ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Former LAPD officer on rampage in So Cal (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269787)

dirk digler 02-12-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9397956)
Dirk I like you man but come on.

Sorry bad analogy my bad.

KChiefer 02-12-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397963)
You wait him out.

Let him starve if you have to. Shut off the water.

If he dies then it's on him.

I mean shit standoffs happen quite frequently.

what happened today doesn't
Posted via Mobile Device

How is shutting off the water different than turning on the heat?

Sorter 02-12-2013 08:09 PM

IMO, I'm starting to think he either escaped or he did have hostages with him and they were all killed from either Dorner or the fire. It doesn't make sense to me why the police haven't released anything yet.

HoneyBadger 02-12-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9397970)
I have only general ideas based on tv ect. I don't know. But if nobody was in danger inside the cabin and he didn't have some remote device that could harm people like a bomb or something, another option needs to be taken. Waiting him out, flash bombs, whatever SWAT feel they need to do is fine as long as it is an attempt to get him out without killing him. I just don't see the fire as the right option. And in the end this really isn't about the fire to me. It's about people saying that the cops should have the right under certain circumstances to end it when they aren't in immediate danger.

And if the fire creates a situation where he can't get out safely?

A bullet creates a situation where someone may not get home safely.

unlurking 02-12-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9397970)
I have only general ideas based on tv ect. I don't know. But if nobody was in danger inside the cabin and he didn't have some remote device that could harm people like a bomb or something, another option needs to be taken. Waiting him out, flash bombs, whatever SWAT feel they need to do is fine as long as it is an attempt to get him out without killing him. I just don't see the fire as the right option. And in the end this really isn't about the fire to me. It's about people saying that the cops should have the right under certain circumstances to end it when they aren't in immediate danger.

And if the fire creates a situation where he can't get out safely?

The fire may have been accidental. We only have conspiracy theories about it at this point.

pr_capone 02-12-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397963)
I mean shit standoffs happen quite frequently.

what happened today doesn't
Posted via Mobile Device

Agreed. This was some 17th century siege tactic.

Wait him out. It has to come to a head eventually since he has finite supplies. Burning him out seems extreme... if that was their intent.

NJChiefsFan 02-12-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9397973)
He was at the very moment shooting at and killing cops. I don't know how you can get any more "threatening" than that.

He was shooting them at the moment they started the fire? I haven't heard that. I know he was shooting at them prior. If he was hulled up in the cabin and they had it surrounded, then there is no reason to start a fire. If he was shooting at them at the time and it's all they had to stop him then that's a different story. That's not a story I have heard.

SAUTO 02-12-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9397977)
Yeah, like I said, I agree that the cops set the fire. That much is obvious.

But who really gives a shit? If they went in and shot him to pieces, or set the house on fire to kill him, what's the difference other than setting the fire requires much less risk of losing more officers, considering this guy had proven he will shoot and kill any officer he can.

I give a shit.

We don't know what was going on at that point. He could have been trying to surrender, likely not, but burning the house down doesn't seem like something that is protocol
Posted via Mobile Device

NJChiefsFan 02-12-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9397990)
The fire may have been accidental. We only have conspiracy theories about it at this point.

And I am not convicting the cops. I don't know how it started. Maybe he did, maybe it was from hitting the tanks. My argument has just been against the thought that if the cops started it that it's ok.

SAUTO 02-12-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9397990)

Well except for those officers saying "lets burn this ****er down", get some gas"

That was all reported BEFORE the fire started.
Posted via Mobile Device

HoneyBadger 02-12-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9397984)
IMO, I'm starting to think he either escaped or he did have hostages with him and they were all killed from either Dorner or the fire. It doesn't make sense to me why the police haven't released anything yet.

No. He got in a pursuit prior. Then went running into the cabin. I don't think the hostages ran with him haha

mlyonsd 02-12-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397980)
Common sense.

cops say burn it.

Media is made to leave

It Burns.

Turn himself in publicly and the lapd says he "resisted" and he dies in custody.

Game warden attests him he gets sent to lapd.

Again the feeds should have taken over in these circumstances
Posted via Mobile Device

If he's taken into custody and then dies I'd be questioning it myself.

In this scenario I think he got what he wanted.

SAUTO 02-12-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9397983)
How is shutting off the water different than turning on the heat?

Well that brings the issue to a head.
Posted via Mobile Device

In58men 02-12-2013 08:13 PM

police scanner just said there were escape routes from the basement

nstygma 02-12-2013 08:13 PM

this is probably as good an update as any huh?
@YourAnonNews
FOX: Hes been killed, CBS: Hes escaped, NBC: He has hostages, Onion: Hes riding through the forest on a unicorn