ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Jenson71 12-31-2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 5344147)
My mom said she cried reading the book, and Jeffrey Lyons said he hugged a stranger after watching, so it must be fairly strong hoodoo.

And it could have been even more sentimental (though that may have fallen from the book's events); the movie doesn't drown you in it, despite the "looking back moments." A large part of it comes from Owen Wilson's extreme likeability, in my opinion. I don't get too sentimental about dogs, and I think a lot of it is taken overboard in our society, but the movie works, in my opinion, because it's more about the family that is affected by the dog, rather than the other way around.

Hugging a stranger is an interesting reaction. Afterall, the last words of the movie indicate that dogs in one sense have a superiority over humans. But it makes sense because maybe dogs, and our knowledge of their relatively short though happy life, have a way of increasing our appreciation for all life in general.

Frazod 01-01-2009 11:38 AM

I finally got around to watching Michael Clayton yesterday - it was amazing.

OnTheWarpath15 01-01-2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5346627)
I finally got around to watching Michael Clayton yesterday - it was amazing.

I finally got around to watching Iron Man yesterday, and was thoroughly impressed.

Frazod 01-01-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5346631)
I finally got around to watching Iron Man yesterday, and was thoroughly impressed.

I picked that up on blu ray with one of my Christmas gift cards. Great flick.

OnTheWarpath15 01-01-2009 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5346674)
I picked that up on blu ray with one of my Christmas gift cards. Great flick.

After getting the BluRay player for Christmas, we decided to sign up for Netflix, and it was first in our queue.

I'll probably pick it up when/if it drops under $20.

Sully 01-01-2009 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 5328794)
saw the Curious Case of Benjamin Button last night. Very good movie, worth the money.

Hated it, and I'm typically a huge fan of Pitt and Blanchett.

Sully 01-01-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 5344120)
I saw Marley & Me, and yes, I wanted to cry, but no, I held it back.

The wife and I are afraid to see it, just due to the crying factor. We are huge dog lovers, and have a golden lab.

Cntrygal 01-01-2009 02:05 PM

I saw Benjamin Button last night, and while I didn't hate it.... I wasn't overly impressed (other than the job that they did with the make-up to make him look old). If I had watched this at home, I would have fallen asleep long before the end.

Frazod 01-01-2009 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cntrygal (Post 5347087)
I saw Benjamin Button last night, and while I didn't hate it.... I wasn't overly impressed (other than the job that they did with the make-up to make him look old). If I had watched this at home, I would have fallen asleep long before the end.

Just got back from seeing it. The makeup and CGI were amazing. The movie itself was pretty good - about as close to a chick-flick as I'll sit through. Definitely not much in the eye candy department for guys (Cate Blanchett and the witch from Narnia? :spock: ick).

I didn't mind seeing it. Once.

Jenson71 01-01-2009 07:36 PM

I was in love with Cate after The Life Aquatic. She wasn't really pregnant, so I'm not messed up or anything.

KCChiefsMan 01-01-2009 08:28 PM

just watched half of the indiana jones, after the nuclear explosion of which he survived in a refridgerator. I turned it off and returned that POS

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-01-2009 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan (Post 5348282)
just watched half of the indiana jones, after the nuclear explosion of which he survived in a refridgerator. I turned it off and returned that POS

Mmm...Ironic you would choose that point, as that was the first point in the movie where I felt I was watching an Indiana Jones movie...

Mmm...

KcMizzou 01-01-2009 09:06 PM

Just finished "The Happening". I figured it coudln't be quite as bad as everyone said.

I was wrong.

Frazod 01-01-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5348347)
Just finished "The Happening". I figured it coudln't be quite as bad as everyone said.

I was wrong.

I had the same thought at the video store the other day but didn't pull the trigger. Sounds like that was a good move.

Delano 01-01-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 5344120)
I saw Marley & Me, and yes, I wanted to cry, but no, I held it back.

I hate to say it, but I cried. I euthanized my best buddy a month ago, so I've got a good excuse (and I closed the office door).