ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

the Talking Can 01-10-2009 01:33 AM

just saw "Let The Right One In"

one of the better movies I have seen in years...super smart script, you don't quite realize what has happened until the movie is over and then it all goes click click click and becomes something more interesting and less happy than you thought...never seen a vampire flick like it....

amazing kid actors...

the Talking Can 01-10-2009 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5366566)
Check out "Let the Right One In".

Not that you get any background... It's just the best vampire movie in years.

bingo

brilliant movie...

Fire Me Boy! 01-10-2009 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portlantis (Post 5374664)
You should have gone for the trifecta and watched The Piano as well. Or Amadeus.

It was late, and I needed to go to bed.

blaise 01-10-2009 08:12 AM

I have Brick, Descent, and Slither at home right now. I can only watcch one tonight. Someone tell me the best of the three.

QuikSsurfer 01-10-2009 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 5374980)
I have Brick, Descent, and Slither at home right now. I can only watcch one tonight. Someone tell me the best of the three.

Brick, hands down.

KcMizzou 01-10-2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 5375076)
Brick, hands down.

I'll have to check that one out. I must have missed it.

I enjoyed both The Descent, and Slither.. for different reasons. The Descent's just a really good horror flick, and Slither's one of those campy horror movies that pokes fun at itself.

Nzoner 01-10-2009 11:17 AM

Woke up too early this morning and thought oh well I'll watch a movie,my Aunt had left a copy of The Brave One with Jodie Foster and Terrance Howard here about 3 months ago so I popped it in.

Gotta admit at first I'm thinking oh great a female Death Wish but I stuck with it and real glad I did because as the story unfolded I found myself riveted to the performances of Foster and Howard.Damn good movie.

QuikSsurfer 01-10-2009 02:14 PM

Just watched The Unborn... Not worth renting.
I'm always suckered in to horror movies.

Baby Lee 01-10-2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 5375719)
Just watched The Unborn... Not worth renting.
I'm always suckered in to horror movies.

That looked so shitty, yet was so heavily marketed that I wondered if I might actually be risking missing a secret masterpiece.

ETA - I have Five Easy Pieces on the DVR and am half stoked half dreading watching it. I know the iconic 'sammich between your KNEES' scene, but nothing else, save it's Jack, it's the 70s and it has 4 stars. What to expect? Or should I watch with no expectations except a good experience. Ebert gave it 4 stars in 1970, and came back to name it to his 'Great Movie' list in 2003, plus it's right in there with Bonnie and Clyde* and Easy Rider in the period where American Cinema turned the corner to modernity, so I hope it'll live up.

* - for people not familar, I categorize American Cinema as pre-Bonnie and Clyde, and post-Bonnie and Clyde.

Buehler445 01-10-2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 5374539)
So how is Righteous Kill? I looked back aways but couldn't find anything. What's the word? I'm intrigued.

Nothing on Righteous Kill? Rotten Tomatoes only gave it 21%...any opinion fellas?

Hammock Parties 01-11-2009 11:58 AM

I'll go see this.

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CvUxdQ4q-Lg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CvUxdQ4q-Lg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

I still get pissed every time I see Neeson in a movie, though, after he swore he was finished after Episode I.

DaneMcCloud 01-11-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5379094)
I still get pissed every time I see Neeson in a movie, though, after he swore he was finished after Episode I.

Working with George Lucas will do that to you

Hammock Parties 01-11-2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5379126)
Working with George Lucas will do that to you

Don't tell me that was the reason... ROFL

George probably cut after Neeson's first take on every scene.

Fire Me Boy! 01-11-2009 12:12 PM

Huh.... I didn't realize Neeson did the voice for Father in Fallout 3.

Guess I should'a paid more attention.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-11-2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5379135)
Don't tell me that was the reason... ROFL

George probably cut after Neeson's first take on every scene.

Oh Whaaaaa! It didn't stop him from hobnobbing around the globe with Lucas for the Premier of Epi III.

"Faster and more intense, Spud Farmer"!