ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Shattering Myths: The Chiefs second half offensive failures (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313165)

jaa1025 01-11-2018 01:29 PM

Shattering Myths: The Chiefs second half offensive failures

Easier to read by going to the link on arrowhead pride but the spoiler tag has the article.

Click Me

As expected, it wasn't the play calling except for 1 play call. It was execution by a few players and some bad play from the QB position with decisions and inaccuracy. It wasn't all on Alex but he deserves a lot of the blame IMO. He didn't lose this game on his own but he certainly didn't do anything to win this game and that's why we drafted Mahomes. QB won't fix all the problems with this team going forward as there are significant upgrades that need to be made, mostly on defense, both coaching and aging players. Great QB's often overcome mistakes that we saw in the 2nd half. Brady, Rodgers, Brees don't lose that game with the same playcalls and I'd argue a handful of other QB's don't lose that game either.

Spoiler!

pugsnotdrugs19 01-11-2018 01:32 PM

What I've been trying to say all week... far too much blame put on Reid/Nagy.

New World Order 01-11-2018 01:33 PM

QB Cuckening confirmed

Ming the Merciless 01-11-2018 01:34 PM

yep. anyone who was paying attention could see that it was poor execution......we couldve won the game as called...if the players executed.

This is beyond opinion and simply factual at this point.

Sure maybe we could have done 'better' with another game plan / play calls..that isnt the point here.... we couldve & shouldve WON with what we went with, had only we executed better...

bottom line

Mike in SW-MO 01-11-2018 01:54 PM

Shhhhhh.

It was all the play calling. Alex was GREAT!

He is totally worth a 1st round draft pick and more. ; )

crayzkirk 01-11-2018 02:16 PM

Unfortunately, it happens in a lot of sports. i was never at the level of professionals however I can remember bowling leagues where one team would start out really strong and then when the other team started to get hot, couldn't find a way to get a strike or spare.

I think we forget that these are people, Hill had just suffered a family loss, Kelce got targeted and Jones injured. Once the Tightens started mounting a comeback, it turned into a perfect storm that included fluke plays, bad decisions and from what I could tell, poor effort.

I believe this is why the Chiefs struggle so much when they are favored; there's no pressure when you are the underdog. They can't handle success.

rabblerouser 01-11-2018 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13354148)
What I've been trying to say all week... far too much blame put on Reid/Nagy.

Then it's on Alex to audible into a ****ing running play?

A good, quick hitting one. Like an ISO. not a R/PO.

Ffs.

rabblerouser 01-11-2018 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike in SW-MO (Post 13354207)
Shhhhhh.

It was all the play calling. Alex was GREAT!

He is totally worth a 1st round draft pick and more. ; )

(Especially Cleveland's)

keg in kc 01-11-2018 03:05 PM

The only myth that needs to be shattered is treating Arrowhead Pride like it has some kind of journalistic value.

Hammock Parties 01-11-2018 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 13354385)
The only myth that needs to be shattered is treating Arrowhead Pride like it has some kind of journalistic value.

The article is right.

There were ZERO screens called. The ONLY sideways pass was Alex taking a checkdown. And Alex had open receivers down the field.

Go look at the All 22 yourself if you doubt so.

jaa1025 01-11-2018 03:20 PM

Quote:

He does a fabulous breakdown of the all 22. And each play, some of his breakdown and some of Baldingers breakdown (links in the article) are in there to see. With the all 22, you can see the entire field and see open WR's, missed block, an open hole that the RB missed, happy feet etc. It's not opinion...you can see it all for yourself. He does offer his opinions in the article but also presents the evidence so you can make your own conclusions.

Yes, a lot of their articles are no different than any other blog website out there...but the all 22 articles by Seth Keysor are legit.

Easy 6 01-11-2018 03:21 PM

Quote:

Eh, thats not really fair IMO... some of those guys really do their homework and it shows in their pieces, like this one

arrwheader 01-11-2018 03:23 PM

Exactly. All the bickering back and forth about what the problem is and it comes down to the QB. If there’s a better qb than Smith back there we win that game despite all the other flukey BS. I bet we win that game of mahomes was back there but I get why some would disagree with that. Alex Smith is holding this team back and the Chiefs have got to move on.

keg in kc 01-11-2018 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13354397)
The article is right.

There were ZERO screens called. The ONLY sideways pass was Alex taking a checkdown. And Alex had open receivers down the field.

Go look at the All 22 yourself if you doubt so.

Alex Smith is always going to do what Alex Smith does when those plays are called in that situation, especially when his blankie is sidelined with a concussion. So why put the ball in his hands in the first place, knowing as we allllll do, that the first half was the aberration, that he almost never plays like that for four quarters.

That is why the problem was the play calling. Those plays were never going to be executed by him at that point. So they never should have been called in the first place.

At the end of the day it's all Andy Reid. He's the reason we have Smith in the first place, and he's the one with more than a decade's history of abandoning the run game in the most meaningful and damaging situations.

The only way we ever get beyond his limitations as a HC is if Mahomes turns into Aaron Rodgers. Because Andy is a bizarro-world passing-obsessed Marty Schottenheimer and the only thing that can overcome that is the arrival of a Joe Montana level talent behind center.

Coaching lost that game and no amount of sports blogging is going to change my mind about that, although I enjoy the effort.

Hammock Parties 01-11-2018 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 13354491)
Alex Smith is always going to do what Alex Smith does when those plays are called in that situation, especially when his blankie is sidelined with a concussion. So why put the ball in his hands in the first place, knowing as we allllll do, that the first half was the aberration, that he almost never plays like that for four quarters

So you wanted the Chiefs to go FULL Martyball, when Kareem Hunt was getting shut down.

ROFL

If the Chiefs had just caught passes, or if Alex had made ONE throw at the end of the game, or if Butker had made his FG they probably would have won.

So, so, so not Andy Reid's fault.

2bikemike 01-11-2018 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13354500)
So you wanted the Chiefs to go FULL Martyball, when Kareem Hunt was getting shut down.

ROFL

If the Chiefs had just caught passes, or if Alex had made ONE throw at the end of the game, or if Butker had made his FG they probably would have won.

So, so, so not Andy Reid's fault.

You forgot the part about if the Defense would have made just one frigging stop in the 2nd Half!

Shag 01-11-2018 04:24 PM

These two crucial 3rd down plays really exemplify why Smith is what he is. In both cases, simply step up into the pocket, keep your eyes downfield, and you likely convert both times. So frustrating. Mahomes looks like he will excel at exactly this.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">6th play (3rd and 13). Note the routes. Fisher isn&#39;t great, but Alex HAS to step up and survey here. Instead, he bails and gets caught. Wilson (middle of field) is 1st down there if Alex just waits. But sure, tell me more about playcalling. <a href="https://t.co/D8Hmvh1Fzf">pic.twitter.com/D8Hmvh1Fzf</a></p>&mdash; Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/950590512704184325?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 9, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Play 20: 3rd and 9. Coverage is decent. Would need to hit Hill on the out right out of his break to beat the S OR get some mustard on it. Easier throw to Hunt on an in (bottom of screen) to get close to the maker. Alex completely loses his presence vs zero real pressure. <a href="https://t.co/uYG9zQSghy">pic.twitter.com/uYG9zQSghy</a></p>&mdash; Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/950825874294702080?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 9, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TimBone 01-11-2018 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crayzkirk (Post 13354252)
I think we forget that these are people, Hill had just suffered a family loss, Kelce got targeted and Jones injured. Once the Tightens started mounting a comeback, it turned into a perfect storm that included fluke plays, bad decisions and from what I could tell, poor effort.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e38f6f2bbb.gif

There is no way that's an autocorrect. Wtf happened there, bro?

Mama Hip Rockets 01-11-2018 06:08 PM

The best running back in the NFL had 11 carries in the whole game, despite the fact, that the Chiefs had a double-digit lead for almost the entire game. That's poor playcalling.

Hammock Parties 01-11-2018 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 13354937)
The best running back in the NFL had 11 carries in the whole game, despite the fact, that the Chiefs had a double-digit lead for almost the entire game. That's poor playcalling.

The best RB in the NFL was getting shut down.

He had a 16-yard run and averaged 2.6 YPC on the other 10.

crayzkirk 01-11-2018 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 13354909)
There is no way that's an autocorrect. Wtf happened there, bro?

Intentional misspelling of Titans. From Megamind movie. Seemed appropriate. Makes the Chiefs failure seem a bit less disheartening.

Mama Hip Rockets 01-11-2018 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13354939)
The best RB in the NFL was getting shut down.

He had a 16-yard run and averaged 2.6 YPC on the other 10.

I wouldn't call 3.8 YPC "shut down." Plus, it's not all about YPC. It's about running out clock, keeping your defense off the field, grinding out tough yards, and wearing the other defense out. Throwing three straight short passes/incompletions when you're up by two or three scores does nothing but open up the floodgates for a comeback.

hitchief 01-11-2018 06:16 PM

once again with the all22.

Any douche can go thru a game and find plays were even Brady screws up or Rodgers. Its just plain stupid to be looking at the plays from above when the players on the field don't see it that way. Don't know why some of you idiots don't get that. They don't have a helmet cam that shows everything like that and does this guy tell us what the progression was? Got to know that cause every play has a progression, which most don't also seem to understand, so even if a wr breaks open he may not bee seen due to the progression. This is basic stuff but not in this place.

Hammock Parties 01-11-2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 13354950)
I wouldn't call 3.8 YPC "shut down." Plus, it's not all about YPC. It's about running out clock, keeping your defense off the field, grinding out tough yards, and wearing the other defense out. Throwing three straight short passes/incompletions when you're up by two or three scores does nothing but open up the floodgates for a comeback.

Andy Reid didn't tell Smith to check it down, dude. Nor did he drop the passes.

I can't BELIEVE there are people on here advocating for Martyball. Reid is damned no matter what he does.

JENKINSWINS 01-11-2018 06:21 PM

Yet Brees won because his defense was able to stop the dynamic Cam Newton who didn’t even give their offense a chance to make a game winning play by taking a sack. Sorry this has no validity. Brady lost to Eli how many times? Rodgers had a chance to get his team into the playoffs and choked.

Hammock Parties 01-11-2018 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitchief (Post 13354960)
even if a wr breaks open he may not bee seen due to the progression.

This isn't going through a progression.

https://i.imgur.com/dXywgr3.gif

This is even less progressive.

https://i.imgur.com/Fnbmi5z.gif

That's a bunch of ****ing bullshit that loses playoff games.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-11-2018 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitchief (Post 13354960)
once again with the all22.

Any douche can go thru a game and find plays were even Brady screws up or Rodgers. Its just plain stupid to be looking at the plays from above when the players on the field don't see it that way. Don't know why some of you idiots don't get that. They don't have a helmet cam that shows everything like that and does this guy tell us what the progression was? Got to know that cause every play has a progression, which most don't also seem to understand, so even if a wr breaks open he may not bee seen due to the progression. This is basic stuff but not in this place.

That's stupid as ****. It should easier to see some of those guys open from where Smith is. Harris and Wilson both flashed in front of his face. As the QB, surely to God he knows what the routes are before the play happens. You should be able to anticipate those openings.

The guy decided to try to scramble for yards, which he failed at, as opposed to giving one of his receivers a chance to make a play. Hell, not even that. Just a simple catch.

And DO NOT give me some bullshit response about how they might drop the pass. If they do, then ok, that's their fault. But it's the QBs job to give them the chance.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-11-2018 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 13354968)
Yet Brees won because his defense was able to stop the dynamic Cam Newton who didn’t even give their offense a chance to make a game winning play by taking a sack. Sorry this has no validity. Brady lost to Eli how many times? Rodgers had a chance to get his team into the playoffs and choked.

Do you think the Saints even have that lead if not for Drew Brees making tons of plays throughout the game? LMAO

Hammock Parties 01-11-2018 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 13354968)
Yet Brees won because his defense was able to stop the dynamic Cam Newton

The Panthers scored more points than the Titans.

Brees put up 31, including 10 in the second half, and threw for more yards on the opening drive of the third quarter than Smith did the entire second half.

Please stop, you're embarrassing yourself.

JENKINSWINS 01-11-2018 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13354985)
Do you think the Saints even have that lead if not for Drew Brees making tons of plays throughout the game? LMAO

He also threw an int that gave them a chance to lose the game but his defense stepped up in the final seconds. Do the Titans have to make a comeback if it wasn’t for Smith making plays?

TigeRRUppeRRcut 01-11-2018 06:27 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IwrYkvqXc9s?rel=0&amp;start=45" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pasta Little Brioni 01-11-2018 06:28 PM

Quote:

:clap: These dudes posing as professionals are a damn joke

Easy 6 01-11-2018 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 13354950)

Lotta truth here, you cant LET teams shut you down... gotta keep grinding, it pays off eventually

JENKINSWINS 01-11-2018 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13354989)
The Panthers scored more points than the Titans.

Brees put up 31, including 10 in the second half, and threw for more yards on the opening drive of the third quarter than Smith did the entire second half.

Please stop, you're embarrassing yourself.

You can’t be serious, it still came down to the defense at the end for Brees and the offense for Cam Newton. The point is the Saints defense came up with a play when it counted not Brees.

Easy 6 01-11-2018 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 13354998)

Man, Klemcko at Sports Illustrated doesnt know the difference between fazed and phased

Just looking around at the state of sports journalism these days, I'd put the top guys at AP over some of the so called pros... its not like sportswriting takes a PhD in Genius

TimBone 01-11-2018 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crayzkirk (Post 13354947)
Intentional misspelling of Titans. From Megamind movie. Seemed appropriate. Makes the Chiefs failure seem a bit less disheartening.

Oh, haha...I guess I'll buy that.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-11-2018 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13355007)
Man, Klemcko at Sports Illustrated doesnt know the difference between fazed and phased

Just looking around at the state of sports journalism these days, I'd put the top guys at AP over some of the so called pros... its not like sportswriting takes a PhD in Genius

I agree with that, but this particular dude tries too hard and fails miserably.

JENKINSWINS 01-11-2018 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13354999)
Lotta truth here, you cant LET teams shut you down... gotta keep grinding, it pays off eventually

How do you keep the defense off the field when the other team is dominating them with long drives? Ried didn’t make adjustments and went into panick mode as he often does. He had no answers for what the Titans were doing on both sides. Kelce going down didn’t help much either. Even the great Tom Brady struggled when he lost his super star tight end for a while this season.

JENKINSWINS 01-11-2018 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigeRRUppeRRcut (Post 13354994)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IwrYkvqXc9s?rel=0&amp;start=45" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This shatters this thread.

Hammock Parties 01-11-2018 06:44 PM

Dan Patrick wouldn't know what his own dick was if it slapped him upside the head.

He's an old, lazy, clueless talking head.

Hammock Parties 01-11-2018 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 13355002)
You can’t be serious.

JenkinsLOSES

Hammock Parties 01-11-2018 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13355007)

Dan Cheaptrick hasn't watched a second of All 22 film from that Chiefs game.

RunKC 01-11-2018 06:48 PM

So the Alex only fans are blaming Andy now?

Good. Alex won’t be with him next year. Fixed that problem!

JENKINSWINS 01-11-2018 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13355057)
JenkinsLOSES

That’s what I thought. Can’t cone back with something good enough. According to everyone here Cam Newton lost that game and Drew Brees didn’t win that game if you’re using the same logic you use against Alex.

Hammock Parties 01-11-2018 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 13355082)
That’s what I thought. Can’t cone back with something good enough. According to everyone here Cam Newton lost that game and Drew Brees didn’t win that game if you’re using the same logic you use against Alex.

Alex is welcome to receive my fellatio when he puts up 31 points and 376 yards passing in a playoff game.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-11-2018 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13355065)

Everyone seems to want to blame Andy in the media/radio game.. some will throw Nagy's name in there too even though he seems to get more of a pass.

It's bullshit IMO. If Andy deserves blame for anything, it's not making Sutton adjust his schemes. The offense was schemed fine, per usual.

JENKINSWINS 01-11-2018 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13355065)

No. Sports media is blaming him. Google it, look on YouTube, or look at the video posted on this thread.

JENKINSWINS 01-11-2018 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13355089)
Everyone seems to want to blame Andy in the media/radio game.. some will throw Nagy's name in there too even though he seems to get more of a pass.

It's bullshit IMO. If Andy deserves blame for anything, it's not making Sutton adjust his schemes. The offense was schemed fine, per usual.

This is something I can kind of agree with. Sutton should’ve been questioned mid season when his defense wasn’t getting it done. Whatever change they made towards the end of the season was gone in the second half.

Easy 6 01-11-2018 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 13355019)
How do you keep the defense off the field when the other team is dominating them with long drives?

You want an honest answer?

PRESSURE

Garbage QB Mariota would've wilted like a daisy under the broiler, he couldnt have found his ass with both hands under real pressure at Arrowhead

They had to come back from 18 down on the road, and you prevent that with PRESSURE... sure some bum like him will hit here and there on a lucky pass, but you play run blitz pressure on a running (bad passer) QB

TigeRRUppeRRcut 01-11-2018 07:13 PM

Gee I wonder why people are blaming Andy... It's not like he has a history of choking. - CP

JENKINSWINS 01-11-2018 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13355126)
You want an honest answer?

PRESSURE

Garbage QB Mariota would've wilted like a daisy under the broiler, he couldnt have found his ass with both hands under real pressure at Arrowhead

They had to come back from 18 down on the road, and you prevent that with PRESSURE... sure some bum like him will hit here and there on a lucky pass, but you play run blitz pressure on a running (bad passer) QB

Wow, an honest answer that didn’t involve a player that’s not on the field when the other offense is. Thank you and I agree that would’ve been effective against the Titans lower than average offense.

suzzer99 01-11-2018 07:16 PM

Anyone think maybe Reid's practices are too soft and that's why we fade in the second half? That was the knock on Herm.

I'll hang up and listen.

RunKC 01-11-2018 07:18 PM

Fact: Andy had a winning playoff record until he started working with Alex Smith.

JENKINSWINS 01-11-2018 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 13355142)
Anyone think maybe Reid's practices are too soft and that's why we fade in the second half? That was the knock on Herm.

I'll hang up and listen.

Gruden got the Bucs over the hump and Kerr did the same with the Warriors. You could be on to something.

Sandy Vagina 01-11-2018 07:25 PM

It's over, folks. One or two plays go KC's way? and they win. Didn't happen.

Shake it off, and move on. Too much outrage.. you'd think people here actually expected to win through the playoffs. :shrug:

JENKINSWINS 01-11-2018 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Vagina (Post 13355161)

Shake it off, and move on. Too much outrage.. you'd think people here actually expected to win through the playoffs. :shrug:

Yup, not with that defense and Kelce probably ruled out. Any news on his injury?

Sandy Vagina 01-11-2018 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 13355164)
Yup, not with that defense and Kelce probably ruled out. Any news on his injury?

Have heard nothing of Kelce, but just assumed he would have plenty of time now to recover from the concussion.

JENKINSWINS 01-11-2018 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Vagina (Post 13355184)
Have heard nothing of Kelce, but just assumed he would have plenty of time now to recover from the concussion.

He’s been concussed a lot if my memory serves me right. Hope he’s not plagued with a concussion filled career. He’s the best tight end in the game when he’s not letting his emotions get the best of him.

BigRedChief 01-11-2018 07:52 PM

Quote:

professional or not, he makes a good argument and backs it up with evidence to support his thesis.

ChiefsCountry 01-11-2018 07:54 PM

It's going to be so nice to get rid of these loser Alex Smith fans.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 01-11-2018 08:01 PM

Quote:

I really enjoy when Geoff Schwartz critiques their breakdowns.
Fanside is definitely the worst of them all tho.

jaa1025 01-11-2018 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 13355211)

Hopefully they follow him to Cleveland.

iDeaL 01-11-2018 08:22 PM

Quote:

This is true, and I have pretty much shaken off the loss and do want to move on, but many people are still advocating for Alex to return. I don't think that's moving on. That's wanting to rehash this again next year. Its madness. If we bring Alex back at $17mil, where are we going to find enough money to improve in other areas? Berry will help but he can't do everything. Keeping Alex around would be staying with the status quo, which has shown not to be enough in these last few seasons. Status quo is another one and done in the playoffs.

JENKINSWINS 01-11-2018 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iDeaL (Post 13355281)
This is true, and I have pretty much shaken off the loss and do want to move on, but many people are still advocating for Alex to return. I don't think that's moving on. That's wanting to rehash this again next year. Its madness. If we bring Alex back at $17mil, where are we going to find enough money to improve in other areas? Berry will help but he can't do everything. Keeping Alex around would be staying with the status quo, which has shown not to be enough in these last few seasons. Status quo is another one and done in the playoffs.

Who’s saying Alex should be around? All I see is a bunch of people putting the loss on him. Making the change needs to happen but improving isn’t guaranteed like your saying it is. One and done in the playoffs could still be the status quo.

NJChiefsFan 01-11-2018 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 13355048)
This shatters this thread.

Andy deserves plenty of blame but he wasn't the only person involved in that 2013 debacle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 13355094)
No. Sports media is blaming him. Google it, look on YouTube, or look at the video posted on this thread.

Sports media is also blaming Alex, so what's your point here?

Quote:

Easy to do when you are not emotionally attached having bounced from a different team and have not confirmed an intention of being a Chiefs fan only in the future. Not hard to figure out why we can't shake it off vs you.

And no, despite the pain, I don't prefer your alternative.

"Only if you have been in the deepest valley, can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain." - Richard M. Nixon

Pasta Little Brioni 01-11-2018 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigeRRUppeRRcut (Post 13355226)
I really enjoy when Geoff Schwartz critiques their breakdowns.
Fanside is definitely the worst of them all tho.

Most definitely.

Reerun_KC 01-11-2018 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 13355211)

Yes please.

Mama Hip Rockets 01-11-2018 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13355086)
Alex is welcome to receive my fellatio when he puts up 31 points and 376 yards passing in a playoff game.

January 4, 2014

44 points, 378 pass yards, 57 rush yards, 4 TD, 0 INT

SAUTO 01-11-2018 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13355086)

He already did i think

TigeRRUppeRRcut 01-11-2018 10:06 PM

ROFL

Hammock Parties 01-11-2018 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 13355450)
January 4, 2014

44 points, 378 pass yards, 57 rush yards, 4 TD, 0 INT

And if you review my posts around that time, I gave him some mild fellatio.

Pity he couldn't get it up again.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 01-11-2018 11:09 PM

I remember you giving him fellatio for this throw to ice the game

https://j.gifs.com/W7WQEg.gif

Hammock Parties 01-11-2018 11:13 PM

Yep. Another wasted season.

JENKINSWINS 01-11-2018 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13355582)
Yep. Another wasted season.

Pretty decent season considering all the injuries. Losing Ware was huge especially with Hunt being an unknown. Eric Berry going down had a major impact on the defense. Hill being transformed into a deep threat WR and going into the season not having a true #1 (letting Maclin go). Who knew it was going to work? Conley goes down which set the offense back a little. Then Kelce goes down after dominating the Titans at a home playoff game. Wasted? Maybe just un****ing lucky or cursed.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 01-11-2018 11:47 PM

It's for those reasons about injuries that I really like the winner of Saints /Vikings this weekend.

Would love to see Tom Brady or Ben lose to one of those two.

Hammock Parties 01-12-2018 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 13355619)
Pretty decent season considering all the injuries. Losing Ware was huge especially with Hunt being an unknown. Eric Berry going down had a major impact on the defense. Hill being transformed into a deep threat WR and going into the season not having a true #1 (letting Maclin go). Who knew it was going to work? Conley goes down which set the offense back a little. Then Kelce goes down after dominating the Titans at a home playoff game. Wasted? Maybe just un****ing lucky or cursed.

You're a rube.

Titty Meat 01-12-2018 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 13354158)
yep. anyone who was paying attention could see that it was poor execution......we couldve won the game as called...if the players executed.

This is beyond opinion and simply factual at this point.

Sure maybe we could have done 'better' with another game plan / play calls..that isnt the point here.... we couldve & shouldve WON with what we went with, had only we executed better...

bottom line

How much do you out on Smith? Game was clinched if Butter hits that FG. Shit if Charles catches it too. Had Kelce been in that's a touchdown.

Coogs 01-12-2018 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13355651)
How much do you out on Smith? Game was clinched if Butter hits that FG. Shit if Charles catches it too. Had Kelce been in that's a touchdown.

How do you figure it's clinched? That makes it 24-10. Titans score 2 more TD's. 24-24 most likely. Down 22-21 Smith couldn't make it happen. Probably doesn't at 24 all either.

HemiEd 01-12-2018 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 13354937)

They mentioned the two same plays I have brought up numerous times.

Hunt runs for nine, leaving third and one. QB read option gets stuffed.

I just can't rewatch the game past that point.

crayzkirk 01-12-2018 07:35 AM

One thing that wasn't mentioned about the Saints/Panthers game is how the Saints defense bent and didn't break for four field goals. If the Chiefs had bent instead of broken on any one of those second half drives, the Chiefs would have won. For some reason, this team seems to lose key players at the exact wrong time in games.

The Titans took out Kelce, doubled Hill and stacked the line to stop Hunt. I'm pretty sure that I've read on this board that the way to beat the Chiefs is to make Smith throw the difficult passes (mid-range). It appeared to me during the game that Alex gave up too early and left a couple of clean pockets in the second half. Where did that WTF attitude go?

I still don't understand why they don't run more play action or bring the sausage into the backfield and simply use him for a lead block on those short yardage plays. Teams stacking the box are taking a big risk because if a hole opens, the running back is gone.