ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***** The Official Chiefs vs. Ravens game day thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=333864)

htismaqe 09-28-2020 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 15197894)
Can our LBs please make a ****ing tackle. If not it’s gonna be a long night.

The Ravens rushed for over 200 yards last year. It's not really going to matter in the end. The Ravens can't keep up. They HAVE to get stops on defense or it's just not going to matter.

DRM08 09-28-2020 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15197898)
My biggest worry is the Chiefs preparing for a blitz happy Ravens, and then the Ravens decide to play 7-8 in the secondary every snap, like hte Colts did last year.

The secret is out: The Chiefs want the big play every play. They don't want to drive down the field the hard way. And Andy Reid isn't going to let you force them to small ball. He's going to keep getting vertical on you no matter what coverage you're playing.

We'll see what Reid does, but i hope he has a plan ready in case the Ravens go all coverage on them.

They did plenty of dink & dunk against Houston. I would not mind seeing that approach again. Turn the tables on Baltimore by running a ton of clock on scoring drives.

htismaqe 09-28-2020 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoes (Post 15197896)
Anyone else getting Rams vs Chiefs MNF vibes? Hoping for a different result but hoping this MNF game is epic.

The Ravens can't score like that. They're not built for it.

crispystl 09-28-2020 11:39 AM

Quote:

My biggest worry is the Chiefs preparing for a blitz happy Ravens, and then the Ravens decide to play 7-8 in the secondary every snap, like hte Colts did last year.

The secret is out: The Chiefs want the big play every play. They don't want to drive down the field the hard way. And Andy Reid isn't going to let you force them to small ball. He's going to keep getting vertical on you no matter what coverage you're playing.

We'll see what Reid does, but i hope he has a plan ready in case the Ravens go all coverage on them.

We'll be fine. He knows what's he's doing.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09-28-2020 11:42 AM

Getting Pennel back will be huge!! He can stop Ingram and dobbins

crispystl 09-28-2020 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15197509)
lol

get ready to bomb these ****s

No Tryeek in that game last year and they had Earl Thomas.
Now in this one we have Tyreek and there's no Thomas. That's a pretty significant swing there.

smithandrew051 09-28-2020 11:49 AM

Quote:

The Chiefs also didn’t have Hill, Watkins, CEH, or Eric Fisher in that game. Kelce also had one of the worst games of his career.

The only reason the Colts were successful is because Byron Pringle was our number 1 receiver in that game.

MahomesMagic 09-28-2020 11:50 AM

If you think about how bad our lbs are you would think Ravens could run at will. I do think that Spags has the right philosophy against Ravens O. You can't read and react. Instead, you need to attack immediately upfield and shoot through gaps. If you guess wrong, oh well. Better to make a big stop, big play and disrupt their rhythm.

htismaqe 09-28-2020 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 15197938)
The Chiefs also didn’t have Hill, Watkins, CEH, or Eric Fisher in that game. Kelce also had one of the worst games of his career.

The only reason the Colts were successful is because Byron Pringle was our number 1 receiver in that game.

Exactly.

DRM08 09-28-2020 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 15197938)

Even then, the Colts game was going fine until Mahomes' ankle issue got re-aggravated. After that, the offense went to poop. Same thing with the Texans game as well.

htismaqe 09-28-2020 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15197939)
If you think about how bad our lbs are you would think Ravens could run at will. I do think that Spags has the right philosophy against Ravens O. You can't read and react. Instead, you need to attack immediately upfield and shoot through gaps. If you guess wrong, oh well. Better to make a big stop, big play and disrupt their rhythm.

Did you watch last year's game?

The last thing you want to do is shoot gaps, that's how Lamar gets loose for big gains.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09-28-2020 11:52 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Players entering the final year of their contract in 2021: Fisher, Schwartz, LDT, Rankin, Damien Williams, Nnadi, Mathieu, Watts. <br><br>Based on early returns of 2020 draft class, it should help soften the blow in some areas. They&#39;re going to have to do it again in 2021.</p>&mdash; Kent Swanson (@kent_swanson) <a href="https://twitter.com/kent_swanson/status/1310625724211097606?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 28, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

SuperBowl4 09-28-2020 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15197340)

Been wait'n all covid for Monday night! :evil:

Marcellus 09-28-2020 11:53 AM

Quote:

My biggest worry is the Chiefs preparing for a blitz happy Ravens, and then the Ravens decide to play 7-8 in the secondary every snap, like the Colts did last year.

This is exactly what the Texans tried and it killed them on the ground.

Marcellus 09-28-2020 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 15197947)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Players entering the final year of their contract in 2021: Fisher, Schwartz, LDT, Rankin, Damien Williams, Nnadi, Mathieu, Watts. <br><br>Based on early returns of 2020 draft class, it should help soften the blow in some areas. They&#39;re going to have to do it again in 2021.</p>&mdash; Kent Swanson (@kent_swanson) <a href="https://twitter.com/kent_swanson/status/1310625724211097606?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 28, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Why are they talking about 2022?