ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games *** Official Diablo III Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212603)

Buck 06-03-2012 10:30 AM

I gave to add the authentication code from my phone every single time.

Bump 06-03-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8655153)
No infections. I have eset node32 running active and just did a sweep over all my partitions.. Nothing suspect.
And I've been using the mobile authenticator on my iphone since this problem was first announced... Shit just happened.

that's interesting. Is your authenticator set up to where you need to put in the code every time you log in? I'm interested to know if actiblizzards claims are fact or fiction.

But what class you running with now? I'll keep an eye out for gear for you.

QuikSsurfer 06-03-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8655181)
that's interesting. Is your authenticator set up to where you need to put in the code every time you log in? I'm interested to know if actiblizzards claims are fact or fiction.

But what class you running with now? I'll keep an eye out for gear for you.

Not setup for every time but set to reauthenticate once a week. I'll probably make adjustments to this later - battle.net is down right now.
There are too many reports of people being hacked with authentication on for this to be a "non issue".
I'm running through on Nightmare as a Demon Hunter - I appreciate it :)

Mr. Laz 06-03-2012 04:39 PM

took a break from my DH and got a wizard up to lvl 20

Wizard seems so much easier so far

even the bosses die faster

maybe it's just because i know what's going to happen and how to fight

Imon Yourside 06-03-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8655761)

No i'm doing the same thing with the witch doctor, it's because everything is easier in the beginning. I feel like the WD is the best class but i'm sure to be singing a different tune here in about 20 levels.

Bump 06-04-2012 12:50 AM

levels 20-45 is just lazer beam baby! That's all I did through those levels, now I'm starting to have to use some different stuff too. I have no idea how to play the wizard still, but I figure it won't matter much till I get to inferno and then see what to do.

Aspengc8 06-04-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8655199)
Not setup for every time but set to reauthenticate once a week. I'll probably make adjustments to this later - battle.net is down right now.
There are too many reports of people being hacked with authentication on for this to be a "non issue".
I'm running through on Nightmare as a Demon Hunter - I appreciate it :)

Always set it to authenticate per login. A week is too much time to brute force the authenticator #.

Sofa King 06-04-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8655047)
You have to type in a code from a key generator or from your smartphone..

Ihave one, though it only asks me to do it once a week, not every log in..

I have read lots of reports with it happening with people with authenticators.. Blizzard just sucks about fixing the issues.. They need to nerf stuff first, so most people do not beat inferno..

The people claiming they have authenticators have been trolls. Blizzard can see if they have authenticators or not, and none have. They're trolling, lying, or they didn't have it set to "ask every time".

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8655153)
No infections. I have eset node32 running active and just did a sweep over all my partitions.. Nothing suspect.
And I've been using the mobile authenticator on my iphone since this problem was first announced... Shit just happened.

There won't be an infection. You were phished. You probably visited a site and typed your info in, then they simply logged in to your account.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8655761)

I pretty much blasted through all 3 of the first difficulties without too much trouble. Disentegrate just owned everything. But don't plan on using it in inferno. If you stop for .000005 seconds to shoot it, you're dead. Arcane orb and magic missile ftw.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8656869)
levels 20-45 is just lazer beam baby! That's all I did through those levels, now I'm starting to have to use some different stuff too. I have no idea how to play the wizard still, but I figure it won't matter much till I get to inferno and then see what to do.

Good luck in act 2 inferno. that's all i gotta say.

Mr. Laz 06-04-2012 10:38 AM

wizard is more fun than DH, that's for sure.

step 1: put on some speed boots
step 2: activate Diamond skin
step 3: run around in circles until you have big old mob clustered together ... absorb ... absorb ... absorb :)
step 4: run into the middle of mob and hit frost nova
step 5: double tap meteor
step 6: drop arcane hydra
step 7: watch everything die

Sofa King 06-04-2012 10:39 AM

I'm finding that Diamond skin is worthless in inferno. They blast right through it in 1 hit and still kill me.

suds79 06-04-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8656604)
No i'm doing the same thing with the witch doctor, it's because everything is easier in the beginning. I feel like the WD is the best class but i'm sure to be singing a different tune here in about 20 levels.

I've got your prototypical summoner build going on with my WD.

Zombie dogs, Gargantuan, Spider Queen, Toad of Hugeness. etc.

But I have a buddy in inferno and from what I hear, they all pretty much die instantly on that level.

But I have a long, long way to go before I worry about that. If my HC Witch Doctor makes it that far, I'll be more than happy.

Imon Yourside 06-04-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8657449)
I've got your prototypical summoner build going on with my WD.

Zombie dogs, Gargantuan, Spider Queen, Toad of Hugeness. etc.

But I have a buddy in inferno and from what I hear, they all pretty much die instantly on that level.

But I have a long, long way to go before I worry about that. If my HC Witch Doctor makes it that far, I'll be more than happy.

I have a buddy who has a lvl 59 witch doctor and he is almost impossible to kill on hell. Everyone else dies but him and he is wearing crappy equipment so it gives me hope.

Sofa King 06-04-2012 04:31 PM

Hey drunkie. I think we can beat inferno Diablo, but I think it would take 4 players and a very long time.

Mr. Laz 06-04-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8658044)
Hey drunkie. I think we can beat inferno Diablo, but I think it would take 4 players and a very long time.

what if you got a 4 summoner WD's party and just tried to 'zoomancer' inferno?

drunkie 06-04-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 8658044)

why? i can just solo him. he really isn't that hard. i was just trying to bring you along for the free boost