ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Brock 12-09-2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 5279710)
Australia was ****ing horrible. It had AT LEAST 4 endings...it became comical at a point. They couldn't decide what to focus the story on, therefore, I didn't give a shit about any of the stories/characters. Somewhere in there was a really good movie, but by trying to do too much, it was ruined. Sad.
Thing is, I love long movies. I'd rather see a 3 hour movie, for my money, than a 90 minute one...so I had high hopes.
Kid was cool, though.

I'm going to have to go to this pos. I was hoping it would be tolerable, doesn't sound that way.

noa 12-11-2008 04:12 PM

Just saw Slumdog Millionaire. Thought it was awesome. A little too schmaltzy for me at the end, but otherwise a great movie. Definitely recommend it.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-11-2008 04:18 PM

"Fearless".

Not as good as Hero, but a fun ride nonetheless.

luv 12-15-2008 09:19 AM

Anyone watch Leatherheads? A friend of mine burned off one too many copies for people, so she gave me one. Was thinking about watching it when I get home from work tonight before the game starts.

Fire Me Boy! 12-15-2008 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5295991)
Anyone watch Leatherheads? A friend of mine burned off one too many copies for people, so she gave me one. Was thinking about watching it when I get home from work tonight before the game starts.

It's an enjoyable movie. You should kick your friend in the nuts, though, for copyright infringement.

:grr:

luv 12-15-2008 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 5295993)
It's an enjoyable movie. You should kick your friend in the nuts, though, for copyright infringement.

:grr:

I'm amazed at how much it happens. I got my nephew Wall*E for Christmas. I told his mom that, and she said good, because her boyfriend couldn't get it burned right for some reason. Guess he does it a lot.

Sure-Oz 12-15-2008 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5295991)

It was boring, imo

Buehler445 12-15-2008 08:26 PM

I bought Down Periscope on Saturday. I'm watching it now. I forgot how funny this movie is.

Fire Me Boy! 12-15-2008 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 5299059)
I bought Down Periscope on Saturday. I'm watching it now. I forgot how funny this movie is.

LOL

I bought that for my wife like three weeks ago!

David. 12-16-2008 03:57 AM

I just saw Network today for the first time, and WOW. What a flick, honestly one of the most well written movies I've ever seen. Pretty nuts how relevant this movie is today.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-16-2008 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5296001)
I'm amazed at how much it happens. I got my nephew Wall*E for Christmas. I told his mom that, and she said good, because her boyfriend couldn't get it burned right for some reason. Guess he does it a lot.

When I left KC, one of my fellow employees had a full-on store going.
Netflix > Burn > Sell for 5-bucks.
I'm talking, "here's my list, what do you want, this is coming out, is anybody interested"? And so on and so forth.

Never less than 200 movies on his person at all times.

I'd like to stand on a pedestal and say that piracy is killing the "quality of Hollywood", but we all know that's just a straight-up fantasy. The fact is; digital media is cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaap.
CD's cost shit to make, DVD's cost shit to make, and not only will I NOT cry that Metallica does not get all their due-grip; I will laugh my ass off about it.ROFL

mikeyis4dcats. 12-16-2008 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5300444)
I'm talking, "here's my list, what do you want, this is coming out, is anybody interested"? And so on and so forth.

I'd like to stand on a pedestal and say that piracy is killing the "quality of Hollywood", but we all know that's just a straight-up fantasy. The fact is; digital media is cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaap.
CD's cost shit to make, DVD's cost shit to make, and not only will I NOT cry that Metallica does not get all their due-grip; I will laugh my ass off about it.ROFL

you know, I'm inclined to overlook some piracy for personal use, but I probably would have called the FBI on that douche.

Fire Me Boy! 12-16-2008 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 5300587)
you know, I'm inclined to overlook some piracy for personal use, but I probably would have called the FBI on that douche.

I would. But then, my history on this issue is well documented on this site.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-16-2008 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 5300587)

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...es-467x345.jpg

WORD.

Buehler445 12-16-2008 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5300444)

Lets keep the piracy discussion out of this thread. There are plenty of other threads about it that I can ignore.

Let's try to keep this one about movie discussion.

Your cooperation is appreciated.