ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs If Reid refuses to fire Sutton... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320751)

ILChief 01-21-2019 11:25 AM

If Reid refuses to fire Sutton...

Should Clark fire Reid?

Obviously he wouldn’t, but should he?

Promote Toub to HC and let Bienemy run the offense?

Promote Bienemy to HC and let Kafka run the offense and keep Toub as ST?

Or let Andy keep Bob and likely repeat this same fate?

Hopefully Sutton is gone and this doesnt matter

Mecca 01-21-2019 11:25 AM

If Andy Reid won't fire Sutton then he is a complete moron.

Hoover 01-21-2019 11:28 AM

Non-Story

Bob's going to retire. Walk away. Announcement next week.

In58men 01-21-2019 11:28 AM

Reid is here to stay, his job is safe.

Sutton will be fired or he’ll resign.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01-21-2019 11:28 AM

Sutton better be gone! But then who do we choose to be DC?

Hawker007 01-21-2019 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14060563)

My 6 year old daughter is available and would be an upgrade.

RealSNR 01-21-2019 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14060558)
Non-Story

If this shit was decided in the regular season why wait a week?

Dunit35 01-21-2019 11:30 AM

Reid’s not going anywhere unless he wants to retire.

As Inmen and Hooversaid, Sutton’s gone and will retire.

Mecca 01-21-2019 11:33 AM

Some of you are way more confident than I am about this.

Reid has a history of refusing to fire bad assistants.

ILChief 01-21-2019 11:35 AM

Quote:

That's the downside to making this far. All the top defensive coordinators are gone. My fear is thud promote from within. We don't need a Sutton desciple

ILChief 01-21-2019 11:37 AM

Steve Spagunolo maybe? Was out of football this year. Spent several years with Reid in Philadelphia. Runs a 4-3

DRM08 01-21-2019 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 14060584)
That's the downside to making this far. All the top defensive coordinators are gone. My fear is thud promote from within. We don't need a Sutton desciple

Agreed 100%. They need a fresh start on defense with new blood.

ChiTown 01-21-2019 11:42 AM

Quote:

A rotting dead corpse would be equal to the current keeper of the Chiefs DC position.

He has no ****ing balls, no ****ing clue and no ****ing business being a DC in the NFL.

Scorpion05 01-21-2019 11:45 AM

You can fire the D-Coordinator. Doesn't change the fact that Andy Reid will always have his defense on the field gassed because he doesn't know how to ball control effectively He just believes in scoring as much as you can. But that's not a predictable variable. Offensive minded coaches sometimes neglect the defense. Just as defensive minded coaches sometimes neglect the offense. Look at Rex Ryan, look at Pete Carroll(who under utilizes a great QB in Wilson), then look at Chip Kelly(fail), Andy Reid (has never had a grind it out running game). Look at Peyton Manning for years, there's a reason he was called the regular season champ. Ironically both of his Super Bowl wins came FROM a running game with him not doing much.

Plenty of other examples but the point still stands. Ball control, balance, and toughness is what championships are about. Too many little kids watching games and whining thinking this is Fantasy football

Why Not? 01-21-2019 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14060577)

This. I 100% expect Sutton to be back.

Coochie liquor 01-21-2019 11:49 AM

Quote:

I’d lay money that it’s someone we already have.

crayzkirk 01-21-2019 11:49 AM

Coaches coach and players play. The coaching and execution was lacking. I would like a head coach that at least appears as interested in the defense as the offense. IMO, Reid is an excellent offensive coordinator and an average at best head coach. Not having either side of the ball ready for what the Patriots did to the Chargers is on the head coach.

ChiTown 01-21-2019 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14060577)

Oh, I'm sure Bob Sutton will be guiding this Chiefs D as long as Andy is here. Hell, Bob may do it from the grave......because Chiefs.

Fish 01-21-2019 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 14060607)
A rotting dead corpse would be equal to the current keeper of the Chiefs DC position.

He has no ****ing balls, no ****ing clue and no ****ing business being a DC in the NFL.

A cardboard cutout of Dick Butkus would be better than the geriatric moron we're paying now.

swifty32661 01-21-2019 11:59 AM

ROFL

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 14060634)
Oh, I'm sure Bob Sutton will be guiding this Chiefs D as long as Andy is here. Hell, Bob may do it from the grave......because Chiefs.

Bob Sutton AARP 01-21-2019 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14060550)
If Andy Reid won't fire Sutton then he is a complete moron.

hey now I resent that

New World Order 01-21-2019 01:04 PM

Clark should just fire Bob

bobhill 01-21-2019 01:05 PM

Fire this guy today on no waiting now

bowener 01-21-2019 01:11 PM

I will find Sutton and force feed him a turd if he doesn't leave this team alone and open the door for Romo to become our DC.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-21-2019 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14060570)
If this shit was decided in the regular season why wait a week?

Because the Chiefs are a "classy" organization, Archie! Are you seriously asking this question? When have the Clark's EVER been cutthroat?

The Chiefs are a lot like the old US/Soviet relations prior to Reagan. We are the "detente" of the NFL. We do not besmirch good names in the name of winning at all costs; only HEATHENS would do such a thing!

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-21-2019 01:43 PM

I mean ****; isn't ANYONE the least bit curious as to how Belicheat would have handled the Hunt affair? I sure as **** am.

BleedingRed 01-21-2019 01:45 PM

You get Rex Ryan, that way defense doesn't change but the guy calling the plays does.

The Scheme isn't the problem we have seen it be amazing for us before. The players are a slight issue.

What the real problem is, is ADJUSTING the scheme to the game was it is being played out.

Rex Ryan has beat the Patriots with a shitter offense in the playoffs in Toms House.

Sure, we don't have a Revis. But the Patriots WR's were not killing us from the outside.

Jerm 01-21-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14060936)
You get Rex Ryan, that way defense doesn't change but the guy calling the plays does.

The Scheme isn't the problem we have seen it be amazing for us before. The players are a slight issue.

What the real problem is, is ADJUSTING the scheme to the game was it is being played out.

Rex Ryan has beat the Patriots with a shitter offense in the playoffs in Toms House.

Sure, we don't have a Revis. But the Patriots WR's were not killing us from the outside.

He always came off as wayyyy more aggressive than Sutton as well...something I think we're sorely lacking.

BleedingRed 01-21-2019 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 14060941)
He always came off as wayyyy more aggressive than Sutton as well...something I think we're sorely lacking.

He is, and he never had Pass Rushers like he has here.

Rex Ryan designed the defense Bob is running, he was good at adjusting during games in NYJ and in BAL.

He designed exotic blitzs all the time, that from 09-11' really ****ed with the Patriots.

tyton75 01-21-2019 01:52 PM

I wouldn't be against the Rex Ryan idea. I'd prefer more of an attacking style though. Bend but don't break isn't the answer.. who cares if you break once in awhile is the upside is killing the QB and stopping the run.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but a Gunther style defense..

crayzkirk 01-21-2019 02:11 PM

Why is it that some coaches seem to be able to make chicken salad out of chicken shit and other coaches can't seem to get a group of highly paid athletes to make a stop or pick up a blitz or get open against single coverage?

LongSufferingToady 01-21-2019 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawker007 (Post 14060568)
My 6 year old daughter is available and would be an upgrade.

At this point I trust your daughter more than I trust Andy Reid. :)

LongSufferingToady 01-21-2019 02:16 PM

Quote:

Look to the college ranks for a DC?

Ken Bone 01-21-2019 02:25 PM

Reid should fire Bob Sutton but he won’t. I fully expect him back next season because 28 other NFL teams would’ve gladly traded their season for ours. Reid will say that the defense did enough to put us in a situation to win. And if not for a play here or a play there, they did.

BossChief 01-21-2019 02:29 PM

I’m also on the Rex Ryan bandwagon. That guy can coach a defense and wouldn’t require everyone to learn everything from scratch.

Chris Meck 01-21-2019 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14061090)
I’m also on the Rex Ryan bandwagon. That guy can coach a defense and wouldn’t require everyone to learn everything from scratch.

no more retreads. plus, Rex is a huge ego. we don't need that sort of drama. And also-it's the same scheme, we need change not more of the same.

ILChief 01-21-2019 03:10 PM

I doubt Rex is leaving his ESPN job for a coordinator job

ILChief 01-21-2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14060558)
Non-Story

Is this just your guess or do you have some inside info?

chiefzilla1501 01-21-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14061179)
no more retreads. plus, Rex is a huge ego. we don't need that sort of drama. And also-it's the same scheme, we need change not more of the same.

Yeah, not on the Rex Ryan train. Take a look at what Mario Williams said. Same stuff we bitch about. Not aggressive at all with pressure. And that's considering Ryan took over a very similar scheme as pettine. If we're staying a similar scheme I don't love or hate the idea of Mike Smith but injecting new blood into our assistants.

FringeNC 01-21-2019 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14060936)

And 2 of the 3 times he faced Tom Brady while with the Bills, he gave up 40+.

chiefzilla1501 01-21-2019 03:34 PM

Reason I might be open to Mike Smith... He seems insistent on coaching fundamentals over and over. And relentless film study to exploit matchups. A full year with him and id bet our defense would be playing aggressive as hell which is a big part of the battle. I don't know how he'd do with scheme. But coaching up our players is a huge upgrade for us. Again... Don't really love it or hate it.