ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Jack Reacher (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=324998)

Ubeja Vontell 09-10-2019 12:22 AM

Jack Reacher

I discovered Lee Childs Jack Reacher stories about 10 years ago, what a great read. Usually we find Reacher hitch hiking, as he wanders the USA, somebody will eventually pick him up despite having a hulkish look at 6-6 260ish. And our story begins.

When I heard there was going to be a movie, yep, excited. But........Tom Cruise? How can the 5-8 170 (guessing) sell the huge Jack Reacher? In the stories the size of Reacher is a constant, we get it.....big bad hombre. Tom Cruise a big bad hombre......nay!

X pro rassler/current actor Dave Batista.....perfect.

If a movie is based on a literary character why not stay as close as possible to the story?

I guess the worst casting job ever was John Wayne as Ghanghis Ghan, What were they thinking?

Fishpicker 09-10-2019 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14438361)
I guess the worst casting job ever was John Wayne as Ghanghis Ghan, What were they thinking?

ha ha what? no.
BTW... the characters name is Temujin

I feel this Tartar woman is for me, and my blood says, take her. There are moments for wisdom and moments when I listen to my blood; my blood says, take this Tartar woman.

Easy 6 09-10-2019 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 14438370)
ha ha what? no.
BTW... the characters name is Temujin

I feel this Tartar woman is for me, and my blood says, take her. There are moments for wisdom and moments when I listen to my blood; my blood says, take this Tartar woman.

Wasn’t Temujin his actual name?

RockChalk 09-10-2019 07:40 AM

Well they've made two Jack Reacher films so far. First one cost $60m and it made $218m. Second one cost anywhere from $60-96m (depending on who you believe) and it made $162m.

So yes, Tom Cruise can sell the character. If they had cast Dave Bautista back in 2012, nobody would have given a shit and a second movie would have never been made.

Ubeja Vontell 09-10-2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 14438503)
Well they've made two Jack Reacher films so far. First one cost $60m and it made $218m. Second one cost anywhere from $60-96m (depending on who you believe) and it made $162m.

So yes, Tom Cruise can sell the character. If they had cast Dave Bautista back in 2012, nobody would have given a shit and a second movie would have never been made.

I seriously doubt most people know who Jack Reacher is. To those of us into the books (I own all of them) having Tom Cruise play the monstrous Jack Reacher was ridiculous.

Have Cruise play Thor, Conan, it would be the same thing.

No Cruise can't sell the character, IF you know who the character is. Bautista would have been perfect.

The physical presense of Reacher is a huge part of the story. Without that going on it's not a Jack Reacher story.

RockChalk 09-10-2019 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14438977)
I seriously doubt most people know who Jack Reacher is. To those of us into the books (I own all of them) having Tom Cruise play the monstrous Jack Reacher was ridiculous.

Have Cruise play Thor, Conan, it would be the same thing.

No Cruise can't sell the character, IF you know who the character is. Bautista would have been perfect.

The physical presense of Reacher is a huge part of the story. Without that going on it's not a Jack Reacher story.

Cool. Stick to the books then, because you are the type of reader which movie versions will never be correct to you. Avid readers often imagine actors playing the roles as they read through books, making their judgment as to who should play them in movie versions biased. As you've read through the Jack Reacher series, you already envisioned his character as being played by Bautista. There's nothing wrong with that, but in the Year 2012, I'm telling you that very few people would have traveled to a theater to watch Bautista in a Jack Reacher movie.

And you aren't even considering that it's quite unlikely the movie gets green-lit by a studio unless Cruise or another big name is attached. In 2011-12, Bautista was only known as being an on/off again wrestler.

Ubeja Vontell 09-10-2019 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 14439062)
Cool. Stick to the books then, because you are the type of reader which movie versions will never be correct to you. Avid readers often imagine actors playing the roles as they read through books, making their judgment as to who should play them in movie versions biased. As you've read through the Jack Reacher series, you already envisioned his character as being played by Bautista. There's nothing wrong with that, but in the Year 2012, I'm telling you that very few people would have traveled to a theater to watch Bautista in a Jack Reacher movie.

And you aren't even considering that it's quite unlikely the movie gets green-lit by a studio unless Cruise or another big name is attached. In 2011-12, Bautista was only known as being an on/off again wrestler.

I'm a big fan of Robert E. Hiowards CONAN, also own all those books. When it came to the movies, they nailed it. Jack Reacher just as big as Conan, imagine Cruise as CONAN.

I never thought of anyone playing Reacher in a movie until I saw Cruise, which was actually comical.

You never get very far in any of the novels before you read something about the size of Reacher, it is a constant in all the stories, very important you get....big bad ass here.

Think of a Batman movie without all his gadgets and toys. Same thing.

Long after the movies then I thought how Bautista would have been a perfect fit.

RockChalk 09-10-2019 12:23 PM

There's good new for you, then. Cruise isn't Jack Reacher anymore. They are actually rebooting it into a TV series.

kc rush 09-10-2019 12:39 PM

I've read a lot of the Reacher books and was pissed that Cruise was playing him. Cruise owned the rights, so I guess he gets to cast himself.

I always pictured Adam Baldwin when reading the books.

Ubeja Vontell 09-10-2019 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc rush (Post 14439146)
I've read a lot of the Reacher books and was pissed that Cruise was playing him. Cruise owned the rights, so I guess he gets to cast himself.

I always pictured Adam Baldwin when reading the books.

Every Reacher fan I have talked to feels like we do, as you know the size of Reacher a big part of the stories. Without that size thing going on, it's not really a Jack Reacher story.

Adam Baldwin?

kc rush 09-10-2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14439161)
Every Reacher fan I have talked to feels like we do, as you know the size of Reacher a big part of the stories. Without that size thing going on, it's not really a Jack Reacher story.

Adam Baldwin?

Probably too old to play Reacher now. He was in Full Metal Jacket, Firefly, Chuck and The Last Ship.

https://chucktv.net/wp-content/uploa...5_ABaldwin.jpg

BigRichard 09-10-2019 02:26 PM

I always pictured The Rock as Jack Reacher. Thought he would fit the part to a T.

Hydrae 09-10-2019 03:03 PM

Adam Baldwin would be a very good choice for Reacher.

I completely agree with the OP in that I love the Reacher books and was shocked when I heard Cruise was going to play the main character. For this very reason I have not seen either of the movies and probably won't.

I will disagree with using Bautista in the role though. Too jacked. Reacher is a big man but nothing makes him sound like a body builder type. Liam Neeson would be a great fit!

Hydrae 09-10-2019 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 14439121)
There's good new for you, then. Cruise isn't Jack Reacher anymore. They are actually rebooting it into a TV series.

Ah, something to look forward too then. I will have to look for that when it comes out.

EDIT: I looked and see that it will be an Amazon Prime show. Then I saw something about Bosch. I had now idea that existed. I just finished the latest Connelly Harry (Hieronymus) Bosch book. Anyone know if this show is any good before I check it out?

Ubeja Vontell 09-10-2019 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc rush (Post 14439169)
Probably too old to play Reacher now. He was in Full Metal Jacket, Firefly, Chuck and The Last Ship.

https://chucktv.net/wp-content/uploa...5_ABaldwin.jpg

I can see that, didn't know his name, he's big enought.

Ubeja Vontell 09-10-2019 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 14439314)
I always pictured The Rock as Jack Reacher. Thought he would fit the part to a T.

Reacher was 100% white, as we know that isn't The Rock.

Hard to believe but Johnson's dad Rocky Johnson was more buffed out than Dwayne is. Dad tag teamed with Tony "Mr.USA" Atlas.

Ubeja Vontell 09-10-2019 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrae (Post 14439388)
Adam Baldwin would be a very good choice for Reacher.

I completely agree with the OP in that I love the Reacher books and was shocked when I heard Cruise was going to play the main character. For this very reason I have not seen either of the movies and probably won't.

I will disagree with using Bautista in the role though. Too jacked. Reacher is a big man but nothing makes him sound like a body builder type. Liam Neeson would be a great fit!

Both movies are outstanding, I highly recommend them.

I do think it was pretty much...."most won't have any idea who Jack Reacher is, while everyone knows who Tom Cruise is".....bottom line $$$$$$$ of course.

kc rush 09-10-2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14439596)
Both movies are outstanding, I highly recommend them.

I do think it was pretty much...."most won't have any idea who Jack Reacher is, while everyone knows who Tom Cruise is".....bottom line $$$$$$$ of course.

I didn't like either movie, but I have an admitted anti-TC bias.

kc rush 09-10-2019 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrae (Post 14439391)
Ah, something to look forward too then. I will have to look for that when it comes out.

EDIT: I looked and see that it will be an Amazon Prime show. Then I saw something about Bosch. I had now idea that existed. I just finished the latest Connelly Harry (Hieronymus) Bosch book. Anyone know if this show is any good before I check it out?

I've read only a couple of the Bosch books (which I enjoyed). Love the Amazon series. It's really well done.

Ubeja Vontell 09-10-2019 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc rush (Post 14439623)
I didn't like either movie, but I have an admitted anti-TC bias.

So what is a good movie in your opinion?

kc rush 09-10-2019 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14439572)
I can see that, didn't know his name, he's big enought.

6'4", so close enough for Hollywood

kc rush 09-10-2019 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14439626)
So what is a good movie in your opinion?

In this genre, I'd say Heat. Haven't thought too much about it and would have to come up with a list.

neech 09-10-2019 10:29 PM

Typical Jack Reacher novel, he thumbs a ride on the interstate where he comes across bad people involved in some sort of crime in a town in somewhere USA.

And then Reacher starts the body count one by one by any and all means available.

I've read most of the books and really like the stories.

Ubeja Vontell 09-10-2019 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neech (Post 14440472)
Typical Jack Reacher novel, he thumbs a ride on the interstate where he comes across bad people involved in some sort of crime in a town in somewhere USA.

And then Reacher starts the body count one by one by any and all means available.

I've read most of the books and really like the stories.

I was at a yard sale about 10 years ago looking at the books.

old lady.....you ever read Lee Child?
Me....don't think so.
old lady....he writes about a big guy like you, Jack Reacher.
Me....sounds good to me.

Bought all she had which was six but (as I found out later) not KILLING FLOOR the first Reacher novel. I must start at the beginning, just a thing with me. It took me a few months before finding KILLING FLOOR this was at a thrift shop.

You into James Lee Burke?

Deberg_1990 09-11-2019 11:25 AM

First Jack Reacher film was outstanding. Throwback to classic action films with more realism and zero CGI.

The 2nd one was blah...

Sorry 09-11-2019 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14441247)
First Jack Reacher film was outstanding. Throwback to classic action films with more realism and zero CGI.

The 2nd one was blah...

Yeah first one was really entertaining.

neech 09-11-2019 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14440492)
I was at a yard sale about 10 years ago looking at the books.

old lady.....you ever read Lee Child?
Me....don't think so.
old lady....he writes about a big guy like you, Jack Reacher.
Me....sounds good to me.

Bought all she had which was six but (as I found out later) not KILLING FLOOR the first Reacher novel. I must start at the beginning, just a thing with me. It took me a few months before finding KILLING FLOOR this was at a thrift shop.

You into James Lee Burke?

From what I've read on jack Reacher books you can start about any of the books there doesn't seem to be any real order to them though Killing Floor would be a great starter book.

I never read his books, what can you tell me about what he writes?

Ubeja Vontell 09-11-2019 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neech (Post 14442167)
From what I've read on jack Reacher books you can start about any of the books there doesn't seem to be any real order to them though Killing Floor would be a great starter book.

I never read his books, what can you tell me about what he writes?

I always start at the beginning and then the search is on which I enjoy.

It took me about five years to accumulate all the Robert E. Howard's "Conan" saga, same with ERB "John Carter on Mars" epic. Both with about a dozen books.

I think this would work better than me trying to explain things.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Reacher

kc rush 09-12-2019 03:44 PM

I'd say Killing Floor is the best place to start, but as long as you have a fundamental understanding of the character you can read any of the books and be fine. There seems to be occasional referrals to characters or events from other books, but it doesn't seem to get in the way.

Deberg_1990 12-02-2021 09:04 PM

New Jack Reacher series on Amazon. This guy certainly looks the part.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GSycMV-_Csw" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BigRichard 12-03-2021 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15987461)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GSycMV-_Csw" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I actually like the looks of it... maybe a little cheesy but I can deal with it.

Baby Lee 02-04-2022 02:15 PM

Never had anything to do with this platform, not out of choice but out of obliviousness. Not read any books, not seen any movies, . . . but the new series seems off to a promising start.

Sure, it's a potpourri of recycled tropes, but it's blended and balanced well.

Helps knowing the material is based on existing canon, not some seat-of-the-pants adaptation.

Kind of like watching an airport novel.

OKchiefs 02-04-2022 11:06 PM

Almost finished with the season. I’ve read most of the books, this guy definitely fits the part.

If you like Jack Reacher I recommend taking a look at The Terminal List coming out in April on Amazon Prime. Jack Carr is a former Navy Seal and has walked the walk so the series is like a more accurate/realistic Jack Reacher.

listopencil 02-05-2022 01:25 PM

Watched the first episode. It was fun, enjoyable. I'll give the series a try.

keg in kc 02-05-2022 07:42 PM

Not familiar with the books but enjoying the series. I'd say it's standard Amazon quality, comparable to Goliath or Bosch or Jack Ryan.

Easy 6 02-05-2022 08:03 PM

Amazon
Disney +
Netflix
Hulu
HBO
Paramount +
This one
That one
The other one

You can't just buy a decent cable package, and occasionally go to the movies to see anything worthwhile anymore... the future is here, and I hate its guts

OKchiefs 02-05-2022 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 16132553)
Amazon
Disney +
Netflix
Hulu
HBO
Paramount +
This one
That one
The other one

You can't just buy a decent cable package, and occasionally go to the movies to see anything worthwhile anymore... the future is here, and I hate its guts

Well, cable you had to pay a premium for a bunch of channels you may not even watch.

I have a Verizon unlimited plan so Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ are all included for free.

I watch Netflix the most often so it's well worth the cost for me.

Amaon Prime means free shipping so that's well worth the price.

I happen to have "free" cable/internet through my HOA. Not truly free since clearly some of the HOA fees go towards the cost, but I do pay an extra $20 a month for increased 500/500 speeds.

So long story short I have Netflix, Hulu, ESPN+, Disney+, Amazon Prime, and basic cable all for not that much. I can watch whatever I want with far more options than I used to have back in the day watching Satellite TV growing up in my parents' house. I can watch what's live on Cable or watch countless TV programs or movies on demand streaming. If there is a TV show on HBO Max or Paramount + or some other network I can get a one month subscription to binge watch the show and whatever else may be of interest before the month expires and I cancel my membership.

Idk, doesn't sound all that bad to me.

mr. tegu 02-05-2022 10:36 PM

I’ve finished four episodes so far. It’s really good. Funny moments, intriguing, and suspenseful.

BigRedChief 02-05-2022 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 16132642)
I’ve finished four episodes so far. It’s really good. Funny moments, intriguing, and suspenseful.

Wife insisted to keep binging. 5 episodes in. Well done TV. Interesting, suspense is good. Twists are not TV stupid. Funny when it tries. Worth the time so far.

InChiefsHeaven 02-06-2022 06:34 AM

I just by chance watched the movie (with Tom Cruise) yesterday. Never seen any Jack Reacher stuff before, but I did like the movie. I think I'll give this series a spin for sure.

lawrenceRaider 02-06-2022 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 16132553)
Amazon
Disney +
Netflix
Hulu
HBO
Paramount +
This one
That one
The other one

Meh, I like the choice of paying for content that I actually want to see without being forced to subsidize crap channels on cable that I literally never watched.

I get HBO Max included in my ATT Fiber, Amazon Prime I pay for just to get the fast shipping, so any video content is a bonus. All the other streaming services I sign up for and watch when they have somthing I'm actually interested in watching, then cancel when I finish.

Much, much, much better than cable. I might spend $30/month on streaming options with a much broader seletion than I ever got for cable, and that crap starts at like $80/month now.

kc rush 02-06-2022 08:16 AM

Watched through it all in one day.

Enjoyed it overall, thought it was cheesy in some places.

I need to reread Killing Floor now since there was a lot that I had forgotten.

Bowser 02-06-2022 09:21 AM

This show isn't breaking new ground as BL said, but it is enjoyable.

Urc Burry 02-06-2022 09:35 AM

It took a bit to not see Reacher as Thad Castle, but once I took him more seriously it was a good quick watch

Buehler445 02-06-2022 09:12 PM

It was a pretty good watch. I laughed at a shitton of the wisecracks from Reacher.

I was REALLY was not expecting this out of Roscoe.

Image: Not Safe for Work
NSFW Image

Hooo boy.

BigRichard 02-07-2022 06:19 AM

I stayed up till about 2am last night watching all of these. I like them and is much more in line with what Jack Reacher was instead of Tom Cruise Jack Reacher.

listopencil 02-07-2022 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 16133729)
It was a pretty good watch. I laughed at a shitton of the wisecracks from Reacher.

NSFW Image

Hooo boy.

I knew it was going to happen at some point by the way she was playing the character. Which reminds me; just about all of the acting in this is enjoyable. It's like watching an ensemble of character actors. Fun stuff. I'm even willing to overlook the horrible job some of them are doing of faking a Southern accent.

BigRedChief 02-08-2022 08:14 AM

Quote:

NSFW Image

Hooo boy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 16133963)
I knew it was going to happen at some point by the way she was playing the character. Which reminds me; just about all of the acting in this is enjoyable. It's like watching an ensemble of character actors. Fun stuff. I'm even willing to overlook the horrible job some of them are doing of faking a Southern accent.

Got some perky ones. Needs to go into the next ranked celebrity one.

keg in kc 02-08-2022 02:09 PM

Renewed.by Amazon for a 2nd season

Zebedee DuBois 02-09-2022 08:36 AM

Enjoyable watch, if a bit formulaic

Spoiler!

RockChalk 02-09-2022 08:50 AM

Binged it in a day. Enjoyed it.

Wonder which book they'll follow for S2

listopencil 02-09-2022 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 16137041)
Enjoyable watch, if a bit formulaic

Spoiler!

Yeah. I noticed that. There is definitely some cheese in this sandwich but it's still tasty.

WhawhaWhat 02-10-2022 06:34 PM

This show is an 80s action movie stretched into 8 TV episodes and it's awesome. Give me some kickass fight scenes, tits just because and a few explosions and that's all you need.

RockChalk 02-11-2022 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 16139392)
This show is an 80s action movie stretched into 8 TV episodes and it's awesome. Give me some kickass fight scenes, tits just because and a few explosions and that's all you need.

We really are a simple species

listopencil 02-13-2022 10:33 AM

Too bad Ubeja never lived to see this air. RIP

Bump 02-19-2022 05:40 PM

I watched the 1st episode last night, liked it. I was like is that ****ing Thad Castle? yes it is

lawrenceRaider 02-21-2022 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 16137261)
Yeah. I noticed that. There is definitely some cheese in this sandwich but it's still tasty.

Which pretty much describes the novels to a T.

I really, really enjoyed the whole thing, especially the exposition in the finale. So many shows just totally skip, or barely gloss over that stuff these days.

Amazing job by Amazon.

DJ's left nut 02-21-2022 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 16155770)
Which pretty much describes the novels to a T.

I really, really enjoyed the whole thing, especially the exposition in the finale. So many shows just totally skip, or barely gloss over that stuff these days.

Amazing job by Amazon.

Yup.

Extremely cornball between gratuitously violent.

So....just like the books.

The problem with the books and why I eventually stopped reading them is that they're just awfully repetitive. Same thing every book. Oh sure, some difference in the details, but every story is basically the same.

Makes for a good limited serious and probably even a few seasons of it, but it does have a shelf life.

DJ's left nut 02-21-2022 02:02 PM

Quote:

Hooo boy.

My mind's eye impression of Roscoe was hotter. And for some reason a brunette.

Essentially Jessica Biel.

But Amazon Roscoe had a fantastic ass, so she's got that going for her. The rest was fairly underwhelming.

lawrenceRaider 02-22-2022 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16156057)
Yup.

Extremely cornball between gratuitously violent.

So....just like the books.

The problem with the books and why I eventually stopped reading them is that they're just awfully repetitive. Same thing every book. Oh sure, some difference in the details, but every story is basically the same.

Makes for a good limited serious and probably even a few seasons of it, but it does have a shelf life.

Same for me, I think I only read maybe three of them. Still, I'll be grateful for a couple three more seasons from Amazon like the first one.

BWillie 02-22-2022 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15987461)

No Tom Cruise. No 5'7'' man. May watch.

DJ's left nut 02-22-2022 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 16157159)
Same for me, I think I only read maybe three of them. Still, I'll be grateful for a couple three more seasons from Amazon like the first one.

I think I read 4, but the 4th was mostly a grudge match between me and the book.

InChiefsHeaven 02-22-2022 12:27 PM

Wife and I watched it Sunday. It was fun. Not particularly deep, though the plot got a bit confusing with all the running around that went on, NY, Atlanta...**** I dunno, all over the place...ya gotta be willing to turn your brain off and just enjoy the ride. It's a good time. It's no Jack Ryan that's for sure, but it's really not supposed to be.

Although I have to laugh, guys are always willing to challenge that dude to a fight...in reality, I think paid or not these dudes would be like...ah...no...

Sure-Oz 02-23-2022 08:38 AM

Fun show that I'll keep watching. I liked Alan Ritchson in Titans too.

Lzen 02-28-2022 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven (Post 16157403)
Although I have to laugh, guys are always willing to challenge that dude to a fight...in reality, I think paid or not these dudes would be like...ah...no...

Right? I thought the same thing. Maybe when Tom Cruise played the character in the movies, it was somewhat believable. This guy, though, is a huge man. Nobody is going to be willing to do that with him.

Baby Lee 05-18-2022 10:10 PM

Next season will adapt

Spoiler!

Buehler445 11-07-2023 10:09 AM

Directly into my veins, please.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tC-rRhQcnlI?si=G0DOIjL5mT4gGFJp" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BigRichard 11-07-2023 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 17214581)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tC-rRhQcnlI?si=G0DOIjL5mT4gGFJp" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This looks fantastic. I absolutely loved the Jack Reacher books. I did like the Tom Cruise movies but they were not Jack Reacher movies. This is a Jack Reacher show.

DJ's left nut 11-07-2023 10:49 AM

Quote:

Is that Alan Tudyk or just someone that looks a lot like him? Don't see him listed in the cast.

In either event, I like the twist. Like I said, my complaint with the novels was how repetitive they got and frankly there just wasn't any character development. They're empty calories.

But this is an interesting plot development; always like a 'getting the band back together' bit...

UteChief 11-07-2023 12:57 PM

Reacher doesn’t need character development.

lawrenceRaider 11-07-2023 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16299556)
Next season will adapt

Spoiler!

That's cool. I only read the first 3 or so of the books, so will be new territory for me. Enjoyed watching scenes in the first season and recognizing them from the books, but will be good to get fresh material.

UteChief 11-07-2023 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 17214855)
That's cool. I only read the first 3 or so of the books, so will be new territory for me. Enjoyed watching scenes in the first season and recognizing them from the books, but will be good to get fresh material.

I feel like the books have fallen off since Andrew Child has taken the mantle. He’s changed Reacher a bit.

Sure-Oz 11-07-2023 02:57 PM

Can't wait. Really enjoyed season 1

Bowser 11-07-2023 05:54 PM

Quote:

https://m0.joe.ie/wp-content/uploads...hell-yeah1.gif

Bump 11-07-2023 05:58 PM

loved the 1st season, even watched it twice. Thad Castle is the best Reacher no doubt

also my favorite scene of season 1, love when the legs come down like you know what's about to happen

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6uc9rgacybI?si=sNXb1WnZljuRhEa_" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RockChalk 11-08-2023 09:22 AM

LETS ****ING GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

dlphg9 11-08-2023 01:01 PM

I saw this thread and decided to watch it. I love this shit. Alan Ritchson is a big bad mofo lol.

Sure-Oz 11-08-2023 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 17215748)
I saw this thread and decided to watch it. I love this shit. Alan Ritchson is a big bad mofo lol.

I first saw him on Titans on the old DC platform and liked his character on that too

RockChalk 12-05-2023 06:34 AM

Not of huge significance, but apparently Season 2 is dropping a bit earlier than previously announced. First 3 episodes drop on 12/14 at 7pm EST now.

Sure-Oz 12-05-2023 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 17261799)
Not of huge significance, but apparently Season 2 is dropping a bit earlier than previously announced. First 3 episodes drop on 12/14 at 7pm EST now.

Excellent