ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

ZootedGranny 12-22-2008 01:50 AM

I'd have to parse through a list of movies released in 2008 to be certain, but so far, Let the Right One In is the best movie I've seen this year.

There are still a few films I want to see (namely The Wrestler and Paranoid Park), but other than a logic gap in the final scene, I don't have a complaint.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-22-2008 03:02 AM

Has anyone noticed that Bale's "Batman Voice" sounds just like JC Denton?

I have.

Because I'm Helios. Bitch.

luv 12-25-2008 10:18 AM

Rented some movies last night. I watched Vantage Point, which I seen before but dad hadn't, The Dark Knight, and Get Smart. The Dark Knight was awesome, but Get Smart wasn't nearly as funny as I thought it would be.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-25-2008 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5327094)
Rented some movies last night. I watched Vantage Point, which I seen before but dad hadn't, The Dark Knight, and Get Smart. The Dark Knight was awesome, but Get Smart wasn't nearly as funny as I thought it would be.

Hell, the TV show wasn't that great either.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-25-2008 04:12 PM

NEW( OLD )UNDERWORLD! Woo-Woo!

<object width="520" height="261">

<embed src="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/7067" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" width="520" height="261"></object><!--[endif]-->

luv 12-25-2008 06:55 PM

Tonight, it's going to be Ironman and Hancock.

ragedogg69 12-25-2008 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5327339)
NEW( OLD )UNDERWORLD! Woo-Woo!

<object width="520" height="261">

<embed src="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/7067" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" width="520" height="261"></object><!--[endif]-->

I have to be honest. I saw the 2nd Underworld first and thought it was pretty cool. Nothing great. Then I rented the first and thought it was crap. So does anyone know if this third one is more like the first or the 2nd? ;)

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-25-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 5327492)
I have to be honest. I saw the 2nd Underworld first and thought it was pretty cool. Nothing great. Then I rented the first and thought it was crap. So does anyone know if this third one is more like the first or the 2nd? ;)

Well, it's obviously a prequel. If you're not a fan of the franchise, you probably won't like this one either.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-25-2008 08:02 PM

Hangar 18 Special on the History Channel RIGHT NOW.
12-25-2008 7:02pm MST.

luv 12-25-2008 10:11 PM

Ironman was better than I thought it would be. I actually liked it better than The Dark Knight.

BWillie 12-25-2008 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5327094)

It was the opposite for me. I went into the Dark Knight with extremely high expectations and was a little bit dissapointed, it was still a good movie, but when it has expectations of one of the best movies of all time, it just didn't get up there in my book. I went to Get Smart and I thought it was going to be horrible, and it was pretty good.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-25-2008 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 5327627)
It was the opposite for me. I went into the Dark Knight with extremely high expectations and was a little bit disappointed, it was still a good movie, but when it has expectations of one of the best movies of all time, it just didn't get up there in my book. I went to Get Smart and I thought it was going to be horrible, and it was pretty good.

I felt the same way the first time I watched it. I thought it was a much better outing than BB though.

Wait a day or two then watch it again. Then watch it again a few days later; there's so much going on, that you have to get the eye candy out of your brain and system. Then, you can really appreciate the story arcs and subtleties.

BWillie 12-25-2008 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5327646)
I felt the same way the first time I watched it. I thought it was a much better outing than BB though.

Wait a day or two then watch it again. Then watch it again a few days later; there's so much going on, that you have to get the eye candy out of your brain and system. Then, you can really appreciate the story arcs and subtleties.

Yeah, you probably are right. I got it for xmas so I'll be watching it a few times when I get home.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-25-2008 11:02 PM

Did anyone else feel a little 'Revenge of the Sith"-ness when you knew Harvey was a minute or two away from imminent immolation and personality change?

luv 12-26-2008 04:54 PM

Just watched Ironman again, and ended up letting the credits run. I didn't see the snipit with Samuel L Jackson the first time I watched it.