ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs McDowell: Why The Chiefs Pursuit to Renovate Arrowhead Has Hit A Snag (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=351198)

Eleazar 01-19-2024 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 17345791)
BS. The only reason White is being a bitch is he is still pissed that he was never hired to manage the MLB team.

I agree that it seems Frank White has an axe to grind with the Royals, but that is the stated reason.

Frazod 01-19-2024 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 17345948)
This is a horrible idea. I am a long time season ticket holder and would give them up in a heartbeat if I had to fight traffic in a city area, and pay way more to park reasonably close to the stadium on gamedays. Then sit in traffice for an hour while I try to get on the road for my 3 hour drive back. All the season ticket holders around me live an hour or more from the stadium and would feel the same way.

THIS. I've attended dozens of games at Wrigley and Soldier Field over the years, and driving to those games absolutely sucks balls.

George Liquor 01-19-2024 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 17345316)
Are they the Missouri Chiefs now?

Topeka Chiefs vs the Cheyenne Broncos

Shiver Me Timbers 01-19-2024 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdj23 (Post 17346120)

Aurora Broncos.......
Right next to the Super Wal Mart

Mr. Plow 01-19-2024 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdj23 (Post 17346120)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers (Post 17346162)
Aurora Broncos.......
Right next to the Super Wal Mart

Billion dollar ideas coming out now! :)

George Liquor 01-19-2024 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 17346200)

I actually like Cheyenne. Topeka on the other hand, not so much...

Talisman 01-19-2024 01:37 PM

As someone not familiar with the details of the original rolling roof design, were there plans to be able to enclose the sides and temperature control the stadium? If it's simply a roof, wouldn't that just protect from rain/snow, but still be cold as balls? How does that progress us toward hosting a Super Bowl?

Eleazar 01-19-2024 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talisman (Post 17346261)
As someone not familiar with the details of the original rolling roof design, were there plans to be able to enclose the sides and temperature control the stadium? If it's simply a roof, wouldn't that just protect from rain/snow, but still be cold as balls? How does that progress us toward hosting a Super Bowl?

Building that carport would not help us get a Super Bowl, in the discussion around the Bills new stadium (which won't have a roof) IIRC they said it would be ineligible to host a Super Bowl without all the seats being covered, but that Buffalo would never be chosen anyway because the city isn't suitable for hosting the Super Bowl.

IowaHawkeyeChief 01-19-2024 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 17346274)
Building that carport would not help us get a Super Bowl, in the discussion around the Bills new stadium (which won't have a roof) IIRC they said it would be ineligible to host a Super Bowl without all the seats being covered, but that Buffalo would never be chosen anyway because the city isn't suitable for hosting the Super Bowl.

I think you have to have a pretty big number of hotel rooms, not sure what that number is, but new it was part of the qualification.How are Super Bowl cities selected?

Edit: Just found this online:
Quote:

The NFL has several criteria for selecting Super Bowl host cities, which range from the stadium itself to local alcohol laws and entertainment opportunities in the surrounding area. Here are a few of the many criteria needed to host the Super Bowl:

Market that hosts an NFL team
Minimum 70,000 seating capacity
Average gameday temperature of at least 50 degrees Fahrenheit
Dome (for stadiums that don't meet prior requirement)
Practice space of equal and comparable quality for both teams
Hotel spaces equaling 35 percent of stadium's capacity
Space for the Gameday Experience, NFL Experience

Brody Wa 01-19-2024 02:05 PM

Is Kansas still a dry state? Back in the day we had to drive to Missouri on Sundays because you couldn’t buy alcohol in the state of Kansas on Sundays.

Balto 01-19-2024 02:11 PM

Quote:

If I remember correctly....It was an agreement with the NFL that IF the county vote passed and they build the "Rolling Carport Roof" KC would in FACT get a Super Bowl.

Shiver Me Timbers 01-19-2024 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 17346200)

We try

DRM08 01-19-2024 02:14 PM

Quote:

Minnesota hosted a Super Bowl. Seems like it would be possible in other snowy places.

Shiver Me Timbers 01-19-2024 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brody Wa (Post 17346303)
Is Kansas still a dry state? Back in the day we had to drive to Missouri on Sundays because you couldn’t buy alcohol in the state of Kansas on Sundays.

WAY back in the day we used to drive to Nebraska From NC Kansas. It was easier to fake being 19yrs old (as opposed to 21) when you are 16.

DJJasonp 01-19-2024 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 17346316)
Minnesota hosted a Super Bowl. Seems like it would be possible in other snowy places.

Didnt indianapolis? New York?