ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football OBJ getting a 5 year mega deal (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317031)

RunKC 08-27-2018 12:12 PM

OBJ getting a 5 year mega deal

Per Adam Schefter.

Sorry O.City

The Franchise 08-27-2018 12:16 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Giants?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Giants</a> and star WR Odell Beckham Jr are closing in on a 5-year, mega-extension that will make him the highest paid receiver in the NFL, sources tell me and <a href="https://twitter.com/KimJonesSports?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@KimJonesSports</a>. Well-deserved. Should be done soon. ������</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1034129807536259079?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 27, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sofa King 08-27-2018 12:17 PM

About time. Hopefully we can stop hearing about it in a couple weeks now.

O.city 08-27-2018 12:18 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Giants?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Giants</a> and WR Odell Beckham Jr have agreed to terms on a 5-year extension worth a whopping $95M, source said. He gets the highest guarantee ever for a WR at $65M and averages $20M over the first 3 years. Nice job by the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NYG?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NYG</a> and agent Zeke Sandhu getting this done. Win/win��</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1034141614028009472?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 27, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sassy Squatch 08-27-2018 12:19 PM

Christ. If Hill has a couple of monster years with Mahomes this is our future.

Buehler445 08-27-2018 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13695151)

The hell you say. I’d hope they let him walk if he can get that. You overpay QBs not WR. Hill under Smith vs Mahomes should be all the proof you need of the concept.

Shaid 08-27-2018 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13695151)

Let's just extend him now so we don't get into that discussion.

Rain Man 08-27-2018 12:31 PM

That's a lot of money for a guy with an unstable personality. That will eventually bite them.

WhiteWhale 08-27-2018 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13695154)
The hell you say. I’d hope they let him walk if he can get that. You overpay QBs not WR. Hill under Smith vs Mahomes should be all the proof you need of the concept.

Tyreek Hill made Alex Smith the most accurate deep ball passer in the NFL during the 2017 season.

ALEX SMITH.

He's the only guy on this offense KC needs to keep no matter what. Anyone who can do that with Smith is going to break the NFL with a guy like Mahomes tossing the ball over the top of 2 deep man coverage.

FFS, Watkins is a good deep threat and he looks absolutely mediocre in that regard compared to how Hill runs right past everyone.

God, it's so like Chiefsplanet to spend over a decade complaining that KC never has a legit #1 WR, and when they get a transcendent talent at the position they're like "Eh, just let him walk!"

Red Dawg 08-27-2018 12:32 PM

That's insane. Skill players are not the deciding factor in winning and losing. QB, OL and DL are. They lose with him playing and lost without him playing. Dak won more without Dez than with him. Ryan scored more points when Julio was injured.

Buehler445 08-27-2018 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13695168)
Tyreek Hill made Alex Smith the most accurate deep ball passer in the NFL during the 2017 season.

ALEX SMITH.

He's the only guy on this offense KC needs to keep no matter what. Anyone who can do that with Smith is going to break the NFL with a guy like Mahomes tossing the ball over the top of 2 deep man coverage.

FFS, Watkins is a good deep threat and he looks absolutely mediocre in that regard compared to how Hill runs right past everyone.

God, it's so like Chiefsplanet to spend over a decade complaining that KC never has a legit #1 WR, and when they get a transcendent talent at the position they're like "Eh, just let him walk!"

I’d stand by my statement. Hill is ridiculous. Nobody acknowledges that more than I do. My position is well documented that not only is he operating on another plane of existence with speed but his hands and football IQ is so damn good it’s tremendous.

But I still don’t think you can pay a WR that kind of money. They just don’t impact enough plays and they’re too easy to neutralize. Hill may legitimately not be. But that begs the other question. When does his speed stop being transcendent? It’s almost assuredly going to be in the next 7 years (2 left on this contract and 5 extension - off the top of my head). Then we are left overpaying poor production.

I think you give stupid money to QBs. I don’t think you can give QB money to a WR.

And win anyway.

Buckweath 08-27-2018 12:52 PM

I have said before I would probably tag Hill for a year and then let him walk. He will be going for the moon contract-wise and I am not a fan of paying him eventually around $20M per season. By then, Mahomes will have a few years under his belt and probably could be great without needing Hill. You just have to see too if you have young players who could pick up the slack.

The Patriots are a great example of a franchise who won't really hand out those big contracts but they have been the most successful franchise in the league, granted they have Brady and Belichick.

RunKC 08-27-2018 12:56 PM

FFS some of you guys don’t want to pay anyone bc of what has happened to Berry and Houston LMAO

Packers paid Rodgers big money and just banked in on Davante Adams. They also have money for Jimmy Graham and maybe even Khalil Mack.
Same thing with the Steelers. Big Ben and AB are making massive money.

Our cap won’t be ruined by paying those 2 elite money. If Mahomes was making $30 million this year and Reek was making $20 million, it would still only be 28% of the $177 million cap.

Red Dawg 08-27-2018 01:12 PM

I have no problem paying Hill what we have Sammy. Hill is better now and will be next year. That OBJ is crazy. 65 guranteed. No effing way any wr is worth that.

Baby Lee 08-27-2018 01:18 PM

Maybe now he can afford to court that nice Lena girl.

O.city 08-27-2018 01:19 PM

You're gonna pay a premium for elite players. It is what it is.

Baby Lee 08-27-2018 01:21 PM

Does he get a FG net stipend?

SAUTO 08-27-2018 01:26 PM

donald is probably going to be next.

115 million 85 guaranteed i'm betting on that one

O.city 08-27-2018 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13695236)

Last I read he was wanting 80 mil guaranteed. Damn though, that's crazy.

Strongside 08-27-2018 01:29 PM

Is it well-deserved, though? Is it really?

O.city 08-27-2018 01:30 PM

For Odell? I mean, he's put up pretty huge numbers.

FAX 08-27-2018 01:34 PM

That's a lot of money for obj.

FAX THE NORMALLY MORE PRUDENT

Strongside 08-27-2018 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13695245)
For Odell? I mean, he's put up pretty huge numbers.

#Sarcasm bruh.

People love to shit on guys that get paid for excelling when their team doesn't do much around them. I just hope he doesn't pull a Justin Houston, Eric Berry, Dwayne Bowe, (insert any other Chiefs player who's gotten paid and underperformed here).

O.city 08-27-2018 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 13695252)
#Sarcasm bruh.

People love to shit on guys that get paid for excelling when their team doesn't do much around them. I just hope he doesn't pull a Justin Houston, Eric Berry, Dwayne Bowe, (insert any other Chiefs player who's gotten paid and underperformed here).

Looking around the league, that's pretty much the norm for what happens when guys get paid.

mcaj22 08-27-2018 01:42 PM

can we still trade for Odell, I heard right here on CP he was on the trade block and the Giants didnt want him

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 08-27-2018 01:47 PM

The quarterback makes the receiver, not the other way around. Look what Pat did for Albert Wilson, got him a fat contract from one game. Franchise tag Hill for a year or 2 and give Pat the big contract. He will make average receivers into stars.

Rain Man 08-27-2018 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13695168)

ALEX SMITH.

Yeah, Tyreek is that rare guy where you can see on the field that he's different. He's operating on a different level than all of the other elite athletes. You keep a guy like that and pay him and figure out how to use him. He is not something that other teams can prepare for.

That said, I agree with the point that at some point his pure physical advantage will decline. But by then he'll be more savvy, so I'm not worried about it.

Hoover 08-27-2018 01:52 PM

And this is why all the experts shouldn't have all went crazy about the 48 million Watkins got from the Chiefs. Cooks and now OBJ got significantly more. From day one I've liked the Watkins deal. Is there risk in it? Sure, but dame it opens up the field for three of our home grown play makers and gives our young franchise QB another dynamic target.

pugsnotdrugs19 08-27-2018 01:52 PM

I'd pay Tyreek and use draft picks on other defenders to make that side of the ball cheaper.

The Cheetah is a generational talent like we've never seen with his speed. Unless you just think the wheels are going to fall off, he's a keeper.

TomBarndtsTwin 08-27-2018 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13695274)
Yeah, Tyreek is that rare guy where you can see on the field that he's different. He's operating on a different level than all of the other elite athletes. You keep a guy like that and pay him and figure out how to use him. He is not something that other teams can prepare for.

That said, I agree with the point that at some point his pure physical advantage will decline. But by then he'll be more savvy, so I'm not worried about it.

This.

Tyreek has already proven himself an elite receiver in this league. Yes, his speed will decline at some point, but if he continues to improve as a receiver then his ceiling is Antonio Brown.

You don't let Antonio Brown walk over a few million a year . . . .

Coochie liquor 08-27-2018 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN (Post 13695269)
The quarterback makes the receiver, not the other way around. Look what Pat did for Albert Wilson, got him a fat contract from one game. Franchise tag Hill for a year or 2 and give Pat the big contract. He will make average receivers into stars.

So Eli has made ODB??

notorious 08-27-2018 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 13695278)
And this is why all the experts shouldn't have all went crazy about the 48 million Watkins got from the Chiefs. Cooks and now OBJ got significantly more. From day one I've liked the Watkins deal. Is there risk in it? Sure, but dame it opens up the field for three of our home grown play makers and gives our young franchise QB another dynamic target.

OBJ has produced significantly more. The Cooks deal was as stupid as the Watkins deal.

SAUTO 08-27-2018 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13695238)
Last I read he was wanting 80 mil guaranteed. Damn though, that's crazy.

ive heard he wants 80 PERCENT guaranteed which would actually be around 92 guaranteed in my scenario.

he also wanted 25 per so i believe both sides have conceded some.

5 year 115 million 85 guaranteed is what im guessing.

and i broke my ****ing phone, shoot me a text so i can get your number again please lol

Hog's Gone Fishin 08-27-2018 03:14 PM

I think the way hill is built ,his body type, we're going to get a lot of productive years out of him. Maybe he'll be nice enough to take one for the team at about 16 mil

FAX 08-27-2018 03:23 PM

Guys, this is FAX and this is off topic ... and, I mean, very ... (I selected this thread because it seems pretty active). Here's the deal ...

Apparently, I need a convo with one of the Planet's fabulously talented mods. I've been looking all over the site in an effort to find a thread thing that leads to modland but have been unsuccessful in the attempt.

My problem has to do with the site failing to recognize that I've "whitelisted" my ad blocker of choice. This causes a notification that pops up near the upper banner (on reload/refresh) which forces the page to jump around. Although oddly fascinating, the effect results in brain confusion since I can't tell if I'm having a seizure or simply experiencing the initial stages of a psycho-chemical flashback.

How, pray tell, can one contact a fabulously talented mod person who can explain how I might address this issue? Thanks in advance for your support in this matter.

FAX THE SEIZURE AVERSE

The Franchise 08-27-2018 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 13695404)
Guys, this is FAX and this is off topic ... and, I mean, very ... (I selected this thread because it seems pretty active). Here's the deal ...

Apparently, I need a convo with one of the Planet's fabulously talented mods. I've been looking all over the site in an effort to find a thread thing that leads to modland but have been unsuccessful in the attempt.

My problem has to do with the site failing to recognize that I've "whitelisted" my ad blocker of choice. This causes a notification that pops up near the upper banner (on reload/refresh) which forces the page to jump around. Although oddly fascinating, the effect results in brain confusion since I can't tell if I'm having a seizure or simply experiencing the initial stages of a psycho-chemical flashback.

How, pray tell, can one contact a fabulously talented mod person who can explain how I might address this issue? Thanks in advance for your support in this matter.

FAX THE SEIZURE AVERSE

PM one of the following:

DaFace
Sauto
Bowser
Bwana

Sauto is online right now.

FAX 08-27-2018 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13695407)
PM one of the following:

DaFace
Sauto
Bowser
Bwana

Sauto is online right now.

Perfect. Thanks, Mr. The Pest. I'm sure Mr. SAUTO will be getting back to me any moment on.

(Sorry for the interruption there, guys ... please carry on).

FAX

SAUTO 08-27-2018 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 13695425)
Perfect. Thanks, Mr. The Pest. I'm sure Mr. SAUTO will be getting back to me any moment on.

(Sorry for the interruption there, guys ... please carry on).

FAX

i sent you a pm back and reported the message so they could all see it.

mine does the same thing and i have no idea why,,,

Pasta Little Brioni 08-27-2018 07:19 PM

Lulz at O City

BossChief 08-27-2018 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAUTO (Post 13695236)

Miller got 115 when the cap was 155.

The cap is now 177...up 14% from when Von Signed.

Aaron Donald’s deal will get close to 130m with over 90 guaranteed.

That’s how these agents work.

NJChiefsFan 08-27-2018 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13695181)
I’d stand by my statement. Hill is ridiculous. Nobody acknowledges that more than I do. My position is well documented that not only is he operating on another plane of existence with speed but his hands and football IQ is so damn good it’s tremendous.

But I still don’t think you can pay a WR that kind of money. They just don’t impact enough plays and they’re too easy to neutralize. Hill may legitimately not be. But that begs the other question. When does his speed stop being transcendent? It’s almost assuredly going to be in the next 7 years (2 left on this contract and 5 extension - off the top of my head). Then we are left overpaying poor production.

I think you give stupid money to QBs. I don’t think you can give QB money to a WR.

And win anyway.

What we can afford or should be willing to give Hill will depend in part on our cap situation, depth, ect.

Potentially having a lot of tough choices in the future is a good thing though. Related to the WR discussion though, it is interesting to note that most SB winners as of late have not had monster WR's. Good ones for sure, but not really a lot of elite WR's winning the SB. I don't know that I think there is any correlation, unless cap hit is a factor.

Buehler445 08-27-2018 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 13696071)
What we can afford or should be willing to give Hill will depend in part on our cap situation, depth, ect.

Potentially having a lot of tough choices in the future is a good thing though. Related to the WR discussion though, it is interesting to note that most SB winners as of late have not had monster WR's. Good ones for sure, but not really a lot of elite WR's winning the SB. I don't know that I think there is any correlation, unless cap hit is a factor.

I’ve said it before, and I guess I’ll keep saying it. You need value. Good teams maximize production per unit salary. And I don’t see it with giant ass receiver.l contracts.

I’m pretty OK with a Watkins sized contract for Hill. Even stretched out to 5 (with probably less guranteed money in the last 2 years) but **** man. That’s about it.

NJChiefsFan 08-27-2018 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 13696078)
I’ve said it before, and I guess I’ll keep saying it. You need value. Good teams maximize production per unit salary. And I don’t see it with giant ass receiver.l contracts.

I’m pretty OK with a Watkins sized contract for Hill. Even stretched out to 5 (with probably less guranteed money in the last 2 years) but **** man. That’s about it.

With guys like Jones, Fuller, Mahomes, Kelce ect I feel like it would be really hard for us to give Hill a massive contract, even if we thought it was the right call. For us to keep all of those guys we may need either an early extension with a few or a fair-value contract or 2 where the player helps the franchise out for the greater good.

Buehler445 08-27-2018 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 13696080)
With guys like Jones, Fuller, Mahomes, Kelce ect I feel like it would be really hard for us to give Hill a major contract, even if we thought it was the right call.

Kelce may concuss himself out of a mega deal. And some of those other guys might play themselves out of a mega deal but I agree.

I’d probably rather give it to Hill than Kelce, but as long as those other guys aren’t wanting highest paid contracts in the league type stuff I agree.

If they all want to be market setters I think you let all but Mahomes walk. Unless he sucks.

Hill and Mahomes are probably the only guy there that has the potential to be the best at their positions. But I still wouldn’t give Hill a market setting deal.

TEX 08-28-2018 06:17 AM

Wow! He's an awesome talent, but pretty disruptive. I thought they might trade him to the Rams for next to nothing...

Red Dawg 08-28-2018 06:45 AM

Had any team ever won the SB after giving out a mega deal to any player? I can't think of one. Not even to a QB.

TEX 08-28-2018 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 13696197)
Had any team ever won the SB after giving out a mega deal to any player? I can't think of one. Not even to a QB.

Does Ray Lewis' contract count? It wasn't "mega" by todays standards, but was pretty big for the day. But I totally get your point.

notorious 08-28-2018 07:52 AM

I would never make my WRs or RBs the highest paid at their position in the league. About the only position I might is QB and LT. Rushing DE or LB is in a gray area, and he better be the second coming of LT and DT.

O.city 08-28-2018 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13696244)
I would never make my WRs or RBs the highest paid at their position in the league. About the only position I might is QB and LT. Rushing DE or LB is in a gray area, and he better be the second coming of LT and DT.

They'll only be the highest paid guy until the next guy gets paid.

BossChief 08-28-2018 07:58 AM

Quote:

So you’d let all of your high end talent walk?

notorious 08-28-2018 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13696252)

That's exactly what I said, Boss. EXACTLY.

Sigh.

O.city 08-28-2018 08:06 AM

The best thing to do or atleast try and do, is get to guys early and give them big deals but not crazy big deals. Once guys get to the point of betting on themselves and playing well, you're stuck.

notorious 08-28-2018 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13696264)
The best thing to do or atleast try and do, is get to guys early and give them big deals but not crazy big deals. Once guys get to the point of betting on themselves and playing well, you're stuck.

There you go.

Red Dawg 08-28-2018 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13696252)

Over paying skill players doesn't equal SB hopes. They are not what the team is built around. Ask Philly and the Pats who had none of them. QB, OL and DL are where money should be spent wisely.

O.city 08-28-2018 08:38 AM

Yeah, Philly def didn't just pay a WR and the Pats def didn't just pay a CB big free agent money.

Wait...

O.city 08-28-2018 09:42 AM

I also had no clue that the owners have to put this money in an escrow account when they sign a big player to a big deal? Is it like just the signing bonus?

RunKC 08-28-2018 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 13696297)
Over paying skill players doesn't equal SB hopes. They are not what the team is built around. Ask Philly and the Pats who had none of them. QB, OL and DL are where money should be spent wisely.

Packers paid Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams big money. Steelers paid Big Ben and AB, Vikings paid a fully guaranteed contract to Kirk Cousins and just paid Stefon Diggs, Falcons paid Matt Ryan and Julio Jones.

NJChiefsFan 08-28-2018 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13696457)
Packers paid Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams big money. Steelers paid Big Ben and AB, Vikings paid a fully guaranteed contract to Kirk Cousins and just paid Stefon Diggs, Falcons paid Matt Ryan and Julio Jones.

He specified that it didn't include QB's. If you look at SB winners you will find very few recently with mega WR's, especially those on mega contacts at the time. Correlation is a different discussion, but I do think it is a factor.

Although to be fair Julio should be on that list. Tough break.

O.city 02-18-2019 12:34 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Patriots?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Patriots</a> were aggressively trying to trade for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Giants?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Giants</a> WR Odell Beckham <a href="https://twitter.com/obj?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@obj</a> last season and he was close to be traded per <a href="https://twitter.com/CSimmsQB?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@CSimmsQB</a> on <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ProFootballTalk</a> <br><br>He adds the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Giants?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Giants</a> were listening to all offers and they were going to trade him<a href="https://t.co/TEmt1LalDO">pic.twitter.com/TEmt1LalDO</a></p>&mdash; Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1097560046593064960?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 18, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hoover 02-18-2019 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14112595)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Patriots?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Patriots</a> were aggressively trying to trade for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Giants?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Giants</a> WR Odell Beckham <a href="https://twitter.com/obj?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@obj</a> last season and he was close to be traded per <a href="https://twitter.com/CSimmsQB?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@CSimmsQB</a> on <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ProFootballTalk</a> <br><br>He adds the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Giants?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Giants</a> were listening to all offers and they were going to trade him<a href="https://t.co/TEmt1LalDO">pic.twitter.com/TEmt1LalDO</a></p>&mdash; Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1097560046593064960?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 18, 2019</a></blockquote>

I wonder how Brady would do with a WR like OBJ, I'm sure it would help, but dude can't throw the deep ball very well anymore.

-King- 02-18-2019 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14112598)
I wonder how Brady would do with a WR like OBJ, I'm sure it would help, but dude can't throw the deep ball very well anymore.

OBJ is one of the best YAC receivers in the league. He doesn't need to go deep to be great.

Chris Meck 02-18-2019 01:10 PM

Quote:

Well....better get ready. Hill's deal will probably top OBJ's. And while I normally would agree with you, not in this particular case.

TribalElder 02-18-2019 01:12 PM

OBJ kicks net and it hits him in the head.gif

Chris Meck 02-18-2019 01:15 PM

If I were the Giants, I don't think I would've done this. I would've tried like hell to trade him to like...the Colts or something. Someone with a stud QB in place, close to being SB ready but cap room that would take on something like OBJ and his salary.

I'm sure they DID try to do that. But on a team with no QB solution, in the middle of a rebuild...Nah. By the time they're really ready to compete for championships, that contract will be an albatross. And that's if all goes according to plan, which you know, it rarely does. They better get QB sorted ASAP.

displacedinMN 02-18-2019 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14112650)
He doesn't need to go deep to be great.

My wife said the same thing.

Thank you. I am 13.

Hammock Parties 02-18-2019 01:21 PM

The salary cap is going to be around $220 million when it's time for Hill and Mahomes to have record deals.

So if Mahomes signs for $30 million per and Hill signs for $20 million per, you're looking at 23% of the cap wrapped up in two players.

That's not that big a deal.

The Chiefs had 21% of their cap wrapped up in Houston and Watkins this season.

pugsnotdrugs19 02-18-2019 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14112675)
The salary cap is going to be around $220 million when it's time for Hill and Mahomes to have record deals.

So if Mahomes signs for $30 million per and Hill signs for $20 million per, you're looking at 23% of the cap wrapped up in two players.

That's not that big a deal.

The Chiefs had 21% of their cap wrapped up in Houston and Watkins this season.

Mahomes is going to get $40M per barring unforeseen circumstances. Not arguing your point but just saying, he’s not gonna fake that much less than Rodgers who gets $33.5M.

Hammock Parties 02-18-2019 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14112680)
Mahomes is going to get $40M per barring unforeseen circumstances. Not arguing your point but just saying, he’s not gonna fake that much less than Rodgers who gets $33.5M.

So it goes up to 27%

I think that's still fine, and $220 is a conservative estimate.

RunKC 02-18-2019 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14112680)

I bet Mahomes gets a 6 year deal starting after his 4th season of his rookie contract keeping him here through 2026. I also bet that Veach will backload the shit out of it.
Matt Ryan got $94.5 million of his guarantees at signing. Mahomes will likely get $130 million when he puts pen to paper.

Still gonna be around $34 million average since it’s backloaded.

Tyreek being the highest paid would be at least $19 million average and Chris Jones will be getting at least $19 million average as well, maybe a little more to compete with Aaron Donald.

And you wonder why I’m not wanting to just hand out $15 million average a year to a guy like Kendall Fuller who wasn’t a top 10 player at his position?

Money be tight dawg

pugsnotdrugs19 02-18-2019 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14112741)
I bet Mahomes gets a 6 year deal starting after his 4th season of his rookie contract keeping him here through 2026. I also bet that Veach will backload the shit out of it.
Matt Ryan got $94.5 million of his guarantees at signing. Mahomes will likely get $130 million when he puts pen to paper.

Still gonna be around $34 million average since it’s backloaded.

Tyreek being the highest paid would be at least $19 million average and Chris Jones will be getting at least $19 million average as well, maybe a little more to compete with Aaron Donald.

And you wonder why I’m not wanting to just hand out $15 million average a year to a guy like Kendall Fuller who wasn’t a top 10 player at his position?

Money be tight dawg

I never said give Fuller $15M? No ****ing way.

But I’d see if he’ll take $8-10M right now.

Sassy Squatch 02-18-2019 02:02 PM

It's not happening. WR might be the position we need the least amount of help at, outside of QB of course. It'd be absolutely foolish to tie up resources in OBJ.

Hammock Parties 02-18-2019 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14112749)
It's not happening. WR might be the position we need the least amount of help at, outside of QB of course. It'd be absolutely foolish to tie up resources in OBJ.

wut?

no one wants to trade for him.

Chris Meck 02-18-2019 02:06 PM

yeah, no.

Sassy Squatch 02-18-2019 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14112752)
wut?

no one wants to trade for him.

O.city was banging the table for that all offseason. You know he's hoping.

JakeF 02-18-2019 02:22 PM

Stupid giants

RunKC 02-18-2019 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14112747)
I never said give Fuller $15M? No ****ing way.

But I’d see if he’ll take $8-10M right now.

Don’t think he’d take that deal TBH. Probably wants big money like his brother.

Buehler445 02-18-2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14112598)

Tom Brady's roided up arm today is better than Eli's since OBJ got there.

pugsnotdrugs19 02-18-2019 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14112807)
Don’t think he’d take that deal TBH. Probably wants big money like his brother.

Potentially so, and that’s fine. Wouldn’t extend him for more just yet. But I’d definitely be trying to right now at the right price.

chiefsplanetfan 02-18-2019 11:00 PM

I wouldn't pay him a $1

BossChief 02-19-2019 12:50 AM

Not at all advocatong for it, but could you imagine this offense with OBJ/Hill/Watkins/Kelce on it, with Mahomes throwing the ball?

Who cares about the defense with a completely unstoppable offense like that?