ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Planning a road trip to the Jacksonville game next year (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320906)

ChiefGator 07-28-2019 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 14367424)
Quick question......is the link above still one that you can use to buy tickets? I have told a couple of other local Chiefs fans I have happened upon wearing my Chiefs gear around town about the game and the events. Can they still go to that link and get tickets? Or should they also call Alexa?

Call or email Alexa.. I just bought tickets a week ago or so in the bottom area.

Alexa is great and easy to work with...

scho63 07-28-2019 01:54 PM

Amazing that you guys are doing all this AND it's in an opponent's stadium!

That's some "in-your-face" shit right there!

Mosbonian 07-28-2019 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefGator (Post 14367563)
Call or email Alexa.. I just bought tickets a week ago or so in the bottom area.

Alexa is great and easy to work with...

Thanks!

Hamwallet 07-28-2019 02:28 PM

I have not read this thread but just my 2 cents... I lived in Orlando Florida for most of my 20’s, I always wrote off Jacksonville. When I lived in Augusta GA the past 2 years before moving up to Virginia, Jacksonville Beach became our go to stop going and coming from Tampa or Orlando. It is like 100-150 a night on the beach with a balcony. If you are on the “boardwalk” everything is open with live music every night of the week. It is a really fun spot, and in terms of vacation money, it’s a bargain. The beach is fantastic also.

BigRedChief 07-28-2019 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 14367424)
Quick question......is the link above still one that you can use to buy tickets? I have told a couple of other local Chiefs fans I have happened upon wearing my Chiefs gear around town about the game and the events. Can they still go to that link and get tickets? Or should they also call Alexa?

link is still valid for upper deck tickets. We sold out the original 250 block all sitting together. Alexa is now creating 20 sets block of tickets near or in that orginal section to fill in with Chief fans.

You want lower level, you need to call Alexa. Tell her your with Arrowhead South and that’ll get you to the front of the line.

We are expecting 150-200 Chief fans on Saturday night. 500-1000 at the tailgate on Sunday.

BigRedChief 07-28-2019 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 14367583)
Amazing that you guys are doing all this AND it's in an opponent's stadium!

That's some "in-your-face" shit right there!

and the Jags are coroperating and paying a lot of the expenses to do all this stuff. Could you ever see in a million years the Chiefs doing anything like this for a visiting Jags group?ROFL

Mosbonian 07-28-2019 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14367753)
and the Jags are coroperating and paying a lot of the expenses to do all this stuff. Could you ever see in a million years the Chiefs doing anything like this for a visiting Jags group?ROFL

For all the crap we may give the Jaguars for their on-the-field performance, you have to give it to them for their Front Office accommodation to visiting fans.

They know tourism dollars drive the economy and if visitors (yes even football rivals) love their time in Jax they will tell others, which promotes even more opportunities.

I like living here in the Jax area..especially in Dec/Jan/Feb when all you guys back in KC are dealing with snow, ice and cold-ass weather.

BigRedChief 07-28-2019 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 14367843)
For all the crap we may give the Jaguars for their on-the-field performance, you have to give it to them for their Front Office accommodation to visiting fans.

They know tourism dollars drive the economy and if visitors (yes even football rivals) love their time in Jax they will tell others, which promotes even more opportunities.

I like living here in the Jax area..especially in Dec/Jan/Feb when all you guys back in KC are dealing with snow, ice and cold-ass weather.

yeah, we are also working with the Jacksonville visitors organization. The Hotel and Charmer of Commerce wants in on this event. We are raising money for charity. But, We are not a charity.

They have been great and supportive. We are meeting with the VP that’s rumored to be the GM in waiting, legal and PR departments on Monday. Giving us a tour of the stadium. Conference call with people etc.

We agreed to do some interviews about Jacksonville and working with them. I’m sure they are going to use it for other events and games in the PR. That’s okay, we are not going to lie. Don’t have too. They have rocked and rolled so far.

58-4ever 07-28-2019 07:00 PM

Mrs 58 and I will be joining you filthy animals in the oxy capitol later this year. Should be so much fun!

BigRedChief 07-29-2019 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 14368000)
Mrs 58 and I will be joining you filthy animals in the oxy capitol later this year. Should be so much fun!

Oxy capital? :hmmm: you got a connection? Lets liven up that tailgate.

/I kid

Mosbonian 07-29-2019 10:40 AM

Got my lower level seat....

Almost 20 years of being on here and I have managed to be inconspicuous to most of the community. Going to ruin that now.

BigRedChief 07-30-2019 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 14368721)
Got my lower level seat....

Almost 20 years of being on here and I have managed to be inconspicuous to most of the community. Going to ruin that now.

why? You can keep the low profile.

We signed the contract today. The Jaguars and their lawyers, sponsors. KC BBQ society, Arrowhead South, Jacksonville Convention bureau. Phones calls into the Mayor are going to be be made for help with resources and publicity.

The conventions and visitors bureau sent a car with blacked out windows with a driver to take our event planner to the meeting with the Jags. They want in. Will promote us and the fundraiser. Will find additional sponsors to get our expenses down.

Now the Hilton wants in too. They are the closest hotel to the stadium offering us a helluva deal. Will even let us bring the fundraiser into their ballrooms in case of rain. Will promote the fundraiser to every guest in their 1000 rooms.

“X”parking lot is an easy 5 minute walk to the stadium. BBQ teams will come from KC and they will use local teams in their BBQ society.

More details to be announced in the next day or two.

RowdyRaytown 07-30-2019 05:35 AM

7 of us from KCMO are flying into Jacksonville for this game. This is the first I have read of this. So who do I talk to about tailgating in lot X? We are needing a spot to tailgate and raise hell for the game.

MahiMike 07-30-2019 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14369876)
why? You can keep the low profile.

We signed the contract today. The Jaguars and their lawyers, sponsors. KC BBQ society, Arrowhead South, Jacksonville Convention bureau. Phones calls into the Mayor are going to be be made for help with resources and publicity.

The conventions and visitors bureau sent a car with blacked out windows with a driver to take our event planner to the meeting with the Jags. They want in. Will promote us and the fundraiser. Will find additional sponsors to get our expenses down.

Now the Hilton wants in too. They are the closest hotel to the stadium offering us a helluva deal. Will even let us bring the fundraiser into their ballrooms in case of rain. Will promote the fundraiser to every guest in their 1000 rooms.

“X”parking lot is an easy 5 minute walk to the stadium. BBQ teams will come from KC and they will use local teams in their BBQ society.

More details to be announced in the next day or two.

Very nice. Good job. I got my tickets in the lower level. Will be a cool birthday gift.

scho63 07-30-2019 09:05 AM

You guys need to get a TRUE TV press reporter from KC to do a story on this and a video.

That would be awesome