ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244344)

DaFace 11-22-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10212468)
Have you had a crappy day today, DaFace? :D

Me? No. I've read the books. Just looking out for those who haven't.

Bowser 11-22-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10212482)
Me? No. I've read the books. Just looking out for those who haven't.

Ah. Good guy DaFace. At first I pictured you MFing all over the house not knowing what was on deck and finding out by mistake....

Pasta Little Brioni 11-22-2013 06:24 PM

Only thing g I had spoiled was needs death.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-22-2013 06:25 PM

****ing phone

BigRedChief 11-22-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10212463)
PSA: A note to all of those who haven't read the books...

DO NOT GOOGLE "GAME OF THRONES SEASON 4".

I repeat...

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU GOOGLE "GAME OF THRONES SEASON 4".

You have been warned.

THIS!

Some good stuff coming. Just stay away from the Google machine.

Tribal Warfare 11-22-2013 06:56 PM

Spoiler!

Aries Walker 11-22-2013 07:07 PM

I'm really glad you posted the warning, not only so I wouldn't Google Season 4, but also because it gave me another excuse to watch the Medieval Land Fun Time World video.

Bambi 12-05-2013 10:38 PM

Get your Tywin fix right here…

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/70spkNuDP1k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Valiant 12-14-2013 03:17 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4275F8aCWBM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Easy 6 12-14-2013 03:24 PM

Is this one those shows that you absolutely have to be there from the beginning to get?

I picked up the complete season two the other day, even has a little booklet to kinda tell you about the major players and even with that, studying it as i watch, its tough to know just what the hells going on... its a beautiful show, very pleasing to the eye with killer production values, but man...

Are Dinklage and his sister the good guys, or is it all just shades of gray with this show... at this point, the only thing i'm absolutely sure of is that the Iron King snotnosed brat is bad, something akin to Commodus from Gladiator.

NewChief 12-14-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10276556)
Is this one those shows that you absolutely have to be there from the beginning to get?

I picked up the complete season two the other day, even has a little booklet to kinda tell you about the major players and even with that, studying it as i watch, its tough to know just what the hells going on... its a beautiful show, very pleasing to the eye with killer production values, but man...

Are Dinklage and his sister the good guys, or is it all just shades of gray with this show... at this point, the only thing i'm absolutely sure of is that the Iron King snotnosed brat is bad, something akin to Commodus from Gladiator.

Shades of Grey for sure, and you definitely need to watch the 1st season. Even then, you'll struggle if you haven't read the books. A guide to the Houses and members of the houses will help as well.

Easy 6 12-14-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10276567)
Shades of Grey for sure, and you definitely need to watch the 1st season. Even then, you'll struggle if you haven't read the books. A guide to the Houses and members of the houses will help as well.

Yeah that figures, i'll look around for season one... the booklet i have has short descriptions of each house, but it hasn't been of much help so far.

The only things i think i have a grip on is the bad king kid of the main house, dinklage and co. the Targeryns? and Robb Stark of the north house who is currently being held captive by hell if i know and their giant wolf lol.

Valiant 12-14-2013 03:42 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4dbR9k4kVVg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Aries Walker 12-14-2013 05:23 PM

Yeah, watch the first season. Not only will you get more context, but it's a really good season.

BigRedChief 12-14-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

You need to watch the first season. Fantastic TV.
Quote:

I think most people who have read the books should stay away from questions like this. They could inadvertently give something up.

Even though I'd watched all the seasons before I read the books. The books provided so much more detail about the characters. Some "stuff" happens in the books that doesn't happen in the show.