ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Time for “Cut Eric Berry” and “Fire Bob Sutton” Banners? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320759)

Skyy God 01-21-2019 02:39 PM

Time for “Cut Eric Berry” and “Fire Bob Sutton” Banners?

I’m down for $25 each.

Combine for the 1st and draft for the 2nd?

ToxSocks 01-21-2019 02:40 PM

:rolleyes:

6" away from a SB and you guys wanna burn the damn thing down.

Get a grip.

Mephistopheles Janx 01-21-2019 02:40 PM

L-O-L

The Franchise 01-21-2019 02:41 PM

Go back to the DC, reerun.

In58men 01-21-2019 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14061121)

Get a grip.

Exactly, people are ****ing pathetic.

Fire everyone from top to bottom.

Trade Mahomes and let’s go after Kyler Murray!!!!

Skyy God 01-21-2019 02:42 PM

Quote:

Get a grip.

I don’t think the mastermind of the 31st raked defense and an overpaid, broken down player should be retained, no.

chiefzilla1501 01-21-2019 02:42 PM

Quote:

Get a grip.

Well... he's not wrong on the Sutton part. We wanted to burn that damn thing down last year, and for who the **** knows why, we didn't.

Skyy God 01-21-2019 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 14061130)
Exactly, people are ****ing pathetic.

Fire everyone from top to bottom.

Trade Mahomes and let’s go after Kyler Murray!!!!

That would be ascenine.

ToxSocks 01-21-2019 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 14061134)
I don’t think the mastermind of the 31st raked defense and an overpaid, broken down player should be retained, no.

Banners though?

Over react much?

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-21-2019 02:44 PM

If Veach had signed, traded for, or drafted a single impact defender the Chiefs are SB bound. He deserves plenty of blame.

Skyy God 01-21-2019 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14061140)
Banners though?

Over react much?

Insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result.

Skyy God 01-21-2019 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 14061142)
If Veach had signed, traded for, or drafted a single impact defender the Chiefs are SB bound. He deserves plenty of blame.

But are they failing because of lack of talent or scheme?

Can’t replace all 11 starters next year, so.....

Mephistopheles Janx 01-21-2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

I agree that he should not be retained. I don't believe he will be.

Do you actually believe that flying banners to voice your displeasure is the best method of getting this across to the Front Office? Come up with something original if you are gonna direct some sort of fan sourced outrage towards the organization.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-21-2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 14061149)
But are they failing because of lack of talent or scheme?.

Yes.

Skyy God 01-21-2019 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx (Post 14061155)
I agree that he should not be retained. I don't believe he will be.

Do you actually believe that flying banners to voice your displeasure is the best method of getting this across to the Front Office? Come up with something original if you are gonna direct some sort of fan sourced outrage towards the organization.

How else are we going to communicate with a franchise?

Write a sternly worded letter on company letterhead, lol!??

Why Not? 01-21-2019 02:50 PM

Can people let go of the banner thing? That was a one time deal during a time of absolute bottom of the barrel shit ****ery by the franchise. It seems like it had an effect because of the magnitude of it. Now, everytime something goes wrong, people want to do the banner thing. Plus, the dude who really spearheaded that and made it happen is basically CP retired.

But, to be clear, **** Bob Sutton. He definitely needs to go

Mephistopheles Janx 01-21-2019 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 14061174)

Your lack of creativity is unsurprising. You are literally on the internet with access to thousands of fans at your fingertips and all you can think of is something that has already been done.

You are an inspiring leader. Your ability to adjust to the times rivals Bob Sutton's ability to adjust to an opposing offense.

GloryDayz 01-21-2019 02:57 PM

Quote:

This.

GloryDayz 01-21-2019 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14061140)
Banners though?

Over react much?

Are you new, it's the only way to force needed change in this Kingdom...

Titty Meat 01-21-2019 02:59 PM

Enough with the banner bullshit

Skyy God 01-21-2019 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx (Post 14061203)
Your lack of creativity is unsurprising. You are literally on the internet with access to thousands of fans at your fingertips and all you can think of is something that has already been done.

You are an inspiring leader. Your ability to adjust to the times rivals Bob Sutton's ability to adjust to an opposing offense.

Sorry I’m badmouthing your boo, EB. ;)

ILChief 01-21-2019 03:21 PM

They can't cut Berry. Well, they can but it will destroy the cap

ToxSocks 01-21-2019 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 14061174)

You honestly think they're not aware of their problems?

You think they're that stupid or something?

I'm no Sutton fan, i think his schemes are too simple for a Qb to diagnose. The Chief's scheme makes the Qb's job easy. Hell, they talked about it last night. The Pats designing a scheme that didn't require too many audibles and motions because they knew how the Chiefs were going to defend them.

But i don't think the Chiefs are ****ing reeruned and don't realize that.

Pats knew what the Chiefs were going to do. Chiefs knew what the Pats were going to do. Players have to step up.

Maybe a better scheme is needed.

But i don't think for a second that we know something the Chiefs don't.

This a Perennial Playoff Football team and will be for a long, long time. Lets just assume that maybe they know things about Football and don't need banners to remind them.

Molitoth 01-21-2019 03:30 PM

I don't care what they do with Berry considering he's going to rape the chiefs with either decision.

But Bob Sutton has needed to go for at least 2 years. If they retain him again, expect the same result. I expect banners for Sutton.

ToxSocks 01-21-2019 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 14061338)
I don't care what they do with Berry considering he's going to rape the chiefs with either decision.

But Bob Sutton has needed to go for at least 2 years. If they retain him again, expect the same result. I expect banners for Sutton.

Banners are for drastic measures.

A few inches from a SB birth with a 1st time starting QB is not drastic.

Maybe we can just be like a normal, non-dramatic fan base and let the F/O do their job and leave the Airplane banners at home, yeah?

Mephistopheles Janx 01-21-2019 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 14061338)

You will be able to send your donation to Cave Johnson as he is spearheading Banners Over Arrowhead: The Electric Boogaloo

Skyy God 01-21-2019 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx (Post 14061360)
You will be able to send your donation to Cave Johnson as he is spearheading Banners Over Arrowhead: The Electric Boogaloo

The Combine, brah.

No point in flying a banner over an empty stadium.

NFL writers and execs all attend the combine.

Skyy God 01-21-2019 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 14061291)
They can't cut Berry. Well, they can but it will destroy the cap

Wrong (assuming the 2019 injury guarantee doesn’t kick in).

Also, his roster spot should be used on someone playing football, not cashing fat checks.

GloryDayz 01-21-2019 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14061311)

I'm no Sutton fan, i think his schemes are too simple for a Qb to diagnose. The Chief's scheme makes the Qb's job easy. Hell, they talked about it last night. The Pats designing a scheme that didn't require too many audibles and motions because they knew how the Chiefs were going to defend them.

Pats knew what the Chiefs were going to do. Chiefs knew what the Pats were going to do. Players have to step up.

Maybe a better scheme is needed.

But i don't think for a second that we know something the Chiefs don't.

This a Perennial Playoff Football team and will be for a long, long time. Lets just assume that maybe they know things about Football and don't need banners to remind them.

Oh, I might argue that they're stupid, or stubborn, enough to resist doing the "harder right" (firing Sutton and cutting Berry). Flying the banner is to make the "easier wrong" harder and harder.

I'd also argue that with as many times as they fell for the pick play, they're arguably pretty stupid. Perhaps as players and as coaches.

Perhaps the Chiefs apparent system of little-to-no accountability allows them to go home and drink instead of hitting the books, practicing timing routes, rub routes, defeating pick plays, as a team, until late into the evening. And then going home and watching film until 3am, just so THEY know their opponents better than they know themselves. You know, like BB and Tom-Terrific get credit for.

GloryDayz 01-21-2019 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 14061450)
Wrong (assuming the 2019 injury guarantee doesn’t kick in).

Also, his roster spot should be used on someone playing football, not cashing fat checks.

This is true. Go the Pats route and find some guy with talent for cheap, let him know we're his last chance at glory, nobody else believes in him, we might not either, but we're giving him a chance. And let him know that we want gladiators, nothing less.

Let some other team deal with Eric "Overage Joe" Berry's spirits and drama.

Skyy God 01-21-2019 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14061481)
Oh, I might argue that they're stupid, or stubborn, enough to resist doing the "harder right" (firing Sutton and cutting Berry). Flying the banner is to make the "easier wrong" harder and harder.

I'd also argue that with as many times as they fell for the pick play, they're arguably pretty stupid. Perhaps as players and as coaches.

Perhaps the Chiefs apparent system of little-to-no accountability allows them to go home and drink instead of hitting the books, practicing timing routes, rub routes, defeating pick plays, as a team, until late into the evening. And then going home and watching film until 3am, just so THEY know their opponents better than they know themselves. You know, like BB and Tom-Terrific get credit for.

Lol at bringing GloryDayz and I together on an issue.

I think Clark is a mediocre owner who made a great hire in Reid. The fact he hired Herm, Todd, and Romeo (and we were linked to Jeff F’ing Fisher) speaks to his incompetence.

Got played like a chump releasing a valuable asset like Hunt for nothing. Getting owned by EB in negotiations. Etc.

He’s simply not bright enough to convince Andy to end the disasterout Sutton experiment.

Mecca 01-21-2019 04:16 PM

Tear what down? The defense is the worst in the league it should be torn down, you can't really get any worse.

New World Order 01-21-2019 04:16 PM

Why are people against this idea?

We've wanted to cut Berry and fire Bob all year LMAO

Skyy God 01-21-2019 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 14061524)

I’m perplexed as well.

Mecca 01-21-2019 04:21 PM

They should literally just cut everyone off the D who makes a lot of money, if you're going to suck don't do it paying a lot of money.

MahiMike 01-21-2019 04:21 PM

Geez, this poor guy came up with a decent idea and he's getting hammered here.

I'll kick in $25.

ToxSocks 01-21-2019 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14061481)

You realize that the pick-play is the achilles heel of Man-Coverage, right?

There's no "Falling for the Pick Play". It's DESIGNED to break man coverage. It's why the Chiefs started running them against the Patriots Man-coverage schemes. And the NFL allows offenses to do this.

And if you sit back in Zone, you'll get picked apart like they did to the Chargers.

You seem to not understand that, which devalues your post quite a bit.

It's a no-win situation for the defense here. Play zone and get picked apart, or play Man and get exposed to rub routes.

The Chiefs picked the proper poison. The problem is they couldn't stop the run.

GloryDayz 01-21-2019 04:22 PM

Quote:

:shrug:

GloryDayz 01-21-2019 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14061551)
You realize that the pick-play is the achilles heel of Man-Coverage, right?

There's no "Falling for the Pick Play". It's DESIGNED to break man coverage. It's why the Chiefs started running them against the Patriots Man-coverage schemes. And the NFL allows offenses to do this.

And if you sit back in Zone, you'll get picked apart like they did to the Chargers.

You seem to not understand that, which devalues your post quite a bit.

It's a no-win situation for the defense here. Play zone and get picked apart, or play Man and get exposed to rub routes.

The Chiefs picked the proper poison. The problem is they couldn't stop the run.

So all the great defenses have the same problem, right? Play zone and get picked apart, or play Man and get exposed to rub routes?

I guess the Chefs don't so much as have the Innerwebs, are too stupid to understand it, or to lazy to practice it enough to effectively counter it.

https://blogs.usafootball.com/blog/4...-counteract-it

That being said, if Andy would lose a few pounds so that he could get close to an official fast enough, and light him the **** up about pick plays, draw attention to him screaming at the official like we say yesterday, we might actually get a few pick calls. But alas, that's not a game Andy will play, or allow his priestly players to play.

Bunt no, it's NOT impossible to counter, it just takes professionals honing their MOTHER ****ING skills and being passionate about it. And screaming at officials. Yeah, it might cost you 15 at some point, but the officials are human (or so I'm told), and they know throwing that flag is going to draw at least a few seconds of discussion about what he just missed calling.

ToxSocks 01-21-2019 04:31 PM

Quote:

Because we don't need to act like infantile children every time we want something of our team?

Sutton likely will get fired. We don't need Banners for that.

And cutting EB makes no sense.

He's just been this place's scapegoat all damn season.

He got beat on two jump balls by a player substantially bigger than him and all of a sudden he sucks.

Skyy God 01-21-2019 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 14061547)
Geez, this poor guy came up with a decent idea and he's getting hammered here.

I'll kick in $25.

$50 down!

My vote for the EB one is Cut Eric Berry’s “Spirit”

Skyy God 01-21-2019 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14061608)
Because we don't need to act like infantile children every time we want something of our team?

He got beat on two jump balls by a player substantially bigger than him and all of a sudden he sucks.

0-3 in games he played in.

And I truly believe he delayed getting surgery to attempt to trip his injury guarantee.

Addition by subtraction.

ToxSocks 01-21-2019 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14061607)
So all the great defenses have the same problem, right? Play zone and get picked apart, or play Man and get exposed to rub routes?

I guess the Chefs don't so much as have the Innerwebs, are too stupid to understand it, or to lazy to practice it enough to effectively counter it.

https://blogs.usafootball.com/blog/4...-counteract-it

That being said, if Andy would lose a few pounds so that he could get close to an official fast enough, and light him the **** up about pick plays, draw attention to him screaming at the official like we say yesterday, we might actually get a few pick calls. But alas, that's not a game Andy will play, or allow his priestly players to play.

Bunt no, it's NOT impossible to counter, it just takes professionals honing their MOTHER ****ING skills and being passionate about it. And screaming at officials. Yeah, it might cost you 15 at some point, but the officials are human (or so I'm told), and they know throwing that flag is going to draw at least a few seconds of discussion about what he just missed calling.

It's impossible to counter when the QB is the GOAT and you only need to run sub 5 yard routes because you can't stop the run.

If it were so easy to counter, the Patriots wouldn't be so damn dominant. If it were so easy to counter, the Chiefs and everyone else in the league wouldn't be running them.

The Chiefs run rub routes and get away with it all the damn time. It's PART of the game now. That's why no one bitches to refs about it. They ALL do it and they ALL get away with it quite frequently.

The Patriots just happen to the best at it.

Point being, No one "fell for a pick play". It's part of the game now, and a commonly used answer to man coverage.

ToxSocks 01-21-2019 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 14061619)
0-3 in games he played in.

And I truly believe he delayed getting surgery to attempt to trip his injury guarantee.

Addition by subtraction.

What a stupid, arbitrary number.

GloryDayz 01-21-2019 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14061627)
It's impossible to counter when the QB is the GOAT and you only need to run sub 5 yard routes because you can't stop the run.

If it were so easy to counter, the Patriots wouldn't be so damn dominant. If it were so easy to counter, the Chiefs and everyone else in the league wouldn't be running them.

The Chiefs run rub routes and get away with it all the damn time. It's PART of the game now. That's why no one bitches to refs about it. They ALL do it and they ALL get away with it quite frequently.

The Patriots just happen to the best at it.

Point being, No one "fell for a pick play". It's part of the game now, and a commonly used answer to man coverage.

The Pats went 11-5 this year, hell we had HFA because they lost more than us, don't tell me it's impossible to effectively counter the pick-play because they have Tom, that's bullshit.

Jacksonville, Detroit, Tennessee, Miami and Pittsburgh all found a way to suppress it enough to win. Detroit, Tennessee, and Pittsburgh held Tom and the unstoppable New England pick-play to 10 ****ing points in each of their games...

So get out of here that it's impossible. It's hard, you just need to have not-stupid players, and not-stupid coaches... We suffer both of those and a ****ing stupid scheme too!

ToxSocks 01-21-2019 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14061678)
The Pats went 11-5 this year, hell we had HFA because they lost more than us, don't tell me it's impossible to effectively counter the pick-play because they have Tom, that's bullshit.

Jacksonville, Detroit, Tennessee, Miami and Pittsburgh all found a way to suppress it enough to win. Detroit, Tennessee, and Pittsburgh held Tom and the unstoppable New England pick-play to 10 ****ing points in each of their games...

So get out of here that it's impossible. It's hard, you just need to have not-stupid players, and not-stupid coaches... We suffer both of those and a ****ing stupid scheme too!

We'd have to actually go back and view those games independently to see if the Pats were even running pick plays against those teams.

Every game is different, every Sunday.

I'm explaining to you what happened YESTERDAY, in THAT game.

Sutton will be fired. Or should be at least.

That isn't even my argument here.

My argument is that we don't need banners or over the top dramatics that make our fan base look like cry babies.

Let the F/O handle it. They will. Yeah, believe it or not, they have eyes and they self-evaluate.

Skyy God 01-21-2019 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14061632)
What a stupid, arbitrary number.

2016 Berry isn’t walking through that door.

Skyy God 01-21-2019 04:56 PM

On the big play EB game up in OT:

“ The pass play to Gronkowski, which gave the Patriots a first down at the Chiefs’ 15, was not in the game plan. New England has run the Gronk slant before, but hadn’t planned to run it here, and the only play they called that wasn’t planned turned out quite possibly to be the biggest play of their day. As the 40-second play clock wound down, <b>offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels called the play they hadn’t practiced during the week because the coaches saw a coverage deficiency by Kansas City safety Eric Berry on Gronkowski </b>.”

New World Order 01-21-2019 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14061608)

Those of us who spent 2k to watch Eric Berry get torched by an elderly Gronk and Bob Sutton run a vanilla man-to-man scheme 90% of the game might feel differently.

TwistedChief 01-21-2019 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 14061725)
Those of us who spent 2k to watch Eric Berry get torched by an elderly Gronk and Bob Sutton run a vanilla man-to-man scheme 90% of the game might feel differently.

Berry doesn’t play because he’s not 100% and people say he’s a brokedick loser.

Berry plays at less than 100% and performs as such and he’s a brokedick loser.

We’re all frustrated with his situation. But for every dollar that you raise for an anti-Berry banner, I will personally put 2x that into a banner supporting him.

This shouldn’t be who we are as fans. It’s poor form.

GloryDayz 01-21-2019 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14061698)
We'd have to actually go back and view those games independently to see if the Pats were even running pick plays against those teams.

Every game is different, every Sunday.

I'm explaining to you what happened YESTERDAY, in THAT game.

Sutton will be fired. Or should be at least.

That isn't even my argument here.

My argument is that we don't need banners or over the top dramatics that make our fan base look like cry babies.

Let the F/O handle it. They will. Yeah, believe it or not, they have eyes and they self-evaluate.

No, no we don't. Unless you're suggesting the Pats didn't run Pick-Plays because they were tired of winning, why would they abandon plays that are guaranteed to produce victories? Especially since they'd have Tom Terrific running them!

Simply put, you can't sell-out on man or zone coverage to the point that any QB can know for sure what D you're going to play (a skill), and you have to get your bump off the line. They'll send men in motion to try to make you show your cards, but you get paid to know how to stay cool. But I'm sure you knew that and will default to Tom being God's real son..

I guess we lost this game before it started, the moment the Chiefs, like you, were convinced that the pick-play is impossible for humans to defend.

New World Order 01-21-2019 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14061750)

We’re all frustrated with his situation. But for every dollar that you raise for an anti-Berry banner, I will personally put 2x that into a banner supporting him.

He's not a brokedick loser, but his time is up.

GloryDayz 01-21-2019 05:13 PM

Quote:

Somehow I don't think you are equally frustrated, perhaps the $2K part is the difference? :shrug: Either way, this will be interesting if it plays out...

:popcorn:

Skyy God 01-21-2019 05:18 PM

Quote:

I disagree.

He’s the mostly highly paid safety in NFL history for a reason. He made way too much $$ as the #5 pick with the old, asenine rookie scale. He’s (so far) earned $0 of his new megadeal, which handicaps our ability to win a SB.

He’s gotta go.

TwistedChief 01-21-2019 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 14061761)
He's not a brokedick loser, but his time is up.

So we just muse like bratty children about flying banners about people whose “time is up”? Who were All Pros on a HOF path and then returned from cancer?

The team paid him. He’s been injured. Every defensive player still gushes about his influence. He’s grossly overpaid vs production. I’m sure he knows that. Many of you think that doesn’t mean anything to him and he just wants to collect his paycheck. Yet you have no evidence that this is the person whom he is. In fact, plenty argues the opposite. Many of you are just projecting.

Skyy God 01-21-2019 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14061791)
So we just muse like bratty children about flying banners about people whose “time is up”? Who were All Pros on a HOF path and then returned from cancer?

The team paid him. He’s been injured. Every defensive player still gushes about his influence. He’s grossly overpaid vs production. I’m sure he knows that. Many of you think that doesn’t mean anything to him and he just wants to collect his paycheck. Yet you have no evidence that this is the person whom he is. In fact, plenty argues the opposite. Many of you are just projecting.

Whether he has the same drive now, I have no idea.

But his body is breaking down. You can’t have a $15M cap hit on a guy that’s in the tub.

The Pats and BB would never keep EB around, and just because we’re polite midwesterns, we shouldn’t either

TwistedChief 01-21-2019 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14061768)
Somehow I don't think you are equally frustrated, perhaps the $2K part is the difference? :shrug: Either way, this will be interesting if it plays out...

:popcorn:

2k? I spent far more than that this weekend attending the game and providing the same opportunity for others. Pretty sure that’s not relevant.

TwistedChief 01-21-2019 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 14061803)
Whether he has the same drive now, I have no idea.

But his body is breaking down. You can’t have a $15M cap hit on a guy that’s in the tub.

The Pats and BB would never keep EB around, and just because we’re polite midwesterns, we shouldn’t either

Then blame the team for committing this money to him. I’m fine with that. But Berry? He shouldn’t be the object of your derision.

Every one of you would’ve fought for every last dollar had you been in his shoes.

dirk digler 01-21-2019 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14061311)

I guess we will find out soon enough. They brought back Sutton this year and blamed the players but the defense ended up way worse. Everybody and their mother knew Sutton needed to be fired last year but no they couldn't make the obvious decision. So yeah maybe they are to close to see the problem(s).

GloryDayz 01-21-2019 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14061791)

You paint a very nice picture of a man who won't tell the adoring fans what's wrong. I know he doesn't have to because of HIPPA laws 'n such, but you need to respect that people who are getting "it's complicated" out of the highest paid safety in the league talking about why he can't play, don't have to be nice.

Want to know why "we" (because I'm in the crowd) think he's just milking the system? That's why, he won't even bother to explain what's going on for us understand his situation, much less to feel sorry for him.

**** him... He can take his money and leave. He can suffer in silence on a beach somewhere and run Zumba classes.

Skyy God 01-21-2019 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14061812)
Then blame the team for committing this money to him. I’m fine with that. But Berry? He shouldn’t be the object of your derision.

Every one of you would’ve fought for every last dollar had you been in his shoes.

I’m as pro-labor as they come, champ. Will never watch college FB while they pay coaches millions and the players nothing.

My target isn’t Berry.

It’s Clark for giving him a bad, sentimental contract.

We have a generational talent at QB and wide open 2 year window. Everyone’s gotta step up their games to match MVPat.

GloryDayz 01-21-2019 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14061805)
2k? I spent far more than that this weekend attending the game and providing the same opportunity for others. Pretty sure that’s not relevant.

Wow, you're banner's going to be biglyer than ours!

GloryDayz 01-21-2019 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14061812)

We've blamed the team plenty for paying him way too much. That's not going to stop us from commenting on a player that consults the spirits before deciding if his heel hurts too much to play.

TwistedChief 01-21-2019 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14061837)
Wow, you're banner's going to be biglyer than ours!

Buddy, that means nothing. Just trying to say he’s not the right object of our scorn the day after. And certainly not a level of scorn on par with ****ing Pioli.

GloryDayz 01-21-2019 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14061848)
Buddy, that means nothing. Just trying to say he’s not the right object of our scorn the day after. And certainly not a level of scorn on par with ****ing Pioli.

So you're not going to fly a larger counter banner?

Oh, and he's earned every bit of scorn too. Get over him surviving cancer, we were all in his camp when he beat that ****ing disease, our scorn is solely because he's decided to apparently give very little, and be anything but a gladiator, since getting paid.

And yes, he has the right to the money, the Chiefs were stupid enough to pay him, and they'll probably do it again, soon, so it's legal for him to bone us.

But please don't tell us "who we are" until our identity as a team is good enough to get to the SB. Losses like yesterdays, and Berry's actions being allowed to put us in the stupid bind we were in is proof "who we are" needs to change. Perhaps a little less warm and nice and a little more cold and businesslike.

TwistedChief 01-21-2019 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14061866)
So you're not going to fly a larger counter banner?

No, I will assuredly do this.

Mephistopheles Janx 01-21-2019 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14061878)
No, I will assuredly do this.

Dueling banners! Perhaps we can get the Cessna airplanes to do strafing runs at one another with a passenger firing weapons from an open window/door.

Last plane in the air gets to fly their message unimpeded for the remainder of their fuel.

GloryDayz 01-21-2019 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx (Post 14061892)
Dueling banners! Perhaps we can get the Cessna airplanes to do strafing runs at one another with a passenger firing weapons from an open window/door.

Last plane in the air gets to fly their message unimpeded for the remainder of their fuel.

I'm all for it, the more attention we can bring to it the better.

Skyy God 01-21-2019 06:20 PM

How about we sign DJ and Tamba next year too!

Get the band back together.

scho63 01-21-2019 06:23 PM

Sutton banner I could possibly see but not Eric Berry. I'm thinking Chiefs realize Berry has little value on the field. Similar to letting DJ go. Painful must the right medicine.

Skyy God 01-21-2019 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 14062003)
Sutton banner I could possibly see but not Eric Berry. I'm thinking Chiefs realize Berry has little value on the field. Similar to letting DJ go. Painful must the right medicine.

Andy said Berry was coming back.

Hoping that was just happy talk is not a plan.

Pitt Gorilla 01-21-2019 08:29 PM

Berry’s extension was a terrible mistake. Clark seems to enjoy stepping in it.

New World Order 01-21-2019 08:35 PM

Would Clark even let Andy release Berry?