ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Anyone drive recent model Toyota Tacomas? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260172)

Buck 06-04-2012 05:48 PM

Anyone drive recent model Toyota Tacomas?

I've told myself that I'm buying a pickup truck as my next vehicle just because of how convenient they are. I think I've decided on a 2012 Toyota Tacoma. I like how it looks and it has the best gas mileage of any non-hybrid truck.

Do any of you guys have problems with yours?

Setsuna 06-04-2012 05:51 PM

I have a 2005. This thing is still running like it did when I bought it. I mean seriously dude. You'll be at a light, and you won't know it's on. It's so quiet. I love it. The least amount of maintenance possible is what I've had to do. Recent models though? Not sure about their durability.

Also it is not a gas guzzler by any means. If anyone buys a truck, you get a Tacoma. Hands down.

Buck 06-04-2012 06:02 PM

Did you buy it new or used?

Ming the Merciless 06-04-2012 06:09 PM

I got my 2008 new..

Love it, no problems....Get the extra cab at minimum...

Buck 06-04-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 8658413)
I got my 2008 new..

Love it, no problems....Get the extra cab at minimum...

Yeah, they have regular cab, access cab, and double cab.

I don't really drive people around often, but I'm not going to get the regular. I think Access Cab = Extra Cab. That's what I plan on getting. I'm looking online for used ones anywhere from 2005-present and they're only like $5000 cheaper at most than buying brand new.

Still not quite sure what I want to do, but hopefully by fall I'll be driving a new truck.

Ming the Merciless 06-04-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8658429)
Yeah, they have regular cab, access cab, and double cab.

I don't really drive people around often, but I'm not going to get the regular. I think Access Cab = Extra Cab. That's what I plan on getting. I'm looking online for used ones anywhere from 2005-present and they're only like $5000 cheaper at most than buying brand new.

Still not quite sure what I want to do, but hopefully by fall I'll be driving a new truck.

Thats right. Thats what I got (access cab)...

I ****ing love it, you CAN give people rides, its room enough even for a pretty big dude to squeeze in and go a short ways.(it has a seat belt)

I pretty much have tool boxes and tools back there, its a lot of room and the extra door makes it VERY serviceable for accessing gear you have back there.

I also like the little slidding tie-down holders in the bed..I use the shit out of them

Ming the Merciless 06-04-2012 06:21 PM

Heres what I did....I found out their bottom line price....and I got pre-approved through toyota financial....I called the largest dealership and generally they have a guy who does phone sales....the "fleet sales manager' or some shit. So you call till you get THAT guy, and tell him you are pre-approved and you do not want to haggle....and ask him his bottom line...He will ask you what color you want.....then he will email or call you back...

In my case I wanted black, but they had a silver in stock, he offered to ship in black one, or sell me a silver for like 300 bux less than the bottom line price.

Do NOT just walk in there and start haggling, set it up ahead of time like that....

Then you just go straight to financing department, past all the NOOB idiots who spend 3 hours haggling and still paid more than you.

edit this is for buying a new vehicle, YMMV on used

Buck 06-04-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 8658474)
Heres what I did....I found out their bottom line price....and I got pre-approved through toyota financial....I called the largest dealership and generally they have a guy who does phone sales....the "fleet sales manager' or some shit. So you call till you get THAT guy, and tell him you are pre-approved and you do not want to haggle....and ask him his bottom line...He will ask you what color you want.....then he will email or call you back...

In my case I wanted black, but they had a silver in stock, he offered to ship in black one, or sell me a silver for like 300 bux less than the bottom line price.

Do NOT just walk in there and start haggling, set it up ahead of time like that....

Then you just go straight to financing department, past all the NOOB idiots who spend 3 hours haggling and still paid more than you.

How is Toyota Financial? Pain in the ass to pay or what?

I was thinking about going through my bank. They've already pre-approved me for $25,000, so I might just use them.

Ming the Merciless 06-04-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8658486)

I was thinking about going through my bank. They've already pre-approved me for $25,000, so I might just use them.

super easy, and generally better rates than your bank. check rates and use who is lower. pit them against each othr

Setsuna 06-04-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8658382)
Did you buy it new or used?

New. Off the ship actually. Bought it sight unseen. It was worth it. Just regular cab though and silver is slick. I wanted access cab but it's sick anyway. Also there is a regular cab that is set low, buy the regular cab that sits high on the tires. Buy manual or GTFO.

Setsuna 06-04-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 8658452)
Thats right. Thats what I got (access cab)...

I ****ing love it, you CAN give people rides, its room enough even for a pretty big dude to squeeze in and go a short ways.(it has a seat belt)

I pretty much have tool boxes and tools back there, its a lot of room and the extra door makes it VERY serviceable for accessing gear you have back there.

I also like the little slidding tie-down holders in the bed..I use the shit out of them

Oh the sliding tie down things!? Those are sick as ****! Man I respect you 100% now because you own a Tacoma. Good man right here. :thumb:

Brock 06-04-2012 06:42 PM

They'll probably give you zero percent if you buy a 5,000 dollar warranty! Go for it!

Buck 06-04-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8658561)
They'll probably give you zero percent if you buy a 5,000 dollar warranty! Go for it!

u jest sold me

BossChief 06-04-2012 06:55 PM

On June 30 last year I bought my Nissan Frontier crew cab 4x4 sv with the tow package, hill assist and other stuff for over 7k under sticker. 29k truck for under 22. After EVERYTHING (including a 120,000 7yr bumper to bumper warranty, tax, title etc) I was still under 25,000.

One thing with Toyota is that they dot wheel and deal much at all. For the equivalent Taco, I was looking at around 32,000 (with only the standard Toyota warranty) and no dealerships were willing to work with me on price.

That was the last day of their tent sale and I'd highly suggest looking into the sales Nissan is looking at having before pulling the trigger.

I dot know how willing you are to travel, but if you want to make a trip to the same dealership I got mine at, I can get you in touch with the finance manager there that will probably swing a similar deal.

The Frontier is the top rated actual midsize truck in consumer reports (the top midsize is a Honda Ridgeline, but it's not really a truck...they also didn't want to work on price)

Resale of Tacos and Frontiers are about equal as are most options...I thought the Frontier had a much smoother ride and was overall a much better value.

Brock 06-04-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8658596)
On June 30 last year I bought my Nissan Frontier crew cab 4x4 sv with the tow package, hill assist and other stuff for over 7k under sticker. 29k truck for under 22. After EVERYTHING (including a 120,000 7yr bumper to bumper warranty, tax, title etc) I was still under 25,000.

I'd at least look at them, but I'd probably look at all brands.

Suzuki builds a Frontier clone on the same assembly line Nissan does, FWIW.

Tombstone RJ 06-04-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8658596)

One thing with Toyota is that they dot wheel and deal much at all. For the equivalent Taco, I was looking at around 32,000 (with only the standard Toyota warranty) and no dealerships were willing to work with me on price.

That was the last day of their tent sale and I'd highly suggest looking into the sales Nissan is looking at having before pulling the trigger.

I dot know how willing you are to travel, but if you want to make a trip to the same dealership I got mine at, I can get you in touch with the finance manager there that will probably swing a similar deal.

The Frontier is the top rated actual midsize truck in consumer reports (the top midsize is a Honda Ridgeline, but it's not really a truck...they also didn't want to work on price)

Resale of Tacos and Frontiers are about equal as are most options...I thought the Frontier had a much smoother ride and was overall a much better value.

I've heard good things about the Frontier... With a Toy, you pay a lot for the reputation and name. Granted, they probably hold their resale value a little better but damn, they are expensive little trucks.

Buck 06-04-2012 07:07 PM

Damn that sounds like a great deal for a crew cab. Where did you get it?

BossChief 06-04-2012 07:09 PM

Carosel Nissan in Iowa City, IA.

Buck 06-04-2012 07:10 PM

That's a little too far.

lewdog 06-04-2012 07:10 PM

We have friends that are avid hunters and outdoors-men and have lived in Montana for most of their life. They only drive Tacomas....enough said.

dilligaf 06-04-2012 07:35 PM

The Frontier is a good solid truck and is a viable option. You can buy one less than a Taco but the Toyota will hold its value better. My son had an 2000 Frontier with the V6 and it had 260k On it when it got totaled a couple months ago. But I've sold Toyotas for years and has rarely seen a problem with them. Both are good options.

SAUTO 06-04-2012 07:51 PM

Rarely seen a problem with Toyota's?

Drive by wire crashes?
Frames rusting in two?
Posted via Mobile Device

Ming the Merciless 06-04-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8658558)
Oh the sliding tie down things!? Those are sick as ****! Man I respect you 100% now because you own a Tacoma. Good man right here. :thumb:

haha yah...someone told me theyre worth like 50 bux for the 4 of them, so not to leave them in back of yer truck...lock them in the cab...LOL

So i have done that but i dunno if he is full of shit..

Theyre worth more than 50 bux to me tho!!!

BossChief 06-04-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8658790)

Drive by wire crashes?
Frames rusting in two?
Posted via Mobile Device

What problems have you seen with Frontiers, Jason?

Setsuna 06-04-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Drive by wire crashes?
Frames rusting in two?
Posted via Mobile Device

You realize the Tacoma was one of the few that didn't have that problem right? Nice try JA. :shake:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 8658792)
haha yah...someone told me theyre worth like 50 bux for the 4 of them, so not to leave them in back of yer truck...lock them in the cab...LOL

So i have done that but i dunno if he is full of shit..

Theyre worth more than 50 bux to me tho!!!

For reals? Dang. I need to lock that shit up. When I first got them, I was like..."What is this crap?" Then I used them and was like...:whackit:

Brock 06-04-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8658885)
You realize the Tacoma was one of the few that didn't have that problem right? Nice try JA. :shake:

I don't believe there ever was a problem, but yes, the Tacoma had reports of unintended acceleration too.

Ming the Merciless 06-04-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8658885)

For reals? Dang. I need to lock that shit up. When I first got them, I was like..."What is this crap?" Then I used them and was like...:whackit:

He was trying to say people look for them and snag them out of the back of trucks...like they are gold .....

He scared me enough so i do it, but i dunno....LOL

Ming the Merciless 06-04-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8658889)
I don't believe there ever was a problem, but yes, the Tacoma had reports of unintended acceleration too.

I don't think there was anything verified....i think there were people trying to jump on the bandwagon law suits, the majority of which were completely bogus.

BossChief 06-04-2012 08:31 PM

Also, if you aren't gonna use it as a traditional truck a lot...test drive a Honda Ridgeline.

They are very nice, great gas mileage, a cool under bed storage compartment and the tailgate opens to the side and traditionally.

Definitely test drive one before you you finalize a sale.

dilligaf 06-04-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Drive by wire crashes?
Frames rusting in two?
Posted via Mobile Device

NASA scientists couldn't find one problem with the electronics in a Toyota. And I've never seen a frame anywhere close to rusted in two.

Buck 06-07-2012 12:18 PM

I've been researching used prices for 2006-2011 and god damn these things hold their value. I'm pretty sure that I'll get a better deal if i just buy new.

I want a Magnetic Gray 2.7L Prerunner with Access Cab. Sort of hard to find.

There's a 2010 for sale with bigger tires than stock and some cool black rims for $22k. Or I can get a new one stock for $25k. Haven't been able to find one with my color preference though. May have to go with White. White looks slick too.

I may decide to go V6 4x4, but I don't really see me needing it and I want the better gas mileage.

BossChief 06-07-2012 12:25 PM

Just buy new. The rate will be lower.

FYI a total base model frontier is already an access cab pickup and is probably 4k less. They don't make em with a regular cab

tooge 06-07-2012 12:27 PM

In with the Tacoma. I have a 2009 with the full cab and short bed. 4x4 with the TRD package. It's been a solid truck. Previously, I had an F150, and to be honest, I liked it more. It got horrid gas mileage then, so I dumped it.

Setsuna 06-07-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8665411)
I've been researching used prices for 2006-2011 and god damn these things hold their value. I'm pretty sure that I'll get a better deal if i just buy new.

There's a 2010 for sale with bigger tires than stock and some cool black rims for $22k. Or I can get a new one stock for $25k. Haven't been able to find one with my color preference though. May have to go with White. White looks slick too.

I may decide to go V6 4x4, but I don't really see me needing it and I want the better gas mileage.

I'd go with blue or navy blue. Can't go wrong.

Radar Chief 06-07-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf (Post 8658973)
NASA scientists couldn't find one problem with the electronics in a Toyota. And I've never seen a frame anywhere close to rusted in two.

I have.

HemiEd 06-07-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Drive by wire crashes?
Frames rusting in two?
Posted via Mobile Device

:LOL: no kidding, denial.

Jason is a guy that actually works on them, instead of talking about them over a Heineken.

Brock 06-07-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8666008)
:LOL: no kidding, denial.

Jason is a guy that actually works on them, instead of talking about them over a Heineken.

:LOL: A guy who hates hates HATES imports chiming in on this thread.

Easy 6 06-07-2012 05:53 PM

If you just HAVE to buy a foreign truck, the tacoma is the one to get, its still not a real work truck... but they are nice looking, especially when dressed up with a lift kit, roll bars, brush guard etc, have few problems & hold their resale/trade in value like crazy.

HemiEd 06-07-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8666150)

a guy that sucks import cock and hates, Hates, HATES domestic cars chiming in on this thread.

You got owned in the last one. Nothing has changed when it comes to the facts.

Brock 06-07-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8666176)
a guy that sucks import cock and hates, Hates, HATES domestic cars chiming in on this thread.

You got owned in the last one. Nothing has changed when it comes to the facts.

It's unfortunate you have cock on the brain and have to sink to that level, even to the point of lying about what I like or don't like.

But then, what should I expect from a guy who loves a company that can't do better than #3 among domestics, let alone be good enough to even sniff the farts of Honda or Toyota.

So sorry the backlash against these companies you hate never materialized.

HemiEd 06-07-2012 06:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8666150)

Here you go, some facts:

link

BOSTON -

Toyota is hearing from truck owners about frames so badly rusted they can't be repaired nor replaced.

It's a problem Team 5 Investigates first uncovered last year with Tacomas. And now it appears to involve larger model Tundras as well.

Click To Comment |

"The frame is cracked," said Tim Gatzke, owner of a 2000 Toyota Tundra. "And down in the back here, the leaf springs on this side are so corroded that they're broken."

He said the frame on his truck is being eaten away by rust. Driven only 89,000 miles, it no longer holds power steering fluid.

"In order to fix it, you need a power steering rack," Gatzke said. "But the corrosion is so bad, there is nothing for it to get welded back onto the frame."

Gatzke has pretty much stopped driving his truck.

"It's aggressive corrosion that essentially makes the truck unsafe," he said. "I mean, the power steering rack at 70 mph. --- if that were to let go, that could be a really bad accident."

Bob Malone is another Tundra owner with the same complaint.

"You can see the frame rail is just orange with rust," he said.

Read more: http://www.wcvb.com/Team-5-Discovers...#ixzz1x9hjn38f

Brock 06-07-2012 06:09 PM

Jesus Christ, 2009? Wow, that's some earth-shattering news there, gramps.

HemiEd 06-07-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8666182)
It's unfortunate you have cock on the brain and have to sink to that level, even to the point of lying about what I like or don't like.

But then, what should I expect from a guy who loves a company that can't do better than #3 among domestics, let alone be good enough to even sniff the farts of Honda or Toyota.

So sorry the backlash against these companies you hate never materialized.

ROFL You yourself have said how bad your last experience was with the the last GM you bought, and were proud of the fact that you cashed in on the "cash for clunkers" at the tax payers expense, to buy a foreign vehicle.

facts.

Big money puts these deals behind them, and they did it in this case.

HemiEd 06-07-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8666190)
Jesus Christ, 2009? Wow, that's some earth-shattering news there, gramps.

Was that prior to you cashing in for "cash for clunkers?"

Brock 06-07-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8666192)
ROFL You yourself have said how bad your last experience was with the the last GM you bought, and were proud of the fact that you cashed in on the "cash for clunkers" at the tax payers expense, to buy a foreign vehicle.

facts.

Big money puts these deals behind them, and they did it in this case.

Yeah, I hate GM. So? Any right thinking person SHOULD hate GM. Speaking of big money, it's hilarious to hear you champion GM while whining about taxpayer expense. You are one confused old man.

Brock 06-07-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8666196)
Was that prior to you cashing in for "cash for clunkers?"

I'm not sure, what's that got to do with the shitty quality of Dodges?

Buck 06-07-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8666189)
Here you go, some facts:

link

BOSTON -

Toyota is hearing from truck owners about frames so badly rusted they can't be repaired nor replaced.

It's a problem Team 5 Investigates first uncovered last year with Tacomas. And now it appears to involve larger model Tundras as well.

Click To Comment |

"The frame is cracked," said Tim Gatzke, owner of a 2000 Toyota Tundra. "And down in the back here, the leaf springs on this side are so corroded that they're broken."

He said the frame on his truck is being eaten away by rust. Driven only 89,000 miles, it no longer holds power steering fluid.

"In order to fix it, you need a power steering rack," Gatzke said. "But the corrosion is so bad, there is nothing for it to get welded back onto the frame."

Gatzke has pretty much stopped driving his truck.

"It's aggressive corrosion that essentially makes the truck unsafe," he said. "I mean, the power steering rack at 70 mph. --- if that were to let go, that could be a really bad accident."

Bob Malone is another Tundra owner with the same complaint.

"You can see the frame rail is just orange with rust," he said.

Read more: http://www.wcvb.com/Team-5-Discovers...#ixzz1x9hjn38f

It's a good thing I live in San Diego and not Boston I guess.

Doubt that my car would ever rust out here.

Otter 06-07-2012 06:18 PM

Been driving one for over a year now and love it. No problems what so ever. I've had my frame treated 2x for rust prevention already. That's something you have to watch but besides that their bullet proof from my experience.

DomerNKC 06-07-2012 06:18 PM

burt can sell you a tacoma in kck.

HemiEd 06-07-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8666206)
I'm not sure, what's that got to do with the shitty quality of Dodges?

Who mentioned Dodge in this thread besides you? My personal experience with them has been excellent, and I have a pretty large sample size being an old grandpa.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8666204)
Yeah, I hate GM. So? Any right thinking person SHOULD hate GM. Speaking of big money, it's hilarious to hear you champion GM while whining about taxpayer expense. You are one confused old man.

The confused person is the one that thinks it is a good idea to subsidize a foreign company with tax dollars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8666209)
It's a good thing I live in San Diego and not Boston I guess.

Doubt that my car would ever rust out here.

They have probably fixed the problem by now Buck, the only reason I posted it is due to someone saying they hadn't seen one and Radar said he had.

So I decided to provide some information on what they were talking about.

In Toyota's defense, they stepped up to the plate and took care of people with that problem.

Frosty 06-07-2012 07:08 PM

In 4x4 trim, all of the "small" trucks get shitty enough mileage that you might as well just get a fullsize. There isn't much difference in price either, if you are careful with the option list.

I wish the manufacturers would bring back a true small 4x4 truck that got good mileage. My dad had a diesel Isuzu P'up in the early 80's. It was slower than hell but got in the mid-30's all day long, even four wheelin'. He had several S-10's that also got around 30. You are lucky to break 20 mpg now. :shake:

SAUTO 06-07-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf (Post 8658973)

I think you can find pics somewhere.

Hell I think I saw some here sometime or another.

put truck on lift. Lift front wheels and can, but rear wheels and bed stay on ground.

Lol. I do this shit every day, many cars a year. MANY. trust me on this, I don't need to sound good selling them, do you?
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 06-07-2012 07:52 PM

And I will say I don't dislike any car manufacturer, I make the same money hourly on all of them. I just find it amusing that a SALESMAN says he hasn't seen ANY issues with the cars he sells, which have had issues that were pretty serious in the last few years, but that is a typical salesman.
Posted via Mobile Device

Easy 6 06-07-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8666380)
And I will say I don't dislike any car manufacturer, I make the same money hourly on all of them. I just find it amusing that a SALESMAN says he hasn't seen ANY issues with the cars he sells, which have had issues that were pretty serious in the last few years, but that is a typical salesman.
Posted via Mobile Device

Personally, i really havent seen that many of them, but the ones i have are in great shape & sell very fast.

Its considered a toy truck, but still the best overall offering from any asian maker, so if you find a good one, it should be a runner for you for a long time.

Tylerthigpen!1! 06-07-2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

In toyota's defense, they have stepped up and replaced the vehicles. I think they had a rust problem in the late 90's/early 2000's and put a notice out to the owners. If there was significant rust, then the owners got something like 150% of the KBB excellent value. That alone would sell me on toyota.

dilligaf 06-07-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

My post said rarely. And it's true. I've sold many brands over the years and Honda and Toyota have less problems than the others, in my experience. Has Toyota had problems...yes. Has every brand...yes. But I've never said that Toyotas were flawless.

tredadda 06-07-2012 10:35 PM

I have a 2001 Tacoma that I bought new and it now has over 100,000 miles on it. It still runs like a champ. Best vehicle I ever owned. It is sad I might have to get rid of it though.

morphius 06-07-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8666223)

The confused person is the one that thinks it is a good idea to subsidize a foreign company with tax dollars.

You mean like Fiat? :D

HemiEd 06-07-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 8666715)
You mean like Fiat? :D

That was a gift, for darn sure. No doubt about it. :mad:

Dr. Johnny Fever 06-07-2012 11:27 PM

I've owned 2 Tacomas. The first caught fire and burned up due to a mechanics error... long story. The second I had to sell after I got divorced and had new debt. Loved them both and will buy one again. Great trucks.

kepp 06-08-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clay's Transexual FB (Post 8658324)
I have a 2005. This thing is still running like it did when I bought it. I mean seriously dude. You'll be at a light, and you won't know it's on. It's so quiet. I love it. The least amount of maintenance possible is what I've had to do. Recent models though? Not sure about their durability.

Also it is not a gas guzzler by any means. If anyone buys a truck, you get a Tacoma. Hands down.

I also have a 2005 - 4x4 double cab. It still runs perfectly and have never had any problems.

Buck 02-23-2013 04:35 PM

So I ended up going used and I just bought a 2006 RWD Access Cab for $19,300.

It has 27k miles on it because the previous owner was overseas.

Pretty happy.

lewdog 02-23-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9429017)

Pretty happy.

How do your balls feel?

Buck 02-23-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9429025)
How do your balls feel?

Much better. When I got off work, I went to a car dealership instead of the doctor. We'll see if that was a mistake.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-23-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8665411)

I don't know shit about the truck, but I will say if they hold their value to only 3k in depreciation over 3 years, this is one of the ONLY instances in which you'll save money by buying new. The reason is you can get lower financing through Toyota than you can through a traditional bank and the interest alone should save you 3k over the lifetime of the loan. Adding that you get no miles on it, stretching the factory warranty, it's really the best bet. And I generally never advocate buying brand new.

Buck 02-23-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9429052)
I don't know shit about the truck, but I will say if they hold their value to only 3k in depreciation over 3 years, this is one of the ONLY instances in which you'll save money by buying new. The reason is you can get lower financing through Toyota than you can through a traditional bank and the interest alone should save you 3k over the lifetime of the loan. Adding that you get no miles on it, stretching the factory warranty, it's really the best bet. And I generally never advocate buying brand new.

Well it's a little late for that lol. In 6 years, I'll sell this one for $10k - $15k and buy a new one.

Here it is, I want to go w/ black rims, but I don't know if that would make the chrome trim look stupid.

http://i.imgur.com/DHEhJNu.jpg

tooge 02-23-2013 08:33 PM

I had an 09 and traded it in for a new one 6 months ago. No issues. Good trucks

Ming the Merciless 02-23-2013 08:35 PM

Haha! Same exact truck as mine. Excellent choice in color, stays pretty clean with minimal washing.....Congrats.

Buck 02-23-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9429794)
Haha! Same exact truck as mine. Excellent choice in color, stays pretty clean with minimal washing.....Congrats.

Thanks.

Any advice?

Ming the Merciless 02-23-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9429878)
Thanks.

Any advice?

I got mine in 2008.......Haven't had to do shit except the regularly scheduled stuff....

A guy told me to lock up the sliding tie down holders, and not leave them in the slide rails (which i did for like 2 years before that) because they sell them for like 20 bucks each....so if yours are in the back, maybe slide them out and keep them in the box under the back seat....and get some decent tie downs if you dont have any, keep them in your truck.....friggin SO handy. And **** bunjee cord.....

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...4925_200344925

I use my truck as a work truck, so I have tool box and a tool cabinet in the back, so i can open my door and have more tool storage, but that probably might not apply to you.....

Shit other than that...nothing man.....great purchase IMO...

heres a couple links i just found while putzing around:

http://www.etrailer.com/popular/Toyota/Tacoma <--- accessories

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...tachments.html <----- how to build stuff for your rail system in your truck bed, like a kayak holder or bike holder etc

http://www.autoanything.com/hitch-be.../10A10041.aspx <---more accessories

Mr. Flopnuts 02-25-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9429743)
Well it's a little late for that lol. In 6 years, I'll sell this one for $10k - $15k and buy a new one.

Here it is, I want to go w/ black rims, but I don't know if that would make the chrome trim look stupid.

http://i.imgur.com/DHEhJNu.jpg

Heh, regardless that's a nice ride bro! Is it the 2010 you were talking about?

Mr. Flopnuts 02-25-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9429017)

Pretty happy.

LOL, yeah my dumbass JUST noticed that you originally started this thread last June. Love the fact that it has low miles.

R8RFAN 02-25-2013 07:29 AM

another great thing about a toyota truck is you can put 200k on it and still get a mint for it when you sell it

Buck 02-25-2013 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9435771)
another great thing about a toyota truck is you can put 200k on it and still get a mint for it when you sell it

Yep. Probably the #1 reason I went with a Tacoma. Drive it for 6 years, sell it, and get a new one for 10 more G's.

Exoter175 02-25-2013 07:40 AM

Not to mention they are damned near bullet proof. Anybody remember the 22RE from back to the future? LOVE that truck. That, and Top Gear (UK, the only one worth watching) couldn't blow it up, and they tried. They dropped that 22RE Hilux from a helicopter, put it on top of a 10ish story building and blew the building up, truck ran just fine, sank it in the ocean for 12-24 hours, pulled it out, pulled the water out, started it right up. Toyota trucks are just tanks! Especially the 4 cylinder versions.

Imon Yourside 02-25-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8658486)

Toyota Financial has been incredible for me, no hassles and I got 0.9 financing fairly easy. Have 2 payments left on my Prius.

Buck 02-25-2013 07:48 AM

My credit score is pretty good (782), but since its used they offered me 5.9%

I got an option contract so today I'm going to my credit union to get a 6 year at 4.9 (or possibly better with my good credit).

Buck 02-25-2013 02:22 PM

Should I be worried about this? Its only in the outermost edge of the tire.

http://www.imgur.com/ltZgGe9.jpeg

Buck 02-25-2013 02:23 PM

New tires are my #1 priority, I just don't know how many these have left. Never dealt with such big tires before.

Radar Chief 02-25-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9436883)
New tires are my #1 priority, I just don't know how many these have left. Never dealt with such big tires before.

How big?