ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Better Call Saul (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277119)

Pitt Gorilla 06-20-2017 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12924786)
I came here to post this.

My God.

Amazing shot.

Pitt Gorilla 06-20-2017 10:19 PM

Not from last night, but still nice.

https://www.channelguidemag.com/wp-c...ner-office.jpg

Molitoth 06-20-2017 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12924359)
Hope we see more of Nacho. I love his character. Fantastic actor whoever that guy is.

Nachos storyline is one of my current favorites. :clap:

Molitoth 06-20-2017 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12924107)
It's hard to grade folks for a job they've done playing characters that they created, so I can't compare the 'new crew' to guys like Odenkirk and Esposito.

But man, Patrick Fabian has just killed it as Howard Hamlin. He's had just enough nuance to his performance that you can see the occasions of guilt and betrayal. His sheen of arrogance is exposed as pride and duty on occasion as well.

Hamlin, against all odds, has become one of the most likable characters in the show, IMO.

Agreed.

Buehler445 06-20-2017 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12924800)
I'm just really glad that Rhea is getting this opportunity to be lauded for both her beauty and her talent.

She's always been attractive, but her particular look has typecast her as the bitchy WASPy friend. She was in a string of dire sitcoms bitching about her ex-boyfriend and her painful shoes for laughs. Then she came in as the foil in the last season of Franklin and Bash.

She's one of those you see and say 'I HATE this show, but I hope she gets better work later.'

Yeah. She trips my trigger.

Beyond that though, her internal identity crisis is a pretty big deal in the story. It's obviously not as overt as Chuck offing himself, But it is a big plot piece. Kim has always grounded Jimmy. Given him a glimpse of a life to strive for. Now that she's going off the rails a bit, his moral compass is going to be gone and lead further down the road of Saul. Good writing too, something as innocuous as a completely unrelated car accident subtly but dramatically changes 2 characters lives.

Par for the course. The writing has been largely excellent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 12924595)
Is it just me, or do you feel the kicking of the table was too drawn out? I fail to see the purpose. Maybe if Chuck's condition had created ticks and spasms before (it always seemed to paralyze him), could I see the purpose behind the drawn out scene, but it felt like it was filler and served no other true purpose.

Bash away.

Meh. Looked to me like he was getting up the nerve to do it. Happens a lot with suicides. People half ass it and chicken out before they do it for real.

Besides, have you watched the show? The producers love to work towards an event rather than stuffing it down your throat.

Dunit35 06-21-2017 12:03 AM

This show hasn't been renewed for season four?

I'm going to be pissed if it doesn't get renewed.

Gadzooks 06-21-2017 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 12924690)
I was surprised at how big her butt was. :shake:

Her butt is not big. Hip to waist ratio is a common means for men to judge a woman's ability to spawn superior children, hence, it's natural for a man to pop a boner when they see a woman with plump bottom and a small waist.

Healthier offspring + More cushion for the pushin' = win, win

eDave 06-21-2017 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 12924807)
Not from last night, but still nice.

https://www.channelguidemag.com/wp-c...ner-office.jpg

Nice feet too. Schwing!

http://johnhongshotme.com/wp-content...ngstudio05.jpg

mdchiefsfan 06-21-2017 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12924845)
Yeah. She trips my trigger.

Beyond that though, her internal identity crisis is a pretty big deal in the story. It's obviously not as overt as Chuck offing himself, But it is a big plot piece. Kim has always grounded Jimmy. Given him a glimpse of a life to strive for. Now that she's going off the rails a bit, his moral compass is going to be gone and lead further down the road of Saul. Good writing too, something as innocuous as a completely unrelated car accident subtly but dramatically changes 2 characters lives.

Par for the course. The writing has been largely excellent.

Meh. Looked to me like he was getting up the nerve to do it. Happens a lot with suicides. People half ass it and chicken out before they do it for real.

Besides, have you watched the show? The producers love to work towards an event rather than stuffing it down your throat.

I have. I don't know. It just feels like they did it to do it. I guess it wouldn't be as much of a conclusion to season without some dramatics. Just made me disconnect from the moment for a bit.

eDave 06-21-2017 06:37 AM

Couple of kicks too long.

Sandy Vagina 06-21-2017 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12924800)
I'm just really glad that Rhea is getting this opportunity to be lauded for both her beauty and her talent.

I'd give her no higher than a 6 on neck up, but her body is an easy 8. No problems with her acting in this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12924713)
Neither Jimmy or Chuck are sociopaths. They both walk a grey line but they're not engaged in criminal activity.

Manipulation? Sure.

Chuck wasn't evil. He was an asshole. Jimmy isn't evil but he's often very self serving although he's shown more compassion than Chuck ever did by helping Kim.

But in the end, neither are sociopaths.

Agree with all of this.. well said.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 12924595)
Is it just me, or do you feel the kicking of the table was too drawn out? I fail to see the purpose. Maybe if Chuck's condition had created ticks and spasms before (it always seemed to paralyze him), could I see the purpose behind the drawn out scene, but it felt like it was filler and served no other true purpose.

Bash away.

drawn out scenes and fillers? in this show?!?

oh but no, how dare you, sir? :p

BucEyedPea 06-21-2017 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12924713)
Neither Jimmy or Chuck are sociopaths. They both walk a grey line but they're not engaged in criminal activity.

Manipulation? Sure.

Chuck wasn't evil. He was an asshole. Jimmy isn't evil but he's often very self serving although he's shown more compassion than Chuck ever did by helping Kim.

But in the end, neither are sociopaths.

I didn't say they were sociopaths though. I merely answered the question that was asked in the writer's room, which I quoted.

Quote:

Something we’ve discussed in the writers room is: What’s really the difference between a person who does bad things and feels bad about it, and someone who does bad things and doesn’t feel bad about it?
I've seen Jimmy feel bad after he does some bad things. He actually made amends for what he did to Irene. Though, I haven't seen it as much remorse with Chuck, but he doesn't do the kinds of things Jimmy does either.

You do not have to be a criminal to be a sociopath though. Some of them live amongst us.

https://www.amazon.com/Sociopath-Nex.../dp/0767915828

There's a book called the Sociopath Next Door.

BucEyedPea 06-21-2017 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 12924999)
Agree with all of this.. well said.

I didn't say what he was refuting.

Sandy Vagina 06-21-2017 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 12925059)
I didn't say what he was refuting.

I get that. Just agreeing with the thoughts in his post.. not why he posted it in the first place. :thumb:

Sure-Oz 06-21-2017 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12924726)
All his efforts backfired and in the end he was left with nothing to control or conquer.

No battles with Jimmy
No relationship with him to dispense judgment
No battles with Howard
Bluff called on the ouster suit, at personal expense to his partner, demonstrating just how unwelcome his continued presence was.
No battles with malpractice underwriters
No battles with the electricity coursing through his house.
Every connection had been severed [literally and figuratively] and no one was left to battle, judge or defeat.

Makes sense...wasn't sure of seeing Jimmy again was the only reason. Now I'm curious how Kim exits since they killed Chuck.