked who would start Sunday if Quinn is healthy, Crennel was noncommittal.

He was similarly vague when presented with the hypothetical of Quinn’s absence, allowing for the possibility that Ricky Stanzi could be in line to make his NFL regular-season debut against the Colts.

“There’s a possibility,” Crennel said of Stanzi playing Sunday. “Like I said last week, there’s a possibility, and I mentioned injuries as one of the reasons. We’ll see what Brady looks like, and then we’ll make some decisions and go from there.”

The severity of Quinn’s injury is unknown, though he was able to finish Sunday’s game in Oakland, completing 18 of 32 passes for 136 yards, only 4.3 yards per attempt.

He was sacked four times and forced out of the pocket numerous others while the Raiders’ defensive line physically dominated the Chiefs’ offensive line.

“Everything,” offensive lineman Eric Winston responded Monday when asked what went wrong offensively. “You can’t point the finger at one guy. We didn’t open up (running lanes) at all. We didn’t (pass) protect at all.”

That left Quinn forced to hurry several throws. He was hit particularly hard on a fourth-down incomplete pass to Jon Baldwin with more than nine minutes left.

Quinn’s rib injury comes seven weeks after he departed a 26-16 home loss against the Raiders because of a concussion — a game in which he attempted to continue playing before players and coaches spotted his symptoms. He missed the following two games, in San Diego and Pittsburgh, and Matt Cassel started in his place.

With Quinn under center, the Chiefs have accumulated seven straight scoreless quarters since Jamaal Charles’ 80-yard touchdown run on the first play of a 30-7 loss to Cleveland a week ago.

The Raiders have presented a particularly bad matchup for the Chiefs this season. After entering Sunday allowing a league-high 31 points per game, they shut out the Chiefs, holding them to 119 total yards.

“They haven’t exactly lit the world on fire,” Winston said, “but for whatever reason, we haven’t fared too well against them.”

Whoever lines up under center Sunday against the Colts will require an improved performance from a receiving corps that left much to be desired against the Raiders. After Dexter McCluster, who caught seven passes, the remaining Chiefs wideouts — Devon Wylie, Jamar Newsome and Baldwin — combined for two catches on 10 targets.

“(Separation) seems to be the problem with all of our receivers — against the Raiders anyway,” Crennel said.

AussieChiefsFan 12-18-2012 03:02 AM

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/a...t-bale-nod.gif

KCrockaholic 12-18-2012 03:04 AM

Do IT! We can't let Indy be a trap game. Must lose! Not that Quinn doesn't give a worse chance.

NJChiefsFan 12-18-2012 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9220262)
Do IT! We can't let Indy be a trap game. Must lose! Not that Quinn doesn't give a worse chance.

Yeah I worry about the unknown. I am not saying Stanzi will turn anything around but we know for a fact that Quinn won't.

AussieChiefsFan 12-18-2012 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9220266)
Yeah I worry about the unknown. I am not saying Stanzi will turn anything around but we know for a fact that Quinn won't.

Not a good situation for him. He either wins and makes the fans angry at him for screwing them outta the #1 pick, or he losses and damages his league image, not that he has one, but I assume he'd want to start somewhere one day.

KCrockaholic 12-18-2012 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9220269)
Not a good situation for him. He either wins and makes the fans angry at him for screwing them outta the #1 pick, or he losses and damages his league image, not that he has one, but I assume he'd want to start somewhere one day.

Or it turns out ok for him, he has a decent game, and we still lose, because we aren't beating Andrew Luck, and everybody's happy.

AussieChiefsFan 12-18-2012 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9220270)
Or it turns out ok for him, he has a decent game, and we still lose, because we aren't beating Andrew Luck, and everybody's happy.

Yea the perfect situation is he runs for 200+ yrds per game from now but we still lose out.

Hammock Parties 12-18-2012 04:00 AM

Stanzi is sure to go 0-2, but also perhaps could make a few plays and give himself a shot to remain on the roster next year. Start him.

007 12-18-2012 04:25 AM

shit

mdchiefsfan 12-18-2012 04:26 AM

Print em!

Marcellus 12-18-2012 04:55 AM

I think he should play Stanzi to cap of the QB shitfest that has been the last few years. (4 years actually)

2011 - Cassel, Palko, Orton

2012 - Cassel, Quinn, Stanzi

= 2013 Complete house cleaning

ChiefMojo 12-18-2012 05:59 AM

I'll be damned! They may actually go with Stanzi and NOT go back to Cassel? Pioli must really not be in power. :P

InChiefsHeaven 12-18-2012 06:05 AM

Wow. No mention of Cassel in the article at all. How far we have come...

sodcat 12-18-2012 06:44 AM

Wow! Poor Stanzi. I wonder who the 4th string qb is and next in line for a beatdown with our o-line!

DaKCMan AP 12-18-2012 06:49 AM

I'm officially worried. Fantasy football championship is this weekend and my opponent has Indy's defense on his team.

:cuss:

BoneKrusher 12-18-2012 06:52 AM

does RAC know how the injury happened?

mdchiefsfan 12-18-2012 06:53 AM

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/stanzi7.gif

thanks gochiefs

'Merica!!

King_Chief_Fan 12-18-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodcat (Post 9220325)
Wow! Poor Stanzi. I wonder who the 4th string qb is and next in line for a beatdown with our o-line!

o line excuses won't cut it. They don't work for the others they won't work for Cantzi. Here is to his major failure next week. If he does well, Pioli will think he has his QBOTF.

rabblerouser 12-18-2012 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 9220331)
does RAC know how the injury happened?

I really don't think he knows much of anything...I really think he just reads the paper that they put in front of his microphone at the pressers.

Like when he called Russ Hochstein 'Rick...Rich Hockensteen' yesterday, I about spit Naked Juice all over the dash of my truck, because he literally doesn't know how to enunciate his own player's names.

Prolly one of the first times he'd seen Hochstein's name in print, and realized who he was talking about...after he tried to spit the name out a couple times.

RAC doesn't know how Brady Quinn got injured unless the paper in front of the mic says how.

mdchiefsfan 12-18-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9220351)
I really don't think he knows much of anything...I really think he just reads the paper that they put in front of his microphone at the pressers.

Like when he called Russ Hochstein 'Rick...Rich Hockensteen' yesterday, I about spit Naked Juice all over the dash of my truck, because he literally doesn't know how to enunciate his own player's names.

Prolly one of the first times he'd seen Hochstein's name in print, and realized who he was talking about...after he tried to spit the name out a couple times.

RAC doesn't know how Brady Quinn got injured unless the paper in front of the mic says how.

NTTATWWT

bevischief 12-18-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9220328)
I'm officially worried. Fantasy football championship is this weekend and my opponent has Indy's defense on his team.

:cuss:

Your screwed.

rabblerouser 12-18-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9220352)
NTTATWWT

Why would there be??

Deberg_1990 12-18-2012 07:32 AM

Stanzi lights it up!

330 yards, 3 TDs and 1 pick.

Chiefs win 27 -21 and miss out on Geno.

displacedinMN 12-18-2012 07:48 AM

Can't be worse than Palko or Croyle

We have nothing left-give him a shot.

displacedinMN 12-18-2012 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9220359)
Stanzi lights it up!

A good conspiracy to let Stanzi keep his job.

mdchiefsfan 12-18-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9220359)
Stanzi lights it up!

This would be our luck

TEX 12-18-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9220380)
This would be our luck

No chance. Stanzie does not belong in the NFL.

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-18-2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9220394)
No chance. Stanzie does not belong in the NFL.

Well he's the 3rd QB in the worst collection of QB's on the worst team in the NFL... maybe in years... so his status as an NFL player is really nothing more than a technicality.

Otter 12-18-2012 08:18 AM

Like being starting genral for the Polish in 1939.

Dayze 12-18-2012 08:27 AM

Have we locked up the #1 pick yet?

jd1020 12-18-2012 08:28 AM

If Quinn is out then Stanzi will be active. So there is a possibility that Cassel will get injured and Stanzi will have to play.

RealSNR 12-18-2012 08:28 AM

Took long e****ingnough to give him a chance behind Captain Shitforbrains and Lieutenant Musclebundle of sticks

loochy 12-18-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9220479)
Lieutenant Musclepillowbiter

LMAO

BoneKrusher 12-18-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9220479)
Took long e****ingnough to give him a chance behind Captain Shitforbrains and Lieutenant Musclepillowbiter

:clap:

RealSNR 12-18-2012 08:39 AM

Interestingly, in Japanese culture people who are obsessed with body-building just to look good with their shirts off are considered flamingly gay.

Brady Quinn would be Richard Simmons if he ever went to Japan.

loochy 12-18-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9220503)
Interestingly, in Japanese culture people who are obsessed with body-building just to look good with their shirts off are considered flamingly gay.

Brady Quinn would be Richard Simmons if he ever went to Japan.

except Brady Quinn still likes girls

Easy 6 12-18-2012 08:47 AM

Bout ****ing time, a two game audition isnt too much to ask.

Dave Lane 12-18-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9220266)

Broken Quinn is better chance of losing. I only want Stanzi in if we are down by 30 or more.

Chief Roundup 12-18-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9220351)

WTF is "Naked Juice"?

ptlyon 12-18-2012 09:44 AM

Put your dicks away gentlemen, it ain't happening

htismaqe 12-18-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9220538)
WTF is "Naked Juice"?

http://www.livingrichwithcoupons.com...aked-juice.jpg

alanm 12-18-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9220416)
Well he's the 3rd QB in the worst collection of QB's on the worst team in the NFL... maybe in years... so his status as an NFL player is really nothing more than a technicality.

Just for argument.. Who is worse off at QB, KC or Arizona?

loochy 12-18-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9220538)
WTF is "Naked Juice"?

really expensive juice

http://www.robynsonlineworld.com/wp-...-36-57_715.jpg

Chief Roundup 12-18-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9220731)

Oh, ok. I just figured it was a slang for something.

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-18-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm (Post 9220734)

KC because we're KC.

htismaqe 12-18-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9220735)

It's ****ing good though.

boogblaster 12-18-2012 10:24 AM

ok .. start the kid .....

Frazod 12-18-2012 10:27 AM

They can start McCluster at QB for all I care. ****ing clowns.

ToxSocks 12-18-2012 10:27 AM

Guys, this is a bad thing.

This means that the front office is trying to see what they have in Stanzi.

As if....they were preparing for next season....

uh huh....Tin foil cap activated.

RealSNR 12-18-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9220819)
Guys, this is a bad thing.

This means that the front office is trying to see what they have in Stanzi.

As if....they were preparing for next season....

uh huh....Tin foil cap activated.

Dude, the North Koreans have already fired Pioli. They're just waiting for the right time.

LOOK AT THE EVIDENCE!!!

King_Chief_Fan 12-18-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm (Post 9220734)

or Jets?

Reerun_KC 12-18-2012 10:43 AM

Oh please make this happen...

crossbow 12-18-2012 10:44 AM

Settle down, Joe Montana would look like a chump with our receivers. Nobody can win with this stable of losers. Does Baldwin even run routes or does he just go out there and free lance? He looks awful. Our world famous midget crew couldn't catch a first down. Our tight ends look good but they have about zero YAC so far this year. We will lose because we are the worse team in football history. I realy feel sorry for Quinn. He had no chance and neither will Stanzi.

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-18-2012 10:45 AM

Stanzi starting is the only thing that can make this game interesting to watch imo.

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-18-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossbow (Post 9220880)
Settle down, Joe Montana would look like a chump with our receivers. Nobody can win with this stable of losers. Does Baldwin even run routes or does he just go out there and free lance? He looks awful. Our world famous midget crew couldn't catch a first down. Our tight ends look good but they have about zero YAC so far this year. We will lose because we are the worse team in football history. I realy feel sorry for Quinn. He had no chance and neither will Stanzi.

This is pretty much true. It could be exciting for Stanzi to get his first career start, then when he considers his weapons he may just say "nah I'm good with the clipboard."

DJ's left nut 12-18-2012 10:49 AM

NNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

If Quinn is hurt, it has to be Cassel.

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-18-2012 10:49 AM

On the other hand we could see the beginning of the someday-to-be-famous Stanzi to Newsome combination. One day they could talk about it along with Montana to Rice... Marino to Duper... Manning to Wayne... Grbac to Alexander...

wazu 12-18-2012 10:52 AM

This move comes about 14 games too late.

DJ's left nut 12-18-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9220416)

In Pioil's defense, the Lindley/Skelton duo in Arizona is worse than Cassel/Quinn.

Dr. Johnny Fever 12-18-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9220907)
In Pioil's defense, the Lindley/Skelton duo in Arizona is worse than Cassel/Quinn.

Meh they have more wins.

crossbow 12-18-2012 10:58 AM

It would be fun to watch Stanzi just to get a feel for his mechanics, accuracy, arm strength, and timing. Could be interesting to see.

crossbow 12-18-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9220907)

Sorry, not piling on you but pioli has no defense because Casselgate trumped every other move he hade. He destoyed an entire franchise because of Cassel. Hard to do but he did it.

ptlyon 12-18-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossbow (Post 9220880)

I cant believe some of the shit people in this board shovel down.

The problem is the qb or play calling or both. F no they cant get separation when they run 4 yard routes. They don't go down field cuz the qb can't make that throw, or they are afraid to let them try.

Daboli sucks for one our qbs suck as well.

Crennel just won't say his qbs & OC suck.

ptlyon 12-18-2012 11:04 AM

Admit is a better word...

HolyHat 12-18-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossbow (Post 9220941)
Sorry, not piling on you but pioli has no defense because Casselgate trumped every other move he hade. He destoyed an entire franchise because of Cassel. Hard to do but he did it.

:clap:

Coogs 12-18-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossbow (Post 9220923)
It would be fun to watch Stanzi just to get a feel for his mechanics, accuracy, arm strength, and timing. Could be interesting to see.

Post a couple of wins... and we don't need a QB early next draft. No thanks. If he wasn't good enough for the brass to even suit up during this crappy season, keep him in street clothes the last two weeks too.

crossbow 12-18-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9220945)
I cant believe some of the shit people in this board shovel down.

The problem is the qb or play calling or both. F no they cant get separation when they run 4 yard routes. They don't go down field cuz the qb can't make that throw, or they are afraid to let them try.

Daboli sucks for one our qbs suck as well.

Crennel just won't say his qbs & OC suck.

I have seen passes that were perfectly placed but the receiver adjusted his route so the ball went where it was supposed to be but the guy wasn't there to catch it. Deep patterns that would have been for a score but Baldwin for some reason slowed down while running under the ball so it ended up going too far for him to catch. WTF is that about? Why did you slow down? Quinn can't know you are going to do that? And yes, we have a horrible OC. Daboli has no creativity. He sucks. Him and Pioli should be forever bonded together as punishment for what they have done here.

htismaqe 12-18-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9220976)
Post a couple of wins... and we don't need a QB early next draft. No thanks. If he wasn't good enough for the brass to even suit up during this crappy season, keep him in street clothes the last two weeks too.

If Quinn is even remotely healthy, he'll play. This is his last chance in the NFL and he's not going to go to the bench quietly.

That being said, we may not have a choice - if Quinn can't go, who else plays? Cassel?

There's a better chance of winning with Cassel than with Stanzi. I know nobody wants to hear that but it's the truth.

Hammock Parties 12-18-2012 11:22 AM

Shit, there's a better chance of winning with Cassel than QUINN.

Quinn is horrible and worse than Cassel in every measurable statistic. People don't want to hear it but that's the truth.

Better arm, but big ****ing deal.

dallaschiefsfan 12-18-2012 11:29 AM

With as little prep and reps as they've given Stanzi this year, there's no way he upsets our chances at losing out. The win could be seeing if he has enough raw talent to be our backup next year. Otherwise, I see no choice but to draft two QB's in the first 4-5 rounds. The position is just so vital that we need every chance to get it right.

ROYC75 12-18-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan (Post 9221039)
With as little prep and reps as they've given Stanzi this year, there's no way he upsets our chances at losing out. The win could be seeing if he has enough raw talent to be our backup next year. Otherwise, I see no choice but to draft two QB's in the first 4-5 rounds. The position is just so vital that we need every chance to get it right.

Uh, nothing later than Rd 1 & Rd 3 at the most.

Rd 4 & 5 is a wish on lesser talent. Slim pickings.

dallaschiefsfan 12-18-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 9221063)
Uh, nothing later than Rd 1 & Rd 3 at the most.

Rd 4 & 5 is a wish on lesser talent. Slim pickings.

I'm actually trying to be more realistic. Because if it was me...I'd do what the Cowboys did back in the 90's and draft 1st and 2nd round QB's. Steve Walsh never amounted to anything, but taking Aikman and Walsh was a smart move then I'd be elated if we made a similar type move.

whoman69 12-18-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossbow (Post 9220941)

Go ahead and pile on. That's what we do here.

whoman69 12-18-2012 12:33 PM

Until I hear that Stanzi has been announced as starter, I'm not buying it. Cassel will start or Quinn will limp out there.

scho63 12-18-2012 01:31 PM

If Quinn is hurt and Cassel starts instead, there is zero chance Stanzi is here next year. He must be SOOOOOOO bad to not get any snaps on a 2-12 team.

Another wasted pick who is only taking up roster space

BossChief 12-18-2012 01:35 PM

He would be a perfect backup to Geno.

DeezNutz 12-18-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9221450)
He would be a perfect backup to Geno.

Based on everything we saw in preseason and all of the reports from training camp, this is absolutely untrue.

htismaqe 12-18-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 9221430)
If Quinn is hurt and Cassel starts instead, there is zero chance Stanzi is here next year. He must be SOOOOOOO bad to not get any snaps on a 2-12 team.

Another wasted pick who is only taking up roster space

I love how everybody assumes that

1) Romeo is completely inept
2) Pioli makes personnel moves out of spite

while simultaneously assuming that

3) Stanzi sucks

All 3 of those things CANNOT all be true simultaneously.

ROYC75 12-18-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9221468)

3) Stanzi sucks

Assuming is the norm around this place.

DeezNutz 12-18-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9221468)

3) Stanzi sucks

Why? Yes they can be.