ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Demarcus Robinson, a superstar in the making? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316730)

CrowbarMan 08-13-2018 06:46 PM

Team went to shit last year when Conley got hurt and Robinson came in. A few picks due to 'miscommunications' - likely a code word for the receiver ran the wrong route. Especially if he's just finally understanding the playbook now.

WhiteWhale 08-13-2018 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrowbarMan (Post 13673420)
Team went to shit last year when Conley got hurt and Robinson came in. A few picks due to 'miscommunications' - likely a code word for the receiver ran the wrong route. Especially if he's just finally understanding the playbook now.

I think Robinson and Smith had an extreme lack of rapport/timing. Cos Robinson was open a lot and Alex would just whiff.

*coughsteelerscough*

Red Dawg 08-13-2018 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13673421)
I think Robinson and Smith had an extreme lack of rapport/timing. Cos Robinson was open a lot and Alex would just whiff.

*coughsteelerscough*

Funny how many many WRs had a lack of rapport with Smith.

Red Dawg 08-13-2018 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 13673418)
This is what I love about Chiefs Nation... Every year before preseason our fandom truly believes THIS is the year, and we constantly over value middling talent because we're such homers.

I wish I could feel way but we are in transition and probably starting 0-4.

CrowbarMan 08-13-2018 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13673421)

*coughsteelerscough*

Definitely bad against the steelers. Line was also terrible that game.

UChieffyBugger 08-13-2018 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13673416)
Conley is big, fast, and he can jump.

Robinson gets open. He dropped too many easy passes and seems to make easy catches more complicated than the should be (by jumping or some other unnecessary wasted movement) but can make TOUGH catches very well.

He's a much more instinctive player but I'm not seeing superstar on him.

It's going to be hard for any WR to get that status cos I fully expect Tyreek to put up great numbers this year. Something like 85/1400/10

That's a complete and utter myth. He only dropped one "easy" catch last year and the rest were damn near impossible to catch.

CrowbarMan 08-13-2018 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 13673425)

You saying he didn't have a rapport with Hill most of the season?

Kiimo 08-13-2018 07:00 PM

Quote:

This is what I love about Chiefs Nation... Every year before preseason our fandom truly believes THIS is the year, and we constantly over value middling talent because we're such homers.

But enough about Conley

Kiimo 08-13-2018 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrowbarMan (Post 13673436)
You saying he didn't have a rapport with Hill most of the season?

He did have a rapport with Hill.

It was called "underthrowing a wide open Tyreek Hill who is so fast he scored anyway"

Titty Meat 08-13-2018 07:43 PM

Quote:

Robinson and Conley as 4th,5th,6th options are great. Especially a guy who can get you 16 yards a catch and was money on 3rd down.

Rain Man 08-13-2018 09:42 PM

Quote:

But this really is the year, so it's different.

Chiefshrink 08-13-2018 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrowbarMan (Post 13673433)
Definitely bad against the steelers. Line was also terrible that game.

Our line will always be exposed against big tough physical d-lines.:rolleyes:

WhiteWhale 08-13-2018 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 13673425)

Huh? Pretty much every WR except for Robinson had a catch rate over 65%.

He just seemed more in tune with Mahomes, and I hope that translates. I was very disappointed when he actually had the opportunity to start.

WhiteWhale 08-13-2018 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 13673434)
That's a complete and utter myth. He only dropped one "easy" catch last year and the rest were damn near impossible to catch.

Stop it.

When he started against Denver the first ****ing pass from Mahomes bounced right off his chest.

And that wasn't the first.

I was very high after last year in preseason and training camp. He came out and caught 21 balls on 39 attempts for barely 10 yards a catch. Whoopie-do. Go prove it. He's not a rookie. He's started games. If he wants 500 yards, he'll have to do it on less than 100 targets.

kccrow 08-13-2018 10:47 PM

Let's see if he can become any type of legitimate NFL receiver before we think about superstar... ****.. he hasn't shown anything remotely resembling superstar to date. I'm not discounting that he could have an Adam Thielen-like meteoric rise, but it's not likely given the plethora of weapons ahead of him.