ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones Thread (With Spoilers) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300316)

Skyy God 06-10-2016 11:47 AM

Game of Thrones Thread (With Spoilers)

There appears to be a fair bit of disagreement as to what constitutes a spoiler. E.g., speculation as to what happens in future episodes has been deemed to be a terrible, terrible spoiler.

I'll start. Ned dies in S1E09.

Bowser 06-10-2016 01:04 PM

Theon Greyjoy is Newhart's illegitimate son, but it's all a dream anyway

RustShack 06-10-2016 03:27 PM

Thank god. Hopefully BRC doesn't ruin this thread too.

SAUTO 06-10-2016 03:30 PM

Everyone sucks

listopencil 06-10-2016 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 12268996)
There appears to be a fair bit of disagreement as to what constitutes a spoiler. E.g., speculation as to what happens in future episodes has been deemed to be a terrible, terrible spoiler.

I'll start. Ned dies in S1E09.

You mother****er.

RustShack 06-10-2016 04:10 PM

The show ends with Bran really waking up from his coma.

unlurking 06-10-2016 04:21 PM

I think it should end with a crashing blackness, then zoom out to see a fat old man sitting at a desk and a typewriter clutching his chest and falling to the floor.

listopencil 06-10-2016 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 12269423)
The show ends with Bran really waking up from his coma.

The show ends and it was a dream that Walter White had while he was unconscious after the end of Breaking Bad. He wakes up loosely secured to a hospital bed with an armed guard asleep in a chair beside him. The armed guard is Dexter.

Sorter 06-10-2016 08:14 PM

Tommen commits suicide.

The Hound kills the recast version of Beric and Thoros.

Ramsay lives.

Septa Unella dies.

The only decent Tully in the entire ****ing series dies.

Smalljon dies.

Rickon dies.

Tormund dominates.

Sansa is preggers.

High Sparrow flees.

Dorne allies with Varys

Euron smashes someone with his beautiful new armor.

Asha smashes some lesbian.

Chiefspants 06-10-2016 08:44 PM

Ramsay lives in Ep 9, dies in Ep 10.

There's no confirmation of the one true Tully dying, all of that happens offscreen.

Everything else looks dead on (though I hadn't heard about Salsa).

vailpass 06-10-2016 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 12269730)
Tommen commits suicide.

Ramsay lives.

Septa Unella dies.

Smalljon dies.

Rickon dies.

Tormund dominates.

Sansa is preggers.

High Sparrow flees.

Dorne allies with Varys

It is known.
Also, Red Woman uncorks the nicest set of pert nosed sweater puppets in all of Westeros.

Discuss Thrower 06-10-2016 09:57 PM

People I like: Olenna Tyrell, Jon Snow, Tyrion, Brienne, Podrick, The Lady Bear Mormont, Jamie (though he could still use some more atonement for throwing Bran off the tower) in that order.

People I'm largely ambivalent to: Any living Stark, the Hound, Bronn, Maergery (if she's a savy manipulator that does good things she gets moved up a tier), Sam, Gilly, Gilly's kid, Varys, Littlefinger, Jorah, the Blackfish, Kevan, Lord Tyrell, Grey Worm, Missandei, Theon, Yara, Ser Loras.

People I dislike barring some major change: High Sparrow , Tommen, Sexy Faceless Man Jesus, Daenerys Targaryen, Euron, all other Ironborn.

People that can **** right off: Ramsay Bolton, the Freys, Cersei, the Faith Militant, the Mountain, Qyburn (for zombifying the Mountain), the Waif, anyone with the last name of 'Sand'.

staylor26 06-10-2016 10:26 PM

Sansa being preggers makes sense.

Kinda parallels Lyanna's story except Sansa was actually raped.

Bowser 06-11-2016 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 12269730)
Tommen commits suicide.

Ramsay lives.

Septa Unella dies.

Smalljon dies.

Rickon dies.

Tormund dominates.

Sansa is preggers.

High Sparrow flees.

Dorne allies with Varys

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Zp73CJyCp5Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Baby Lee 06-11-2016 08:52 AM

'Not today!'

perhaps tomorrow?

RustShack 06-11-2016 07:01 PM

Man. I keep thinking today is Sunday.

Buck 06-11-2016 08:19 PM

Biggest Spoiler in the entire series.

Do not click if you don't want to be spoiled.

Ebolapox 06-11-2016 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 12271078)
Biggest Spoiler in the entire series.

Do not click if you don't want to be spoiled.

Uh... Lol wat?

crazycoffey 06-11-2016 08:26 PM

First wolf hot pie made for Arya vs last one for brianne to give to Arya

Buck 06-11-2016 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 12271081)
Uh... Lol wat?

Discuss Thrower 06-11-2016 10:10 PM

I made an unforgivable omission:

People I like: ****ing Wun-Wun

Sassy Squatch 08-13-2017 08:55 PM

So, who's ready for shit to go haywire next week?

Great Expectations 08-13-2017 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13010980)
So, who's ready for shit to go haywire next week?

I keep waiting for a heart wrenching twist; I wonder if those are finished without GRRM's books.

Sassy Squatch 08-13-2017 11:31 PM

Here's a bit of a heart wrencher. Spoilers for next week.

Spoiler!

listopencil 08-14-2017 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 12271087)

Spoiler!

Great Expectations 08-14-2017 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13011292)
Here's a bit of a heart wrencher. Spoilers for next week.

Spoiler!

That isn't a twist, we've all been expecting something like that to happen to even the playing field.

Sassy Squatch 08-14-2017 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 13011378)
That isn't a twist, we've all been expecting something like that to happen to even the playing field.

Spoiler!

arrowheadnation 08-14-2017 08:59 PM

This guys plot leaks have all been 100% on point so far. No reason to think they'll go bad now.
Spoiler!

Chiefnj2 08-15-2017 10:29 AM

Is the next episode designed to make Dany "evil"?

Sassy Squatch 08-15-2017 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 13014236)
Is the next episode designed to make Dany "evil"?

No? She saves the day.

unlurking 08-15-2017 01:27 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yJTmNqbQk1I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8BHq5mlOQnY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Franchise 08-15-2017 03:41 PM

You do realize that you still have to put that shit in spoilers....right?

unlurking 08-15-2017 03:51 PM

Is this not the "spoiler" thread? Maybe I misread the intention to resurrect that?

The Franchise 08-15-2017 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 13015140)
Is this not the "spoiler" thread? Maybe I misread the intention to resurrect that?

I would still put in spoiler tags....but that's just my thought.

RustShack 08-15-2017 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 13015140)

Lol yeah you don't have to. That's why it's called spoiler thread.

Urc Burry 08-15-2017 05:53 PM

Accidentally came upon this. Not too big of a spoiler, but something that could be coming in the next 2 episodes
Spoiler!

Sassy Squatch 08-15-2017 08:08 PM

So, episode 6 aired early in Spain. Here's a little teaser.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jorywea/s...29264119566340

Spoiler!

unlurking 08-15-2017 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13015798)
So, episode 6 aired early in Spain. Here's a little teaser.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jorywea/s...29264119566340

Spoiler!

Awesome!

Tagged since autoplay spoiler...

Spoiler!

Sassy Squatch 08-15-2017 10:54 PM

Saw the episode in shit quality. Its one of those where you're better off not thinking too hard about it and going on for the ride.

Sassy Squatch 08-16-2017 06:00 AM

https://youtu.be/Bdxxo1RfACs

Move over, Mahomes. I think we've found our new QBOTF.

Spoiler!

unlurking 08-16-2017 06:26 AM

ROFL

ThaVirus 08-16-2017 01:25 PM

Probably just a splash of water but weird nonetheless.

https://gfycat.com/CleanAccurateEmu

RINGLEADER 08-17-2017 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13016251)
Saw the episode in shit quality. Its one of those where you're better off not thinking too hard about it and going on for the ride.

The whole "we have to go grab an undead person to prove to Cersei that they're real" storyline was really stupid and forced but got D&D what they wanted -- and anyone who has seen the next episode knows what that is...

Sassy Squatch 08-17-2017 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 13019194)
The whole "we have to go grab an undead person to prove to Cersei that they're real" storyline was really stupid and forced but got D&D what they wanted -- and anyone who has seen the next episode knows what that is...

That and boatsex lol.

Sassy Squatch 08-17-2017 10:23 AM

Leaked series finale.

https://i.redd.it/7udny0c0iagz.png

Frazod 08-17-2017 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13019513)

This made me laugh hard enough to cry a little. LMAO

MagicHef 08-17-2017 11:15 AM

So does Arya just have a completely different personality each episode?

Chiefnj2 08-17-2017 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 13019597)

I enjoyed her first conversations with Sansa about how being a little girl isn't an excuse. I did not like the final scene about the faces. They are really highlighting just how angry she is.

Frazod 08-17-2017 01:06 PM

Keep in mind, Arya has never liked Sansa and always adored Jon. Plus, she's pretty much a no-fuse ****ing killing machine now. I have no trouble believing her attitude if she senses that Sansa's trying to betray him.

Also, it was sort of a "you ain't the boss of me" little sister moment as well.

Chiefspants 08-17-2017 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 13019597)

Eh. She's a war torn child who has turned into a bloodthirsty assassin. She's not exactly going to be even keeled.

Out of all my complaints about this season, Arya, Sansa and Bran have been fine with me.

Sassy Squatch 08-17-2017 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 13020477)
Eh. She's a war torn child who has turned into a bloodthirsty assassin. She's not exactly going to be even keeled.

Out of all my complaints about this season, Arya, Sansa and Bran have been fine with me.

Blame it on GRRM for not giving the adaptors something to adapt. Of course they're going to fall back on fantasy tropes if they don't have direction.

Frazod 08-17-2017 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13020566)
Blame it on GRRM for not giving the adaptors something to adapt. Of course they're going to fall back on fantasy tropes if they don't have direction.

He did supply the overall outline, and I assume he's involved with the scripts in some fashion.

I think it's probably more a money issue than anything else. With the dragons and the white walkers having more of a prominent role, I think there are dramatically less resources to be devoted to the more mundane aspects of the show.

Sassy Squatch 08-17-2017 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13020574)
He did supply the overall outline, and I assume he's involved with the scripts in some fashion.

I think it's probably more a money issue than anything else. With the dragons and the white walkers having more of a prominent role, I think there are dramatically less resources to be devoted to the more mundane aspects of the show.

Well, its certainly lost the realistic edge it had, for whatever reason. Now it's just a full blown fantasy series. Nothing wrong with that to me, just kind of jarring going from the 1st couple of seasons to this.

Frazod 08-17-2017 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13020595)
Well, its certainly lost the realistic edge it had, for whatever reason. Now it's just a full blown fantasy series. Nothing wrong with that to me, just kind of jarring going from the 1st couple of seasons to this.

In a perfect world there'd be enough money to draw it out a bit longer. But I'd rather have what we've got than dragons that look like they just flew out of Skyrim.

Sassy Squatch 08-17-2017 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13020700)
In a perfect world there'd be enough money to draw it out a bit longer. But I'd rather have what we've got than dragons that look like they just flew out of Skyrim.

Id figure the show would be making enough money to try and milk it as long as possible. Id rather have janky time skips and fast paced action over a show that becomes a husk of itself because of how dry its been milked.

Urc Burry 08-17-2017 08:13 PM

Have a fantasy draft Sunday night, so I caved and watched it. Then another 2 times. **** I love this show. It sucks that it's almost over. I thought Dany would be more upset about losing a dragon... and what do you know another Tyrion plan falls flat on its face

Frazod 08-17-2017 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 13020816)
Have a fantasy draft Sunday night, so I caved and watched it. Then another 2 times. **** I love this show. It sucks that it's almost over. I thought Dany would be more upset about losing a dragon... and what do you know another Tyrion plan falls flat on its face

You're not a wartime consigliere, Tyrion. :D

Sassy Squatch 08-17-2017 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 13020816)

I can't understand why they just couldn't keep Barristan Selmy alive to be her voice of reason. Tyrion had no problem doing horrible things to advance his lot in life in earlier seasons, and now he just plays moral police and makes shitty plans that are designed to fail so Cersei has the tiniest, slimmest bit of believability as an actual antagonist and to create fake drama between him and Cersei. He is far and away the biggest victim of the writing.

Urc Burry 08-17-2017 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13020898)
I can't understand why they just couldn't keep Barristan Selmy alive to be her voice of reason. Tyrion had no problem doing horrible things to advance his lot in life in earlier seasons, and now he just plays moral police and makes shitty plans that are designed to fail so Cersei has the tiniest, slimmest bit of believability as an actual antagonist and to create fake drama between him and Cersei. He is far and away the biggest victim of the writing.

Yeah, it sucks. He was one of my favorite characters. Now I can barely stand him, because of his constant **** ups. He's been replaced by Davos as a supporting character. He has been killing it the last 2 seasons

Some favorite parts of the episode:
- Tormund and the Hound's exchange
- The fact that Gendry has probably never seen himself run on camera
- The Dany and Jon exchanges. They are really selling it. I've been screaming "show her your scars" since they've met

Also it was huge that we have seen that if a white walker is killed, then so are his wights. Now you just have to figure out how the **** you're going to separate the night king from his dragon

Sassy Squatch 08-17-2017 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 13020914)
Yeah, it sucks. He was one of my favorite characters. Now I can barely stand him, because of his constant **** ups. He's been replaced by Davos as a supporting character. He has been killing it the last 2 seasons

Some favorite parts of the episode:
- Tormund and the Hound's exchange
- The fact that Gendry has probably never seen himself run on camera
- The Dany and Jon exchanges. They are really selling it. I've been screaming "show her your scars" since they've met

Also it was huge that we have seen that if a white walker is killed, then so are his wights. Now you just have to figure out how the **** you're going to separate the night king from his dragon

The Hound was easily MVP of this episode. Had plenty of funny moments and was an absolute badass when it counted. Think he saved both Tormund and Jorah from dying.

Aside from the lame reaction to Viserion dying, Clarke did a pretty damn good job this episode.

ThaVirus 08-17-2017 09:35 PM

"Dick?"

"Dick... Like cock."

"Hmm. Dick. I like it."

"I bet you do."

RustShack 08-17-2017 10:03 PM

I have a hard time believing GoT doesn't have the money to do "more".

Loneiguana 08-18-2017 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 13021031)
I have a hard time believing GoT doesn't have the money to do "more".

I think there might be a difference between technically "having" and what they believe is a maximum they feel they can spend on an episode, especially with what they are paying some the actors now.

I wish they would just go all in though and just spend however much money it will take, but then I don't know how many zeros that would require.

Sassy Squatch 08-18-2017 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loneiguana (Post 13021252)
I think there might be a difference between technically "having" and what they believe is a maximum they feel they can spend on an episode, especially with what they are paying some the actors now.

I wish they would just go all in though and just spend however much money it will take, but then I don't know how many zeros that would require.

They spend 9 to 10 million an episode IIRC.

Chiefnj2 08-18-2017 12:15 PM

This season is definitely turning more "predictable Hollywood" with GOT.

Another last second rescue for the group. Redshirts being killed. Another last second rescue for Jon. Two people can't ride a horse? It's still very enjoyable, but is quickly losing its edge.

MagicHef 08-18-2017 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 13021870)
This season is definitely turning more "predictable Hollywood" with GOT.

Another last second rescue for the group. Redshirts being killed. Another last second rescue for Jon. Two people can't ride a horse? It's still very enjoyable, but is quickly losing its edge.

Another change is that in previous seasons, small events would have huge consequences. Ned confronting Cersei and offering her the chance to flee out of concern for her children ended up basically ending his house.

This season (until the leaked episode) was huge events with non-existent consequences. Giant battles (Casterly Rock, Highgarden, Drogon attacking Lannisters) that don't seem to change the overall situation. Dany is still vastly more powerful than her enemy but is reluctant to attack any city. Cersei is still plotting while hiding in the Red Keep. Littlefinger is still plotting in Winterfell. Everything is the same at the end of episode 5 as it was in episode 1.

mdchiefsfan 08-24-2017 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 13021904)
Another change is that in previous seasons, small events would have huge consequences. Ned confronting Cersei and offering her the chance to flee out of concern for her children ended up basically ending his house.

This season (until the leaked episode) was huge events with non-existent consequences. Giant battles (Casterly Rock, Highgarden, Drogon attacking Lannisters) that don't seem to change the overall situation. Dany is still vastly more powerful than her enemy but is reluctant to attack any city. Cersei is still plotting while hiding in the Red Keep. Littlefinger is still plotting in Winterfell. Everything is the same at the end of episode 5 as it was in episode 1.

They have a zombie-trophy now!

NewChief 08-26-2017 10:38 AM

Just read a really detailed scene by scene description of the this week's episode. I couldn't help myself, and I think there's really only one moment that would have been an "oh shit" moment. I already knew the gist of what was going to happen but the way they
Spoiler!

Oh good lord, it gonna be good.