ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Tony Romo rumor (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305387)

raybec 4 03-06-2017 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 12770592)
Because we've experienced a lifetime of futility from this shit organization. They need a wakeup call.

I have been a Chiefs fan all my life, I'll never root against them. It wasn't very long ago we were 2-14. I think the guys who turned it around have earned a little leeway in terms of talent evaluation.

kcchiefsus 03-06-2017 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 12770601)
I have been a Chiefs fan all my life, I'll never root against them. It wasn't very long ago we were 2-14. I think the guys who turned it around have earned a little leeway in terms of talent evaluation.

It takes more than 1 playoff victory for them to earn a little leeway in my opinion.

Mile High Mania 03-06-2017 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12770498)
If Denver gets Romo, I hope KC drafts a ton of corners and pass rushers to make his stay there brief and uneventful.

So, are you really that concerned with Romo signing in Denver?

Eleazar 03-06-2017 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 12770772)
So, are you really that concerned with Romo signing in Denver?

I'm not. He's a moderate upgrade from Siemian if he's healthy, but Romo isn't a world beater and isn't likely to stay healthy.

Red Dawg 03-06-2017 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 12770592)
Because we've experienced a lifetime of futility from this shit organization. They need a wakeup call.

You mean a wake up call like going 47 years without a SB title? That type of wake up call? If that's not enough nothing will.

-King- 03-06-2017 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 12770583)
This. I also hope Carr ****s our shit without lube this year so Dorsey will finally see what a real QB can do.

So if he loses to us like he always does, does that mean he's not a real QB? ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

Mile High Mania 03-06-2017 05:02 PM

I'm not liking it at all.... the rumors are so rampant now, I should likely prepare for Romo in Denver.

kccrow 03-06-2017 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 12770946)
I'm not liking it at all.... the rumors are so rampant now, I should likely prepare for Romo in Denver.

Why would you not like it? If Romo stays healthy, Denver becomes a SB favorite immediately.

Mile High Mania 03-06-2017 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12770971)
Why would you not like it? If Romo stays healthy, Denver becomes a SB favorite immediately.

That's a big "if" and I've never been a Romo fan... I live in Dallas, I've seen a lot of him. For the money, the age and the risk... I'm not a fan. And, they have to really upgrade that OL to keep his fragile ass upright. That's a tall order and one they have to nail.

raybec 4 03-06-2017 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 12770993)
That's a big "if" and I've never been a Romo fan... I live in Dallas, I've seen a lot of him. For the money, the age and the risk... I'm not a fan. And, they have to really upgrade that OL to keep his fragile ass upright. That's a tall order and one they have to nail.

They have to upgrade that OL no matter who is playing QB. If they did take Romo and his injury history on, they would immediately be better than the Chiefs. I still think the Raiders will probably win the division in '17.

ClevelandBronco 03-06-2017 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12770971)

In the AFC, they're already a favorite behind only the Steelers and the favorite, the Patriots.

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/2/6/145...dallas-cowboys

kccrow 03-06-2017 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 12770993)

I think it's entirely possible. Draft a LT round 1 like Bolles, get a serviceable RT in FA like Reiff, and get a stud RG in FA like Zeitler... they'd be off to a good start. They have the cap space to make a "splash" for a guy like Zeitler. If they can get Reiff on a RT deal, even if its high, rather than a LT deal, then that's a win because he is an OK LT that could help Denver if something goes wrong on that side.

Sure, they might spend 18-20 million per on making those signings, but with over 40 million in cap room, they'd be fine. Fill in your holes defensively in the draft.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-06-2017 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12770498)
If Denver gets Romo, I hope KC drafts a ton of corners and pass rushers to make his stay there brief and uneventful.

All you gotta do is knock him down a couple times and he'll have a broken spine AGAIN. Romo going to denver and trading off semen will be good for the chiefs. well , even if semen stays it's good for the Chiefs . Hell we win either way !

Mile High Mania 03-06-2017 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 12771029)
All you gotta do is knock him down a couple times and he'll have a broken spine AGAIN. Romo going to denver and trading off semen will be good for the chiefs. well , even if semen stays it's good for the Chiefs . Hell we win either way !

It's the 3 broken collarbones that concern me more than the back... he's very fragile there, one solid hit and bam, another break.

BigCatDaddy 03-06-2017 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 12771127)
It's the 3 broken collarbones that concern me more than the back... he's very fragile there, one solid hit and bam, another break.

What is the worst that coukd happen? You are back to the two guys you likely would have had anyways?