ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games *** Official Diablo III Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212603)

Pants 08-28-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 7857640)
Ya i hated Starcraft 1, as far as real strategy goes Total Annihilation/Supreme Commander ruined All other Real Time Strategy series' for me. I loved warcraft 1 and 2, but hated Warcraft III.

OK, but WoW had nothing to do with any of those games.

Imon Yourside 08-28-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7857643)
OK, but WoW had nothing to do with any of those games.

I was just saying at the time they changed programmers and artists they lost me. The kiddie graphics just don't do it for me.

Sofa King 08-28-2011 03:06 PM

The only complaint i have with Blizzard right now is the fact that they've dumbed down some of their games so much that any little kid can run a better character. Diablo used to be hard for most of the people. Now they've even taken out stat builds. You no longer can put your own attributes in, it does it automatically. You can still do skills at least.

listopencil 08-28-2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 7857744)
The only complaint i have with Blizzard right now is the fact that they've dumbed down some of their games so much that any little kid can run a better character. Diablo used to be hard for most of the people. Now they've even taken out stat builds. You no longer can put your own attributes in, it does it automatically. You can still do skills at least.

Yeah, it's true. They say that they are trying to make the game more fun/interesting for casual players. What they did was **** over the stats and drop a lot of time sinks into the game instead of content. So you get a lot of mindless stupid shit to grind.

Mr. Laz 08-28-2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 7857744)

they also got it so you can just re-do your character stats on the fly. You mess up the stats and you can just change them and not have to make a new guy or anything.

They are trying to make it more user friendly when it reality they just make character planning and work meaningless. Any moron can just start smashing buttons and eventually ask someone what to do and have a good character.

replayability takes a hugh hit because nobody with have to 'start over' and do it right. A game needs to be difficult and have consequences or it becomes boring and lame.

Hell i remember getting to the Hell level in Diablo II and finding out the hard way the my sorc couldn't kill some monsters because of their resists. LMAO

Imon Yourside 08-28-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7858321)
they also got it so you can just re-do your character stats on the fly. You mess up the stats and you can just change them and not have to make a new guy or anything.

They are trying to make it more user friendly when it reality they just make character planning and work meaningless. Any moron can just start smashing buttons and eventually ask someone what to do and have a good character.

replayability takes a hugh hit because nobody with have to 'start over' and do it right. A game needs to be difficult and have consequences or it becomes boring and lame.

Hell i remember getting to the Hell level in Diablo II and finding out the hard way the my sorc couldn't kill some monsters because of their resists. LMAO

They have respecs in diablo 2 now, i don't have a problem with that. As far as the sorc not being able to kill anything, that was changed in 1.10. Prior to that the sorc just racked through everything.

Hammock Parties 08-28-2011 09:40 PM

damn i forgot how much i loved diablo 1 and 2... I'm definitely going to load them up tonight and have some fun

Hammock Parties 08-28-2011 10:26 PM

i hate that diablo 3 is going to be online only, and items will be able to be sold for real life cash on their own market... oh well, ill still have to give it a try whenever it comes out, but on a fairly short leash

Mr. Laz 08-29-2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 7858645)
They have respecs in diablo 2 now

:shake:

weak sauce for pussies who can't man-up and work to be good.

Sofa King 08-29-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7859753)

Auto allocation pretty much eliminates many people's goal of trying to build a unique and more powerful character than everyone else.

Really pisses me off that they dumb these games down so much.

Mr. Laz 08-29-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 7859850)
Auto allocation pretty much eliminates many people's goal of trying to build a unique and more powerful character than everyone else.

Really pisses me off that they dumb these games down so much.

having to go back and start another character, because you spent a few skill points wrong, adds pressure and really invests people in their character development.

having auto points and respecs just means nobody really gives a shit.

easier =/= good

It's human nature ... strife,difficulty and hard work make the good things feel even better. Sense of accomplishment.

one of my pet peeves for RPG's is when that attributes/skills really don't mean much because the game is so easy it doesn't matter what you pick.

I understand that some people like how the skills change the storyline.

Ohhh, i'm a bad guy and now the people yell at me *ooh shiver*

i'm not really into that part of the RPG stuff. I'm into character building and problem solving. Then i use battle to gauge how well i solved the problem in character development.

Sofa King 08-30-2011 10:19 AM

http://8.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/95/9...bf0f1df392.jpg

Saulbadguy 08-30-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7859891)
having to go back and start another character, because you spent a few skill points wrong, adds pressure and really invests people in their character development.

having auto points and respecs just means nobody really gives a shit.

easier =/= good

It's human nature ... strife,difficulty and hard work make the good things feel even better. Sense of accomplishment.

one of my pet peeves for RPG's is when that attributes/skills really don't mean much because the game is so easy it doesn't matter what you pick.

I understand that some people like how the skills change the storyline.

Ohhh, i'm a bad guy and now the people yell at me *ooh shiver*

i'm not really into that part of the RPG stuff. I'm into character building and problem solving. Then i use battle to gauge how well i solved the problem in character development.

I really do agree with you, however Blizzard realized it needs to cater to the widest audience out there.

I think we will both enjoy Diablo 3...maybe not as much as the first or second, but I think it will have something there for everyone.

Imon Yourside 08-30-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7859753)

In all honesty it takes less than 12 hours for me to get to lvl 85, so I guess blizzard thinks they can cut down on character creation/space issues by allowing respecs.

Setsuna 09-03-2011 10:16 AM

I stopped playing WoW. Went to Rift.