ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Brett Veach prioritizing re-signing Chris Jones, L'Jarius Sneed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352215)

MahomesMagic 02-24-2024 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17416403)
Sign Mooney to one year deal

Draft WR in either R1 or R2

That offense could get real tough to contend with in a hurry

Mooney is very affordable because the $$$ to pay him comes just from cutting MVS.

And I agree if we hit on a WR better than Rice in this draft our offense will be MUCH better.

I do think backup RB is a sneaky need as we are more dependent on Pacheco than some might think. Call Pollard and see what he wants there.

staylor26 02-24-2024 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17416422)
Mooney is very affordable because the $$$ to pay him comes just from cutting MVS.

And I agree if we hit on a WR better than Rice in this draft our offense will be MUCH better.

I do think backup RB is a sneaky need as we are more dependent on Pacheco than some might think. Call Pollard and see what he wants there.

This qualifier is odd.

We need to hit on a WR "better" than Rice to be much better?

Again, your expectations are just way too high.

Rice is your WR1 next year. Just accept it now.

RunKC 02-24-2024 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17416431)
This qualifier is odd.

Need a WR better than the WR that broke the Chiefs rookie WR records LMAO

Chris Meck 02-24-2024 05:40 PM

Quote:

This qualifier is odd.

Yeah, Mooney and a top 64 pick, and you're probably good. Especially if it allows you to keep the defense together.

Mooney had over 1000 yards, in this offense, under Nagy. No learning curve.

MahomesMagic 02-24-2024 05:53 PM

Quote:

This qualifier is odd.

You might have missed the playoffs where our offense with Rice and Kelce playing as a HOF unicorn (which he did not during the regular season)

went 16 or 17 drives without a TD in the AFC Championship and SB.

The goal is not to beat shit defenses like the Bills but score lots of points against the cream of the crop.

So yeah, I want more. Especially since we have only drafted 1 good WR in the last 6 years.

And what's wrong with aiming high? We are the Chiefs.

Excellence should be EXPECTED.

Easy 6 02-24-2024 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17416056)
I think I am leaning option #1 but I don't think any of them are bad...

I just can't get down with letting a young, just now hitting prime Sneed go in any scenario... his stats this year were amazeballs, Sneed Island level stats

At this point I'm operating from the position that we somehow by hook or crook keep both of them... the caps going up, we'll get some restructures here and there, and Jones will hopefully see the value in legacy over the almighty top dollar

But if anyone absolutely has to go, its 30 year old Jones IMO

It sucks, but thats how it has to be... or maybe not, we'll see

MahomesMagic 02-24-2024 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 17416481)
Yeah, Mooney and a top 64 pick, and you're probably good. Especially if it allows you to keep the defense together.

Mooney had over 1000 yards, in this offense, under Nagy. No learning curve.

Mooney and another Skyy Moore doesn't do enough for me.

pugsnotdrugs19 02-24-2024 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17416492)
Mooney and another Skyy Moore doesn't do enough for me.

The odds of another Skyy Moore, especially in this year’s class, are extremely low

MahomesMagic 02-24-2024 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17416497)
The odds of another Skyy Moore, especially in this year’s class, are extremely low

Let's not get too cocky because we finally hit on one WR in 6 years.

I would say the chances of missing on WR are pretty high.

pugsnotdrugs19 02-24-2024 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 17416501)
Let's not get too cocky because we finally hit on one WR in 6 years.

I would say the chances of missing on WR are pretty high.

It’s looked at as the best WR class since at least 2020 and maybe even 2014. You’re getting typical year R1 talent throughout the 2nd round too.

Moore is really the only miss Veach has. Hardman, for where he was picked, was a solid choice. Rice is a home run.

I trust the team that has drafted better than anyone relative to their slot for the past three years.

MahomesMagic 02-24-2024 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17416522)
It’s looked at as the best WR class since at least 2020 and maybe even 2014. You’re getting typical year R1 talent throughout the 2nd round too.

Moore is really the only miss Veach has. Hardman, for where he was picked, was a solid choice. Rice is a home run.

I trust the team that has drafted better than anyone relative to their slot for the past three years.

Well, in the draft forum I was told by people that we would not get a WR better than Rice or Jayden Reed who were 2nd round picks in last year's WR class and to not even dream of a Zay Flowers or a Jordan Addison.

Hardman was a HUGE miss when 3 WR's who have operated as #1 WR's for their respective teams were taken after him.

-King- 02-24-2024 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17416403)
Sign Mooney to one year deal

Draft WR in either R1 or R2

That offense could get real tough to contend with in a hurry

I'll take him, Hollywood or Pittman + round 1 WR and roll with it anyday.

Or swing for the fences for Aiyuk + a late round receiver.

RunKC 02-24-2024 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 17416522)

Hardman had 16 TD's in his rookie contract. He also had a couple ST's returns and closed out 2 games for us this year. That's by no means a "miss".

As for the draft, I don't think the Chiefs want any part of a relying on a rookie WR again, even though Rice was excellent as the year went on. I think they grab a solid vet like Mooney and bring back Hardman to go with Watson as depth. Keep the continuity while adding more talent.

I still think the 2nd rd will have some really good value receivers available

Sofa King 02-24-2024 06:57 PM

There are going to be good OT options around our pick or a slight trade up. Wouldn’t be a bad idea. And at SOME point we’re going to have to start drafting DT’s.

pugsnotdrugs19 02-24-2024 07:23 PM

Hardman was putting together a nice little contract year before the core injury in 2022, which people forget because he wasn’t really used the rest of that season. But he’s not chopped liver and plays a damn nice role within KC’s scheme.