ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Predator Reboot (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=335169)

Tribal Warfare 11-21-2020 07:45 PM

Predator Reboot

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Director of the just announced <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Predator?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Predator</a> reboot, Dan Trachtenberg, reveals he&#39;s been working on the project for four years!<a href="https://t.co/ItacWhliVb">https://t.co/ItacWhliVb</a> <a href="https://t.co/LahwYTRTAx">pic.twitter.com/LahwYTRTAx</a></p>&mdash; Screen Rant (@screenrant) <a href="https://twitter.com/screenrant/status/1330189166756421639?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 21, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Prey?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Prey</a> will have a Comanche dub when it releases: <a href="https://t.co/tkuIvUZNmr">https://t.co/tkuIvUZNmr</a></p>&mdash; The Illuminerdi (@The_Illuminerdi) <a href="https://twitter.com/The_Illuminerdi/status/1550303795518664704?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 22, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

PurpleJesus28 11-21-2020 07:59 PM

I am a huge fan of Predator and Predator 2.The last movie they did,i thought was not very good.I think they should leave the original alone,they just can't recreate that time and actors.But who knows,maybe it'll be better than expected.

Cheater5 11-21-2020 08:02 PM

It. Will. Blow.

And quickly be forgotten

Deberg_1990 11-21-2020 08:08 PM

This is similar to the whole Terminator franchise. There’s just no juice left.

They keep spending gobs of money on these things and there’s just not enough demand anymore.

O.city 11-21-2020 08:16 PM

Just don’t make it crazy like the last couple

First one was awesome

DaneMcCloud 11-21-2020 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15339969)
This is similar to the whole Terminator franchise. There’s just no juice left.

They keep spending gobs of money on these things and there’s just not enough demand anymore.

Content lives forever

PurpleJesus28 11-21-2020 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15339984)
Just don’t make it crazy like the last couple

First one was awesome

I'll even watch AvP and Predators,but the first one is a whole nother animal,probably cause of Arnold and the cast.

Frazod 11-21-2020 10:54 PM

:shake:

Shoes 11-21-2020 11:05 PM

I just don’t know how you can out do the original.

Deberg_1990 11-21-2020 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoes (Post 15340213)

You can’t.

Stryker 11-22-2020 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28 (Post 15339996)
I'll even watch AvP and Predators,but the first one is a whole nother animal,probably cause of Arnold and the cast.

This. Carl Weathers, Arnold, the guy with the chain gun that kept shaving with a plastic BIC. The Indian that got Mortal Kombated on the log bridge - Jesse Ventora - CAN NOT reproduce this classic!

Tribal Warfare 11-22-2020 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryker (Post 15340259)
This. Carl Weathers, Arnold, the guy with the chain gun that kept shaving with a plastic BIC. The Indian that got Mortal Kombated on the log bridge - Jesse Ventora - CAN NOT reproduce this classic!

Jesse Ventura and Bill Duke

srvy 11-22-2020 02:24 AM

The bic dude was Mac played by Bill Duke.

srvy 11-22-2020 02:27 AM

The Predator along with Alien should not be treaded upon its sacrilegious.

Frazod 11-22-2020 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 15340334)
The Predator along with Alien should not be treaded upon its sacrilegious.

Boy that's no shit. Especially Alien. Everything after Aliens does not exist in to me. In my world, Ripley and Hicks married, adopted Newt, got a fat settlement from the company and lived happily ever after. :harumph:

CoMoChief 11-22-2020 09:12 AM

How many times are they going to reboot this movie...as well as Aliens.

Bowser 11-22-2020 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoes (Post 15340213)

It's not possible, same as with the first two Alien movies.

The original Predator was sci-fi perfection. The second was a severe drop-off but still worthy of existing imho. Everything after that and Aliens needs to be flushed down the memory hole. Reboot from there if you're going to reboot at all.

Frazod 11-22-2020 10:30 AM

The original Predator was fantastic. I loved the way they started it with a cartoonish Commando-style raid, then introduced a monster that picked all the badasses off one by one. That was an interesting spin.

Easy 6 11-22-2020 10:51 AM

Sorry to change the subject, but its about damn time the LONG AGO promised Conan sequel with Arnold was made

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5ZY2mRG5mzg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Frazod 11-22-2020 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15340704)
Sorry to change the subject, but its about damn time the LONG AGO promised Conan sequel with Arnold was made

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5ZY2mRG5mzg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Uh, no. Leave it the **** alone.

The original Conan, despite it's many flaws, is one of my all time favorites. The '84 sequel was an abomination, as was the Mamoa reboot.

I really don't think a geriatric Arnie battling bunch of CGI monsters would end up any better.

Deberg_1990 11-22-2020 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15340729)

The original Conan, despite it's many flaws, is one of my all time favorites. The '84 sequel was an abomination, as was the Mamoa reboot.

I really don't think a geriatric Arnie battling bunch of CGI monsters would end up any better.

What a great flick

“The secret of steel has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, Conan. You must learn its discipline. For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts.”

[Points to sword]

Conan's Father: “This you can trust.”

Easy 6 11-22-2020 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15340729)

Normally I'd agree here, but back when this rumor first got hot I read an interview with the producer (forgot his name), and he said they were doing everything possible to keep the old magic

If they manage to do that, I'd love to see the aged and grizzled old king by his own hand defend the kingdom one last time

rydogg58 11-22-2020 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15340634)
It's not possible, same as with the first two Alien movies.

The original Predator was sci-fi perfection. The second was a severe drop-off but still worthy of existing imho. Everything after that and Aliens needs to be flushed down the memory hole. Reboot from there if you're going to reboot at all.

Most of the Aliens sequels weren't that great, but I'll still watch them occasionally. With Prometheus and Covenant, however, I find that I enjoy them more if I try not to think of them as reboots. They're pretty good visually if you look at them more as "side universe" stories rather than reboots.

Same with the Predator movies. While the last Predator reboot was straight up trash, I actually like the AvP movies.

ThaVirus 11-22-2020 12:26 PM

I'll never not watch a new installment of a classic action franchise. Terminator, Predator, Alien.

But yeesh. They really need to get it right this time. The latest Predator reboot was absolute garbage.

Hammock Parties 11-22-2020 12:47 PM

I don't care to be honest, as long as they don't try to shove a recast Dutch/Dillon down our throats.

Any movie with a Predator in it is fun, even if it's bad.

Molitoth 11-22-2020 01:16 PM

Alien vs Predator was great imo.

Fishpicker 11-22-2020 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15340797)
Normally I'd agree here, but back when this rumor first got hot I read an interview with the producer (forgot his name), and he said they were doing everything possible to keep the old magic

If they manage to do that, I'd love to see the aged and grizzled old king by his own hand defend the kingdom one last time

the old magic isn't duplicable. 82CtB started with Oliver Stone creating a screenplay from an amalgam of the source material. (Conan & Kull) Robert E Howards' stories never made it to the point where Conan was King of Aquilonia. Milius isn't able to direct since his stroke. Ron Cobb (production designer) died a few months ago. nobody can replace all that talent behind the camera. movies aren't made that way anymore.

also the guy that purchased the rights to Conan is a real dick hole and very protective of the IP. He wont agree to anything without a huge check up front.

there's this though
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rwc2Tq0dt0c" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ThaVirus 11-22-2020 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 15341163)
Alien vs Predator was great imo.

I loved that series growing up. I own the first, enjoyed the second and even read a bunch of the novels back in my teenage years.

Frazod 11-22-2020 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15340797)

Old Arnie shooting guns is one thing. Old Arnie swinging that heavy ass Atlantean sword around like he did back in 1981 is quite another. I've got one hanging on my wall (authentic replica made by Marto, the Spanish sword makers who did weapons for the movie). You'd have be a beast to effectively use that thing for real, and while I'm sure he's still in great shape for his age, his age is 73. And while I'm sure they could bullshit around it, it would be bullshit.

DaneMcCloud 11-22-2020 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15341739)
Old Arnie shooting guns is one thing. Old Arnie swinging that heavy ass Atlantean sword around like he did back in 1981 is quite another. I've got one hanging on my wall (authentic replica made by Marto, the Spanish sword makers who did weapons for the movie). You'd have be a beast to effectively use that thing for real, and while I'm sure he's still in great shape for his age, his age is 73. And while I'm sure they could bullshit around it, it would be bullshit.

I ran into him a few years back and he was definitely "fit" but he wasn't anywhere near as pumped as he was in the 80's and 90's.

Also, there's not a chance in hell he's even a centimeter taller than 5'10.

But you're absolutely correct: If he was to take on the role of Conan, he'd need a "fake" sword, like a fake lightsaber, in order to "fight" onscreen.

Frazod 11-22-2020 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15341761)
I ran into him a few years back and he was definitely "fit" but he wasn't anywhere near as pumped as he was in the 80's and 90's.

But you're absolutely correct: If he was to take on the role of Conan, he'd need a "fake" sword, like a fake lightsaber, in order to "fight" onscreen.

Hmm. According to IMDb, he's 6'2". Of course, I've long since learned that you can't believe everything you read. :D

Easy 6 11-22-2020 03:55 PM

Well if Fishpicker is right an Arnie sequel ain't hattnin'

So you can both STOP SHITTING ALL OVER MY DREAMS!!!!!!... that Netflix series sounds promising, tho :)

Frazod 11-22-2020 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 15341198)
the old magic isn't duplicable. 82CtB started with Oliver Stone creating a screenplay from an amalgam of the source material. (Conan & Kull) Robert E Howards' stories never made it to the point where Conan was King of Aquilonia. Milius isn't able to direct since his stroke. Ron Cobb (production designer) died a few months ago. nobody can replace all that talent behind the camera. movies aren't made that way anymore.

also the guy that purchased the rights to Conan is a real dick hole and very protective of the IP. He wont agree to anything without a huge check up front.

there's this though
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rwc2Tq0dt0c" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah, there was some serious talent behind the original that made it work; that's what separated it from the other mostly lame ass films of that genre that were popular back then. Another key component was Poledouris's brilliant soundtrack, which IMO is the best ever.

All of those people (along with actors of the same caliber of James Earl Jones, Max von Sydow and William Smith) were absent from the second film, and it absolutely sucked balls.

DaneMcCloud 11-22-2020 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15341779)
Hmm. According to IMDb, he's 6'2". Of course, I've long since learned that you can't believe everything you read. :D

Yeah, he's lied about his height for years.

I'd seen him dozens and dozens of times on the Universal Lot (he used to park his giant yellow Hummer at the lot just off Barham and since he took up about 7 or 8 spaces, everyone knew when he was on the lot but I'd only seen him from a distance and not up close.

But when we were side-by-side at the old Palms steakhouse in West Hollywood, I was shocked to see that he was at least 3" shorter than me.

Frazod 11-22-2020 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15341841)
Yeah, he's lied about his height for years.

I'd seen him dozens and dozens of times on the Universal Lot (he used to park his giant yellow Hummer at the lot just off Barham and since he took up about 7 or 8 spaces, everyone knew when he was on the lot but I'd only seen him from a distance and not up close.

But when we were side-by-side at the old Palms steakhouse in West Hollywood, I was shocked to see that he was at least 3" shorter than me.

Stallone must be the size of an elf. LMAO

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod...1560091130.jpg

DaneMcCloud 11-22-2020 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15341846)
Stallone must be the size of an elf. LMAO

I've never run into him before but a good friend was a producer on one of his movies about 10 years ago.

This particular friend is 5'6ish and said that Stallone was the same exact height, which makes sense because Mr. T is 5'10 but towered over Stallone in Rocky III.

Deberg_1990 11-22-2020 04:38 PM

I’ve got a friend who does valet service sometimes. He says he’s stood next to Arnold and he’s only about 5’10”.

PurpleJesus28 11-22-2020 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15341913)
I’ve got a friend who does valet service sometimes. He says he’s stood next to Arnold and he’s only about 5’10”.

I've also heard that Arnold is shorter than he says,but i wonder if he's shrunk some over the years,he appeared to be fairly tall in his bodybuilding days.But as for Stallone,i imagine he is shorter than advertised or wears lifts.

Why Not? 11-24-2020 01:40 PM

Some of these classics with the incredible casts just can’t be remade. The Red Dawn remake was the worst thing I’ve ever seen.

Hammock Parties 11-24-2020 01:44 PM

Stallone is tiny LMAO

https://izismile.com/img/img2/200904...tallone_03.jpg

MahiMike 11-24-2020 02:24 PM

I feel like I'm watching predator every time I see dudes w/dregs in the NFL.

Frazod 11-24-2020 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 15349789)
Some of these classics with the incredible casts just can’t be remade. The Red Dawn remake was the worst thing I’ve ever seen.

Boy that's no shit. The U.S. invaded by North Korea? Give me a ****ing break. Maybe in the next reboot we'll get our asses kicked by Monaco. LMAO

DaneMcCloud 11-24-2020 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15349973)
Maybe in the next reboot we'll get our asses kicked by Monaco. LMAO

ROFLROFLROFL LMAOLMAOLMAO

Why Not? 11-24-2020 03:29 PM

LMAO
Quote:

Boy that's no shit. The U.S. invaded by North Korea? Give me a ****ing break. Maybe in the next reboot we'll get our asses kicked by Monaco. LMAO

Deberg_1990 11-24-2020 04:05 PM

Quote:

If I remember right, as filmed it was China. But then in post production , they went back and changed everything to North Korea to not offend China and their desirable box office numbers.

Frazod 11-24-2020 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15350068)
If I remember right, as filmed it was China. But then in post production , they went back and changed everything to North Korea to not offend China and their desirable box office numbers.

Yep. At great expense, too. Morons.

It still would have sucked had China been the invading power, but at least it would have been believable on its face.

ThaVirus 11-24-2020 06:33 PM

Quote:

LMAO

It's been quite a while since I watched it but didn't they team up with Russia?

Deberg_1990 11-24-2020 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15350100)
Yep. At great expense, too. Morons.

It still would have sucked had China been the invading power, but at least it would have been believable on its face.

Yea. The original works because it was at a specific point in history with two world superpowers.

It felt like the USSR could have done that for sure.

Valiant 12-01-2020 07:07 PM

It was supposed to be china. But shelved and edited as they didn't want to piss of the money being made there.

Valiant 12-01-2020 07:14 PM

For conan. I would like to see him as old man conan. He is now a ruler. And twinging in evil from power. He has his kids and they are trying to stop the rebels. Come to find out those are his brat kids also. Or we could see old man conan and his generals vs a great opposing force. Make is like a western.

For predator. I want a proper avp.

Have Dutch and the guy from predator 2 team up. They have been tracking incidents for decades. Barely missing them. Finally catch up to the predators battling it out against military and corporation. They die in the end to help defeat the predators and corporate mercs.

Something along those lines.

lawrenceRaider 12-04-2020 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15341761)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15341779)

People shrink as they age. Hell, I'm down an inch already at just age 45.

Not sure about 4" drop, but Arnold has put his spine through hell over the decades.

lawrenceRaider 12-04-2020 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15341739)

As long as they go the King Conan route, it could still be good.

Tribal Warfare 07-21-2022 08:31 PM

Updated OP

Gravedigger 08-05-2022 11:36 AM

Out today, 92% on RT with 136 critic reviews, 84% audience. Looking forward to watching this when I get home tonight!

Baby Lee 08-05-2022 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 16396299)
Out today, 92% on RT with 136 critic reviews, 84% audience. Looking forward to watching this when I get home tonight!

Now the reviews are coming in positive, and the narrative is 'wow, so much positivity doesn't ring legitimate to me . . . seems like every critic has an agenda.'

Chitownchiefsfan 08-05-2022 03:51 PM

On my phone so i can't embed but i generally agree with this guy's review. I'll probably watch it this weekend.

https://youtu.be/J-RkZUitNyc

Tribal Warfare 08-05-2022 06:49 PM

It was good till it got woke at the very very end

6/10

srvy 08-05-2022 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 16396843)
It was good till it got woke at the very very end

6/10

Pretty much my thoughts also I might even drop it to average that went off the rails near the end.

BigRedChief 08-05-2022 08:31 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Prey?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Prey</a> is currently at 96% on Rotten Tomatoes — based on 47 reviews ��<br><br>It is now the highest-rated Predator movie <a href="https://t.co/yBbeedOJI2">pic.twitter.com/yBbeedOJI2</a></p>&mdash; Culture Crave �� (@CultureCrave) <a href="https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1554929273386872834?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 3, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Fish 08-05-2022 10:47 PM

About what I expected. Mostly entertaining, but they went too far with the whole "Women can be warriors too!" thing. It got downright silly. Cinematography was well done.

Spoiler!

Gravedigger 08-06-2022 12:41 AM

It was good, won't knock the movie down because of one or two parts in the final fight that were unlikely. I might watch the cool parts again, but it's unlikely I'll watch the whole thing through again, it was fun, would've seen it in the theaters like I have all the other ones. Loved how primal and vicious the Predator was in this one, just an animal and really cool to see. They changed up his look a little too much when he had his helmet off, not sure why they want to change the iconic look, but this one looked like the redneck Hills Have Eyes deformed inbred third cousin of the original Predator.

Predator
Predators
Prey
Predator 2
AVP: Requiem
AVP
The Predator

Is how I would rank them personally. The last three are hit or miss, the only reason I liked Requiem is because it brought back the gore and made the Predator a badass again instead of one alien killing two predators, that was an unforgivable sin in my eyes in the first AVP. You can change out Prey for Predator 2, those were pretty much tied in my book. I could see them giving this franchise the Assassin's Creed video game treatment, now we'll just put a Predator in different time periods since this one worked.

Spoiler!

Hammock Parties 08-06-2022 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 16396985)
About what I expected. Mostly entertaining, but they went too far with the whole "Women can be warriors too!" thing. It got downright silly. Cinematography was well done.

gay shit

hard pass

Halfcan 08-06-2022 01:25 PM

:thumb:

Pretty decent show. The grizzly scene was pretty badass.

I would say the best one of the series next to the original.

ThaVirus 08-06-2022 04:32 PM

Predator Reboot

I thought it was an enjoyable movie all around. I liked the main character's ingenuity, her brother was a likable badass, and it had some brutal kills.

That fight between the Pred and Grizzly alone would have been worth the price of admission, especially the way it bathed itself in the bear's blood. ****ing awesome.

I can't say I agree with the 'woke' criticisms either. I didn't think the 'she's a girl' angle was overplayed.

Spoiler!

I hope this one does well on Hulu so we can get some more Predator through time action. I was Preds vs samurai, Aztecs, pirates, WWI, Civil War, etc.

Tribal Warfare 08-06-2022 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 16397479)
:thumb:

Pretty decent show. The grizzly scene was pretty badass.

I would say the best one of the series next to the original.

That's still Danny Glover/Gary Busey's Predator 2

Tribal Warfare 08-06-2022 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 16397610)
I thought it was an enjoyable movie all around. I liked the main character's ingenuity, her brother was a likable badass, and it had some brutal kills.

That fight between the Pred and Grizzly alone would have been worth the price of admission, especially the way it bathed itself in the bear's blood. ****ing awesome.

I can't say I agree with the 'woke' criticisms either. I didn't think the 'she's a girl' angle was overplayed.

Spoiler!

I hope this one does well on Hulu so we can get some more Predator through time action. I was Preds vs samurai, Aztecs, pirates, WWI, Civil War, etc.

Spoiler!

lawrenceRaider 08-06-2022 05:02 PM

I enjoyed it greatly. Easily best since the original.

ThaVirus 08-06-2022 05:15 PM

Predator Reboot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 16397618)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Tribal Warfare 08-06-2022 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 16397639)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

lawrenceRaider 08-06-2022 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 16397647)
Spoiler!

Oh, for ****s sake.

Spoiler!

Tribal Warfare 08-06-2022 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 16397655)
Oh, for ****s sake.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

ThaVirus 08-06-2022 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 16397647)
Spoiler!

That's the plot, bruv, but feel free to keep crying about it.

Tribal Warfare 08-06-2022 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 16397723)
That's the plot, bruv, but feel free to keep crying about it.

Not crying, you took issue with a different opinion with the rebuttal tactic that others used with the OBJ thread which was applied against you even

ThaVirus 08-06-2022 07:54 PM

Idk wtf you're talking about. You said the movie was woke, I disagreed, you disagreed, then I disagreed again.

Somewhere in the equation you started crying like a little girl.

Tribal Warfare 08-06-2022 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 16397639)
Spoiler!

You know which individuals use this type of response

ThaVirus 08-06-2022 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 16397759)
You know which individuals use this type of response

Someone who is legitimately curious if we watched the same movie..

You're crying about the final showdown as if every single Predator movie ever made didn't involve an obviously outmatched human managing to beat a Pred in a 1v1 situation.

This time it's a problem because.. *checks notes*.. she's a girl. OK then!

Tribal Warfare 08-06-2022 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 16397775)
Someone who is legitimately curious if we watched the same movie..

You're crying about the final showdown as if every single Predator movie ever made didn't involve an obviously outmatched human managing to beat a Pred in a 1v1 situation.

This time it's a problem because.. *checks notes*.. she's a girl. OK then!

That's a disingenuous statement, or you're part that of ilk who acts with a sense of superiority.

Ellen Ripley & Sarah Conner I had no problem with both hardened by their experience with their history which gave them knowledge and had help not pushing an agenda doing so with weaponry that could take it down.

ThaVirus 08-06-2022 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 16397786)
That's a disingenuous statement, or you're part that of ilk who acts with a sense of superiority.

Ellen Ripley & Sarah Conner I had no problem with both hardened by their experience with their history which gave them knowledge and had help not pushing an agenda doing so with weaponry that could take it down.

How is this chick any different?

She was hardened by her experience and used the knowledge she gained to beat the Predator with its own weaponry.

In case you didn't notice, she forced it to chop its own arm off with its shield, was going to spear it with its own combistick, and ultimately killed it with a shot from its own caster.

Tribal Warfare 08-06-2022 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 16397797)
How is this chick any different?

She was hardened by her experience and used the knowledge she gained to beat the Predator with its own weaponry.

In case you didn't notice, she forced it to chop its own arm off with its shield, was going to spear it with its own combistick, and ultimately killed it with a shot from its own caster.

Spoiler!

staylor26 08-07-2022 12:37 AM

I had my doubts, but this was good as ****. Main character was far from a Mary Sue.

The dog was awesome.